Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition Battle Report: *NEW* Astra Militarum vs Deathguard 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics September 30, 201712  66 12 Likes

With Games Workshop allowing us the honour of previewing the brand new Astra Militarum Codex early, the Colonel assembles a
Cadian force to bring vengeance upon the Deathguard for the destruction of his home!

In this extra long debut special, we take the time to go over some of the new Astra Militarum Codex before taking to the battlefield in a nail bitingly close game!

Tabletop Tactics website & On Demand:

Official Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: https://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

Transform your battlefield with Gamemat.eu: http://www.gamemat.eu

Andreas Rehn
Andreas Rehn
2 years ago

This is probably the (best) battle report (ever) I’ve enjoyed the most. So many great moments and things happening and the one I’ve rewatched the most. Keep coming back to it whenever there’s nothing new and I just want something entertaining in the background while painting ^_^

Nolan Miller
Nolan Miller
3 years ago

great bat rep again and again

David Alastair Hayden

Loved it!

Martin Lindby
Martin Lindby
3 years ago

I am just starting up with Guard, been an Ork player for years. This was one spectacular bat rep Gents. Well done. It is really a pleasure to watch. Keep up the good work.

James Daniel Wilcox
James Daniel Wilcox
3 years ago

Good lord that was awesome! ^_^ Thank you very much!

Nick Davies
Nick Davies
3 years ago

Absolutely epic game! Took me three nights to watch it, but totally worth it!

Grey_Wolfe
Grey_Wolfe
3 years ago

Seriously what a battle. Swinging between the Guard and The Death Guard. +3 hours but loved every-bit of the drama. Lawrence, how you consistently roll those 5s for the DR is beyond spooky. Awesome game, keep it up.

Nic
Nic
3 years ago

As a Death Korps player its so nice to see other regiments of guard diversify and get some amazing tactical options. You guys always do an amazing job with your videos! Keep up all the great work!

Rob Hurding
Rob Hurding
3 years ago

Great batrep! Finally fear the guard!! ?
Spider just tells the dice what he wants and he gets it 🙂

Dajanja
Dajanja
3 years ago

Amazing content as always. The IG is so strong and fluffy now with all the cool doctrines and stratagemes that I am almost jealous.
I really like what GW has done with the codexes and the 8th edition so far, everything comes together in a fluffy and efficient way.
I’ll have to wait for the greater good codex but it is already a pleasure to fight against and watch bat reps with the IG, deathguard.

Keep up the good work boys!

Stefan Brodd
Stefan Brodd
3 years ago

Anyone kept count on how many of those DR saves Lawrence made?!

Awesome, AWESOME, report guys!

Haakon
Haakon

Any chance of a Codex Death Guard tactical vid? Great show as always guys! H

Haakon
Haakon
3 years ago

As always-very entertaining! Are you planing on doing a Death Guard Codex Tactica? H

Kitzlberg
3 years ago

My god the amount of DR and armor saves Lawrence made, what a game!

Chris Brothwood
Chris Brothwood
3 years ago

Great battle report as always. Really love the paint scheme of the guard. At 2:47 i had to do a double take as the paint job on the infantry capes blended so well into the board i couldn’t quite tell what i was looking at

Przemek 'Mike' Rzasa
Przemek 'Mike' Rzasa
3 years ago

What an epic game that was! Right to the bitter end! Thanks for posting and I am looking forward to next one 🙂
PS would be nice to see Colonel in competitive battle report style ? 🙂

John Barber
John Barber
3 years ago

I was under the impression that Conscripts had changed, or have they changed just that you can’t max the squad sizes to 50 anymore. When it came out I really like Codex: Heretic Astartes, but after reading Codex: Death Guard it seems a little underwhelming. I feel that Codex Death Guard is rather like Codex: Heretic Astartes+. Sure regular CSM can do some things better than Death Guard (and who may not be able to do them at all!), but the things they can both do the Death Guard can just do it better. In addition; the Death Guard can… Read more »

Muzzatroll
Muzzatroll
3 years ago

Amazing game guys! Well done! What a nail biter that just shows you should never give up until the last dice roll (or the last man is dead!).

You’ve completely re-energized my enthusiasm for Imperi… ugh, Astra Miliwhatsit! All I have to do is figure out how to de-chaosify my Basilisks…

Mr. Coffie
Mr. Coffie
3 years ago

Damn spider.. Your dices are betraying you.

Ghislain Vallieres
Ghislain Vallieres

What a game!!!!! omg

Marcello Genovese
Marcello Genovese
3 years ago

Awesome game gents, you kept me up until after 2 am but it was worth the nail biting conclusion. Who would have ever guessed death guard and lawrence would make an annoyingly resilient opponent 😉 😛

Karlosdjackle
Karl De Paor
3 years ago

One of the best bat reps to date. As a guard player since 2nd Ed it was your coverage of guard and the Colonel that first drew me to TTT. First codex bat rep and we weren’t disappointed.

Alex Gray
Alex Gray

You either win or you learn. I like that 🙂

Zaius
Dr. Zaius

Great report. I am dreading facing these new guard with my Dark Eldar. Wow

Jesper77
Jesper77
3 years ago

First off, thx for giving me something to do @ work when im working the graveyard shift all alone and everybody else is sleeping. AWSOME batrep!. Spider must be one of the most fun and annoying ppl to play. Annoying in a good way 😉 Super tight game and cant w8 for the new “format”of batreps. TOP quality as always. Easily the best 40k site of em all. The ppl and the quality brings it all togheter. PLease dont loose any off you and dont work yourself down like the “rest” of the sites has done when growing. The other… Read more »

Andreas Rehn
Andreas Rehn
3 years ago

Don’t know about you guys, but until GW decides to update the other regiment’s models to resin, they’re a big no go for me cause I strongly dislike the metal models (weight, assembly etc) 🙁

Zso27
Zso27
3 years ago

Awesome batrep guys. Been whipping up a tallarn force for a while now, looking forward to the coming codex. Should be fun!

Owen Casey
Owen Casey
3 years ago

Wow, what a game, have been up till 5am in the morning watching this, it maybe the jet lag, but a serious contender for batrep of the year on TTT! ?

Andy
Andy
3 years ago

How is it that your eyebrow can catch the black death in 2017 Colonel, I will mourn you.

Mark P
Mark P
3 years ago

Love the battle report, the new book makes guard even more competitive (even though the index tops most major tournaments).

Just a few things:

4+ fnp on your prince doesnt work on mortal wounds
When the basilisk shot at the -1 prince the 4’s shouldnt have been rerolled due to how modifiers apply after hits.

Sean Kelly Chambers
Sean Kelly Chambers
3 years ago

Absolutely love all of your content and happily subscribed after discovering your videos on youtube. The love, effort, and especially the fun you have while playing really shows! Just getting into 40k very recently with the increased accessibility of 8th edition (and in no small part due to you all at TTT) and excited to see how my fledgling Imperial Guard army progresses. You are all absolute legends and keep up the stellar work!

Tony Molinari
Tony Molinari
3 years ago

Tank orders on double firing russ’s … WOW. I love it when existing armies get better AND whole new playstyles are made viable at the same time. Looking forward to seeing what people can come up with to take advantage of some of the new regiments.