Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report: Tyranids vs Blood Angels 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics November 24, 20189  48 9 Likes

Sanga descends with an all new Blood Angels list to take on Beard with a Tyranids force!

Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: http://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

Erik Ramvi
Erik Ramvi

Whats the storie behind Sanger`s nick name?

Andrew Elliott
Andrew Elliott

Playing catch up with the 8th Ed battle reports after finally taking out a subscription.. Wow Beard, i’d heard you were unlucky but that was something else.. Barely made a save, could hardly get a psychic power off and then a Broodlord only killing one marine in combat… Wow…

Nate Bogner
Nate Bogner
1 year ago

Chap let’s lib dread re roll hits in fight phase. I’m painting while watching the rep so im a little distracted and may have missed if Sanga used that buff. As a fellow BA player I’m always stoked to see Sanga on the channel.

Dean Brereton
Dean Brereton
1 year ago

Nice to see the Blood Angels win a game, great game to watch as well

Aztek
Aztek

Praise the Sanga!

Andreas Rehn
Andreas Rehn

Congratulations Sanga 😀

Danny Aland
Danny Aland
1 year ago

Beardy, beardy, beardy, it’s tough picking up a new army, but you handled them very well for a first try. Your luck was probably at an all time low… which is saying something. Keep up the good work!

Michael K. Hivemind
Michael K. Hivemind
1 year ago

Loved that Battle report! Very thematic, very exciting and a good showcase of what both armies can do, without being too cheesy.
Beard, if you love playing Tyranids like I do and like a bit more psychic power, try 6 Zoanthropes and Neurothropes. 6 of these floating brains do 3+d3 smite damage on 24″ and the Neurothrope allows them to re-roll 1’s and can heal them.
And if you play that many Termagants try a Tervigon for re-rolling 1’s in shooting and re-spawning dead Termagants.

Logan Towers
Logan Towers
1 year ago

Fun batrep to watch, was glad to see some more Tyranid content and ecstatic to hear Beard is going to play a few games in a row with them. Not so worried about the rules mistakes, they happen and it’s tricky to remember everything on a new army anyways. However, I would like to see a stronger/more optimized Nid list put together in the future. I don’t feel like you guys have fielded a particular strong Nid list in any of the games since 8th dropped. Some of this is to do with lack of models I think (need more… Read more »

Sanguine
Sanguine
1 year ago

Sanga – Well done. As a fellow son of Sanguinius, I have watched every iteration of your army and enjoyed the improvements. You get better with every game.

Also, a well deserved win! Hopefully the first of many. For the Emperor and Sanguinius! Death! Death!

Scott Andrews
Scott Andrews
1 year ago

Great game! I was glad it was so close. I love watching you three in a batrep so that made my night! For future games Leviathan’s 6+ FNP is only active if the unit is within 6” of synapse. A fair number of saves were made outside of that bubble. It’s real tough to keep track of because FNP is 6”, Synapse is 12” normally but 18” on Hive Tyrants, and Instinctive is based off the non-synapse unit and has to be within 24” of a synapse unit. Lots of different range bands you have to track. It can be… Read more »

Matt Wallis
Matt Wallis
1 year ago

Great batrep! Always happy to see the Tyranids.

Hive Tyrants have an 18″ synapse – so those gants would not be running towards the end of the game.

Benjamin Schneider
Benjamin Schneider
1 year ago

I think Beard made a huge mistake. He should have employed the Tyranid strategem that allows a unit to shoot twice. He should have used it every turn.

Charles Quintanilla
Charles Quintanilla
1 year ago

This is my favorite game I’ve seen Sanger in. Although there were some mistakes pointed out about positioning and minor targeting stuff there were no glaring mistakes that I noticed.

Beard I enjoyed your rendition of biobeard. I think you did great for the first time with Nids and hope you use them more in the future.

Bone I always love when you’re there even if you’re not playing.

Sam
Sam
1 year ago

Getting instinctive behaviour and synaptic imperative wrong actually balanced out. But these rules things are a price i’m willing to pay for the variety of armies and the amount of content you provide. Amazing work. Keep it up.

El Escapo
El Escapo
1 year ago

Good game, lots of cool moments. There were a number of rules mistakes, but that’s expected when one of the players is new to an army. @Sanga, some advice from a fellow Blood Angel who fights mainly against Tyranids: there’s a bit of optimization you could have done on that critical turn 2 when the big melee started. The Death Company fired their bolters at the nearby genestealers that they were planning on charging, when their charge was all but guaranteed and they were almost sure to obliterate them in combat. Instead, they should have shot at the second ‘stealer… Read more »

Rokok
Rokok
1 year ago

Love watching you guys. Spider = Brains of TT, but Bone = Heart of TT, Beard = Muscle (hard working), Sanga = the fun dangly bits, and I really can’t come up with anything for Chef…

However (and it’s controversial) at 1:45 you say the Death Company can’t attack the Termagaunts because they didn’t declare a charge. Though the statement is factually correct, it does not apply in this case as the Death Company ‘Piled In’ rather than charging, therefore they could have attacked the Termagaunts (it’s very interesting!).

Magnus
Magnus
1 year ago

Was some rules errors here and there, but all in all a great game.
Happy to see the Sanga getting a victory, and I think his current build looks very good!

Andy
Andy
1 year ago

Great battle but you got the rules for instinctive behaviour wrong. The minus one to hit only counts if its not the nearest unit.. ? Great fun though!

ThePsychopath
ThePsychopath
1 year ago

Haven’t watched this yet, but going to dig in now! Just in case you hadn’t seen, heard from Vigilus that the GK are getting a massive point reduction, perhaps the support we’ve all been waiting for? Looking forward to seeing Chapter Approved!

Azn Assassin
Azn Assassin
1 year ago

Lemartes would have had 9 attacks total when he Sanger used Red Rampage. Lemates has 5 base, +1 from the charge since he’s death company which brings him up to 6 attacks, then +3 from red rampage which will put him at 9 attacks total.

John Barber
John Barber
1 year ago

So Lemartes would have been giving re-rolls to hit for the Libby Dreadnought etc at around the 1hour mark Sanga, that’s because he’s a Chaplain (and likely to the Death Company too). I figure you forgot because you’re probably a little rusty 🙂

EDIT: Nope, Lemartes doesn’t do that, Sanga was right and I was wrong.

Nice to see that both the BA and Sanga are back though, as Beard remarked I love your painting.

Thomas Monti
Thomas Monti

You rule Sanga! Get dem Buuugggggsss! (Love you too Beard. Bone is alright 😉

Chief Dreaming Owl
Chief Dreaming Owl
1 year ago

Excellent!!! I love how emotional you all are, gentlemen!!!!

Sebly
Sebly
1 year ago

I was just wondering…is there anything we could do to get ‘Beard’ to shave it all off? :O

As another beard wielder I know how devastating it could be but I can’t help but wonder what he looks like under that glorious mane.

Danny Aland
Danny Aland
1 year ago

Good to see Sanga back, armies looking good bro. I’ll watch the whole game tonight when kids are in bed. Looking forward to this.