Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report: *NEW CODEX* Tyranids vs Ultramarines 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics November 4, 201718  72 18 Likes

Bone and I throw down with the brand new Tyranid Codex courtesy of Games Workshop in this preview Battle Report!
I go over some of the big changes from the Index to their new Codex before employing the new Hive Fleet Kronos Adaptation for Myrmidon against a Primaris Ultra army.

Tabletop Tactics website & On Demand:

Official Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: http://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

Transform your battlefield with Gamemat.eu: http://www.gamemat.eu

Alec Jones
Alec Jones
2 years ago

It’s so funny how civil and kind The Spider is while he destroys your army. It’s like someone beating you up and asking how your mom is at the same time.

Oscar Villanueva Astilleros
Oscar Villanueva Astilleros
2 years ago

Love your videos glad I subscribed for the good stuff. Bone you are by far my favorite you seem like a it would be awesome to play against and hang out. Love the energy everyone on this site gives to the hobby

Cole Chism
Cole Chism
2 years ago

I personally unless I’m sitting back with other artillery like the Shockcannons on the Hiveguard. They can advance up with everything else and deal a sizable amount of mortal wounds to vehicles.

Daniel Conway
Daniel Conway
2 years ago

Loved it. Tyranids are looking awesome!

John Bell
John Bell
2 years ago

Chuckles. Love the way every other sentence ends “Mr Bone”.

On a rules / tactica note, when charging the marines and deciding not to charge the razorbacks, I think you can engage the latter without charging them. If you roll sufficiently highly on the charge, you can place one of your models so that you can engage the razorback with the pile in move. You can’t attack it because you didn’t charge it, but it would be tied up. Am I missing something?

Tony Molinari
Tony Molinari
2 years ago

Awesome batrep as always guys. Chin up Bone, just remember there is a spirit bomb of karma with Lawrence’s name on it floating through the warp as we speak. The new carnifex options + OOE look sooo tasty. Any Chance we will see a monster mash type list from myrmidon in the near future?

DakkaJoe07
DakkaJoe07
2 years ago

Lawrence! why you gotta be! So! mean! lol. Chin up Bone, you take it like a gent. Even though i know off cam you are letting off some steam. truly entertaining regardless

DakkaJoe07
DakkaJoe07
2 years ago

Man, when B-bone siezed my whole day just got brighter. lmao you rock bone!

Harris Richards
Harris Richards
2 years ago

I think mawlocs are actually really underrated, I don’t think people realise just how much pressure a 12 wound beastie with a 3+ puts on an opponent even if it’s damage output isn’t amazing. Saying that mortal wounds on a 2+ is nothing to sniff at and they’re a good counter to people trying to screen as they just have to be outside of 1″ so if the base fits they’re in there, or your opponent has to castle very tightly and once your opponent is playing YOUR game you’re at more of an advantage than any weapon can provide… Read more »

Grey_Wolfe
Grey_Wolfe
2 years ago

Another great vid, sad to see the BBone lose with the blue bloys after the awesome power-level 9k deny the witch role on Lawrence (for his roles are not natural). Your banter and quality of presentation is always the best. But BBone for the Emperors underpants sake get some sanctified dice and smite the spider… I am doing a list sorta similar to what you are playing with some primaris, razors, predators, hellb’s but with Big G, curiuos on your thoughts regarding the Primaris?.

Grendle
Grendle
2 years ago

B-Bone is such a jolly player! You guys are so entertaining to watch! Love the update to the site that saves my spot in the video. I often had to pause and come back later only to find my spot lost before.

James Daniel Wilcox
James Daniel Wilcox
2 years ago

Taking it like a champ Bone! Keep it up buddy! I know playing against the Spider is rough but I really enjoy the banter and your both great to watch!

James Daniel Wilcox
James Daniel Wilcox
2 years ago

Hold up. When Bone overcharges the plasma he rolled a 2 but he moved so it is -1. Doesn’t that make it inflict the mortal wound on the Dreadnought?

Tim Pöhler
Tim Pöhler
2 years ago

“… and then the tyranids say: HMM” 🙂 Awsome.

Alex Gray
Alex Gray
2 years ago

Despite my beloved marines losing this was still a cracking game! I love infantry heavy space marine battles they are so thematic and my personal favourite type of game (especially against nids) 🙂 Ultramarines are always really fun too because the studio army is just gorgeous 🙂 Really looking forward to Rob getting his hands on the Blood Angels codex when it comes out btw!

Ginjitzu
Ginjitzu
2 years ago

Top notch once again gentlemen. One small request if I may be so bold though Mr. Baker: could you take a moment every now and then to remove thrown dice from the table. I’ve noticed that you tend to just leave thrown dice on the table and continue to throw fresh ones over them. I’m sure this isn’t an issue for you and you can pretty easily tell all of the dice apart but please spare a thought for us who can’t keep up and often get confused between those dice thrown just now and those that have been sitting… Read more »

SirGore
SirGore
2 years ago

Awesome battlereport and crew. Poor B-Bone for all hes misses, think he needs to have a word with the dicegods. Keep up the good work your all bosses!

James Daniel Wilcox
James Daniel Wilcox
2 years ago

Bone! You missed out! You could have taken two Primaris Apothecaries to bring back your Centurions! ^_^

Alexander Hitz
Alexander Hitz
2 years ago

Mawlock came in heavy but there’s such a juicy stratagem that the Hellblasters could have used. ‘Auspex Scan’! Yes, it’s -1 to hit but it could have zapped him flat. I guess get the cards out as prompts. It’s so easy to forget that they’re there in the flow of the game.

Andrew Carter
Andrew Carter
2 years ago

Excellent game, after nearly 10 years of terrible codexes it’s wonderful for Nids to finally get some teeth and claws back, and so many options!

Sidney McGhee
Sidney McGhee
2 years ago

Would have loved to see a true bug hunt, Nids vs. Astra Militarium. Classic Starship Troopers game to really test out the shooting vs. numbers on both sides

casey mad
casey mad
2 years ago

Poor B-bone. I thought your dice rolls were going to be one fire after watching turn one. But as freeview has proven in past videos. It’s just not meant to be. Once again great vid and banter guys!

Jeremy Mitchell Vrtis
Jeremy Mitchell Vrtis
2 years ago

With the eldar codex coming out i was really hoping for less imperium games and several more eldar games. Normal non story eldar games to be specific. Any chance of that happening soon?

drakkon
drakkon
2 years ago

When the captain in gravis died vs the brood lord did you roll for the attack you get from the company ancient? wasn’t shown, possibly could have got an extra attack killed him, who knows. Also think gotta watch your own dice rolls @ 1:48:50 you made 4 of 5, the melta survives, would it change the battle….maybe, probably not, but still. I know you all play a wide range of armies and the ones you play aren’t necessarily yours, but for the sake of just seeing what would have happened if the game played out fully, with all the… Read more »

Sam Butler
Sam Butler
2 years ago

I’ve wanted to start a (competitive) Tyranid army for 8th but decided to wait until the codex dropped. I can’t wait for your guy’s tactica, and I’ll probably hold off until that drops before committing to buying much, but I think it’s fair to say getting some genestealers to decide on a colour scheme for is a pretty safe bet!

David Nicholls
David Nicholls
2 years ago

Man, a blue army without Guilliman. Such a rarity lol ?

John Barber
John Barber
2 years ago

I think those Mawlocs are actually a bit of a steal at 103 something points (is the electro-rattle thing something that costs points? Do you have to take it?). They have large wounds and are basically something your opponent has to deal with. I would have to look at their rules and all that but I think I’d take them even in competitive games alongside Hive Guard to be honest simply because your opponent has to deal with them or find their units tied up. The only downside is probably the fact they can’t be within 6″ of another mawloc,… Read more »

TheCyril
TheCyril
2 years ago

Another high quality production from Tabletop Tactics. I will go so far and say that you guys produce the best 40k content overall.

But…..

We need more videos with Mr Fawlty (the Chef) – his rants are priceless.
And Mr Bone needs to learn who to use a Stormraven, so it can survive past then turn 1 🙂

Morgoth
Morgoth
2 years ago

The Ancient only allows a models to shoot 1 weapon :). You guys were shooting 2 lascannons and a missile launcher, thats 3 :P.
Not that even the extra firepower actually helped Bone there :$.

Pat Ray
Pat Ray
2 years ago

Brutal battle. I like your choice of troops. I really like seeing non hoard hard hitting lists. I would definitely expand those Hive Guard. SOOOO much better than the Exocrine. Keep up great work. Really enjoying the subscription

David Barton
David Barton
2 years ago

Watching the intro.. Bone seems like a happy little fella to have around. Like an amusing hobbit-child who will always make you smile with his capering antics. 😀

David Barton
David Barton
2 years ago

So fast! Thanks very much guys for providing another early battle report to show off a new book. 🙂