Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition Battle Report: Necrons vs Dark Angels 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics April 29, 201816  72 16 Likes

Bone and I take to the fields of battle with an all new Necron army! Will the new Talon Master of the Ravenwing be able to bring down this Xenos threat?

Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: https://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

Imperial Grunt
Imperial Grunt
2 years ago

Interesting batrep and I think it exemplifies how some armies are simply stronger than others. And while 40K is imbalaced by default, GW should be more aware of such things in my opinion. Its not fun to play an obviously one sided game.

Bone, are you guys adding your ideas to the mix regarding feedback to GW on the latest FAQ?

Philippe Boulanger
Philippe Boulanger
2 years ago

Great as always. As a massive Necron player myself, I always get excited to watch a new bat rep involving them. Was pleased to see Nephrekh in action since it’s not my go-to choice at the moment. Will be eagerly waiting the Tactica on Necrons.

Good on Bone to have kept his composure throughout the game. The fact that you can keep playing against the Spider Luck and still have a good time is proof that you are really fighting for the Greater Good (i.e. our entertainment) !

Anubite
Dimitri Tkatchenko
2 years ago

mr bone…. 3 riptides in your lgt list. ow my…. id love to run into you 🙂 this was a great vid guys

Dave Murray
Dave Murray
2 years ago

Great batrep as always guys. Loving Bonecam, it’s coming along really well!

More from the Necrons please, also any chance of a Tactica batrep with them? When Forgebane was released I strarted them as a second army along side my Blood Angels. Are you guys planning to use any of the C’tan models? Those powers are nasty!

Keep up the great work guys!

Sam Goodwin
Samuel Robert Goodwin
2 years ago

I knew that those Necrons would be leathal I expected a tactica oh well their not mine but i feel like a proud dad an evil proud dad ?

Tony Molinari
Tony Molinari
2 years ago

For DA bikes, does a 1 on overcharged plasma slay the model or deal 1 mortal wound?

John Barber
John Barber
2 years ago

@1:16 in when those Black Knights charged the Cryptek and Immortals, didn’t Bone also declare the charge against Sekhemet? I ask because even though he didn’t reach him; Lawrence then heroically intervened so he’d be in range – in which case Bone could have allocated attacks to the Overlord anyway.

Or was the charge not declared against him?

Milk for the Khorne Flakes
Milk for the Khorne Flakes
2 years ago

I have to post this because its too funny not to. Had a game last night, 2k of my Black Legion vs Girlyman Ultramarine list (Similar to TTT’s current list) the guy kept calling Abaddon “Failbaddon the Armless”. Wiped out most of his forces except 1 razorback, 2 squads of marines and Girlyman himself. Abaddon is 8 inch away from Girlyman on my turn, use Tzeentch sorc to weaver of fates Abaddon (3+ invul nice one) and then death hexed Girlyman (no invul for you today). I have 5 CP left (pls dice gods be kind). Abaddon makes the 8… Read more »

Mike Jello-Sky
Mike Jello-Sky
2 years ago

Fun fight. Take it as it is… playing with sweet models!
I didn’t think the DA had a chance, but I’ve always been a huge Necron fan; they’re gross!
The fun stuff will come when you do a tactica of Necrons vs T’au. It’ll be a strategic bloodbath!

Models looked great! The airbrushed green looked really nice on the immortals

senatordanny
senatordanny
2 years ago

How come the Scarabs are able to charge the flyers?

Brian Spalliero
Brian Spalliero
2 years ago

There so many of the faq rules that didn’t come into play in this game tho. You had no terrain where you used 1st story to block off his assaults. Which is massive for both of those armies. The flyers are really hard to justify against any army that doesn’t have assaulting flyers. I am having a hard time swallowing the 1st story assault rule, I’ve experienced the bad end of it in 2 games. It’s just nonsense. My plague hulk, woul grinders, wraiths, mortarion and command barge can’t do combat with s okmething they can literally touch…… but based?… Read more »

The B-Bone
The B-Bone

We won’t ?

Sabot Sabotskij
Sabot Sabotskij
2 years ago

Overwatch does not benefit from modifiers – positive ones or negative ones – a natural roll of 6 is a scored hit on overwatch. Unless the rule specifically states that it modifies overwatch in one way or another. 99% sure that’s the rule, since you asked 🙂 A little added bonus though is that I’m also pretty sure that the tesla triggers on overwatch!

Great game… I guess? lol! I really feel for Bone in this one… so frustrating when the dice won’t let you have fun with your toys!

John Stephen Hunt
John Stephen Hunt
2 years ago

Wow what a brutal game that was, well done Bone for keeping at it for as long as you did! I feel 3+ invun saves are such a tricky one as most armies don’t have a reliable way to deal with them and then luck can become more of a factor than tactics which is never great. On big named characters that are 100s of points fair enough, however on your more regular troops I feel the should be some weakness they have that compensates. e.g. wulfen:- need a delivery method only toughness 4 only 2 wounds, zoanthropes:- only have… Read more »

Bill Hicks
Bill Hicks
2 years ago

Might have been worth giving Necrons 1st turn to allow them to move up and then you’d have been able to charge 🙂

Stumanks
Stuart Manks
2 years ago

great report guys the Necrons are truly a force to be reckoned with now cant wait for a tactica.

Magnus
Magnus
2 years ago

I have no idea how you guys couldn’t know who the winner would be with those lists!
Just kidding 😛

But honestly Necrons is in such a perverted good place now, hard to kill them, and if you can’t kill them they ruin your day.
The Wraiths are costly, but I am wondering if they should cost even more, their stats are just insane now.

Luke Johnson
Luke Johnson
2 years ago

See for me GW kinda went about things a bit backwards. The buff to CP for battalions basically means elite armies like Ravenwing/Deathwing just won’t really work, it does help Grey Knights and Custodes though. What they needed to do was buff the CP for the Vanguard/Outrider/Spearhead detachments etc to 2 as well. It was a demolition with disgusting save rolls that seems inherent in all Necron players … no bitterness here honestly. Still fun to watch. Throwing it out there Bone, if you had worn the toga, and had a toga wearing Ethereal leading the army, totally would have… Read more »

Metalfist
Curtis "Metal Fist" Govett
2 years ago

As a dark angels player and ravenwing enthusiast, seeing them go up against the necrons like this… oh no..

Magiceffect
Magiceffect

Hey guys,
BBone, You need the flyers near the castle, for rerolls and to block counter charges via flying bases. You mention speed of the raven doesn’t ignore the -1 for advancing, it does allow them to fire normally as per Dark Angle FAQ. Weapons of the dark age into the wraiths would have been a million times better than shooting 1 damage weapons at them to begin.

I know you’re juggling a ton of army’s BBone so keep up the work, but there are key things being forgotten for Dark angles and Tsons now.

Pat Ray
Pat Ray
2 years ago

Sorry Mr. Bone. Brutal first turn for the Necron Dynasty was just too much to overcome from such a small army.

James Daniel Wilcox
James Daniel Wilcox
2 years ago

Wait a -1 to hit negates Tesla? Damn that is brutal…

Robe
Robe
2 years ago

Ouch brutal game guys, destroyers soon to be the new reapers? :p
I’m not sure on the ravenwing narrative but would some scouts fit in the army alongside the bikes? With rifles it could be a good way to get mortal wounds in the list too.

Franco Nova
Franco Nova
2 years ago

1:17:00 You could get 2 bikes on Osiris, since to attack a unit you have to be within 1″, or within 1″ of a model that is itself within 1″, and since Lawrence heroicly invterveened, or however it’s spelled, you could attack the Overlord too, as he was declared as part of the charge. DEVASTATING game. Such a shame elite armies suffer this much in this edition, it’s almost like with big bad boys, like the Imperial Knights, or the barf Wraithknight as of yet, they are just not worth it, rate of fire is everything in this edition, makes… Read more »

Thomas Monti
Thomas Monti
2 years ago

Okay, now, I love you guys. I think y’all are great. But when you start saying things like “Lawrence pulled a Lawrence”… Lawrence, you need to check your hot dice privilege. It’s the third person that gets me. Let’s try some humility here people. ?

senatordanny
senatordanny

Page 137 – Speed of the Raven
Add the following sentence:
‘In addition, that unit does not suffer the penalty to hit
rolls for Advancing and firing Assault weapons.’

Tommy G.
Tommy G.
2 years ago

hey mr.bone dont forget to use weapon from the dark age 🙂 and also for the talon master you should try the heavenfall sword to make him a CC beast

Seán Kenny
Seán Kenny
2 years ago

Well I WAS planning on going to bed, but………..