Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Battle Report: The Gaius War Mission 4 – The Martyr

Avatar Tabletop Tactics February 11, 20178  24 8 Likes

Artemis meets with the remnants of the 102nd Gaius Rangers in an attempt to detonate a Thermal Bomb deep within
the city of Catania. Success in the mission would mean the destruction of a terrible weapon the Nefritai Dynasty deployed to take the city, but will the mission’s potential sacrifice be too costly?

Tabletop Tactics website & On Demand:
www.tabletoptactics.tv

Official Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: http://www.tabletoptactics.tv/merchandise/

All music used under License. Credits in video.

Sgt. Ophaniel Drexus, 1st Legio Astartes
Sgt. Ophaniel Drexus, 1st Legio Astartes

Just BLOODY BRILLIANT! We will always remember you Castor.

These campaign reports are just brilliant. I am just binge watching them ……….. For the Emperor!

Huw Tindall
Huw Tindall

Lump in the throat during the outro there

Lexandrus
Lexandrus
2 years ago

Just brilliant!!! That’s really a masterpiece of a battle report genre! Picture, music, narrative, characters and the whole story… damn, this is BIG! )) This is nearly a movie, actually! You got me here, I subscribe! Great job, guys! Thank you!

GemiNaga
GemiNaga
2 years ago

Chef’s “noooo” at 1:36:05 sounds like Luke in Empire hahah. Great battle report want more like with in 8th!

Harry Wynn
Harry Wynn
3 years ago

Absolutely tragic to see Castor fall! Has there ever been a more useful Chaplain? Mine always die without achieving anything.

I know its narrative, and your choices aren’t necessarily ”the best” but I can’t help but think you should have given Artemis the Teeth Of Terra rather than an eviscerator, hitting last is such a boner-kill for a guy trying to forge a legend and not die all the time.

Really enjoying this campaign though, its inspired me to join On Demand and attempt my own campaign with a few friends, thanks TT Team!

Andrew Collins
Andrew Collins
3 years ago

this was such a great battle. had me really drawn in! cannot wait for the conclusion. was certainly worth the sub. thanks

Manacrazed
Manacrazed
3 years ago

No! NOOOO! I have this image of Castor trying to drag the bomb to the Catan, he looks on to see his brothers fighting the wraiths an understanding between the two and the Sargent knows what he must do. Castor, dragging this bomb, necrons closing in on all sides, the obelisk readying to fire.

Then a deathly click as the time on the bomb expires…

Rhys Walker
Rhys Walker
3 years ago

(Obviously) another great campaign video. I thought Castor would live when that sergeant held the line but alas it was not to be! I suggest a name for the sniper, Private Jackson. Go full Saving Private Ryan from his bell tower.

Stevan Latinovic
Stevan Latinovic
3 years ago

In one of the videos you mention you have the campaign on the site for us to take a look at, where would I find it? Your production and videos are amazing I enjoy watching makes me want to pick up the hobby again

M Jela
M Jela
3 years ago

Wow! I mean, just wow! This is so brilliant and awesome! Can’t wait to see the Grand Finale!

Andrew Carter
Andrew Carter
3 years ago

That was brilliant, nail bitting stuff right to the end. I think you’ve nailed the art of the narative campaign on the first try, Lawrence.

Lance Cullen
Lance Cullen
3 years ago

I dont think ive ever been more saddened about a plastic figure dying in a board game :O

Greg Kaos
Greg Kaos
3 years ago

Awesome game and seriously nail biting.
Just want to say that I love the spirit in which you and the others play the game. (Not just this particular match but all the others I’ve watched so far) Makes me want to actually start playing myself.

Farallax
Farallax
3 years ago

Your finest work to date, awesome stuff! You’ve totally nailed this campaign!

batthemadbat