Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report: Orks vs Crimson Fists 1750pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics April 15, 201913  86 13 Likes

Iain from White Shark Gaming Studios joins us in a farewell report to his Ork army, as we finally secure 12500pts of Orks for the Studio! But will Iain be able to send his army off with pride against Chef and the Obsidian Dragons?!

Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: http://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

R4zl
R4zl
1 year ago

Note: As you declare your targets before shooting you can’t afterwards choose not to fire a weapon, so a good thing he did. 🙂

If chef hadn’t piled in towards the chinook with the intercessors and remained barely within 1″ the burns inside would have died… why plan for that and then pile in chef? 🤣

The gets hot on the morkanaut would have cost him 6 wounds (2 turn one and 4 turn two) meaning he would have been dead turn 4. Which chef did anyways with a cp and the captain. 🙂

Imperial Grunt
Imperial Grunt
1 year ago

Really loved this battle report! Beautiful Ork army too boot. I got really worried thar the Obsidian Dragons would be doomed to do a Crimson Fist style last stand but Chef pulled off a strong victory! I like to think that as the remnants of the Dragons was pulling back, a pair of Vultures from the Endonian Genom rolled in hot to blast the Orks with Punisher cannon fire!

Looking forward to more Orks and especially the Obsidian Dragons for sure.

Erik Tasker
Erik Tasker
1 year ago

also I am using the contents of the Shadowspear box as a vanguard Grey Shield kill team assigned straight to the Deathwatch – also running them as Crimson Fists because I think that rule does a good job of showing a squad of elite specialists dealing with numerically superior threats!comment image

Erik Tasker
Erik Tasker
1 year ago

every time I hear this intro song it brings me right back to the Gaius War… SOOOO EPIC!!!!

GemiNaga
GemiNaga
1 year ago

Someone PLEASE photoshop Lawrence’s face on Jabba the Hutt, stroking the belly of the little creature with Bone’s face on it

Aaron Wilson
Aaron Wilson
1 year ago

Really enjoyed the battle report, it was heaps of fun! I’m fairly sure if Ian didnt’ mob up there was a oppurtinity to charge one of the characters in the first turn and wrap and trap another. Anywhow, who cares as I loved the energy / enthusiasm of Ian and using his last CP to try and blow up his chinork was legendary. Awesome game!

DMvdH
DMvdH
1 year ago

To be fair at tournament I dont think anyone would object to using chapter tactics etc for successors. I’ve asked TO’s around here and they say as long as you’re consistent in the color scheme and WYSIWYG your Ultramarines can be literally anything, up to Deathwatch even! I think it’s just WHW which insists on using the ‘right’ Chapters Tactics.

EDIT thanks for the army Iian!

Cassandra Cooke
Cassandra Cooke
1 year ago

We demand chef in a metal bikini when the plastic sisters get released!

Nick Lucas
Nick Lucas
1 year ago

Iain you seem like quite the gentlemen, I loved watching your excitement it was massively entertaining.

CHEF YOU’RE THE BOMB DOT COM. But for real welcome back, another fantastic full time addition to the crew!

BigGrim
BigGrim
1 year ago

Entertaining stuff as usual fellas!

Samuel Aster
Samuel Aster
1 year ago

Just an advice for the next time playing an Ancient, if one model dies you can only shoot ONE weapon fromt it, not all. Thats just what i noticed in the first turn for now but wow that was just an awesome and funny batrep^^

Harry
Harry
1 year ago

Awesome to see Orks on the channel again, and great to see Iain’s army!! Really chuffed for the channel that he’s agreed to sell them to you.

Can we see Lawrence take the Orks for a spin, maybe in a Tactica game? Orks have a long history on the channel of being duffed up, would be nice to see them flex their muscles a bit.

Aldo Zetterman
Aldo Zetterman
1 year ago

The more I’ve thought about I just think that to allow Adeptus Astartes with a save of 3+ or better base re-roll all failed armour saves would solve some of the issues for space marines (and equivalent), especially for terminator armour. Maybe a bit too OP for current points but that could always be remedied. Now, looking forward to some BR.

Luke T Sanders
Luke T Sanders
1 year ago

Haven’t seen anyone else point this out. You’re cheating big time with the Aggressors and the Ancient.
Re-read the ancient’s effect. You can fire ONE ranged weapon or you can make a SINGLE melee attack.

You fired the grenade launchers and boltstorm gauntlets when that first aggressor died. Those are two different weapons. That is not legal. You also made two attacks with the intercessors in melee. Again, not legal.

Reuben Cronjé
Reuben Cronjé
1 year ago

Guys, the Obsidian Dragons look wonderful on the table, but your unit selections have been so hilariously badly matched to your chapter tactics it almost seems deliberate. Like for a start… WHY WHY WHY are you taking max sized units with Crimson Fists? Are you trying not to trigger their chapter tactic? Then, for every batrep so far you have literally taken the opposite Redemptor for the one that suits the chapter tactic/stratagems. So for imperial fists batrep, using the Siegebreaker cohort with seismic devastation, its really obvious that you want to maximise the shot volume, yet you took the… Read more »

FrankyMcShanky .
FrankyMcShanky .

Chef is the best.

Ian Tomlinson
Ian Tomlinson
1 year ago

What a game! I’ve been watching the game on YouTube whilst travelling.. anyway that’s not important.
Iain’s/the studios orks were awesome! The Dragons were amazing! Loved every minute of the match! As always TTT provides the good times!

Bulwyf
Bulwyf
1 year ago

Happy to see Chef back at the table. A little table side service from Chef is always appreciated. Classic matchup and it was a well fought game. I am glad to see the studio army adding so many Greenskins for future games. Orks are such a classic baddie for every army to bash their heads against.

D.J Kiepura
D.J Kiepura
1 year ago

Great battle! Nice to see the spider back and the chef!
Digging the new intro audio. I feel the production value has been going up. Think someone has been putting in the effort behind the scenes which is the hard part.

Laurence Senter
Laurence Senter
1 year ago

Could you post the full 12500 points somewhere? would love to see the whole army!

Chris Brothwood
Chris Brothwood
1 year ago

was it that long ago? my god time is flying. great battle report, always love seeing Orks on the channel

Jonathan Philo
Jonathan Philo
1 year ago

Need a Armageddon size game with orks Vs Imperium. Also master blaster/ biggles Vs new orks who’s the better ork

Jonathan Philo
Jonathan Philo
1 year ago

With 12500 PTS. Will that be a chance for Armageddon size battle against imperium. Or a large campaign building up to mass battle. Bring back the colonel with has astra millitarium 3 on 3 battle

Icarus
Icarus
1 year ago

Ugh, Orks and Imperial Fists. The Xeno race and the Space Marine Chapter I hate the most… Don’t know if I really want to… Wait, is that the Pastry Chef?! Cancel my appointments!

Joel Rutter
Joel Rutter
1 year ago

So my mate and I with his Crimson Fists have been looking at the phobos WL trait of add 1 to hit. It would allow bolter drill to work on a 4+ against any larger unit which makes Aggressors and Intercessors absolutely filthy. Just a thought to improve the damage output.

Such a good batrep though! You guys really do the best there is!

Craig Harvey
Craig Harvey
1 year ago

Could someone explain the rulings of the debate of Running Obsidian Dragons as Crimson Fists, and the relics and such? I didn’t know that was a thing

Joel Rutter
Joel Rutter
1 year ago

Is chef called chef because he’s cooking these rolls??

Extremely excited to have chef back more frequently though! The whole TT crew are such a blast to watch

easywayout
easywayout
1 year ago

Minor rules point: @ 1:53 and a bit where you don’t roll for the banner ability on two intercessors outside an inch, you can still activate it. Intercessors have bolt pistols, and although the unit is within an inch you don’t have to use melee attacks just because you died in the fight phase. So you could have shot their bolt pistols and tried to plink a wound off. Not much use here, but worth mentioning I think. For example if the unit had models closer to the single infantry model but not within melee range, you could easily have… Read more »

Scott Wallentine
Scott Wallentine
1 year ago

Thank you for playing Crimson Fists!! I will be painting mine up this summer after I go to siege studios painting course, and my fiance plays orks so this was amazing!!

Allen Beck
Allen Beck
1 year ago

Did Beard touch those dice?

Magnus
Magnus
1 year ago

Great to see Chef back on the channel. As well as Iain and his awesome orks!

Nem
Nem
1 year ago

Sorry if this has already been covered but you can use the Bolter Drill stratagem with Crimson Fists as well per White Dwarf January 2019 pg. 111, great batrep as usual.

Justin Abramowicz
Justin Abramowicz
1 year ago

Super fun report. So happy to see Orks and hope to see them regularly. I was still screaming to reroll 1s the entire time though cause that Dread Waagh Detachment 100% should have been Bad Moonz haha any chance of some Ork Tactica in the future?

Laurens vG
Laurens vG
1 year ago

Great to (finally) see Orks again on the channel, I really love the flavor of the army and think GW did a great job in making a fun and quite strong codex! I’m so tempted to start an army myself, but there’s just too much other things I need to work on first haha. Do you guys have the new Ork models (in particular the trike) as well in the army? I’d really like to see the Warboss on wartrike, possibly my favorite model ever :D. One note on the game. With the Primaris attacking the chopper, they could be… Read more »

Dean Brereton
Dean Brereton

And Chef is back! ??

Dean Brereton
Dean Brereton

Iain is boss ??

Hrimfar
Hrimfar
1 year ago

Can you fire out of a vehicle that advanced? Doesn’t the same rules apply as when you fall back from combat with a vehicle with fly?

Phil Stein
Phil Stein
1 year ago

Great batrep, fellas. 12500 points of Orks, on top of what already exists within the studio Ork army… but it needed to be 12500 points to take down CAPTAIN MIKAEL ANCALAGON, WHICH I THINK YOU THOUGHT I FORGOT ABOUT, DIDN’T YOU!?!?! NEVER FORGET, CAPTAIN/CHAPTER MASTER MIKAEL ANCALAGON FOR OBSIDIAN DRAGON NAMED WARLORD!!!

Marc Svensson
Marc Svensson
1 year ago

Regarding More Dakka, I actually think that is exactly how the game works in this case simply because the wording of the stratagem is “use this stratagem before an ork unit shoots in your shooting phase”, well they shoot after they’ve rolled up strength and amount of shots with the shokk attack gun, same for lootas. At least that is how I would interpret it, but maybe that is wrong?

Greg Dorly
Greg Dorly
1 year ago

That was an awesome game. I love classic match ups like this, pity primaris dont have much in the way of heavy guns, though i feel the vigilus primaris would of been very beneficial here.
Been literally on the edge of my chair the whole game, more like this would be brilliant, close, nail biting and very entertaining.

nab
nab
1 year ago

The moment Beard cuts down his beard, the spider sources a new bearded guy to play. I see how this work 😀

Btw, you roll for strenght BEFORE shooting the Shokk attack gun, not amount of shots. Just a heads up 😀

Fun game guys, the obsidragons are soo cool looking.

Muzzatroll
Muzzatroll
1 year ago

Just to let you guys know, Flesh Tearers using BA relics would totally be welcome at my Courage and Honour Tournaments. The rulespacks have a little section all about successor Chapters…

AquitaineUA
AquitaineUA

very cool ork army.

Greg Dorly
Greg Dorly
1 year ago

Cant go wrong with this one. Orks and crimson fists – instant bonus points!!!

Rob Butcher
Rob Butcher

AGGRESSORS

(1) ETB only come with the firestorm gauntlets – NOT the grenade launchers as well.
(2) both have upto 12 shots in normal play – so 2d6 fire = 6 boltstorm + 6 grenades

Rob Butcher
Rob Butcher
1 year ago

Great to hear you discussing matched Play AND OTHER WAYS of playing.

Nice to see reivers being used.

Sean Mayson
Sean Mayson
1 year ago

Oh Baby, my body is ready!

Bellchump
Bellchump
1 year ago

A blast from the past. Looking forward to seeing what these guys get up to. I guess someone has to fill the gap whilst the beard grows back

Martin
Martin
1 year ago

SOMEONE HEARD MY PRAYERS!!! FOR THE EMPEROR – FOR RYNN’S WORLD!