Warhammer 40,000 *NEW CODEX* Battle Report: Deathwatch vs Tyranids 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics May 10, 20189  53 9 Likes

Here it is! The preview week Battle Report for the all new Codex Deathwatch explodes onto the channel as Beard brings his elite marines against Bone and the insidious threat that is Hive Fleet Myrmidon!

Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: https://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

Trev
Trev
2 years ago

Great batrep, as per usual. Loved the banta! I really like the look of the new Deathwatch! Thanks for this guys, a real perk for the evening! 😀

Mike Rainbow
Mike Rainbow
2 years ago

Loved the battle guys and loved the energy, B-bone can see you getting more strategic and beard did well as new codex is always hard to adopt first time around. Great jobs, didn’t Terry need a Toga? ??

James Davidson
James Davidson
2 years ago

Another great game, I love the chemistry between you two. Fun to watch!

Grouchoben
Ben Walker
2 years ago

Great batrep gentlemen! Had a great time watching the mania that is Nidz vs DW. Beardy, I’m joining you in Watching Death! Have about 20 Primaris in the works, can’t wait to begin the PURGING. And hey, don’t take the sniping too seriously, snipers gonna snipe. Brand new Codex, and you guys are playing so many armies it’s impossible to be bang on with all the interactions for all of them all of the time. Appreciate the huge variety of armies we get to see here.

John Barber
John Barber
2 years ago

@1:20; that poor Deathwatch dude would be okay if you were counting those containers as cover (ontop of the skyshield landing pad that was cover!). Anyway an enjoyable match to watch. I have a hard time trying to figure out which one of you is the more zany member of TT – Beard or Bone.

Owen Cookman
Owen Cookman
2 years ago

Can deathwatch veterans take storm bolters, I can see a strong list spamming 5 man squads with them

Franco Nova
Franco Nova
2 years ago

At the end of Tyranids turn 1 doesn’t the Deathwatch get 3 more Victory points for holding 3 Objectives at the end of a turn?

Each player scores 1 victory
point at the end of each of their turns for
each objective marker they control.

Franco Nova
Franco Nova
2 years ago

00:36:00 Roll for the Stratagem you just spent a point on! 5+ To ignore the second smite

Hrothar
Hrothar
2 years ago

Hi guys! great battle report once again! keep em coming!
I was just wondering what stratagem was used on the genestealers in tyranid turn one after the charge to make sure they have flurry of claws. Thanks in advance!

Major Chard
Major Chard
2 years ago

Cool game chaps very thematic!

CreativeName
2 years ago

I Love how beard funneled the tyranids with his flyers. I think despite the loss that that was pretty clever!

Titos Akrites
Titos Akrites
2 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyed the batrep guys, both of you make it.

Shame about the spawning of gaunts but that’s been talked about already. That had a huge impact tactically.

Arguably the corvus blackstars would have been better dealinnwith the big blob of gaunts or those mawlocs. Especially as they’re only toughness 6. Wouldn’t have had that objective burnt and helped support those back units. But then this isn’t a tactica report. Still a big thumbs up from me. Appreciate how difficult it must be to field so many different armies.

Last one, can that mawloc climb onto that building? ?

Tony Molinari
Tony Molinari

Never forget kevin the genestealer!! 😀 😀 😀

Alexandre Dumoulin
Alexandre Dumoulin
2 years ago

I really like hive guards, but they felt a bit lackluster in this game. Have you tried them with the Kronos hive fleet? I run two squads of 6 and they make miracles happen!
Otherwise, great content as always!

CreativeName
2 years ago

Oh beard man o man you let it slip away from you! I think you got overly obsessed with killing Terry lol

Andreas Rehn
Andreas Rehn
2 years ago

Really enjoy your battle reports and the two of you make a really fun matchup. Swapping the camera around, the bantering etc, keep it up. Looking forward to the next battle 😀

Aldo Zetterman
Aldo Zetterman
2 years ago

BEARD! It’s d3 D on the Librarian’s Force Sword! You could have killed that last Hive Guard! You could have KILLED IT!!!

Γιάννης Ανδρεόπουλος
Γιάννης Ανδρεόπουλος
2 years ago

I really dont want to be the bitter dude around here, but when in the beggining of a batrep both players forget their army rules like FNP and the reroll 1’s really takes the whole watching batrep experience down a notch . Nevertheless you guys are great here is what i made for Beard : comment image

Jonathan Boyd
Jonathan Boyd
2 years ago

Beard, buddy, Deathwatch Veterans have 2 attacks base! Also you guys forgot shadow in the warp for a lot of rolls.

Love ya anyway. Deathwatch looking good.

Subutai
Subutai
2 years ago

I think – and I’m not sure here – but I THINK Beard might be just a little bit happy that the Deathwatch have a codex!!! Cool battle guys, liked seeing Beardscope and Bonecam going head to head. And it was a pleasure (as ever) to see Terry the Tervigon get an outing

David
David
2 years ago

Jumping out a Corvus and Frag Cannon’ing Xenos. Cinematic and cool as hell.

Mike Jello-Sky
Mike Jello-Sky
2 years ago

Great fight! Beard, your army looks great.
Bikes or jump packs? Both mobile but bikes are shootier, tough call.
Do you think frags are still the way to go?
Primaris; i’ll be putting 1 interceptor in each kill team. fly key word (if that’s true) is just TOO good.

Bone, you’re getting too good with those nids my friend… back into the toga for you!

Yann Head
Yann Head
2 years ago

interesting game, I wonder if doing a “Vox cast” reviewing the new codex the week of the release and then a “Battle Report” the week after would give you more time to prepare, visit the subtleties, etc of the codex.
But having said that, I feel for you Beard, I think I have only won two or three games against Tyranids in the last 20 years… horrible critters.. “the only good bug is a dead bug” 🙂

André Ferl
André Ferl
2 years ago

Really loved this showcase of the Deathwatch. Good game guys. I’d love to see Beard’s Deathwatch going against Bone’s Tau army (removing markerlights with 1 CP might cause some headaches)! I thought Beard had it, but then Bone did a great comeback!

Just one minor thing: You cant reroll the amount of hits with your Warlord Trait, Beard. – only one to-hit, wound or save roll.

Mattie Dubbs
Mattie Dubbs
2 years ago

Sorry B-Bone if this has been made already but by using the Stratagem
“Single-Minded Annihilation” this effects Tyranid INFANTRY models only,
Hive Guard are elites thus I don’t think they could have shot again.
Correct me if I’m wrong guys?

AHaaa
AHaaa
2 years ago

Beard- think you should have sent a Corvus after each unit of Genestealers Turn 1 instead of wasting low damage low AP shots on Hive Guard in cover. You’ve got good shooting units, kill the fast, nasty stuff that can get into your lines and shred them.

Andrew Carter
Andrew Carter
2 years ago

You have to pay reinforcement points to spawn a new unit of Termegants, reinforcing a depleted unit is free though.

And you said you were putting Catalyst on the Broodlord turn 1 so that Swarmlord was very dead from Beards turn 2 shooting.

Remy Buche
Remy Buche
2 years ago

you should really remember the leviathan saves

Danny Aland
Danny Aland
2 years ago

Armour of contempt is for the rest of the phase, at least in the SM codex and I doubt they’ve changed it.

Tony Molinari