Ultramarines vs Death Guard 2000pts | Warhammer 40,000 8th Ed Battle Report

Avatar Tabletop Tactics January 29, 20199  86 9 Likes

Bone returns from holiday and brings Mortarion with him as he takes on the Spider’s Ultramarines!

Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: https://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

Michael Hansen
Michael Hansen
1 year ago

This might be a question of accent, so I am sorry if this is the case. But isn’t the gun on the Plagueburst Crawler called a rot-hail gun. Like rotten hails. Because it sounds like you call it a roth-ail gun. I know, this is a minor thing, but I am a bit unsure myself what it is actually called.

Kristian
Kristian
2 years ago

I’ve seen you guys do this many times now, and I think you’re doing it wrong: 2:17:30: Lawrence says, the characters can’t be targeted because the tactical marines are closest, though they are not visible. The rules for choosing characters are (BRB: p179) they can only be chosen “… if they are the closest VISIBLE enemy unit …”. As the tactical marines are not visible they are not eligible targets. This is further supported, that a unit can only be a target if is “… visible to the shooting model.” So for the purpose of choosing a target, the tactical… Read more »

Samuel Aster
Samuel Aster
2 years ago

around 52:30 Lawrence is wrong i think. Technically you get the cover even from the same weapon you can get it while removing the models first, that arent in cover. I am pretty sure thats how it works and thats how GW mentioned it in a FaQ.

Andreas Rehn
Andreas Rehn
2 years ago

Awesome game! So rare to see a game like this and when you do, it’s all the sweeter ^_^

George Fava
George Fava
2 years ago

awesome battle report guys!! that epic showdown with guilliman and morty was well…EPIC!! So happy to see bone rolling particularly well and so close even til the very end. Good luck at the LVO!

Andreas Rehn
Andreas Rehn

2h 21m, shouldn’t the Cherub be the one carrying all the stuff? 😛

easywayout
easywayout
2 years ago

This question is for the Spider. I know I’m a bit late on this comment but haven’t seen anyone else bring up the topic. Have you thought about replacing the razorbacks in this list with relic or mortis contemptors with twin heavy bolters? You can’t hide troops in them but if you’re switching to intercessors anyway that’s not an issue. You wouldn’t be wounding GEQ on 2s but with full rerolls that’s the only downside of going from s6 to s5. A mortis gains 12″ range, +1 bs, a 5++, isn’t totally useless in combat, and gets chapter tactics. All… Read more »

easywayout
easywayout

DLO
DLO
2 years ago

“Here comes the wooping!” Hahahahaha, great show!

Icarus
Icarus
2 years ago

I wonder how Custodes jetbikes are doing after the Beta Bolter Drill and they are an army we haven’t seen on the channel for quite a while.
Is this a hint? Maybe…

Khyz0r
Khyz0r
2 years ago

At 52:00 are you sure Lawrence is correct regarding Mr Bone using cover saves? I thought technically you are allowed to slow roll your saves and remove models slain outside of cover, and then when the unit is classified as in cover you can make saves with cover bonus. Same principal as a Tau unit firing markerlights one at a time to get the first marker and then reroll 1’s thereafter.

Icarus
Icarus
2 years ago

3 Centurions (210 pts): 18 shots at 36″ S5 -1 + 36 shots at 24″ S4 (ignoring cover and firing on the move); 9 wounds T5 2+
6 Aggressors (222 pts): 36+6D6 shots at 18″ S4 (doubled if they don’t move); 12 wounds T5 3+

Controversial! Very controversial!

Icarus
Icarus
2 years ago

Oh man, the cinematics in this game… and the “narrative”…
So good!

Bloodpup33
Bloodpup33
2 years ago

Gday B Bone this means that when you win the LVO all the guys at the studio will all have to wear togas on battle reports until the next LVO lol…..

Alec Glass
Alec Glass
2 years ago

@ 1:28:15, that good dice roll is 100% bc of B-Bone’s tactful catch of the dropped die. The dice gods reward reflexes!!

Daniel Haack
Daniel Haack
2 years ago

Rules question. When Artemis and the PBC are on the center objective in Bones turn 4 I think, could Artemis have heroically intervened even though he was not charged? It appeared in the video that the PBC was within 3 inches of Artemis. If Artemis heroically intervened he would have gotten a free round of combat against the PBC. I’m always confused about how heroic interventions work.

latro990
latro990
2 years ago

You both didnt take morale tests all game 😀

Subutai
Subutai
2 years ago

Join us Bone! Join us in the Deathguard – Father Nurgle has much love to share with you!!!

Jonathan Philo
Jonathan Philo
2 years ago

B bone. Should have stayed in combat last round. If laurance would have killed your tank which explodes on 4+ killing everything around him .

Erik Tasker
Erik Tasker
2 years ago

it’s funny I was just discussing the heavy bolter/hurricane bolter centurion combo with the bolter drill rule and storm of fire, I think that could be VERY interesting!!!

toby owen
toby owen
2 years ago

Epicccccc battle guys…….loving it.

I have to say I’ve been mulling the HB centurions over for a while now. I think there is a nice combo out there for a unit of them backed up by Agressors, A couple of redemptors and Calgar…..or a chapter master with storm of fire…….mmmmmmtasty.

Trev
Trev
2 years ago

Welcome back, Bone! Hope you had a lovely holiday!
Best Battle Rep ever! This was so tense! Right up to the wire! Well played, sirs. Nice to see the new Bolter discipline have such a great effect, especially when combined with Guilleman. Fantastic stuff! 🙂

Benjamin Schneider
Benjamin Schneider
2 years ago

Hey all, I just wrote an analysis of centurion devestators and posted it to the forums. I seriously suggest that everyone take a look if they’d like to run centurion devestators, because Guilliman is not the most efficient way to run them https://www.tabletoptactics.tv/forums/topic/the-raw-might-of-imperial-fist-centurions-post-beta-bolter-drill/

Brogre
Brogre
2 years ago

I have to say that I am not a fan of the bolter drill beta. Even without the G-man your standard marines are putting out twice the firepower and primaris, are in my mind, are better than a heavy bolter cost wise. correct me if I’m wrong but a marine with a heavy bolter is 23 pts while an intercessor is 17 pts. Its not all bad though as I think that vehicles should have this rule. Maybe its just the Tyranid in me but damn that was a lot of shots. Recently subscribed love the channel and reports.

George
George
2 years ago

Awesome job once again. One of my favourite batreps in a while. What’s your opinion of beta bolter drill. I think it can’t be made an official quick enough. Doesn’t solve marines survivability but a much needed help. Only thing I can see is it makes stalker bolt rifles/stalker pattern bolters totally redundant now but…. meh.

Russell Alderton
Russell Alderton

chapter approved II, Lawrence gets a -1 on hit, wound & charge rolls

Toby Magill
Toby Magill
2 years ago

Bone – you’ll always be a world champion to me! Awesome battle report as always.

BobbyG
BobbyG
2 years ago

Absolutely Epic Battle ! So many turns of events – ARTEMIS.

Caliban Cadet
Caliban Cadet
2 years ago

What a game! One of the best I’ve seen. Artemis is a BEAST!

Andrew Davis
Andrew Davis
2 years ago

Epic game, the centurions were a lot better than i expected, the new beta rule really helped them especially with Guilliman nearby.
Hope you guys try some other army comps testing out the beta rules ?

Stuart Manks
Stuart Manks
2 years ago

1:23:11 the storm raven cant target the daemon prince because of Mortarion being closer, we had to double check this in a game but in the new CA characters over 10 wounds can screen characters under 10

Adam Davies
Adam Davies
2 years ago

I so badly wish there was a non-ultramarines guilliman (reroll all hits, reroll all wounds). It’s just re-fricken-diculous.

Vulkan Lives!

mpopa
mpopa
2 years ago

aggressors vs centurions : i would still go 6x aggressors (222 pts), they move 5″ and can advance without penalty. Also its 6 models vs 3, meaning each model lose hurts more for centurions.

Cgates642
Cgates642
2 years ago

Love to see the Marines on the table but I think the guard or Harlequins list from the other week would have destroyed it. I want Marines to be good. I just don’t think they have it this edition. I may finally have to pick up another army. That said. I love that they won even if it was a near thing. I think the only mistake was the shots at the demon prince. But I think if he would have shot at Mortarian, Morty would have easily been handled by Bobby and we wouldn’t have gotten that epic last… Read more »

mpopa
mpopa
2 years ago

Where you get the red dice (the non ttt dice).

Kieran Barnes
Kieran Barnes
2 years ago

Would it not be pronounced rot-hail?

Aaron Kinley
Aaron Kinley
2 years ago

Not sure if its picked up on after turn 1 yet. You both remembered the 18 inch rapid fire part of inexorable advance but completely forgot that the plague burst crawlers can still fire at bs4+ after moving and firing with heavy weapons.

nab
nab
2 years ago

I haven’t really looked at Guillimans rules, but does the sword wound automatically, or why wont lawrence roll wound rolls for it?

nab
nab
2 years ago

I dont know much about Guilliman, but does the sword automatically wound? Lawrence didn’t do a wound roll vs mortarion?

Byron Livingstone
Byron Livingstone
2 years ago

Lawrence, if you don’t want to null zone so you can be a boss and kill Mortarion without it you should. I love the boss moments haha.

Mikhail Davis
Mikhail Davis
2 years ago

Now I don’t know if Mortarion was closer than the Daemon Prince, but if I remember right, Characters with 10 or more wounds block other characters from getting shot at.

David Easton
David Easton
2 years ago

Was I the only one praying for the PBC to have died on turn 5 exploded and killed every unit in the middle of the board for the win? Would have been epic! Pretty sure was nothing on more than 3 wounds anyway.

Kev Bates
Kev Bates
2 years ago

That was an epic battle! I do feel this mission showed the issue with taking over elite armies though. Having an expensive unit sat at the back objective humping while your opponent is able to bring his full weight to bear on you is very tough – your effectively at a deficit for most of the game and we saw how quickly them blight launchers can do work once they actually fire.

felix crab
felix crab
2 years ago

Death guard should really be able to have the new rapid fire and be able to move

Pete Croft
Pete Croft
2 years ago

That explosion was great! Was at a local event last weekend and my Knight exploded on Turn 1, double 6’d the explosion radius. Caught every model in both armies except for a few hiding characters. Scored 7 kill points (Drone units were close enough), killed Shadowsun, half killed 3 Ghostkeels. Was amazing!

UnLachy
UnLachy
2 years ago

I’d starting leaving the plague surgeon at home, he only increases your Disgustingly Resiliant chance from a 33.3% chance to a 38% chance. Just not enough to justify his place in the army in my opinion.
As a replacement, consider the Foul Blightspawn; his absolute beast of a weapon and his special rule that removes the priority of charges make him a great little unit. One of my personal favourites!

Nick Armstrong
Nick Armstrong
2 years ago

Around 1hr 25 you couldn’t have targeted the Daemon Prince. This rule gets played wrong quite a bit (generally… Not specific to the channel). The rule States: ignore other enemy CHARACTERS with a wounds characteristic of less then 10. Knowledge is power. *Clenchesfist*✊

MaxPower
MaxPower
2 years ago

Great report, guys. So glad I subscribed.

Bone – do you feel the PBCs carry their weight? I’ve found that my fire support needs get filled with renegade armigers or something like the Sicaran. I’ve favored the bloat drones for my flamer obsession as well.

Byron Livingstone
Byron Livingstone
2 years ago

Would love to see bolter drill on Beard’s deathwatch

Nick Armstrong
Nick Armstrong
2 years ago

Compare the points of the storm raven to the Xiphon interceptor! Those things are still BRUTAL! Never leave home without Bobby G.