*NEW CODEX SPACE MARINES* 40k Battle Report: Primaris Marines vs Iron Warriors 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics July 21, 20172  31 2 Likes

Games Workshop has given us the honour of receiving the brand new up and coming Codex Space Marines in advance
of it’s release next week! In this game Beard comes to challenge an all new Ultramarines Primaris force headed up by Guilliman himself!

But will the Iron Warriors be able to deal with the all new Chapter Tactics and stratagems that the new Codex has to offer?!

Tabletop Tactics website & On Demand:

Official Tabletop Tactics Merchandise & Warzone Battle Mats: http://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

Transform your battlefield with Gamemat.eu: http://www.gamemat.eu

For painting commissions, check out our our official Painting Studio partners at Siege Studios: http://siegestudios.co.uk

tulio wolford
tulio wolford
3 years ago

I feel that tactics are absolutely gone in this edition. You almost NEVER get cover anymore even when shooting through buildings, the fact that every vehicle can fire out of any side no matter what direction they are pointing takes away all tactics. Every marine army in tournaments these days are all Guilliman bubbles its sick. I have watched all of TTT battle reports and played a few myself and now all you do is move towards each other and fire and fight until everything is dead. No flanking, no using cover, no using firing angles etc. I have loved… Read more »

awsmsrc
awsmsrc
3 years ago

@benjaminbonar:disqus did they remove the re roll to wound for ultramarines around roboute? only halfway through but you’re definitely not doing that on some rolls

Andrew Carter
Andrew Carter
3 years ago

That was a good game. I’m not particularly a fan of space marines but it was interesting to see the changes from the index to the codex and what it could mean for other armies, I rather like that many of these abilities soom good but not overpowered.

Ruben Knab
Ruben Knab

First BatRep I’ve watched in a while, but it’s been great once again 🙂

John Barber
John Barber
3 years ago

Rofl that seize result. 😀 Bone, did you actually forget to charge with those jump units (sorry I can’t for the life of me remember their names; Inteceptors?) when they arrived, or just didn’t want too? I ask because I just figure they’d still be good at smashing apart cultists at the very least (I’m fairly sure the bog standard option of them is merely 50 points for 10 of em), and they could always disengage at will anyway. Wow Ultramarine chapter tactic of potentially retaining command points on spent strategems is fantastic. Awesome even. It kinda blows the Black… Read more »

Muzzatroll
Muzzatroll
3 years ago

Awesome stuff! Though I’m still not convinced on the viability of Intercessor Squads over Tactical Squads.

What an absolute boss Bobby G was!

Codex and cards ordered from Element Games! 🙂

David Nicholls
David Nicholls

Dude, Guilliman rerolls on wounds too 😉

Joshua LeMon
Joshua LeMon
3 years ago

Bone needs to take those dice out back and shoot them.

jamboxdotcom
jamboxdotcom
3 years ago

What a fantastic game! Utterly brutal. God, I love 8th edition. It’s completely revitalized the game, despite a few minor gripes.

Andy
Andy
3 years ago

Helbrutes are demons 5++ is real is it not? Also, not enough turtles in the battle report… obviously everything is wrong in the world!