Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report: T’au vs Adeptus Custodes 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics June 9, 201815  94 15 Likes

Stig debuts his all new Adeptus Custodes army against the weathered forces of Bone’s T’au!

Tabletop Tactics website & On Demand:

Official Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: https://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

Music by Kevin Macleod: http://incompetech.com

Transform your battlefield with Gamemat.eu: http://www.gamemat.eu

Stephen Abdallah
Stephen Abdallah
2 years ago

Stig, can I just say, as a brown guy myself, I really appreciate the diversity in skin tones on your Custodes. You’ve really nailed those tones and I’m jealous of you painting skills.

Aaron Wilson
Aaron Wilson

Another great game guys, B-bone Tau play was on point. Keep it up 😀

Mike Jello-Sky
Mike Jello-Sky
2 years ago

Great battle as always. Sig, bro… beautiful paint! *coughs* add GK or deepstriking DW stormbolter kill team. (get my info from Bone, I’ll show you the grossness of DW) lol Bone, my boy, TOTALLY agree! Railsides can be a thing! We can figure it out! Do you think at least 1 Sept/detachment should be sa’cea for the sweet marker-light bomb? That strategem is GENIUS! Maybe the toga, cadre and drones? Also, don’t laugh, but, when we send coldstars to their deaths at 200+ pts per, when it is more tactful (or just plain fun) to think about squads of piranhas?… Read more »

Erik Tasker
Erik Tasker
2 years ago

railside broadsides I think are absolutely awesome! They’re expensive but so durable, and with buffing they can do horrific damage at incredible range! I run three and I am never disappointed by them, I hope you find them to be useful too Bone 🙂 Also the railside is my favorite model maybe in the entire 40K range!

morthobbs
Mike Powell
2 years ago

Great game! Bone, have you thought of doing Longstrike with Hammherheads to see how well that works?

Erik Tasker
Erik Tasker
2 years ago

people not rating riptides!? They’re so good post-codex! Either loadout I think is incredibly worth. Taking one is a nice, non-cheesy beef up unit for any list, especially with the branched nova reactor strat!

Corroded
Corroded
2 years ago

Stig, all the chat about Victor of the Blood Games at the start and then I think you forgot to actually use it? Helps keep those Shield-Captains alive!

James
James
2 years ago

Hey guys, is there any way for on-demand subscribers to turn off the adverts shown on freeview YouTube videos please? They’re really annoying!!

BobbyG
BobbyG
2 years ago

I think this is TT version of Bullying lol -> Throwing poor Stig and his fresh painted Custodes against Bone and his T’au in a Meta where deep strike and close combat armies get wrecked (and just to be sure of course he is playing T’au Sept ;))

DakkaJoe07
DakkaJoe07
2 years ago

Not to not pick but stigs terminators only wounded 4 wounds and you made 2 saves at that point his 4 wounds could only have killed 4 models max regardless of damage, then you would have had to roll sense of stone separate for each fire warrior. With what you rolled you would have saved 2 more, so only 2 firewarriors would have died.

DakkaJoe07
DakkaJoe07
2 years ago

Bone I’m stings turn 2 when his terminators charged and you overmatched you didnt use “thru unity devastation” does it not work in overwatch? I’m just curious cause you rolled quit a few sixes and they may have got a few more damage thru

Nick Lucas
Nick Lucas
2 years ago

Welcome back Stig! Great game as always, stellar armies. Tau overwatch has scared me so much I am taking a Inquisitorial Supreme Command Detachment in my tournament list just to be able to cast Terrify to stop at least SOME of that horrendous overwatch.

Ozoo Antoine
Ozoo Antoine
2 years ago

Great battle report as always! Long time fan of your narrative and fun approach of the game. Having a blast watching your games even though i would like to see some stronger lists from time to time on the channel. Anyways cheer up! Btw Mr.Bone, at 1:14 you overwatch the bike captain with your lone Commander on 5+, but it is actually CHEATING. Your T’au sept bonus allow you to owerwatch on 5+ onmy when firing overwatch within 6′ of another friendly T’au sept unit or when using the Greater Good ability. A detail that not all non T’au players… Read more »

Ghislain Vallieres
Ghislain Vallieres
2 years ago

Good choose to go with broadside Bone!! Unite of 3 with a commander to use kauyon + Controlnode stratagem it so good. There are a good choose of life !! Great batrep btw like always 🙂

Seán Kenny
Seán Kenny
2 years ago

Great stuff chaps, look forward to perhaps fighting these golden boiz at NR Stig!

Nick Steele
Nick Steele
2 years ago

Another victory for the Greater Good! Great game guys, welcome back Stig!

knotdragon
knotdragon
2 years ago

So, Bone, when you said those Orks have gone off somewhere to escape the heat….somewhere colder….do you know something this long suffering Wolf Lord would like to know??

David
David
2 years ago

Definitely buying a 2nd Riptide asap.

In what order would you rate the Tau Septs? (rule wise)

Anubite
Dimitri Tkatchenko

poor stig.

Chris Hughes
Chris Hughes
2 years ago

Good to see you stig! Was a good game ? not sure if it would have worked (or even if I just made this rule up!) But can’t you charge without LoS therefore negating the overwatch? I did this in a recent game but am now wondering if I just cheated? Maybe the charge would have just been too long anyway but may be worth bearing in mind if I am correct?

Andreas Rehn
Andreas Rehn
2 years ago

Great battle and nice idea you got to swap around the camera, makes things more dynamic and it’s fun to see both of you ^_^

CreativeName
2 years ago

I feel like Stig said he spent CPs for re-rolls every turn for his captain but promptly forgot to use them. Looks like something I would do. Great game, best commentary

GerManticore
GerManticore
2 years ago

Great game! Reeeeeeeaaaaallly tempted to start some Tau some day.

Also, Smite and Character-targeting aren’t beta-rules anymore. The last FAQ made them official (with slight changes). Finalised matched play rules or something.

The new beta-test-stage rules are currently limitations to deepstriking and limitations to “soup-detachments” using only Imperium, Chaos, Ynnari or Tyranids as keyword.

The B-Bone
The B-Bone
2 years ago

Very true! Did i not do this? I have made this mistake twice now… Not sure whats going on in my brain….

Kelvin
Kelvin
2 years ago

Stig, around 1:27 I think the Terminators should have been able to tag at least one of the fire warrior squads as well as the fireblade. This would have at least preventing some of the return fire. It’s hard to tell from the angle, but if you positions the terminators optimally, I’m also not sure that the fireblade could fall back, without forcing the riptide to move out of the way, you can’t go over the riptide’s base so need a 25mm gap to fit through. This would have prevented the riptide from benefiting from Kauyon and potentially forced other… Read more »

Robe
Robe
2 years ago

Great game again guys! Good to see Stig back too!
With you on the broadsides Bone, 2 railsides plus one racked with missiles for good measure is no joke

Darryl Masson
Darryl Masson
2 years ago

You know what those Custodes needed? A Knight Valiant like what I worked on while watching this.

Louis Thomson-Gregg
Louis Thomson-Gregg
2 years ago

Great report, I had been gnawing at my arm since it had been a whole 3 days since the last one!
But I think Stig used command point reroll twice in a phase on turn 2, one to reroll a failed save, and one to reroll charge 🙂

David Nicholls
David Nicholls
2 years ago

Drones need some love to make them more survivable Geedubs

Luke Johnson
Luke Johnson
2 years ago

Still didn’t get Through Unity Devastation right in the lists. You pick 1 enemy unit and wound rolls of 6 by friendly units within 6 get the +1AP.

Adam Varney
Adam Varney
2 years ago

more POW’s Bring them back! also 10/10 work again thanks for another bat rep to enjoy! you guys never fail to fuel me up for this hobby to get painting and playing again.