Warhammer 40,000 *NEW CODEX* Battle Report: T’au vs Grey Knights 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics March 20, 201818  117 18 Likes

After a trip away we’re back with the all new T’au Codex in this epic clash against the Hammers of Titan!

Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: https://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

Nicholas Armstrong
Nicholas Armstrong

so good!!!

also I don’t know if it’s been mentioned but the beta rules for smite don’t reduce what you roll – it increases the warpcharge necessary. Less important in this game but would make a huge difference when it comes to denying cast powers!

Israx'Shall
Israx'Shall
2 years ago

Finally! Great battle report guys! I cannot stop laughing after that toga appearance! xD You are just bosses. And I find that your final review after the battle is quite on point. The Tau codex is not one of the overpowered codex but it is really on the level that every other should be. Leaving aside the Crisis and Hammerheads, which need a bit of an extra effort, there are quite potent combinations, and they play like Tau should: you absolutely need to take advantage of synergies and teamwork in both special rules and stratagems to make then work. Isolated,… Read more »

tulio wolford
tulio wolford
2 years ago

This is the reason I subscribe, great game and I really like seeing the Spider playing in Battle Reports again. MORE!

Chris Shipway
Chris Shipway
2 years ago

It’s really strange seeing Lawrence on the wrong side of the camera… I like it!

Mike Rainbow
Mike Rainbow
2 years ago

I think wearing the Toga put the Spider off his dice rolling ??? Perhaps this could be a new tactic playing him! Wonder if Beard would try the toga out? ? Great show chaps ??

fg2anubite
fg2anubite
2 years ago

boy do i play my tau differently to bone!!! lovely game didnt see any issues at all apart from weighted dice from bone when getting cp back!!! gg dudes!

Replikant Yensei
Replikant Yensei
2 years ago

Great game, right down to the wire!

I can’t believe how Mr. Spyder sells it, I would have thrown in the towel at turn 3, but nooo, he actually made me believe that victory is imminent [dramatic fist clench] xD xD

Rob Blatchford
Rob Blatchford
2 years ago

You absolute bosses, great game. How could the Hammers of Titan possibly hope for victory over the Toga nipples?!

Daniel Haack
Daniel Haack
2 years ago

Great Bat Rep, I always love seeing the Grey Knights in action. I’m just finishing up my own 15 interceptors and seeing all the dakka they put out was great. Also it was awesome seeing the Spider in front of the camera playing! My 40k excitement is going to skip right over the Necrons however because I am salivating at the thought of the Dark Eldar codex dropping!!!!!!!!

Pumpernickle
Pumpernickle
2 years ago

Top job on the game guys as always! Also Bone I really think that toga brings out your eyes? Haha, looking forward to the Necron game!

Bonemaw
Bonemaw

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!

Erik Tasker
Erik Tasker
2 years ago

having now finished the batrep, I will comment on the content a bit: First off, excellent job, I enjoyed the camera switch ups and the banter a lot in this game! I think that T’au are fantastic now, not overpowered, not underpowered, just on par with the other codices we’ve been getting lately. Grey Knights I think are unfortunately falling below the bracket, I think a huge part of that is A) how many CP their stratagems cost (I think maybe GW wasn’t anticipating the impact that strats would have on the game that early in the edition? The enhanced… Read more »

Yann Head
Yann Head
2 years ago

great game, thanks. Necron vs Chaos Deamons would be interesting, or vs Eldar … but…. Necron vs Stygies VIII would be my favorite (with mass infiltrating skitarii mouhahahahaha)

Nick Lucas
Nick Lucas
2 years ago

Spider thank you so much for taking Grey Knights! I have missed the Hammers of Titan on this channel! I think the Tau are very strong, the Shield Drones being a hidden power unit. I have found the Fire Warriors a bit lacklustre but I am not a Tau player myself, what did Bone think of them? Great battle report gents, was AWESOME! Weird to see Spider on the other side of the camera, but a welcome weirdness haha. I have been running a ten man Paladin squad with an Apothecary/Ancient as a “core” to my army with good success.… Read more »

Simon Stevens
Simon Stevens

Hammers of Titan over Drukhari every day 😉 really enjoyed the camera swapping

Magnus
Magnus
2 years ago

That’s some uncharacteristic rolls there Mr. Spider, was it Bones “Toga of Power”, or the “Flanel Shirt of Bad Luck” that did you in?

Bigjonny
Bigjonny
2 years ago

Well done Mr. Bone on bringing the T’au back in (lavender) style! The counting to 12 from the Electric Company cartoon took me way back. Always a pleasure gentlemen.

Mikko Nieminen
Mikko Nieminen
2 years ago

Awesome batrep guys! That toga must have debuffed Spiders dice rolling. Toga dices look cool ?

Andrew Carter
Andrew Carter
2 years ago

These fish just became sharks. I’m really liking the look of the Tau codex, there’s a lot of potentially good builds in there to have fun with from what I’ve seen, without anything looking as broken (Bor’kan?) as Ynnari Dark Reapers, though a Bor’kan Y’Varha could be pushing it a bit. I think you’re getting the markerlight stratagem wrong Bone, though I could be wrong as I’m not sure whether it’s changed from index to codex or not, but you replace a single markerlight hit with D3 not straight add D3. You would have only had 4 ML’s on those… Read more »

DP
DP
2 years ago

Great to have the t’au back and enjoyed the battle report. I agree Borkhan is strong but Viorla very much underestimated, good warlord trait and strategem and brutal on a coldstar. T’au have a lot of assault weapons and being able to advance and shoot normally gives a lot of mobility to the army. The shoot twice stratagem is also strong. Love the batreps, keep them coming….

John Barber
John Barber
2 years ago

Little bit lost; at @1:41 in, was that the Grand Master with the big scary hammer hitting the Riptide? The one that apparently has 4 damage?

So, if after all is said and done and 1 got successfully redirected to the shield drone nearby, wouldn’t you therefore have to make 4 5+ saves to block it? Or are shield drones different in this regard?

John Barber
John Barber
2 years ago

Bor’ can, or Bor’ can’t? 😀 Haha the Toga. Bone just raises the bar (or lowers it?) yet again. I suggest the next time Lawrence plays Guilliman, he wears some Laurels around his head or something. About crisis teams – I think those points are kinda a steal in some respects; You are getting a T5 3+ save mini monster that can deep strike? I mean… manta strike… and are 2-3 wounds? And can fly. While I assume you then have the added price of whatever signature systems and/or weapons you are getting a lot of stuff out of it,… Read more »

Metalfist
Curtis "Metal Fist" Govett
2 years ago

What a great match, tau got some teeeeeeeeeeeth.

SirGore
SirGore
2 years ago

Really enjoyed this battlereport and nice to see Lawrence back on the screen. Necron vs Tau next battlereport please! =)

Chris Hughes
Chris Hughes
2 years ago

Loved it, you guys seemed to be having a great time with this one, Lawrence, you shouldn’t let Bone touch the camera – he stole your dice magic! Bone you are a legend, next time maybe you need blue body paint as well!

Do you think it would be worth adding some armour to the grey night list? Maybe it would add some resilience and something to eat the overwatch?

Thomas Sierp
Thomas Sierp
2 years ago

Cackling out loud like a drunk cat lady!

Mike Jello-Sky
Mike Jello-Sky
2 years ago

My two favorite armies on he same report! I secretly pretend you did it for me LOL Spider, awesome showing. Glad to see the GK back on the table. it’s scary to think you have a Tau force in the works LOL SCARY! Bone!!! CODEX!!!!!!!! 🙂 I’m thinking tons of fire warriors wrapping around a riptide (all Tau Sept) and some Edward Missile-hands (broadsides) with a yvarha sporting the bork’an sept rules. The Bork’an strategem is nasty. Beautiful thing, now that drones can manta strike, you can zip the y-tide/s round the table and drop more shield drones nearby… nasty… Read more »

Josh
Josh
2 years ago

Out of question. What is that terrain made from of the ruined buildings that seem to have pillars?

Also, is that games workshop terrain with just some added stained glass or something else?

Going to need to be making some terrain here and liked the stuff on this board a lot!

Charlie Throttle
Charlie Throttle
2 years ago

ace commentary by the bone, love the seshimi jokes!

Karlosdjackle
Karl De Paor
2 years ago

It’s gotta be necrons vs eldar right

Outbrake
Outbrake
2 years ago

I think table top tactics needs to have a flannel party. Flannel on spider, flannel on.
Love you guys
Necrons vs Aeldari competitive style imo.

BobbyG
BobbyG
2 years ago

FI-NA-LLY :D. One of the most awaited game I think and a win for the greater good (must be the Toga power ;)).

Matt Neufeldt
Matt Neufeldt
2 years ago

are we going to see a tactica with tau and the new codex?!?!?

Aaron Berezowski
Aaron Berezowski
2 years ago

Awesome game guys. really agree with the crisis suits they needed a drop they still have a place in friendly games but its sad that such an iconic unit doesn’t work in the competitive scene. Riptides did awesome as you would assume they would. Really worried about how they’ll do against a higher toughness based army with only str 6 and no cost effective strats to improve your to wound rolls but with the current meta i think it’ll be alright use that 3 cp for the plus 1 to wound on your knights and primarchs. should be fun to… Read more »

Tommy G.
Tommy G.

hey! is it normal thats its on 360p? :p

AHaaa
AHaaa
2 years ago

Totally agree that three Grand Masters in the same army doesn’t feel very thematic. Or three Daemon Princes… Or three Hive Tyrants… I do hope it becomes a standard in the new FAQ!

Imperial Grunt
Imperial Grunt

Great Toga! YES!

Andreas Rehn
Andreas Rehn
2 years ago

Great debut and Bone dressing up for the occasion was pure awesomeness! 😀

Brendan Duffy
Brendan Duffy
2 years ago

Makes me sad you misused first to the fray 🙁

You get the buff as long as you are within the bubble AT THE START if the phase

Emperorofsarcasm
Emperorofsarcasm

Bone……a Toga in this country?!? Your drones must have been freezing! 😉

Robe
Robe
2 years ago

Great game guys been eagerly awaiting this one, I think the hammers made a good show of themselves the firepower was just a little too much this time. A few bits a little disappointing with the codex but overall I’m glad it’s more about synergy than anything else. Sorry Spider but Bone thanks for the toga it really cheered me up, must have been freezing!

Tony Molinari
Tony Molinari
2 years ago

My word, the paint job on your grey knights is totally insane. Are they a spider special or a commission?

Seán Kenny
Seán Kenny

*Laughs in Toga* comment image

Klak
Klak

Been waiting for this one! Awesome as always 🙂

Erik Tasker
Erik Tasker
2 years ago

comment image no batrep could be better summed by this

Brian Ahrens
Brian Ahrens
2 years ago

There’s not enough bourbon in Texas to get the image of Bone in a toga out of my brain.

Milk for the Khorne Flakes
Milk for the Khorne Flakes
2 years ago

Petition to make it mandatory for Bone to wear the toga whenever he commands the Tau, anyone?

Nukacola
Nukacola
2 years ago

Love the look Lawrence gives Bone after he says “… I might just wear this from now on”. true love

Alex Smith
Alex Smith
2 years ago

TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA!

Archmike
Micha Ben Toby
2 years ago

The nipples…. My god the nipples… ?