Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report: Death Guard vs Iron Warriors 1750pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics September 1, 201811  47 11 Likes

Bone takes command of the studio Death Guard to take on Beard and his infamous Iron Warriors!

Tabletop Tactics website & On Demand:

Official Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: http://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

Transform your battlefield with Gamemat.eu: http://www.gamemat.eu

Bulwyf
Bulwyf
1 year ago

Great game. I have noticed that Grotti’s favored son B-Bone has forgotten in at least three games as playing Death Guard that he can use a command point to make his own vehicles explode with no damage to Nurgle keyword units instead of having to roll for a chance to explode. Please try to remember that in future games. We are here to help you out mate!

Harry Wynn
Harry Wynn
1 year ago

The Forces of Chaos won this battle report, just as I knew they would! Epic!

Nice work Beardy-Bone.

Bart odog
Bart odog
1 year ago

New mug art idea….Bones as a giant flying cherub…holding a meltagun….charging heretics?

DMvdH
DMvdH
1 year ago

This report reminded me of my favorite WD batrep back in the day when the 3.5 chaos dex came out. It was Black Legion vs Iron Warriors and it was EPIC! Black legion won that round though, they wrote a story at then end how Honsou’s forces shelled the BL afterwards and won the day in the end afterall.. Didn’t need that one here today!

Dan Wellington
Dan Wellington

Iron Warriros? (9:30) – was this edited by Scooby Doo? 😀

Andrew Davis
Andrew Davis
1 year ago

A fun game, I like the big swings you can get with this mission. It was nice seeing some space marines in the space marine armies, maybe you could do a grudge match using only space marine models ?

BobbyG
BobbyG
1 year ago

Just one comment : ONE! (Epic bat rep)

Paul
Paul
1 year ago

Wow, another great game and sooo close …

Axmar
Axmar
1 year ago

Can “hold the line” be scored in the first turn ? Not sure …

Andreas Rehn
Andreas Rehn
1 year ago

Great game guys, you two are really amazing entertainers ^_^

Klas Swanljung
Klas Swanljung
1 year ago

Feels Beard doesn’t use the full potential of the cultists. it was 70 shots, he could have veterans of the long war’d there and then endless cacophonied them for 70 more shots with veterans still in effect…. Tons of damage

Christian Schnieder
Christian Schnieder
1 year ago

One question: How do you determine line of sight/range in 40k? In AoS, you do it on a model basis. So, you can only shoot with those models that can see a model of the target unit and are in range of a model in the target unit. I am asking because of situations like those in DG turn 6 where terrain might have obscurred line of sight for some models of the DG.

Edit: How absoultely impolite of me to forget: Awesome battle report! Exciting until the very end! You two are just great entertainment!

Demon GM
Demon GM
1 year ago

Awesome content again, guys! Much love and please keep it up! DG is my faction, so I love seeing it on the tabletop when you guys play. If I could add a few comments: the entropy cannons on the crawlers really did some work, but I think you might have been better served taking plaguespitters and playing aggressively with them, especially since you had a daemon prince held back buffing them (an expensive unit to take and not have in combat doing what princes do best!). Also with arch-contaminator, I think you would have seen the IW infantry melt away… Read more »

Benjamin Koller
1 year ago

Nice batrap as always guys, but Bone I think you forgot to reroll the one’s to wound in round 3 or 4 with the last Plagueburst crawler, because of the plague weapon.

Apathetic11B
Bryce Chambers
1 year ago

Great game! Small mistakes such but the other rules guys here already pointed them out. Love seeing the Iron Warriors, one thing for beard, it is how I run mine thanks to a friend of mine (and its super cheeky) is 10 man havoc squads. I use heavy bolters cause ya know, amount of shots. 6 regular CSM (champion with chainsword and combi bolter) and 4 CSM with heavy bolters. It A. adds extra wounds so you dont take straight from your heavy weapons or champion. B. Keep them unmarked for the icon of vengeance for that Ld9 C. They… Read more »

Cortez6195
Cortez6195
1 year ago

Someone needs to wear some socks in the studio!

Great game guys!

Eardrumms
Eardrumms
1 year ago

Hey just realised that I’d missed the release of Grey Knights codex – normally rely on you guys to let us know they’re coming with a preview-week BR! Are we going to see them on the channel soon? Or are we waiting for Siege to deliver all the cheese?

Sebly
Sebly
1 year ago

I know you guys talk a lot about wanting a point reduction in marines but I was just curious to know how many points you think a standard bolter wielding marine should be? 🙂

Michael Costello
Michael Costello
1 year ago

Hey guys, you can heal the Leviathan! If you look closer at the wording, it only says you can’t during the same turn as the Machina Malifica special rule is used. As he shouldn’t be in combat you will pretty much always be able to repair him with the Hellwright.

Daniel Hammond
Daniel Hammond
1 year ago

in turn 4 how many command points did beard have, if he had 2 why didn’t he do tide of traitors

Miika Mäkelä
Miika Mäkelä
1 year ago

could have kill the amiger at 1:38:32 the mortal rerolls ones to wound (plague weapon) and you got 1 wound and 2 ones.

elhawko
elhawko
1 year ago

Can we get a Death Guard vs. Space Wolves?

Daniel Payne
Daniel Payne
1 year ago

Best 40k content on the web…hands down…btw, where can I get one of those snazzy mugs?

Bob Renshaw
Bob Renshaw
1 year ago

This was a great battle report. Just a quick question, in Beard’s turn three, how did the sorcerer and warlord shoot and charge after falling back? I loved the chaos v chaos!

IKR
IKR
1 year ago

The 30k Mechanicum do have a model for an Abeyant (Archmagos Draykavac), I’m not sure if it’s the same kind of thing that the Hellwright can take, but it does look pretty cool.

Ghislain Vallieres
Ghislain Vallieres
1 year ago

Omg Chaos vs Chaos so fucking nice!!!

John Barber
John Barber
1 year ago

Hahaha ‘we don’t have to remember Death to the false emperor today!” It’s alright, you don’t remember it anyway 😉 lol – just kidding. Wouldn’t you actually get cover saves against the armigers @59:26? They don’t have the Legion keyword. Edit: the Sorcerer and chaos lord wouldn’t have been able to charge the bloat drone @1:28:07 because they would have retreated out of combat with it in their movement phase. I’m going to blame that oversight on you two breaking for lunch or something during filming haha. I do like Chaos vs Chaos matches, it’s the only way to make… Read more »