Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition List Analysis: Ruggerio’s Alpha Legion 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics March 13, 20186  36 6 Likes

Beard and I sit down to discuss a Tron themed Alpha Legion list!

Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: https://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

John Barber
John Barber
2 years ago

I’ll say it instead of Lawrence then; Berzerkers with pistols is better than zerkers with a chainsword + chainaxe lol. The extra attack in melee is entirely superfluous. Honestly, I think shaving some wounds off and even hopefully reducing overwatch casualties is ‘better’ than otherwise. If I recall correctly though, the Forward Operative strategem can be used multiple times because it happens before the first turn, so he could do that with a lot of his guys, especially with what, 12 command points to play with?

Ruggiero Lo Sardo
Ruggiero Lo Sardo
2 years ago

Great lists thanks! Hard name I know XD It’s basically Rogger in Italian As you mention there are some inconsistencies in my list. The Khorne cultists should have brutal combat weapons because they are Khorne! I just wanted to add that the ‘zerkers are there to counter punch in case the bombs get charged. IF for some reason I go first I would use the forward operatives on them for a turn one charge, but given the battalion that will happen rarely. Just a clarification of forward operatives: it doesn’t let you deep strike, what it does is you place… Read more »

Ruggiero Lo Sardo
Ruggiero Lo Sardo
2 years ago

Sorry for the late View. Just made my day!

Eardrumms
Eardrumms
2 years ago

where’s the Tau Codex preview battle report!?!?!?!

Chris Hughes
Chris Hughes
2 years ago

Decimator filth…i have these guys in my WE assault list. That’s some Wallace and Gromit level cheese!

Engodsemla
Engodsemla
2 years ago

Hi Bosses! I got a question about if it is better to view your freeviews here on the website or on Youtube? For me it doesnt matter but if you get income from YouTube ill watch the free views there from now on.

Anubite
Dimitri Tkatchenko
2 years ago

Just a question. I thought you had to pre pay points for tides of traitors. Was mentioned in beards and original list but no points paid. Or am I wrong.

Anubite
Dimitri Tkatchenko
2 years ago

I don’t understand why people with cultist blob don’t give them shot guns and have them are 4 with in 6. Most of them will be with in 6 after a move post infiltrate.

BobbyG
BobbyG
2 years ago

First you drop 2 contents today ! And then this is clearly for me one of the best list analysis so far, great creativity, fun, and gosh it sounds scary! Keep it up ??

Haux
Haux
2 years ago

Hate to be devil’s advocate chaps, but unfortunately the Decimators (or any model with the Machina Malefica rule) cannot be healed by Warpsmiths/Hellwrights per the FAQ.

They apended the rule to state that any model with this rule cannot regain wounds by any other means. It’s a shame because the Decimators are bonkers good for their cost and the list would have been awesome with them. You could always swap them out for some Contemptors (they have some beautiful Alpha Legion models on Forgeworld).

Robe
Robe
2 years ago

Alpha Legion definitely one of the coolest chaos factions, great looking lists would be fun to go up against all of them. Congrats on the No Retreat win too Spider! Glad the eldar did you proud 🙂

DMvdH
DMvdH
2 years ago

Very cool to see this list turn up right as I am working on my decimators for a tournament this weekend! Love the models and greatly looking forward to the damage those soulburner a can do!

One thing with Lawrence’s list, does the hellwright have the legion keyword? ‘Cause if he doesn’t it won’t give you the minis 1 on your units, greatly reducing the survivability of your units.
comment image

Viktor
Viktor
2 years ago

Where is tactica series? If you are still doing that at all just tell us when its gonna be?

TheMightyWarHamster
TheMightyWarHamster
2 years ago

The noosphere is basically technomagic VR WiFi for the Cogboys. It appears mostly in Abnett books, especially in Titanicus, and gives them a tacnet/hivemind option. 🙂