Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition Battle Report: Tyranids vs Adeptus Mechanicus 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics February 27, 20186  74 6 Likes

Bone returns with his second episode of Bonecam and commands Hive Fleet Myrmidon against Stig and his Mechanicus!

Tabletop Tactics website & On Demand:

Official Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: https://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

Music by Kevin Macleod: http://incompetech.com

Transform your battlefield with Gamemat.eu: http://www.gamemat.eu

John Walmsley
John Walmsley
2 years ago

Great report guys, Bonecam getting better and better!

Also, Bone – pink ‘nids are in fact the best ‘nids. I didn’t believe it either, until I saw these…

Erik Tasker
Erik Tasker
2 years ago

oh god Stig, your luck. I am so, so sorry. This was the saddest game to watch…

Bigjonny
Bigjonny
2 years ago

To be fair to poor Stig, it was all over but the crying once mighty KEVIN scoffed at Stig’s shooting and arose to become the hero we all knew he would be. BTW, I am a new subscriber (a month in) and new to the game. And I am thoroughly enjoying all of your videos. You certainly have a hell of a cast of characters on this channel and they make the game even more fun. Well done gentlemen (and I use that term loosely)

Skylar Petitt
Skylar Petitt
2 years ago

stopped watching at two hive fleets in list building

Gary
Gary

Long live Kevin!

Aaron Wilson
Aaron Wilson

This was a great game, though I felt bad for Stig. He got ruined 🙁

Edward Harman
2 years ago

Start of turn 1 – Bone drew 2 “Secure Objective 3”, but Tyranids have a Codex, which means objective 13 should be replaced by the codex-specific one at the back of the book.

Limbo365
Limbo365

Stig with your Neutron Lasers the book reads
Treat Wound Rolls of 1 or 2 as 3. You were treating Damage rolls as 3’s (so in turn 1 your neutron laser should have done 5 damage not 7)

Thought you should know!

Martin Owen Jones
Martin Owen Jones
2 years ago

Trans-uranic, as in elements past uranium in the periodic table (atomic number greater than 92). Galvanic, if you’re interested, means electric currents produced by chemical action, i.e. a battery

John Stephen Hunt
John Stephen Hunt

KEVIN!!!!!

Yann Head
Yann Head

just love the B@W intro!

Tony Molinari
Tony Molinari
2 years ago

A bit more one sided then most but still had a blast watching! Stig, it’s been an absolute pleasure watching you improve over such a short time. Unfortunately the luck just wasn’t with you today. Those 2 explosions, plus the tyrannofexs hitting on 5s like it’s easy. :TLDR: Gushing about nid tactics I’m a nid main so I can’t help but throw some list building advice out there. I know you guys weren’t trying to make super competitive lists for this one but things to keep in mind for future lists. The biggest one is the hive tyrant build. The… Read more »

Peter Almo
Peter Almo
2 years ago

Is it just me or do the tyranids seem a bit undercosted atm? You just seem to get way too much oomph, two toughness 8 double shooting monsters, two flyrants, big group of hive guard, and two good blobs of genestealers plus assorted odds and ends? The army’s felt like bone was playing with 500 extra points or something. Maybe admech are just terrible from a competitive rate stand point? I think one of the big problems is that so many of the nid characters are psykers, seems too strong. They’re all ready super fast and killy, but they get… Read more »

R4zl
R4zl
2 years ago

The other Hive Tyrant could have been activated since it charged and thus piled in and consolidated into the robots in turn 2.

Toby Proctor
Toby Proctor

@11:49
comment image

Neil Birt
Neil Birt
2 years ago

The look of your Army is fantastic Stig!

Seán Kenny
Seán Kenny
2 years ago

Oh my……Stig, was watching with mates and we just kept cringing at those rolls. To get one or two 6s on a vehicle exploding in a game is rare enough……. but those TWO(!!) re-rolls had us in stitches, I’m sorry buddy! 😛 Thoroughly enjoyed, as always.

Nikko Villaruz
Nikko Villaruz
2 years ago

Bone, the Great Devourer’s calling you. It’s time for Hive Fleet Toga, painted in a bone-white color scheme and the primary mutation is a mustache on every model.

Leigh Caron
Leigh Caron
2 years ago

Really love how these reports are pumping out last couple days. Keep up the great work bosses. Going to watch this right meow

????

John Glass
John Glass
2 years ago

Great showing gents: always enjoy a bit of Bonecam before bedtime!!

Wow, that’s a tough match-up for the Ad Mech, Stig. You almost really needed to get the first turn to whittle the bugs down to a more manageable amount. As has been pointed out earlier … it must be Knight-time soon?

Bone, time to get Lawrence to invest in a TTT catcher’s mit to hold all those ‘stealers attack dice … I’ll get my coat …

Alessandro Brogi
Alessandro Brogi
2 years ago

Hi Stig, I m the dragoon’s lawyer. They are tired to be butchered every batrep. See you in court.
Anyway as always great job ?

Mike Jello-Sky
Mike Jello-Sky

Fantastic show, boys…
Genestealers are n joke. Time to buy some more eh Spider?:)

Stig, time for a Knight my friend! 🙂 Loving the army more and more. Great paint job!

Bone… I got nuthin’

Cheer!

Máté Császár
Máté Császár
2 years ago

14 genestealer died on the first volley damn Bone I see what you did there 😀 You guys are good partners in crime and in game !

Milk for the Khorne Flakes
Milk for the Khorne Flakes
2 years ago

YES!! MORE BONECAM!! also can we please get a t-shirt of Bone saying that’s mathematics, I would buy that in a heart beat.

David
David
2 years ago

Can you get “assassinate” by causing a vehicle to explode and the character in question dying from the explosion? Curious!

Tyranids are frightening!