Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition Battle Report: Tyranids vs Orks 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics November 17, 201710  55 10 Likes

Bone takes the helm of Hive Fleet Myrmidon again Liam and his Ork horde in this brutal game!

Tabletop Tactics website & On Demand:

Official Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: https://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

Music by Kevin Macleod: http://incompetech.com

Transform your battlefield with Gamemat.eu: http://www.gamemat.eu

Anubite
Dimitri Tkatchenko
3 years ago

Best game I seen in some time

Jesper77
Jesper77
3 years ago

Haha love the dramaturical parts

“Yes..YES!!”

*Bone flaps his arms*

Gr8 batrep and It will be awsome to see this game again when the orc dex has dropped.

Dan Lipscomb
Dan Lipscomb
3 years ago

Great bat rep! Love Liam back with orks taking on a codex Mermadon and Bone is the best. Nobody loses a tough game with more class.

R4zl
R4zl
3 years ago

Great batrep, sure some sloppy things by Bone in deployment and turn 1 movement and a bit of playing it too safe with psychic powers for my taste in the later turns. But you loose you learn, or maybe it’s you peril you learn! =) A really good game by both players! Great charges and utilization of the pile in and consolidation from Liam, nice to see! Great sportsmanship and a lot of fun to watch! Keep it up! And as always orks are a lot of fun to watch! On the turn that he cast “the jump” on the… Read more »

Patrick
Patrick
3 years ago

Think we need to get Liam on the channel as a regular since it’s always a beautiful sight when the Orks roll in to town for a party! I also love how he builds his Ork lists, he clearly knows how to make them work in 8th edition – maybe get him in as a guest if we see a Tactica video on an Ork Codex in the new year? 😉

Alex Gray
Alex Gray
3 years ago

One of the best games I’ve ever seen! I was so involved and was cheering dice rolls ? Fantastically entertaining guys, continuing to effortlessly justify my subscription ?

Maxime Lafarge
Maxime Lafarge
3 years ago

Nice game and great to see Liam back ! can’t wait to see more Orks actions when the Codex will be out

Metalfist
Metalfist
3 years ago

I can’t help but chuckle at “swing my nob first”. Imagine someone watching with no knowledge of orcs ;D

DakkaJoe07
DakkaJoe07
3 years ago

Liam! what up? always happy to see you on here. You’re my Ork brother from another mother. Bone, i think you’ve inherited some of the spider’s rolls man, you were dropping like a champ. Good fun as always watching guys go to town. Did have a quick question. was trying to buy some dice and a shirt but it keeps telling me my cart is empty and wont let me proceed. am i doing something wrong or what’s up?

John Barber
John Barber
3 years ago

What a fantastic game! I think it felt a little one sided, but the attitude of everyone really helped build the atmosphere. Bone and Liam were both great sports (as always), so I think you should make Liam a regular! I feel that Bone just did not recognize how bloody scary mass Orks are until far too late haha re: those Genestealers!

I always seem to love Liam’s lists as well, very flavoursome (with Orksome sauce)

Neutral Steve
Neutral Steve
3 years ago

When’s Liam (Thoros!) bringing the Fists back? I remember his assault centurions getting smashed by the corpse thief claw in seventh, but stick em in a Raven with an Ironclad and things could be so different in eighth!

Andreas Rehn
Andreas Rehn
3 years ago

Got to love the orks ^_^

Eddie
Eddie
3 years ago

Is Tyranid tactica coming next, or will Eldar be first?

Grendle
Grendle
3 years ago

Always great to see some Orks! Great game gents! Love seeing the new codex Nids too!

Lord Fangio
Lord Fangio

Brilliant game!

I must point out however that a Warboss on bike has 7 wounds!

Peter Almo
Peter Almo
3 years ago

Really fun batrep, loved Liam, Tyranids seem very strong atm, I just don’t really see a single unit in the lists played on TT that you might call fodder or tax. Whether it’s tactical squads or guardian squads, most armies have a unit that you take to fill a need or fill a detachment, but you don’t expect them to do that much beyond screening or objective holding – but with the Nid lists, it’s like literally every model is primed to weak havoc either with shooting or melee. Are genestealers as troops choices too good? As a gateway to… Read more »

Danny S
Danny S
3 years ago

Great game! Tell Liam to get rid of those horrid GW skull dice!!

Tony Molinari
Tony Molinari
3 years ago

This is why everyone loves the Orks. Win or lose it will always be an absolute blast! cheers

Adam Varney
Adam Varney
3 years ago

Awesome stuff again TT, its close, competitive, fun and two great players with amazing sportsmanship. loved every second of it just what i needed while painting my own Tyrannofex!

Archmike
Archmike
3 years ago

I’ve never liked the tactical objective cards tbh. I think you can win or loose a game based on the luck of the draw as opposed to tactics. Have you guys thought of using the open war deck? We use it all the time with match play rules and it makes for much fairer more tactical games.
Not that i don’t enjoy watching btw! I wouldn’t be paying you if i didn’t ^_^

SirGore
SirGore
3 years ago

Great game! Nice to have Liam on the show, a experianced player but still a humble player.

Garviel
Garviel
3 years ago

Bone is absorbing Spider powers.

Jeremy Mitchell Vrtis
Jeremy Mitchell Vrtis
3 years ago

14:30 ish. make sure the mirrors are covered! but im enjoying this greatly!

Marcello Genovese
Marcello Genovese
3 years ago

Great work Bone! So proud of how far your fellas have come and I can only see you folks doing bigger and better in the future. I am glad Lawrence has solid mates to share the load with. Your getting better already Bone! Thanks for the epic games! I haven’t commented much lately as because I have been painting a 2000 point catachan army for a tournament tomorrow, got it done in just over 2 and a half weeks! These reports really made the marathon painting sessions a blast, you know a report is done well when you can be… Read more »

Chris Hughes
Chris Hughes

For Xmas…we need the first ever TT Apocalypse game. Chaos vs Good
Guys, 3 or 4k points each. Maximum cheese, spam and turkey. Make it so.
Go on, do it, do it now!!

Sam Shand
Sam Shand
3 years ago

Positioning of characters seems so important, leaving the war boss open on the flank really hurt with all that smite.

Kit Brodholt
Kit Brodholt
3 years ago

“I’m going to swing my nob first” I love orks!

Thomas Azula