Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition Battle Report: World Eaters vs Imperium 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics February 13, 201814  83 14 Likes

Bone makes his Freeview filming debut taking command on not only the World Eaters but the camera as well, as
he takes on Stig’s ever expanding Custodes alliance!

Tabletop Tactics website & On Demand:

Official Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: http://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

Music by Kevin Macleod: http://incompetech.com

Transform your battlefield with Gamemat.eu: http://www.gamemat.eu

Nimrod
Nimrod
2 years ago

I really liked this battle report but the voices seemed a bit muted – did you use a different microphone or am I going insane?

GravesDisease
GravesDisease
2 years ago

Really enjoyed this video, you guys have a great outlook to the game.

jacobweile
jacobweile

Bonecam <3

Salvatore
Salvatore
2 years ago

Cheeky lighter at 1:19:58 – a nominal way to burn heretics I suppose.

Rhaine
Rhaine_007
2 years ago

Great game, so close!!! I don’t think iv’e seen a batrep where someone has remembered that many Death to the false emperor rolls, well done. I think you need to remember the consolidate after combat Bone. Really could have helped the Kytan get up the board with 3″ after each combat the Kytan ended up unengaged. Also you could have consolidated into the Taurox with Sar Garoth after his combat.

Mike Rainbow
Mike Rainbow
2 years ago

As Bonecam is going to be more common place I think he needs his own special purple ‘marked for death’ toga dice! ??

Israx'Shall
Israx'Shall
2 years ago

Great and fun battle report as always guys! Instead of pointing those rule mistakes which are natural for someone learning the army, I would like to give some advice regarding your tactics Stig, if you allow me: – In your first shooting phase you should had focused your fire on each Rhino until you destroyed one before jumping to another one. This ways you would have destroyed two rhinos and allowed your Shield Captains to charge the berserkers inside one of the middle rhinos, probably obliterating the whole unit and even the exalted champion. It would had made the gain… Read more »

Mikhail Nikitin
Mikhail Nikitin
2 years ago

Good to have you back bone, i was starting to wonder what happened to you. Great game love seeing titanic models just run amok on the battlefield. The Scions are so damn cool, but so are the World eaters, i was just very excited about evertyhing this bat rep! Stig, Bone, World Eaters, Golden Janitors, Metal Gear Solidesque Special Forces, Its all good!

Γιάννης Ανδρεόπουλος
Γιάννης Ανδρεόπουλος
2 years ago

Can we please get a TTT T-shirt for stig that has ”Miss Cordilia” on the back? PRETTY PLEASE LAWRENCE??? I mean he went a long from ”misericordia”…. 😀

snakechisler
snakechisler
2 years ago

Really enjoyed it, there’s a couple relics to boost to a 3+ which will be much needed.

They need an ally rather than running full custodes simply because of command points and objective grabbing and thematically you could see them running around with primaris or guard with an Inquisitor.

900 – 1100 seems about right

xanost
xanost
2 years ago

I was rooting for the World Eaters to the very end! Good game!

Karlosdjackle
Karl De Paor
2 years ago

Loved the bat rep as always bbone but my God the rules mistakes lol. Easy to sit here and see them though. I think poor stig needs to play more games with Scions before fielding them on csmera. Just to reiterate tjough, loved the bat rep, keep up the good work

Joe Kerr-Delworth
Joe Kerr-Delworth
2 years ago

Fun batrep guys! Pretty impressed with how the Custodes survived the first couple of turns!

Couple of rules issues though, as others have pointed out – but the one they’ve missed off is to do with the Orders. Only a 6″ range on the orders, and if using the vox to increase it the commander has to be within 3″ of a unit with another vox unit.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Bonemaw
Bonemaw
2 years ago

Bone, your laugh sounds a bit like this guy’s xD

Philip Swanson
Philip Swanson
2 years ago

If you’re running a pure custodes detachment (which you are, w the supreme command), all the custodes get +1 to their invuln saves. You’d be sitting on a 4++, not 5++

R4zl
R4zl
2 years ago

Sorry to nit pick but: You can’t get Astras relics if your warlord is a Custode, right? Custodes get a 4++ invul and would have been good to give 2 custodes the 3++ relics instead of the Aastra one. Furthermore, what was the warlord trait? 5+ fell no pain would have served them well. And shoulder the mantle would have made your other warlord able to pick a new warlord trait aswell. Also if you would have surrounded the exalted champions rhino with the bikers you would have wiped the squad within. Both facts above could have meant your bikers… Read more »

Yann Head
Yann Head
2 years ago

bloody good game, I am always amazed how often you can re-role a “1” and get … a “1”! even with the same dice.
I wonder if Custodes and “Stig’s VIII” would be a good combo?

GerManticore
GerManticore

Great battle!

One thing my nitpicking self noticed, I think you can only use the Astra Miliarum Heirlooms of Conquest (i.e. Kurov’s Aquila) if your army is lead by an Astra Militarum Warlord.

If your Warlord is Custodes, you’ll “only” have the Custodes Relics.

Maxime Lafarge
Maxime Lafarge
2 years ago

Stig your forgot to shoot the ballistic grenade launchers of the terminator custodians in turn 1 ?. Could have obliterated those berserkers.
And the misericordia is strengh user so 5, only need 5 to wound rhino.
Too many mistakes guys on this one just after 48’ :(, not showing the might of the custodes
Happy to have Bone back on cam though 🙂

vulk4n
vulk4n
2 years ago

Gotta remember the Grenade launchers for the Terminators such a powerful weapon!!! Great batrep guys keep it up!

Jamie Birse
Jamie Birse
2 years ago

Nooo Benjibone! Heroicly Intervene with that Sar Garroth badboi 43:53!!! You’d have gotten free swings without getting hit back!

Ferrum Salvator
Ferrum Salvator
2 years ago

Great battle guys! Epic board, players and armies. The Reapers are defiantly are my favourite army on the channel. Stig, if you end up using them again remember to have a look at the “Vengeance for Cadia” Stratagem. Ludicrously low amount of command points needed to utilise it. In conjunction with the Stormtrooper doctrine and ‘first rank second rank fire’ order for the hot-shots and rapid firing the overcharged plasma guns. With one squad you have the potential to fire and hit home with a horrific amount of shots and do an insane amount of damage to an unsuspecting chaos… Read more »

John Barber
John Barber
2 years ago

Haha ‘Unlimited Powwaaahhhhh!’ Good to see that it isn’t all going to your Head B-bone! That you’re as humble as ever 😀

Outbrake
Outbrake
2 years ago

Well done Mr. Bone and Stig! Keep it up guys. I can’t get enough!

Skylar Petitt
Skylar Petitt

BONECAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Don’t forget if you’re using beta rules that you can target characters much more freely. For instance, on World Eaters turn 1, you could shoot the Warlord, even if he is not the closest, if there is nothing (besides characters) closer to you. Keep killin it!

Mihail Matsukevich
Mihail Matsukevich
2 years ago

Guys, reports are great, but a lot rules mistakes. Doesn`t matter, you`r simply the best))

p.s. PLASMA – RAPID FIRE WEAPON! shoot twice (don`t forget about that) 🙂

CrookedMysteryJazz
CrookedMysteryJazz
2 years ago

Death to the false emperor?

Mike Jello-Sky
Mike Jello-Sky
2 years ago

Custodes are no joke eh? It’s like I said, GK will gather dust on the shelves with these boys around… Awesome fight! I’m sitting here, gluing together bloodletters thinking: “I need a Kytan!”lol Stig, you rocked those custodes. Your 900pts really did tie up his 2000. Would definitely be interesting to mix those Custodes with some las-dreads. Maybe Space wolves or to be really nasty, Bobby G and a couple of las-ven dreads LOL Bone, doesn’t the studio have that drop pod that can drop and fly?Maybe ditch the rhinos and try that? Those berserkers would do nasty thinks behind… Read more »

Kelvin
Kelvin
2 years ago

I don’t think it came up too often, but don’t the Custodes have a 4+ invulnerable save?

5+ from Aegis of the Emperor (page 56) and then an additional +1 for The Emperor’s Chosen (page 72) as your supreme command detachment is battle-forged

Robe
Robe
2 years ago

Just got in from a really crap shift, come home to see ANOTHER upload from you bosses, thanks for brightening this grimdark reality up once more!

Kit Wells-Furby
Kit Wells-Furby
2 years ago

hi guys, looking forward to this, but one thing I’ve picked up on from the lists; you can only take ‘relics’ from the same faction as your warlord, so for Stig’s list, the relics would have to come from the Custodes, not AM, so no Kurov’s Aquila, a small thing but something I thought I’d share

Marc Svensson
Marc Svensson
2 years ago

Now this is going to be a treat, and it seems Stig, that you and I are of a similar mind, as soon as the Custodes were announced I was like “here, have my wallet!”, haha! It really shows on your face at the start how excited you are, it was exactly the same for me when I pulled my Allarus out and my friend was expecting more Raven guard:D Now lets just hope the Emperors finest put on a good show!:)

Eoin McCormack
Eoin McCormack
2 years ago

That intro gets me every time, feckin hilarious!

Jatzinka Kosanovksa