Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report: T’au vs Ultramarines 1750pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics April 5, 201910  70 10 Likes

Calgar heads up a Primaris force of Ultramarines against a Sa’Cea Sept T’au army!

Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: http://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

Jack
Jack
1 year ago

Lawrence just to mention you kept forgot the Sa’cea Sept re-rolls a lot of the time. For example in turn 1 when you were shooting with the devilfishes you re-rolled the ones for the markerlights but could have re-rolled one other failed hit per devilfish.

Samuel Aster
Samuel Aster
1 year ago

Actually the Ancient only gives this special rule to models in 6″ not units in 6″ or am i wrong here? Well maybe the hellblasters were in 6″ and it just doesnt look like it on screen^^ but as alway great batrep and looking forward to see Lawrence maybe playing a tactica with Tau.

Joel Rutter
Joel Rutter
1 year ago

Just wanted to say, my favourite thing is watching armies that are fun with under used units, but then playing them in really strong and inventive ways once they were on the table.
And you guys did that really well this time, such a great game!

Jeremie A.

Hello ! Nice battle report ! Beautiful army and player 😉

I think Intercessor with viligus stratagem have 3 attack base. To use “Rapid Fire” stratagem, they need to be “Veteran Intercessors”.

Vincent Goede
1 year ago

hahaha, nice batrep, but so many Sa’cea re-rolls missed! Even after you mention it on a unit then forgetting the next in line hahaha and then using it to do a melee attack with the ethereal while the re-roll is only on shooting (phase, so also not on overwatch), But as a Sa’cea player it took me a while to get to the point to not forget anymore. keep up practicing!

David Alastair Hayden

I say park the Devilfish on the objectives and make those lightly armed Primaris shift them. Keep the fire warriors inside and give up on scoring for a turn while you thin the enemy with the broadsides.

Optimisticpaint
Optimisticpaint

Would love to see The 8!
T’au question: if a Riptide overcharges and gets mortal wounds on a 1 to hit… is that a natural one, or adjusted by, say a -1 to hit on a flyer? (So a 2 could trigger a wound)

Spencer James
Spencer James
1 year ago

I’d love to see some Crimson Fists. Please make sure you use the White Dwarf rules and the Vigilus Detachment please!

Danny Aland
Danny Aland
1 year ago

So, just for your reference, it was 3rd edition when the fish of fury dropped into our lives.

Tazacks
Tazacks
1 year ago

I’m pretty certain Heracles and Hercules are pretty much interchangeable, as they’re essentially the same demi-god in greco-roman mythology (ie. Mars vs Ares, Zeus vs Jupiter, Aphrodite vs Venus etc….). can’t wait to watch this bat-rep boys.

BobbyG
BobbyG
1 year ago

Good rolling there Bone! Great Bat rep, funny to see Lawrence celebrating greater goodness

Jamie
Jamie
1 year ago

Spider you forgot to sense of stone your broadside when it took the smite… although if it had survived calgar would have made the charge so maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

Jamie
Jamie
1 year ago

Let’s see a tau civil war! Bone v studio tau. Toga versus hover disk! To decide the greatest good, the TOPTAU. There can be only one.

Jamie
Jamie
1 year ago

Lawrence if you are determined to keep the devilfish how about a tau fish with a pathfinder squad inside running three rail rifles
or ion rifles andd darkstrider for the +1 to wound. Could be a lot of fun.

janek zemke
janek zemke
1 year ago

really nice tau army and overall battlerep.
please show me a strong farsight list in the near future, i know its inpossible for a tactica but if you play the cool tau in a normal battelrep please give them some punsh.

Andreas Rehn
Andreas Rehn
1 year ago

Really fun to watch these even games where you use some of the units that aren’t fielded as often ^_^

Jonathan Philo
Jonathan Philo
1 year ago

Would Kroot be that one army too far?

Mike Cooper
Mike Cooper
1 year ago

Loved the battle report, need to add some Centurion to my Ultramarines

John Barber
John Barber
1 year ago

I guess you really do need a Toga to do get the result you need hey?

Simon
Simon
1 year ago

If i start a crowd funding campaign to get Lawrence a dice tray to roll on… Will he use it?

William Funke
William Funke
1 year ago

Sweet battle report! I love tau, and fighting the ultramarines is always fun. I did want to point out though that Marker Drones get to ignore the penalty for moving and firing heavy weapons, which includes the markerlight. so those hits wouldve been hits! Just from where i’m watching, you havent caught it, so feel free to ignore me if you did!

Stefan Nilsson
Stefan Nilsson
1 year ago

Wow! Super fun batrep as always! And instructive for a new player like me 🙂 Thank you for this one and keep up the good work!

Laurence Senter
Laurence Senter
1 year ago

Will the new studio have a laser display board to keep track of the score? or failing that… a tabletop tactics branded abacus!

Yann Head
Yann Head
1 year ago

anouther great game, good to see someone else using Tau gives anouther vision of of how to play them….

Aaron Wilson
Aaron Wilson
1 year ago

I really loved the game guys, you two together always make me laugh! One quick thing – on Lawrence turn one you split the HYMP / SMS in half, like 12/12. I don’t think you can split a weapon shots in half into two different targets. I think it would of have to of been a 16/8 split.

UnLachy
UnLachy
1 year ago

Honestly it is so great to watch 2 friends playing fun lists in a friendly game. I like to be competitive too, but this is what warhammer will always be for me.

Mike Rainbow
Mike Rainbow
1 year ago

Just a thought here guys but I think there was a mistake firing the Centurions on B-Bone turn 2, I think he shot 24 times right? But shouldn’t it have been 36? As each one has a hurricane bolter at Rapid fire 6 firing twice…???

Sebly
Sebly
1 year ago

I was just wondering, are you guys putting any plans in place for when this new Apocalypse set drops? You guys could have some epic battles with all the armies you have.

Ivan
Ivan
1 year ago

I love your work guys! There is no equal..BBone facing Tau is amazingly good.

Greg Dorly
Greg Dorly
1 year ago

Lets face it – Calgar would of run away at 2 wounds to command the bigger battle anyway….. Either that or he saw Abbadon and soiled his new armour after their last encounter….

Simply put – I don’t believe it!!!

Marvinmega
Marvinmega
1 year ago

Cool to see primaris getting on the table, I have run them since they was released and there are some minor things that was missed: All of them has bolt pistols so shooting in melee is a big thing, also the Indomitus crusaders veterans gets one extra attack so they come at a whopping 3A each! Also grab a chainsword on the sergeant as it’s free (or even better a Power fist). It wouldn’t had made any differences but when playing marines every little thing helps. I also have had a lot of success with Inceptors, a squad of 5… Read more »

Alex Volkov
Alex Volkov
1 year ago

“Sucks that Tabletop Tactics aren’t uploading a Batrep today, I’d really like to- ”
“HOLY COW ITS HERE”

Arthur Gibbs
Arthur Gibbs
1 year ago

It sounds like we need some fish on fish action to settle this toga issue!

Augusto Fioretti
Augusto Fioretti
1 year ago

I haven’t even arrived to the army presentations and I love the chemistry between you two. Allow me to grab a beer to go for the proper battle report. Pause!!

Michael Hansen
Michael Hansen
1 year ago

Are you going to do some more Admech? Or is that Stigs domain entirely now? Would love to see some tactica stuff with the now greatly reduced kataphron costs and servitor detachment, and Stig don’t use them. 🙂

Jared Egeler
Jared Egeler
1 year ago

For the Enclave! I would be overjoyed to see some Farsight Enclave stuff! They are the only truly good faction in the Galaxy!

Akrabra (John Ivar)
Akrabra (John Ivar)
1 year ago

I would love to see the studio Ad Mech back and helmed by Lawrence. I am starting an Ad Mech project myself and would like to see what his take is on them now in the current meta.

Dusty
1 year ago

When Spider said, “Beep-beep-bop, and you’ve done nothing,” I nearly died as badly as that shield drone!

Richard
Richard
1 year ago

I use to hate those fish men known as T”au, but now due to the infectcious enthusiasm from the B-Bone I hope to make my own Farsight led T’au 🙂 .
I don’t eat sushi now because I love them so much!