Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Battle Report – The Gaius War Mission 0: First Contact

Avatar Tabletop Tactics November 8, 201618  22 18 Likes

Newly promoted Brother Captain Artemis prepares a ‘speartip’ strike force to enter the Gaius System after compliance contact is lost with Gaius Prime. But will he be able to take on the ancient evil that has recently resurfaced?

Tabletop Tactics website & On Demand:
www.tabletoptactics.tv

All music used under License.

Kim Møller
Kim Møller

i dont like this format at all. no banter… i want/prefere to see all the dice rolls. makes it more immersive for me for sure.
Also, often when we see dice rolls then often we get the banter too wich i personally love 😀 and its fine if there is a bit of saltiness in there too 😀
now on to the next episode !!! 😀

Huw Tindall
Huw Tindall

Breaking out the archives during coronavirus. Totally worth it.

Trev
Trev
2 years ago

Late to the party, but this worked really well. I liked the intro scenes and transmissions – added a sweet sense of realism to it.

Dual Charge
Dual Charge
3 years ago

Great vid guys. Only recently joined your channel, so only played 8th ed. Used to play 2nd, 3rd and 4th ed too. not being familiar with the rules doesnt matter though, the way the vids are edited and narrated still makes for a great watch. Thanks!

Sidney McGhee
Sidney McGhee
3 years ago

just got to watch this, and was curious as to why you used the teeth of terra rather than a Relic blade to represent Artamis’ evisorator, since both are two handed weapons? Not complaining just curious about your decision really, love this campaign!

Andrew Carter
Andrew Carter
4 years ago

Fianlly got round to watching this. I do like narative campaignes and this is a good start, love the graphics and voice work, really helps to set things up.

Franco Nova
Franco Nova
4 years ago

This is awesome, keep doing this stuff

tulio wolford
tulio wolford
4 years ago

I agree, watching it without the dice rolls makes me simply lose interest quickly. Showing the rolls really helps me get into the game. Guess I will stick with your regular battle reports.

batthemadbat
batthemadbat
4 years ago

Loved it! I think it rounds out the offer of TTT just fine. To the question what could be made different: I was toying around in my head with a campaign format, that might cater a bit more to the tactical interests. I would love to see a campaign, where each player has a predefined pool from which he can choose his units for a game, to represent the available forces… let’s say something around 15.000 Points to represent, in your case, all the forces that are on board of the strike cruiser. But what dies in a game dies… Read more »

Farallax
Farallax
4 years ago

Great job guys, really enjoyed this change of format and the narrative worked really well amongst your usual good humour! Your hard efforts with this have really paid off IMHO, looking forward to mission 1!

pandora
pandora
4 years ago

Won’t say it wasn’t entertaining, but I feel showing all dice rolls is a significant strength of your channel, likewise competitive content and army lists and seeing how the lists play. These are the main reasons for my subscribing to your channel and not any other (ofc it’s also that you guys are wonderful). So I’m gonna say, do appreciate you trying out different things, but prefer your regular format.

Angry
Angry
4 years ago

Just awesome! Want to see more!! 🙂

Tenthse7en
Jason “Tenthse7en” Jones
4 years ago

This is absolutely amazing! I cannot wait for more! Like I said earlier on Instagram, my election day blues have been cured! Thank you team!