Warhammer 40,000 *NEW CODEXES* Battle Report: Deathguard vs Adeptus Mechanicus 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics September 21, 20174  12 4 Likes

Games Workshop have bossed it again and given us early access to the Deathguard and Adeptus Mechanicus Codexes. Herein Bone and I do a brief review of both books before throwing it all down on the battlefield!

Tabletop Tactics website & On Demand:

Official Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: http://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

For painting commissions see our Studio Partners: http://siegestudios.co.uk

Transform your battlefield with Gamemat.eu: http://www.gamemat.eu

Benjamin Koller
Benjamin Koller
2 years ago

What a great game, it was so epic!!!

Franco Vilanova
Franco Vilanova
3 years ago

At minute 2:00:00 there’s a lot of stuff Bone could do with maneuvering. When he charges with the Knight, he gets a 10 inch charge, more tan enough to wrap around the Blightbringer and actualy hold the objective worth 4 points. Then the robot should have consolidated 3 inches towards the Plasmarines to forbid their shooting either at the end of the previous round, so Cawl could get an easy charge towards the Brute, or at the end when it destroyed the brute. I know you move some stuff around out of camera, but I’ve seen this a few times… Read more »

Martin Przybylek
Martin Przybylek
3 years ago

Mortarion!

Gustav Fernandez
Gustav Fernandez
3 years ago

Awesome game, clocking over 2 hours I didn’t lose interest for a minute. 2 great codexes, but I’m thinking with Morty in the list the Robby gang may be fighting an uphill battle.

Christopher Meyers
Christopher Meyers
3 years ago

Loved the show – only one comment… MORTARION!!!!

Andreas Rehn
Andreas Rehn
3 years ago

That was a really super exciting game! Really unlucky charge rolls though, which, in a way, was probably good cause otherwise it wouldn’t have been as exciting I bet 😛

DiesIrae
DiesIrae
3 years ago

The fluff section for Daemon Princes explicitly mentions that some can fly. It actually even offers more options than just wings, saying “Some Daemon Princes can even fly, enormous insect wings or spiralling vortices of noxious fumes carrying them across the battlefield.”

John Barber
John Barber
3 years ago

I completely agree with you Lawrence about the Daemon Prince wing issue (incidentally, you look more tanned after your holiday, or maybe I’m just seeing things!). I think it’s a misprint when it comes to the points area. Of the top of my head; the Daemon Prince base costs are exactly the same between Codex: Heretic Astartes and Codex: Death Guard otherwise. Moreover; I actually hope that it’s a sign that the Daemon Prince’s in general will get their Marks properly again too for the CSM variants. So Khorne Daemon Princes will get Unstoppable Ferocity, or Slaanesh’s Quicksilver Swiftness. Mainly… Read more »

James Clark
James Clark
3 years ago

Coffee (check)
Biscuits (check)
House work done (check)
Kids at school (check)
Am I sitting comfortably? (Check)
Then lets do this 🙂

Tom Higginbottom
Tom Higginbottom
3 years ago

LEEETTTSSS GOOOOOO!!! :DDDDDD

Manacrazed
Manacrazed
3 years ago

Man what an Outstanding game! Really great stuff, Truly Astounding. Really couldn’t believe that knight I thought he was done then Old man heals him! Nether the less he went down!

Hope you guys see what I’ve done here 😛

Vooddoogunnz
Vooddoogunnz
3 years ago

Just getting in from a half night shift and you are forcing me to stay up (at least to watch the lists) and i only have one thing to say MORTARION!!!