*NEW Chapter Approved” Warhammer 40k Battle Report: Adepta Sororitas vs Death Guard 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics December 8, 20184  38 4 Likes

And it’s here courtesy of Games Workshop, we field the all new Adepta Sororitas Beta Codex out of Chapter Approved against a reduced point Death Guard army!

Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: http://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

Jens Svensson
Jens Svensson
1 year ago

Oh dear? More like Oh Beard……..

Liam Miskelly
Liam Miskelly
1 year ago

@@benjaminbonar:disqus Really entertaining game! Please remember pestilential fallout on the malignant plaguecaster next time 🙂 Also in Beards third turn you could have heroically intervened with the daemon prince into Martinus

slag
slag
1 year ago

B-Bone’s nurgle laughter brings me joy, you’d almost say it’s infectious.
It be interesting to see some renegade knights thrown in there in a future death guard bat rep. I’m currently in the process of attempting a death guard knight conversion.

Bulwyf
Bulwyf
1 year ago

Great game! I can’t wait to get more use out of Death Guard with the point reductions. I wish GW would give Helbrutes disgustingly resilient since the Legion rules also apply to Helbrutes.

Andreas Rehn
Andreas Rehn

I wanna make a Sisters army! 😀

Micha Ben Toby
Micha Ben Toby
1 year ago

Of all the things I expected from the beta dex a nerf was not one of them.
We get less faith points as well as less reliable and less powerful abilities. I hope there’s some massive buffs in other places to make up for it but it’s not sounding like it. :'(

Steven Knopf
Steven Knopf
1 year ago

I can’t help but picture Celestine’s toilet pap…err…purity seals getting snagged in the FBD’s fleshmower like a necktie in a paper shredder. As she’s mulched, the last thing you’d see is a little “poof!” of white feathers.

Pure cinematic gold!

Jay Eggett
Jay Eggett
1 year ago

Oh Beard, there were some very Beardish rolls in there but at least it was CLOSER to average. heh. I gotta ask though, why do you always rush your sisters into battle?? They’re S3 T3 without close combat weapons (most of em) and they have flamers and such. Just overwatch them! I really don’t think you should be rushing into combat as much as you seem to do with the sisters.. just my opinion. The benefit of attacking first by charging doesn’t do much for ya when you can’t hurt anything in combat anyway. You’re still a total boss and… Read more »

BobbyG
BobbyG
1 year ago

Very exciting times with Chapter Approved ! Beard -> You need to get your hands on some penitence machines or whatever they are called :). Very solid shooting in Turn 1 by the way (haven’t finished watching the game)
Edit : Why did you leave that imolator explode in Turn 2 ?? Already used command point ?

David
David
1 year ago

I wish normal marines were as good as DG.

Sisters look fun! Great game.

Erik Tasker
Erik Tasker
1 year ago

*picturing the purity seals on Saint Celestine getting caught in the flesh mower’s blades and her getting sucked in and mulched* “nice* *cries*

Seán Kenny
Seán Kenny
1 year ago

Correct me if I’m wrong, (and as it turns out, it didn’t matter because a 12 was rolled), but when the demon prince charged the immolator in Turn 2, he’d have to charge around the PBC, under the new FAQ rules on FLY etc.

Great bat rep! Can’t wait to try the new missions out.

Roald Renner Carstens Hansen
Roald Renner Carstens Hansen
1 year ago

As a fellow excited Sisters player, I’d like to thank Beard for a being an island of giddiness in the sea of disappointment that is the sister community sites.

Klas Swanljung
Klas Swanljung
1 year ago

That power cut is Dangerously close to a nazi salute there, bone 😛

Seán Kenny
Seán Kenny
1 year ago

St. Martinus is my spirit animal.

Merlin
Merlin
1 year ago

While DG are a horrendous match up for sisters in my experience this really does not bode well for us. The changed Act of Faiths feel just bad. The change from being able to guarantee at least one or do more than one of them in a turn enabled a lot of “In your face” rush tactics. It enabled us to take care of big characters with seraphim thanks to the double move. Tanks will be now an absolute nightmare to deal with if we cant get close with our dominion squads. We will have a lot of problems with… Read more »

Ben
Ben
1 year ago

Did you get the warlord edition with the cards? What are they like if so?

Martin
Martin

YEEEESSSSS!!!
Have been refreshing for hours, hoping for this!! Gonna find the milk and cookies – TTT time!!!