Warhammer 40,000 *NEW CODEX* Battle Report: Space Wolves vs Thousand Sons 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics August 18, 201817  72 17 Likes

Bone brings out his Brotherhood of the Wolf in this all new preview of Codex Space Wolves! Thanks to Games Workshop for allowing us to review it in pre-order week!

Tabletop Tactics website & On Demand:

Official Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: https://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

Music by Kevin Macleod: http://incompetech.com

Transform your battlefield with Gamemat.eu: http://www.gamemat.eu

Replikant Yensei
Replikant Yensei
2 years ago

Great game, was about to throw the towel in at turn 2, but then it took an unexpected twist! Well done guys! 🙂

Amir Hayek
Amir Hayek
2 years ago

Great battle report as usual guys, this one was both fluffy and a fair game. Great production value and lots of charisma going on, as per usual! 🙂 There were notably a lot of mistakes done during the match though: – You cannot give Ahriman a relic, he is a special character. But I reckon you could have given the relic to the shaman or exalted sorcerer anyways. – If you are playing with advanced terrain rule, then Murderfang would have gotten a -2 to his charge roll when he tried to charge (he failed anyways). This rule applies (more… Read more »

C.J. Sower
C.J. Sower
2 years ago

Looks like some of these rune priests need to saunter over to Hogwarts and brush up on their spellcasting.

Archmike
Micha Ben Toby

“Biker Wolves from Frenris” I see what you did there 😉

I wonder if I could mix some skaven with AdMech and put them on bikes….

Kellen Kinder
Kellen Kinder
2 years ago

Don’t the helfrost weaponry get a chance to deal a mortal wound on a 6 if there are any unsaved wounds? just thinking of the helfrost on the stormwolf and Bjorn

John Stephen Hunt
John Stephen Hunt
2 years ago

Great BR as ever guys, really surprised how well the wolves did considering it was quite an elite army against all that mortal wound output. Wulfen already make me worried as it was and now they seem even worse! I wish I could give genestealers thunder hammers and storm shields =P

Przemek 'Mike' Rzasa
Przemek 'Mike' Rzasa
2 years ago

That was really fun to watch haha Those kind of battles are the best to the bitter end!

Yann Head
Yann Head
2 years ago

BBC is back! Great game, i love watching Beard role dice, makes me feel better about my rolling 😉 Oh but Bone!!! What a blunder!!! Spacewolves rolling Tzeentch (blue) dice…. No wonder your spells did not work 😉

Grouchoben
Ben Walker
2 years ago

Whooo that was emotional. I’m going for a lie down.

BobbyG
BobbyG
2 years ago

I have a feeling we’re not going to see those rune priest soon ? – what a laugh
Edit : Bjorn finishing the business on Ariman -> Epic

Harry Wynn
Harry Wynn
2 years ago

When the lamest wolf priest that ever was (a descendant of Othere Wyrdmake, maybe?) exploded, shouldn’t he have done mortal wounds to everyone nearby? 🙂

Great batrep, Bone + Beard! Enjoyed your energy, really funny. You guys are flying on your own now without Momma Spider!

DMvdH
DMvdH
2 years ago

I’m only halfway through the battle report but you guys know terminators can deepstrike for free right? No need to use stratagems on them.

zeog zeog
zeog zeog
2 years ago

Bone….. I know you can’t swear on camera but if it’s any consolation (watching your luck) I can’t help but shouting expletives into the night. (And no I didn’t play an ‘interesting’ drinking game, I’m just home from the pub.)

Edward Harman
2 years ago

FWIW I’m drinking while watching. And painting. What a life.

Luke Freeman
Luke Freeman
2 years ago

Beard in future just completely ‘wrap’ a stormwolf that’s come close and the wulfen can’t disembark that turn! Never let them charge turn 2…..

Bulwyf
Bulwyf
2 years ago

Loved this game! I wish I had as much success with my TWC as B-Bone gets with his. I usually get them Death Hex on turn 1 and shot off the table. Glad his held on long enough for victory. I know B-Bone wanted to show off those new psychic abilities but that one RP was absolutely cursed the entire game. His peril death was so apropos. Still, glad B-Bone stuck it out and won for RUSS AND THE ALL FATHER!

fabiusgallus
fabiusgallus
2 years ago

Nice battle report; those Wulfen are really scary and that was with below than average rolls… they’re probably the best units in the entire space marine codes now :P, at least until everything is changed in the FAQ again.

Also could you make an death guard vs thousand sons report in the future? I can’t remember seeing chaos vs chaos in 8th yet.

Ian Tomlinson
Ian Tomlinson
2 years ago

Awesome game to watch, a very entertaining battle rep. The new codex looks mean though! My wolf playing friend will love it!

Andreas Rehn
Andreas Rehn
2 years ago

At 1h 23m, when the Tzangor shaman killed a wolfen, can the wolfen aim it’s special attacks at the shaman this turn, due to the wolfen having charged? Or did they declare against the shaman as well? Might be one of those things that need an FAQ… Hmm…
All in all, it was a great game and I’m looking forward to the next ^_^

David Holderness
David Holderness
2 years ago

Nice game guys and what beautifully painted armies.

Justin Abramowicz
Justin Abramowicz
2 years ago

Any thoughts on Arjac and Terminators with Hammers & Shields with the new rule or are those points better spent on more Wulfen?

Dorn Jr.
Dorn Jr.

Sibling Rivalries 😉comment image

Rene
Rene
2 years ago

Probably Cadmus is such a good Human-Grenade-Launcher, because he practiced with snowballs in his childhood 😀 Are you suggesting to add some WG infantry? I think with some combination with Arjac (+1Attack for all WG also TW) they can be very good and would give some alternative to the Wulfen spam. Don’t get me wrong they are REALLY good and do the business, but I think it’s lame that they are an automatic pick to be some sort of competitive with Space Wolves… 🙁 I’m working on a non-Wulfen list myself and hopefully will doing well with it 😀 As… Read more »

Martin
Martin
2 years ago

So, after having watche ALL your 8th edition videos, I have a few things I need to say now…
You guys make THE. BEST. BATTLE REPS!! And, this one was the best out of all of those! The banter, the armies and their eternal hate, the 2 gents, the epic stuff such as the 3x perils Rune Priest etc!

The armies and terrain are always beautiful, the hosts are entertaining. Keep up the great work gentlemen!

Seán Kenny
Seán Kenny
2 years ago

I assume “it’s controversial”, “that’s mathematics”, and “sounds like cheating” are also part of this drinking game? XD

John Barber
John Barber
2 years ago

Haha, beard: “new codex, lots to remember”. That’s true, but it’s a pity that Beard can’t even remember old Codex rules too 😉 😛 teehee.

Martin Buch
Martin Buch
2 years ago

Lovely bat rep and extremely entertaining duo as usual 😀 @Beard, some friendly comments knowing this isn’t a tactica: Wrapping the Stormwolf during your first turn would have forced the wulfen to be on the wings for an additional turn, or perhaps if you focused all your fire power at the flyer and had some luck, you could shoot it out of the sky and thus eliminate the wulfen due to them not being able to deploy. Second, losing all those Tzaangors gave you the opportunity to remove the ones in front of Cadmus, so even after a pile in… Read more »

Klas Swanljung
Klas Swanljung
2 years ago

You guys seem to pretty consistently forget the 5+ invulnerable save on Rubric marines. with all is dust it’s a 4+….

NB
NB

CELESTIIIINNNNEEEEEEEEEE!

Magnus
Magnus
2 years ago

Hey Bone, what sort of things are you looking to add to your army? I have loads of space wolves that are looking for a new home, and I’d gladly donate them if you are interested.

John Barber
John Barber
2 years ago

Yassss, so is it the best of all the Space Marine codexes? 😛 It’s always a great game when watching you two gents throw it down. EDIT: If Simon Grant authored it, then probably so! lol Doesn’t Ahriman have a +1 to cast and dispel? I’m surprised that you didn’t use Death Hex in your first turn Beard, between that and Veterans of the Long War I think you would have ruined those Thunderwolves in your first turn. Edit; if those Rune/Iron Priests on bikes are Index options, then they wouldn’t get the Chapter trait of +1 to Hit (@1:18:17),… Read more »

elhawko
elhawko

For the Rout!

Martin
Martin

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!

CAN’T WAIT – GO BONE!!!! I herebt support you by litteraly eating 300g of beef pieces for breakfast 😀