Warhammer 40,000 8th Ed *NEW CODEX* Blood Angels vs World Eaters 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics December 2, 201715  121 15 Likes

The Sanga descends into the studio with the brand new Blood Angels Codex, courtesy of Games Workshop in this epic
preview battle report of the rules and what we can expect for the sons of Sanguinius when the book is released next week!

Tabletop Tactics website & On Demand:

Official Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: http://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

Music by Kevin Macleod: http://incompetech.com

Transform your battlefield with Gamemat.eu: http://www.gamemat.eu

E Double
E Double
2 years ago

Great rep as per usual and love the paint jobs on both these armies and the bants! But I’ve mentioned a while ago once about rules…..I don’t mind rule slips and not knowing your unit stats etc here or there, especially the guys that play multiple armies. But Sanga please learn the basics, rapid fire, what number to wound etc, I feel like the guys are almost playing for you sometimes, telling you how many dice to roll and what the results are etc. If I saw progression and an attempt to learn from previous games like Stig I really… Read more »

Matthew AbdulHaqq Niemi
Matthew AbdulHaqq Niemi
2 years ago

Thanks for this big, beautiful battle report, mates…I’m falling in love with the Blood Angels all over again

Chris Frosin ?
2 years ago

Really enjoying watching Sanga’s journey in to or back in to 40k! I can relate and it’s great watching your army lists develop, although I realise this was one to show off the codex. 🙂
NEXT 😀

Thomas Whybrow
Thomas Whybrow
2 years ago

Beautiful looking blood angels dude?. I’m super pleased with the blood angel Codex. As someone who has played blood Angels since second edition. I wouldn’t say the Codex is super competitive. But still has some great synergy. personally I would drop commander Dante as much as I love him. He is much better with the sang guard. As they re roll to hit anyway near your Warlord. Plus he grants the extra attack. And he’s a bit cheaper on the points. I look forward to seeing you tactica on this. As I have a tournament coming up in February and… Read more »

Trev
Trev
2 years ago

What a game! 😀 😀 While it was sad to see the Angels lose (lovely paint job, by the way) it was great to see the potential of the new Codex!

Aaron Paulding
Aaron Paulding
2 years ago

Is Dante’s melta a pistol? Cause… shooting that Maulerfiend in close combat could have put a quicker end to that fight. Just wondering (not an imperium player)

Otherwise, great game! New codex looks to be very much in your face, as it should be, excited to see where you go with it!

Magiceffect
Magiceffect

Hey guys great bat rep.

Spider in the post game could we get some of the tactic errors pointed out. I know that would drastically help me in my games. The only one I’ve seen so far and I’ve seen it in other barreps too is razor backs are not being protected by a melee unit and are stuck falling back the entire time. The game would be much different with 2 razor backs shooting from turn 3 to turn 5.

Alex Andersson
Alex Andersson
2 years ago

Love it as always! Extra props for the new terrain!

Mike Jello-Sky
Mike Jello-Sky
2 years ago

Admittedly, I was painting models at the time and could have missed it… plus, my brain could be stuck in 7th ed.
Bone, don’t the Maulerfiend’s tentacles subtract 2 attacks per model in base combat?
I think you may have missed it again. (since I mentioned it last time 🙂
If I’,m wrong… great job! lol

Sanga, with those new rules for jump pack units, see if you can get the double chain swords going… YUCK!

Great battle as always.

Love the close ups of the models!

Mikhail Nikitin
Mikhail Nikitin
2 years ago

Awesome game Guys, love the White on the world eater it gives hem so much more personality. Love the Mauler/Forge Fiend models, too bad the about the 4+ hit .Always love seeing a Chaos Game. #FREEBEARD

Eddie
Eddie
2 years ago

I feel the Mauler fiends are best used in a pair, sticking together and hunting down the opponents toughest targets. Obviously you lose some redundancy but I think taking 3 isn’t quite worth the points. That being said the models are that amazing you might as well take 6.

Daniel Conway
Daniel Conway
2 years ago

That was my favourite battle rep so far so fun to watch!

Andrew Carter
Andrew Carter
2 years ago

That was an excellent game, those Sanguinary Guard are scary in combat.

I agree on the new Chapter Approved missions, GW has knocked it out of the park with the new Eternal War missions with this mission Dominate and Destroy probably being my favourite.

Jamie Martin-Cortez
Jamie Martin-Cortez
2 years ago

So it was mentioned about Forlorn Fury being done after roll off so knowing who goes first (Sanga elected not to use)
can you tell me where this came from? because it has the same wording as say “strike from the shadows” for Raven Guard and that is done before rolling off.

Sam Shand
Sam Shand
2 years ago

Awesome game, the Sanguinary Guard were amazing. When the the librarian dreadnought failed its last wound to the berserkers, could have you tried your luck with a command point re-roll first then it could have stayed alive. Even if that failed you could have still used the fight again stratagem. Was a bit confused why the razorbacks split fire when there was that big blob of bezerkers coming right at them, I guess thats what happens in the heat of battle but would have been interesting to see how it would have played out if the unit was destroyed and… Read more »

Jonathan Taff Jones
Jonathan Taff Jones
2 years ago

great report and lots of blood everywhere. However I don’t believe that Ser Garoth would have been within 12″ to be declared as a charge considering helbrutes had to be 9″ away.

Grendle
Grendle
2 years ago

Thanks for the preview gentlemen! BA are back!!!

Robe
Robe

Would definitely watch a painting tutorial by B Bone Ross

Lord Fangio
Lord Fangio
2 years ago

Question: Considering that jump pack infantry have the FLY keyword and that means they can ignore terrain when moving. Does that mean they can ignore terrain when charging as well? So when the Sanguinary guard did their initial massive 13″ (00:56:00), could Dante and the other characters been able to jump over the big rock to get in?

BroxusMaximus
BroxusMaximus
2 years ago

Would love to see a blood angels vs death guard report.

Paul James
Paul James
2 years ago

Wow that was a lot of carnage! Absolutely loved it you guys smashed that one out of the park.
Only point that may be of interest is the banner relic for the blood angles that ignores wounds is only for models in 6” not units which means Sanga will need to be careful. As it means you can’t daisy chain away from the banner and still get the buff unfortunately :(.

Richard Royce
Richard Royce
2 years ago

Bone you glorious bastard I was laughing so much at your 1000 yard stare during the blood angels rule discussion I hardly heard any of their strategems, was to busy watching your decent into darkness. Felt bad when you hardly let up. Was relieved when I saw you in the khorny Christmas sweater smiling : ) . Super enjoyable battle I like where the berserkers are heading, In my opinion maulers are good distractions and wound sponges. Would suggest killing buffers like priests and ancients first think you would have won that fight faster with them gone asap, congrats to… Read more »

Archmike
Archmike
2 years ago

I don’t honestly rate Kharn any more. Which is a same. He’s a decent guided missile for taking out specific characters but when you can instead have an Exalted Chap and a Dark Apostle each with a 6″ bubble letting you re roll hits and wounds in CC I don’t think he’s worth it. He’s just no where near the force multiplier those two are 🙁 I really want him to be auto-include but I can’t find a way to justify him over any other HQ choice. #feelsbadman

Grendle
Grendle
2 years ago

B-Bone, that “Blood for the blood god” song sounds like you have a whole Khorne musical written lol! Is it like Hamilton, but Kharn is the main character?

Rob Blatchford
Rob Blatchford
2 years ago

Absolutely awesome game lads, glad to see the BA get some teeth! Love the army Sanga, very thematic. Additionally I feel that xmas jumpers should be compulsory this month

Dan W
Dan W
2 years ago

Where did you get the volcanic terrain set from? Awesome bat rep btw. One of the best 8th ed ones so far!

The Cyril
The Cyril
2 years ago

Another great one lads! Dear Sanga, You really should keep in mind to protect you back field a little better. Next time remember to focus fire on those nasty beserkers with all your weapons. Also i think you did forget to shoot with your Meltapistol when you were in locked close combat with Dante. Also if I will suggest that you invest in 3 x 5 of Primaris Marines to use as troops. they may not fit into your Razorbacks but they have twice the wounds and twice the attacks, and they just got 10 points cheaper for a 5… Read more »

Tony Molinari
Tony Molinari
2 years ago

Loving it, absolute carnage. Those sanguinary guard are serious bosses. Improving every game Sanga, people will say your razorback priority was a bit off, don’t forget that 3 volleys of twin assault cannon and 3 volleys of heavy flamer should be MORE then enough to wipe a single unit of bezerkers. Mr. Bone made 14/17 4+ saves lol With a bit less luck on Bone’s part your target priority would have been totally fine. you would have had 2 rounds of shots with both razorbacks on the other unit of bezerkers too. Cheers gents loving the new BA stuff so… Read more »

Anubite
Dimitri Tkatchenko
2 years ago

Loved it. Not much wiff in this game.(other than kharne) as I said on fb post. Blood angel guy defo needs to replace the heavy flamers with something useful. Imagine if he had 3 heavy bolters. That be a lot more dead berserkers that game. However great game. Want More!!! Go make More!! Blood for the blood god. Khorny approvescomment image

Martin Buch
Martin Buch
2 years ago

Sanga! Remember that the Priest is also a apothecary so you can heal/revive at the end of the movement phase 😉

Chris Hughes
Chris Hughes
2 years ago

Anyone else feel like they are witnessing Bones fall to Chaos?
Great batrep as always guys, brutal and entertaining! The new mission looked fun!

Andy
Andy
2 years ago

your army is getting so goddamn glorious Sanga! love it

Mark P
Mark P
2 years ago

Really liked this battle report. Just one thing regarding kharne and the beserkers combat. Attack with the beserkers first to get the rerolls then pile in away from your own units so he doesnt kill friendly’s.

Also kharns rerolls happen in the shooting phase too, so putting him next to 3 lascannon hellbrutes first turn may be an idea especially if your waiting for blood angels deepstrikers.

Sanga’s target priority also needs some work like people have said regarding the razorbacks.

Throughly enjoyed it though and its fun when two combat armies meet even though this edition prefers shooting.

Ghislain Vallieres
Ghislain Vallieres
2 years ago

Lol u shoud put some Slayer in the back ground !! Rainning blood!!

BroxusMaximus
BroxusMaximus
2 years ago

So did the death company get a points reduction or are they still 17pts. I have heard different answers.

Maxime Lafarge
Maxime Lafarge
2 years ago

Fantastic Bat rep guys ! Can’t wait to see the codex, bit of luck on Bone side regarding the saves of those berserkers in round 2.. Would have been a different game if the unit could have been wiped but anyway. Also Sanga should have done the 2nd Razorbak fire after the tactical squad ;). Solid stuff as usual

Alex Gray
Alex Gray
2 years ago

What a game! So impressed with the Blood Angels codex, especially the SG being as good as they should be! Bloody brilliant 🙂 Sanga man you’ve got to work on your target priority though :O It keeps undoing your battle plans. Follow the codex and focus that fire! Those berserkers needed all of that assault cannon and bolter fire not just half of it 🙁 Even the humble bolter becomes deadly when fired en masse 😀 Really great play with the new stratagems though I’m very impressed with you and the new codex ? P.S. I’m super happy there was… Read more »

John Barber
John Barber
2 years ago

I really like that World Eaters list. As to the value of the maulerfiend, I like it quite a bit. At T7 12W 5++ it’s ‘survivable’, with it’s colossal move it’s capable of putting the threat out there quickly and while it only hits on 4+’s, if you’re that worried you could (albeit not in World Eaters forces) Prescience it if you really want. But even if you didn’t, with access to both Dark Apostles and/or Exalted Champions, and Daemonforge, I think their problems can be mitigated quite a bit, possibly because you were taking Dark Apostles/Chaos Lords and Exalted… Read more »

Mattie Dubbs
Mattie Dubbs
2 years ago

Rules question Spider….wasn’t it FAQ’ed that berserkers two times to attack are counted separately, so Sanga could have interrupted with his customers with two command points after the first round of attacks? Not sure why he waited to survive both to interrupt? Great work guys!!

daybreak
Andrew Manuel
2 years ago

Hmm, kind of seems like the BA power is locked behind stratagems when other armies are getting it built into the unit (wulfen, zerkers, genestealers). Definitely an improvement but I’m not sure I’ll feel confident going against other melee armies with my own melee army.

Awesome battle report though!

John Barber
John Barber
2 years ago

Veterans of the Long War does work against everyone 😉 You just can’t use it if you’re Renegade (cos they haven’t been around for as long you see!). I’m torn with this battle; as I always want Chaos to win, but you know… it’s Blood Angels who are kinda my second love, and I always want to see them do well too :O

disqus_f5Wq9lT8Qx
disqus_f5Wq9lT8Qx
2 years ago

Awe. That seize power up would have been so much better if he’d kept the Christmas jumper.

Alex Gray
Alex Gray
2 years ago

There better be a flying librarian dreadnought in this lads!? (just started)

John Barber