Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report: Tallarn vs T’au 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics May 18, 201917  95 17 Likes

Colonel Jalid leads his desert jackals against a T’au reconnaissance force!

Tabletop Tactics Merchandise: https://www.tabletoptactics.tv/store/

Grey Buckleton
1 year ago

Well done Bone! You’ve become such a great player over the last couple of years. A well played match by both guys with cool lists and a solid win over an an excellent player. DKoK….

Worldspawn
1 year ago

I’m curious, when you charged the Ethereal with the cavalry and Bone called out greater good by everyone. After that, would it not have been possible to charge the nearby infantry squad into the 2 ghostwhatevers and the Ethereal? Thus allowing you to move within 1″ of them and sort of break through to get to it while them having been declared as doing “The Greater Good” would not have been able to fire overwatch?
Not a T’au-player so honestly not 100% sure if FtGG prevents you from fireing normal overwatch as well.

creamoftheblacklegion
creamoftheblacklegion
1 year ago

Awesome batrep. Liked that Lawrence managed to keep himself in the game for so long, after I thought it was a forgone conclusion!

I wonder if the guardsmen in front of the ghostkeels could have tanked Overwatch, so the HEROIC Spears of Tallarn had a better chance of making it to the Ethereal?

Simon
Simon
1 year ago

Is it possible to put up the lists in the forum, or are you too pressured for time? New tau player, and this army looks cool to start with.

Aaron Wilson
Aaron Wilson
1 year ago

What a great report this was, it was so nice to see a different side to the Tau and the agressive nature really made it feel like that dynamic shooting army it can be. Well played B-bone, the fusion prevailed in the end and to be fair Lawrences dice rolling this game was only average which is out of character fo the spider!

Great game guys, you two playing makes me cry every time. I would love to be a fly on the wall to hear the words B-bone throws out off camera!

Jay Eggett
Jay Eggett
1 year ago

As always you gents are a joy to watch play the game. Definitely enjoyed the Tau list, fun to see it more mobile and some units that aren’t seen often. Thanks for the awesome content and keep up the great work guys!

As an aside (and I thought it was funny) at 2:19:45 Lawrence hits with one auto cannon and rolls to wound with three, getting two wounds with one hit! A prodigy auto cannon marksman if I’ve ever seen one. ?

Bulwyf
Bulwyf
1 year ago

Fun game gents! Glad to see the Bone get the win. Not seeing the same Tau castle lineup game after game is refreshing.

Charles Quintanilla
Charles Quintanilla
1 year ago

I think this was my favorite Tau match I’ve seen Bone. I enjoyed your list because it was different than what you normally play. I’d love to see the studio army try out some Kroot as well even though they aren’t good.

Craig Leslie Gardiner
Craig Leslie Gardiner
1 year ago

Great game as always. Must say for a long time i hated tau but these last few reports i am really tempted to start a tau army fancy something different to add to my coll

Imperial Grunt
Imperial Grunt
1 year ago

Very fun report guys, Bone well done for the Greater Good! I do not think the 2nd guardsman in a missile team can shoot his rifle though, just like with other heavy weapons teams. The rifles would be fired at the expense of not shooting the heavy weapon, right? Also with the Rough Riders, if you attacking the lances on the charge, you cannot attack with the chainswords as well, correct? its one weapon system or the other, right? I wish GW gave the roughriders some love, they are a cool unit! At least let them charge on a 3d6..they… Read more »

Scott Wallentine
Scott Wallentine
1 year ago

So after running a little bit of mathhammer, the Enforcer Commander vs an Imperial Knight comes out to this:
3 CIB + ATS vs IK w/o Rotated Shields – 6.6666 damage on average
4 CIB vs IK w/ or w/o Rotate Shields – 7.5 damage on average
3 CIB + ATS vs IK w/ Rotated Shields – 5 damage on average

There ya go bone do with it what you will, this was assuming the Commander in a vacuum though, so no markerlights or Focused Fire.

Rob Butcher
Rob Butcher
1 year ago

at times this felt like a game spoilt by the central terrain piece so close to the only objective, restricting fire to only one half of the board

Chris
Chris

The Spears of Tallarn!
*clenches fist*

Luciano Sgarbi
1 year ago

I’m all for sportsmanship, but I don’t think Lawrence should’ve told Bone about the Ethereal standing in range of the potentially exploding Hellhound. That would’ve been comedy gold. ?

Andrew Davis
Andrew Davis
1 year ago

I really enjoyed that game seeing you guys take units we wouldn’t normally see. As somebody who slowly building a new Tau army i like seeing what everything does before i think about getting one myself. ?

Alex Volkov
Alex Volkov
1 year ago

I’m not a huge fan of armeis that shoot at each other across the board for the whole game, but this was a great Batrep guys, thank you.
Also love when Lawrence brings The Spears of Tallarn. Seeing them always makes my day! 😉

Raoul Pechler
Raoul Pechler
1 year ago

the third markerlight table bonus is that you dont get cover. this includes prepared positions. so that means the fusion would not have been able to be saved on a 6

Akula
Akula
1 year ago

Loved the bat rep as allwais, but the Autocannon teams should have done 6 shots, instead of 4.

Akula
Akula
1 year ago

Loved the bat rep as allwais, but the Autocannon HWT should have done 6 shots, instead of 4.

Warp5p1d3r
Warp5p1d3r
1 year ago

ghostkheel does not have the vehicle key word

Karl De Paor
Karl De Paor
1 year ago

Great bat rep as always lads. Bbone, just wondering if you’re playing volley fire as models within 6″ or units. Distance can be very decieving on camera.

Owl the Molfar
Owl the Molfar
1 year ago

OK. My first impression – Mr. Spider should to be banned from the using prepared positions, alongside with the undertaking the very, very serious nerf to luck stat he has!

Martin
Martin

comment image

Every time Bone reacts to a true Lawrence roll, I am reminded of this

ZackAttack
ZackAttack
1 year ago

Hey bones, why didnt you charge during your turn 2?just beign a good guy? Ooor… cause it looks like you coulda tied dow like his whole left flank

Macca8822
Macca8822
1 year ago

I love both Imperial Guard and Tau! Any chance of getting The Colonel back on the channel for some IG goodness?

Macca8822
Macca8822

ZackAttack
ZackAttack
1 year ago

Also! You guys kept rolling armor saves (due to prepared positions) but 3 markerlights ignores cover so some of them wouldnt get armor saves

ZackAttack
ZackAttack
1 year ago

In my opinion piranha should split deploy like carnifex or greater possesed.

But i also think vehicles should be able to take any tactical drone vs just gun

greyjim
greyjim
1 year ago

Bone something just occurred to me (something I always forget in game). When your plasma shot his chimera turn 2, one of your wounds was a 6 and it had through unity on it, meaning no save. Given spider rolled a 4 first and his jammy 6 second; that would have killed the chimera.

DelinquentBunny
DelinquentBunny
1 year ago

Would anybody else love to see the blooper reel from one of these reports? I assume it’s mostly just Bone swearing and calling Lawrence something more than “luck vortex” ….. sugar honey ice and tea…..

Kieran Barnes
Kieran Barnes
1 year ago

It’s really nice to see a tau army that moves up the board – riptides are cool and all, but this list was really, really cool

Boothy
Boothy
1 year ago

Guys, check the mission again. The scoring characters have to be the ones with intel points (I know it made no difference to this game, just for reference) 🙂

Darren McKernan
Darren McKernan
1 year ago

Good to see the guard back on the table! I’m expecting them to be run properly here Spider. You already known my thoughts on Scion Battalions included in. It would be neat to see a pure guard list that is competitive soon but you really need a Cadian Force to pull that off. Pask with the Vigilus relic “The Hammer of Sunderance” is a special kind of gross but it would work well in the Tallarn too.

Tobi
Tobi
1 year ago

Lawrence, the luck Vortex 😀 Really happy to see these 2 armies on the board, my favourits in terms of aestethics. This Sa´cea army looks like good fun, very mobile, lots of Fusion, i like it a lot Mr. Bone!

Phil Stein
Phil Stein
1 year ago

Great times watchinf this batrep today, fellas. It’s nice to see a good gunline vs gunline shoot-out, and even better to see Bone get a well-earned win against the Spider.

Any chance y’all are adding more to your Cadian regiment so we can see full batreps with them in the future?

Alec Glass
Alec Glass
1 year ago

Ahh what a great batrep, love me some Tau, and love that Ethereal! Plus I’ve been wanting to see the Piranhas in action, really cool list! Sa’Cea really helps them – I’m beginning to come around to the opinion that Sa’Cea is a very valid sept option against less combat-heavy armies, that one re-roll per unit goes a long way! On the topic of non-Tau-sept Tau, there’s another trick I’ve been curious about – a Bor’kan list with some pathfinders to get those pulse accelerator drones to hang around your fire warriors – get those badboys rapidfiring at 21″ with… Read more »

Bernhard Bolt-Jørgensen
Bernhard Bolt-Jørgensen
1 year ago

Very awesome battle report. I always love seeing tau lists on your channel and fluff-wise this one is just too cool. I must admit though.. Colonel Jalid and his desert jackals are always a joy to watch as well!

Jai Hensgen
Jai Hensgen

Yay another Tau battle! Such a well painted army
Unless I’m mistaken those cimeras wouldn’t have got cover saves from prepared positions as markerlights negate the benefit of cover?

Richard
Richard

I love this Tau list I might have to steal it for my new Tau army 🙂

GhostValley
GhostValley

Luck Vortex….???

Yann Head
Yann Head
1 year ago

another fun game, that on cam banter has me in stitches, i wonder what the off cam is like… ?

Maeglin
Maeglin
1 year ago

Bone you just need to swop out the Ethereal for purple toga during deployment ?

Jonathan Philo
Jonathan Philo
1 year ago

I have some old tallarn models. Do you have an address to send them too.

Jamie
Jamie
1 year ago

Those stealth suits are reeeeal purdy

Tim Cox
Tim Cox
1 year ago

would it be possible to add a ‘jump back 10 seconds button’?

i often paint and watch these and so i skip back a lot when i miss something, but its hard to judge and i jump back 2 or 3 minutes.

Just a thought, i mean i watch every video anyway! and tau vs tallarn, i love it!

(btw i do personally like it when you do one an army twice in a row, as its fun to see them adapt to something different in a time span my little mind can handle.)

nab
nab
1 year ago

Kinda slow Saturday, SAVED! This is gonna be good.

Just adding my post game thoughts. Great batrep, was really fun to watch. Bones emotional roller coaster was a hilarious thing to observe. The charge of the poor horsemen, who always try so hard was epic, until they reached the assault phase.

I’d assume Sa’cea re-rolls work for overwatch now after the FAQ?

Cheers

lolo
lolo
1 year ago

Oh great, it’s been a while since last tau battle report… :-/

Jamie