Warhammer 40,000 *NEW CODEX* Battle Report: Harlequins vs Thousand Sons 1750pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics May 19, 201821  52 21 Likes

The Harlequins erupt from the Webway and onto the channel for the debut codex game against Ahriman and the Thousand Sons!

Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: http://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

Grendle
Grendle
2 years ago

Great preview guys! Very entertaining! The new models look awesome!

Ronald W. Phillips
Ronald W. Phillips
2 years ago

So glad my “Killer Klowns from outerspace” will be all killy again!!!!

Klas Swanljung
Klas Swanljung
2 years ago

Thanks reason bone rolled a 1 instead of a 6 is that tzeentch knows he is Australian and thus rolls with down under rules (using the number down under the dice instead of the top number)

Martin Jensen
Martin Jensen
2 years ago

Lawrence, I have a rules question for you. It’s not one that came up in this battle report, but I hope you, or anyone else in the comments section can help me out anyway. My question is; with the Twilight Pathways psychic power allowing a unit to move a second time, can said unit advance as part of that move even if it also advanced during its first move? It does specify you move as though in the movement phase and advance is part of your move. To me it seems as though it should be possible, but players in… Read more »

fg2anubite
fg2anubite
2 years ago

Helm of many eyes allows you to regain cp when your opponent uses a stratagem. Think bone rolled a few when he used one.

Danny Aland
Danny Aland
2 years ago

Nice introduction to the Quinn’s, their looking pretty nasty, with all that speed they can bog an army down in their deployment zone pretty quickly. I really want to find a competitive use for the skystrider warlord trait, but it generally involves you putting your warlord at risk. The only other option I can think of is hopping out a Shadowseer and casting Twilight Pathways/Fog of Dreams/Webway Dance and giving any infantry that disembark form a destroyed transport -1 to wound. Which is nice, it just dosen’t seem to outclass CP recuperation. Looking forward to seeing the quinn’s in the… Read more »

commisaro
2 years ago

I think they need to make a change that vehicles can’t be tied up in combat, or at least not tied up only by other vehicles. Seeing Starweavers and Venoms effectively able to take a Predator out of the game just by sitting next to them is pretty lame.

GreaterChickenofTzeentch
GreaterChickenofTzeentch
2 years ago

Great fun watching that, guys. Thanks for all the effort you put into these.

Couple small issues:

1. Great Harlequin only gives you reroll 1’s in the Fight Phase. No rerolling 1’s during shooting.

2. Helm of the Third Eye only triggers when your OPPONENT uses a stratagem, not when you use one.

Przemek 'Mike' Rzasa
Przemek 'Mike' Rzasa

Hahahaha hahahaha

Thomas Azula
Thomas Brouer
2 years ago

Didnt know you had that army….. If not for Seige Studios posting pic of it being done 🙂

Seán Kenny
Seán Kenny
2 years ago

Aaaaaaaaaah Harlequins. My love, my life. Cheers for this, and if you take them to NR7 Lawrence, look forward to seeing them in person. *Laughs in Diamond*

James Daniel Wilcox
James Daniel Wilcox
2 years ago

Beard! ^_^ Great game gents! Hope the head is okay Beard!

James Bramley
James Bramley
2 years ago

Lawrence please jabber on buddy. Also I don’t have the models for it so can you do me a favour and do a Silent shroud, hemlock/horrify, dark creed battle report. Wanna see Girlyman vs mind war with that list 😛

GraveBeetle
GraveBeetle
2 years ago

Great batrep guys. By the way Mr Bone, the “all is dust” rule works with your invulnerable save as well so you should have been getting 4+ saves when the shuriken cannons rolled sixes to wound as they are still damage one weapons. This does not crop up very often as most weapons with a high AP do multiple damage too, its useful against plasma guns that have not been overcharged as well 🙂 Its not surprising that you did not know this as it was Faq’d back in the index chaos days. Its still under the faq for index… Read more »

Dan Wellington
Dan Wellington
2 years ago

I’m a bit sleepy, so may be misremembering, but don’t Rubric Marines get +1 to all saves against D 1 weapons, including their invulnerable? If so that might have helped Bone a bit. We’ll call it even with the Sorcerer thinking he was a Khorne Berserker. 😀

Emperorofsarcasm
Emperorofsarcasm
2 years ago

Great game guys, although just yesterday having a second major operation on my back, your jokes did literally prove painful! I wouldn’t have it any other way though! 🙂

Subutai
Subutai
2 years ago

Hell guys that was brutal. Absolutely loved it!!! Going back to the point you made at the beginning of the video about soul cannons, I find it very upsetting that Rubricae can’t take one even in squads of 9. The Death Guard get so many cool rules based around the number 7 and it’s awesome – I don’t feel like the Thousand Sons got the same love in terms of the fluff/rules combinations. While I totally agree that they should really be able to take them in squads of 5, the fact that it has to be squads of 10… Read more »

Metalfist
Curtis "Metal Fist" Govett
2 years ago

*gasp* a new army… it definitely wasn’t spoiled by siege studios or anything, not at all!

Khyz0r
Khyz0r
2 years ago

Good game fella’s and a nice preview of the Harlequins. I even found myself cheering for both sides at different times in the game. I picked up two mistakes missed, one as mentioned below Mr Bone attacked a second time with his Exalted Sorcerer after intervening, but didn’t matter as there was plenty more pointy ears in reserve. And late in the game when the Harlequins boxed in the Thousand Sons, Mr Baker moved his unit within 1″ of the rhino to fusion it to death. Probably should of remained outside 1″, but wouldn’t of changed the fusion result or… Read more »

Gordon Wilson
Gordon Wilson
2 years ago

Just my opinion on the 1750 vs 2k thing, but GW are over reacting to a single event that they (imo) poorly organised. It was a 3 day event with 5 2.5 hour rounds, most independent events run 5 3 hour games over 2 days without many problems with running out of time. This is GWs issue not the communities, and as a customer of this channel, I would like to log my preference that you guys stick to 2k, like I hope the rest of the uk’s events do.

Franco Nova
Franco Nova
2 years ago

At 36:46 you guys don’t count the Rhino in front of the Predator as 50% cover to give it a +1 armor?

Dakota Hill
Dakota Hill
2 years ago

A bit on the fence about the 1750 points… I get that it’s the new GW standard for tournaments, but the majority of people will probably continue to play 2000 points because it has become the standard. Personally, feel like it would be better to do 1750 points for Tactica games and keep regular battle reports at 2000 points. Good job though, very entertaining to see the new Harlies!

Chris Shipway
Chris Shipway
2 years ago

Lawrence what do you mean “I tend to jabber on, I’m sorry about that”?!?! THAT’S WHAT WE’RE HERE TO HEAR TO DINGUS!

Archmike
Micha Ben Toby
2 years ago

That was epic! Bit disappointed with the solitaire tbh. I expected him to hand Ahriman his own buttocks on a silver tray but he pretty much bounced off O.o

Good to see the Troupes are still unreasonably horrific in combat though 😀

Are there any Stratagems for combat?

Archmike
Micha Ben Toby
2 years ago

1:27:35 is that the lieutenant that interrupted? Did he fight twice?
Did Bone…*gasp*… cheat? ??? 😉

Thommo
Thommo

Intro says 2000 points. Title says 1750

Archmike
Micha Ben Toby
2 years ago

Blimy guys the dice don’t want to play today do they? O.o

Sven Hegenbart
Sven Hegenbart
2 years ago

Damn you guys – just wanted to go to bed and you are bringing this out! As Thousand Sons fan I cant miss this – hope Bones is leading the TS again