Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report: Thousand Sons vs Adepta Sororitas 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics May 10, 201963  51 63 Likes

Ahriman leads the legion of Prospero against Celestine and her Sororitas!

Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: https://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

Kristian Jensen
Kristian Jensen
1 year ago

Beard, you need to work on your target priority. That Ex Sorc. should have been blown off that objective by the Exorcists turn 5. Denial of points and his awesome psychic powers.

Andreas Rehn
Andreas Rehn
1 year ago

Great game guys although I’d just like to point out a few things. At around 1h 50m when the warlord is killed, the smite rolled was 7-2 = 5 and the deny was a 6. Not sure why you compared it to the unmodified result of a 7. Shortly after, with the next smite going it wouldn’t have been possible to cast it because she was further away than the Culexus, meaning the Culexus becomes the target which results in smite being unable to cast. As a tip for Mr Beardish, when you charged your warlord into the Exalted Sorcerer… Read more »

kyle brown
kyle brown
1 year ago

Hey guys, I have been a on demand subscriber for a good while now and I can honestly say this batrep was one of your best.
Ps talking about psykers, i play custodes and I never leave home with my sisters of silence and culexus. They have won me so many games in big tournaments

creamoftheblacklegion
creamoftheblacklegion
1 year ago

Awesome report as always folks. A little tip for dealing with a Culexus; they make the attacking unit have a BS/WS of 6+ – which means with Prescience, you’re hitting them on 5s. You can cast Prescience outside of their range (as it’s 24″ with Brotherhood of Psykers), which makes them a lot easier to deal with, (especially in melee – as your DTTFE will be triggering on 5s).

BobbyG
BobbyG
1 year ago

Great Game guys! Assassins are so good and fluffy, great units design.
Btw I don’t think Celestine gets the specific Orders tactics rights ?

Aaron Wilson
Aaron Wilson
1 year ago

Another epic battle report, another couple of hours laughing and watchign the best content around. THe culexis really was a huge thorn in the side of the thousand sons. I the eversoor might have a extra two attacks when it charges? (So 8 not 6) also, as you can pile in / consiladate circling a model Beard could of still tagged the predator by circling the exalted sorceror.

As always, was a pleasure to watch guys and thank you again for the awesome content.

Raffazza
Raffazza

I want to complain.
But can’t – loved it!
Guess I could complain about the lack of things to complain about…? [gets lost in a logic loop for a while…]

Really liked the use of Distraction Carnifexes Sisters to pin the witches in the corner, and the rest of the army selling its lives to buy enough time on the central objective.

Very cool guys!

John Barber
John Barber
1 year ago

SPOILERS FOR FIGHT: You know, I’m not sure if Daemon Princes will suddenly be a catch all situation and would drastically change the outcome of this fight even if you did have them Bone. Mainly because you were pretty well hemmed in at the start. You needed to escape out asap imo, but mainly for your characters to escape the Culexus. Benefit of hindsight and all, but I think maybe Terminators to lock down exorcists and or the sisters on their own objective? That Culexus is such bad news for 1k sons (I think they’re entirely broken at only 85… Read more »

Alec Glass
Alec Glass
1 year ago

Hey little tidbit on the FLY faq that I think you guys (along with many right now I think) may have confused a lil bit at the moment bc of its wording – its not that you can fly over any TERRAIN except for BUILDLINGS on the charge, it only says that you can fly over any MODELS except for BUILDLINGS (since some do technically count as models), and you are still forbidden from ignoring ANY terrain on the charge – that said, Ruins should still be permissible to “fly over” on the charge for any flying infantry as infantry’s… Read more »

Micha Ben Toby
Micha Ben Toby
1 year ago

Note to self: Walls of text are bad…

Matt O'Hara
Matt O'Hara
1 year ago

Great Game! Did you guys make the Terrain yourselves? it looks awesome.

Richard McCreadie
Richard McCreadie
1 year ago

As it would have made a significant difference this game, SoB Order Convictions only affect INFANTRY models, so no 6+FNP for tanks. Relatedly, Celestine also does not have a Valorous Heart, as she is a daemon princess, not a sister of battle (i.e. she does not have the ORDER keyword).

Luciano Sgarbi
1 year ago

Without being too negative, it feels like the sisters lost a lot of their spice with the beta codex. Was awesomely fluffy when Celestine returned anywhere – often landing right where her sisters needed her most!

Glad to hear they’re reworking Acts of Faith, though!

Rob Butcher
Rob Butcher
1 year ago

Great to see the SoB do so well with a Beta Codex and friends.

The Culexus did exactly what it’s supposed to do.

Bone effectively castled and didn’t try to get to the centre until turn 4. Relying on psychic won’t work, nor will Killshot on the Predators very often. A deep-striking unit would have allowed the enemy objective to be captured, then the centre objective being attacked.

Theun Vandueren
Theun Vandueren
1 year ago

Have to interrupt after watching the intro to put a like. You are funny!

Also, it seems I can like an infinite amount of times. Which I would do but it feels wrong.

Todesbrot
Todesbrot
1 year ago

Pretty sure that the Sororitas Metal Boxes don’t get an Order Conviction (6+++ in this case), since it states that only Infantry get it.

Martin
Martin
1 year ago

AWESOME report, really Gents!
I love how many corrupt sorcerers were cleansed in holy flame – SUFFER NOT THE WITCH TO LIVE! Especially the one Celestine burnt with her sword, not even giving him a glance, as she charges past him 🙂

Bone, I don’t think you got Warlord? With the minus 2 due to the assassin, Beard rolled higher to stop the power I think?

Can’t wait to see the new studio and all it brings 😀

Milan Geyer
Milan Geyer
1 year ago

Hey guys! Great report, as always. Got a small question to units with fly and charging: As far as I understood it models with fly can charge over models (but not buildings, such as fortifications that you buy), but not terrain features like the ruins, or am I confusing something?
Anyway, keep up the good work! 🙂

CloneD Anon
CloneD Anon
1 year ago

The Culexus Assassin shooting weapon Animus Speculum is actually -4 AP and not -1 like Beard said / used. Also he could have used Psyk-out Grenades for mortal wounds against Psykers instead.

Dan Pattenden
Dan Pattenden
1 year ago

Love the report. Beard even after correction you were wrong with relics. Indomitable belief is the warlord trait of +1 invun save, braiser is the deny witch and book of st Lucius is the +3″ to aura 🙂

Yann Head
Yann Head
1 year ago

nice game, what i like about watching beard and bone cam, is those dice rolls make me feel « normal » 😉 Bone I think your downfall is using Toga dice with other armies 🙂

Johann Cloarec
Johann Cloarec
1 year ago

Good Job Bone. The sons of Prospero are my favorite army! A good start for the day !!

But don’t forget killshot add 1 to your wound roll. But also 1 to your damage for every weapons !

Phil Stein
Phil Stein
1 year ago

Awesome batrep fellas, lots of fun to watch, but uh… Beard… the hell is going on here, man? Something you need to tell us? Heh heh.comment image

GhostValley
GhostValley
1 year ago

Bone and Beard Bat-Rep! Bon-Jovi jokes! What a gift for a Friday night!

John Barber
John Barber
1 year ago

Good job Bone. I know it must be incredibly difficult remembering all the studio army rules considering TT has so many of them, but remembering not just DTTFE but your disc attacks is actually pretty awesome (no snark intended).

John Barber
John Barber
1 year ago

“Sorry to interrupt” says Bone who apologized for interrupting who then proceeds to immediately interrupt some more! 😀

Kev Bates
Kev Bates
1 year ago

Great bat-rep, I’ve mentioned this regarding the World Eaters Rhinos but it seems most of the CSM armies on here field them, I know the iron warriors have them, dont know about the new Black Legion but have you guys ever thought of putting the additional combi-bolter and Havoc Launcher on the Rhinos? at only an additional 8 points its a steal to turn them into little anti infantry Gunboats even with the change to bolter discipline Rhinos are always going to be getting in enemy lines for rapid fire range so your getting 9 -14 shots per Rhino and… Read more »

Micha Ben Toby
Micha Ben Toby
1 year ago

Awesome awesome game! Really enjoyed it! Especially because Sisters won! ^_^ I’ve consolodated my thoughts here because I was spamming loads of comments >.< Honestly I don't rate our tanks as transports. They die way too easy. I only use 1 immolator to get my melta Dominions in position. I think you might have been better off starting with more sisters and your warlord on the table so she could combine with Celestine for an army wide 4++. Also having the brazier on not in a tank at the start would have let you do way more dispelling. I tend… Read more »

Michael Hager
Michael Hager
1 year ago

lol my wife wants to trade me in and marry beard, I cannot say i blame her.

Micha Ben Toby
Micha Ben Toby
1 year ago

Every single time I’ve jumped 5 melta Dominions out in front of something they should kill easily they’ve done nothing and died immediately >.<

Congrats on dispelling the Smite on a 6! I've only ever managed that once! ^_^

Micha Ben Toby
Micha Ben Toby
1 year ago

I think Beard got the Book and the Brazier and the Warlord trait mixed up at the beginning there? My brain got all tied in knots!

Edit: Indomitable belief is the +1 shield of faith and the Book increases the auras to 9″. I’m sure Beard actually knows that but figured I’d put it here for those heretics that don’t 😉

In other related news though Book and Brazier are the two I take everytime! Great minds ay Beard? 😉

Francois Lalonde
Francois Lalonde
1 year ago

Is it the studio move that has you posting videos in the middle of the night? Careful not to burn out there!

Maeglin
Maeglin
1 year ago

Spider working overtime with an upload at this time? Not complaining!

Chris
Chris
1 year ago

I shall watch this as I paint my very own newly started Thousand Sons army. Great timing or JUST AS PLANNED?