Warhammer 40,000 8th Ed *NEW CODEX* Battle Report: Necrons vs Adeptus Mechanicus 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics March 24, 201816  60 16 Likes

A massive thank you to Games Workshop as we are lucky enough to previous the brand new Necron Codex a week ahead of release! Will they be able to take on the dreaded 1950s Space Robots from outer space?!

Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: http://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

FudgeMan
FudgeMan
2 years ago

I think that you guys made a mistake with the orb of eternity. I haven’t finished the episode yet, so if you guys corrected it I apologize for jumping the gun. The way I read it is that once per battle you can do an extra resurrection with one unit, and that roll gets plus one, but all other reanimation rolls are normal. Did I misread it?

Chris Brothwood
Chris Brothwood
2 years ago

Great battle report as always. Necrons are my worst enemy. Played against my mate with Tau the other day and those warriors just kept on coming.

One thing with the dynasty specific stratagem with 6’s cause extra hits. You shouldn’t need to roll to hit as it specifically says extra hits not attacks. Bone you did this the first time you used it (you would have got an extra hit, so not ground breaking). Thought I would mention it.

Replikant Yensei
Replikant Yensei
2 years ago

Great game guys, I did not expect that it would be such a nail biter 😀 Really shows Mr. Bone and Mr. Stig feel good piloting these armies, props to them m/
Mr. Spider, I may have said this before, but I’ll say it again;
Never. Stop. The Dad Jokes. xD

Mikhail Nikitin
Mikhail Nikitin
2 years ago

Wooo, I love when lawrence films 2 people play. Thats how it was when i started watching and it makes me happy! Leaves him free to think of his world class wit like “…but, will it be goodnight time…” that’s god damn gold right there…

Yurahawk1
Tv1Apple
2 years ago

Why didn’t you use the Kastelan robots rule of reflecting mortal wounds on 6’s ? Stig made a lot of 6+ saves after the volley of fire from the necron warriors, would’ve been a nice counterfire from beep-boops?

Tommy G.
Tommy G.
2 years ago

its good night time….. hahahaha

fg2anubite
fg2anubite
2 years ago

best report i have seen thus far. bone and spider in studio makes for an error free game. cannot pick on anything. im speechless, so good!!!

Corroded
Corroded
2 years ago

Stig – can’t help but feel that your turn 2 was quite poor, particularly target priority in the shooting. You didn’t quite seem to know if you should focus on killing off the Ghost Ark, or trying to put down the Warriors again, or try and hit the Wraiths before they hit you. I’m not going to armchair every unit but the one that stuck out was the Knight – at the point you were at with the Ark on 5 wounds I would definitely have put the melta (which I think would have been in range? hard to tell)… Read more »

Anders Jeppesen
Anders Jeppesen
2 years ago

Can you guys check the Cryptek rules? I’m pretty sure it says “…either a chronometron or a Canoptek cloak.” That’s the tiny amount of fairness found in this fantastic codex 😉

Patrick
Patrick
2 years ago

Time to show you guys some cool stratagems….. they’re the ones from the rulebook, but they’re still cool 😛
Classic Bone!
Love the look of the new codex though, can’t wait to try it myself!

T.J. Collier (OKnights112)
T.J. Collier (OKnights112)

Great game!!!

James Daniel Wilcox
James Daniel Wilcox
2 years ago

Going to keep editing this post as the game goes on.

@Bone – Samsonite! I was way off! ^_^

@Lewis – You’re bringing it back…… Not! lol goodnesss. Have not heard someone do that since the 90s-early 2000s

– That first necron turn was amazing!

Chris SO
Chris SO
2 years ago

Did they change aegis protocol from index, does it still give +1 to inv saves? If it still does, shouldn’t Stig have been taking 4+ inv saves with 6’s reflecting mortal wounds back during shooting(On the 1950’s)? He did roll alot of sixes.

Aaron Wilson
Aaron Wilson
2 years ago

Lawrence, B-Bone & Stig this was my favourite battle report TTT have done to date! On point rules, had me laughing the whole way through, stunning armies, high end quality AND a epic game. Keep up your amazing work, you guys are bossess!

John Stephen Hunt
John Stephen Hunt
2 years ago

Great battle report guys, looks likes necrons are going to have some interesting options. Having that one warrior survive the first turn was just ridiculous! However the highlight of this report was definitely at 59min, the look on Stig’s face! Keep up the great work guys! =)

Sidney McGhee
Sidney McGhee
2 years ago

Love the content as usual guys, Bot on Bot action always fun. Necrons look great, but I cant wait for the Duraki codex to drop and see the spider in action!

Klas Swanljung
Klas Swanljung
2 years ago

If something hasn’t changed since the beta codex, the cryptek could only take either the chronometron or the cloak,

John Barber
John Barber
2 years ago

You know, when Lawrence makes the comment of why a Thermal Cannon is only S9, I think that apply’s in general to a lot of things. Despite no longer being technically limited to maximum of 10 in stats, we kinda are really regardless because there aren’t all that weapons out there, especially outside FW that are beyond S10 (Wraith weapons are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head)- and it becomes more apparent to me at least as the game progresses with the races getting their codexes. I mean, mighty Greater Daemons are only… Read more »

Danny S
Danny S
2 years ago

Why not run immortal pride?? Seems like an auto take if running blobs of warriors. Great game guys!

Dan Wellington
Dan Wellington
2 years ago

Great report as always, good to see games that can go either way right to the end.

As a thought on destroyers (the ad Mech ones), I use plasma on my Ryza destroyers – supercharge plus the Plasma Specialist stratagem combine to make a tasty shooting phase with each shot at st8, +1 to wound (usually 2+ short of shooting a knight) doing 3 damage. They usually only get one turn of shooting for some reason…

Seán Kenny
Seán Kenny
2 years ago

That wiggle dance is giving me strange feelings :O

Trev
Trev
2 years ago

Great battle rep, guys! I must confess that I had to walk away for a little while having seen Bone reanimate all of those warriors in turn one. Ugh, poor poor Stig! My heart went out to you! Necrons are really scary now! Be interesting to see if there is anything that can stand up to them…on the surface skin, can’t see much to equal it. Thanks for the great report! 🙂

Stumanks
Stuart Manks
2 years ago

That’s was a class report gents!! Unlucky stig really well fought after that firstvturn to come back so well. Bone you a boss as aleays, and spider, good camera work ?. Super excited to get my hands on the codex. Now let the Arachnef Dynasty RISE! ://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/955b4763e3cf3e9af2c87052d4bebc9839aba7790003cdb2188e63bfc1122acf.jpg

mark hearne
mark hearne
2 years ago

The knights a really struggling this edition, weapon profile (especially on the melta) aren’t great. As you guys said they need to have a minimum number of shots on the variable output weapons. They aren’t nearly as tough to kill as they should be for their points, especially how the degrading profiles affect them. I think if the knight was out of that list and more Skitarii were even in there place the game would have been very different

Craig Leslie Gardiner
Craig Leslie Gardiner
2 years ago

Has anyone noticed that the 1950’s robots guns ar the same as ED-209’s from robocop

Solvagon
Solvagon
2 years ago

Mr. Bone! Although it my be a bit much, the knight could in fact have charged after falling back 😉

Great Batrep as always guys, keep it up!

Ryan
Ryan

loving all the content!

Milk for the Khorne Flakes
Milk for the Khorne Flakes

So much beep-boop.

Seán Kenny
Seán Kenny

Churning out quality content, like bosses! <3

Robe
Robe
2 years ago

“I wear rockets on my head, it’s fashion”

Symon Greenwood
Symon Greenwood
2 years ago

WOOT 3 in one week, keep up the great work and content guys, keep em coming.