Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report: Iron Warriors vs Space Wolves 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics June 16, 201912  67 12 Likes

Beard brings the all new Noctilith Crown to the table, supported by a variety of new Iron Warriors units against Bone and his Brotherhood of The Wolf!

Erik Tasker
1 year ago

Noctilith Crown = Event Horizon warp drive + Stargate. The ultimate Chaos structure 😀

Vakharn
Vakharn
1 year ago

Bone: “They’d be used to fighting this sort of stuff in the warp anyway.”
So you admit your heresy!

Paneki
Paneki
1 year ago

leviathan dreadnought has the hellbrute keyword i believe there fore he has the chapter tactics and the death to the false emperor abilities.

Worldspawn
1 year ago

That was one hell of an epic game!

Hrimfar
1 year ago

Beard should have conve with death hex as one of his powers…

Kurgan_cz
Kurgan_cz
1 year ago

Bear should really learn to count dice 😀 Turn one shooting with Havocs into Wulfen he fails to count it properly both times…

Grouchoben
Grouchoben

Kaizer-Soze-Level Twists Ahoy

Leroy_Infinity
Leroy_Infinity
1 year ago

Bone, you not tempted to drop the flyers to just give you way more bodies? Using the psychic powers we have access to, you can still get a successful turn 2 charge off without losing too many models or the need to spend 600 points on transports.

Alex Andersson
Alex Andersson
1 year ago

Great game as always guys but this one was outstanding! 🙂

Maeglin
Maeglin
1 year ago

Loved the battle, you two seem to have been working overtime with the number of reports together recently.

Bulwyf
Bulwyf
1 year ago

This was truly an epic game. Amazing how close it was. Both of you should be proud of it. I hope this means we’ll see more Space Wolves on the table!

Andrew Davis
Andrew Davis
1 year ago

How do you guys keep having such clutch games? I love watching these!

Paneki
Paneki
1 year ago

After bones comments about not being an answer wizard all i could picture was someone shaking his head like a magic eight ball lol.

MasterWis
1 year ago

Epic Game well done guys. I can’t believe how big this Crown thing is! I don’t think you’ll be able to fit everything in your deployment zone with 2 or 3 LOL

glen leighton
glen leighton
1 year ago

Come along now! I’m becoming slightly alarmed! It’s been 2 days without a batrep and I’m sat here painting models without anything for my viewing pleasure goddammit.

CalgarismyFather
CalgarismyFather

Legends!!!

mrainbow
mrainbow
1 year ago

Did I miss something? Did Mr Beard count his first strike? Otherwise would it have been a draw? Oh I’m so confused! ???

Mishgun2k
Mishgun2k
1 year ago

Beard….oh Beard…..so many missed Death to the False Emperor rolls…

Jake Barratt
1 year ago

The Talons of Chaos is the name of the pub on Medrengard.

Archmike
Archmike
1 year ago

Mr Beard, you buy them and send them up to Manchester and I’ll gladly build two for you ^_^

jaredcurl
jaredcurl
1 year ago

Which, heads up, all wolf priests heal AND re-roll all failed hits. Ulriks special thing is that he gets better wounds when hit kills a big thing, so for all yall looking at startin up a list, the regular wolf priests are good too!

Bigj5274
Bigj5274
1 year ago

Love seeing bone break out the space wolves one of the few people on any channel that doesn’t make major rules mistakes, try to play it like different factions, or questionable list builds (I saw and all primaris shooting space wolves army before) great job as always.

DObkeratops
DObkeratops
1 year ago

Lol. what a crazy epic game, shame the Noctilith crown got shot off turn 1 but it reinforced what you said in the opening that taking 2 or 3 is probably the way to go. Also I think flamehead needs a brother, how about flamebeard?

Raffazza
Raffazza
1 year ago

This was, quite simply, brilliant fun guys!
Well done, and thank you!

Pherin
Pherin
1 year ago

Great game guys, but charging a half dead drednot with flamers into a wolf rider with +3 Inv and giant f*off hammer hurt my soul a little 🙂

greyjim
greyjim
1 year ago

That’s one of the best betreps I’ve ever seen. I genuinely couldn’t call it…and when I thought I could, the pendulum swung again. Makes me want to park the Tau for a bit and get my wolves to the table…if only to howl like Bone

Princeps Augustus
Princeps Augustus
1 year ago

Excellent game, gentlemen, one of the most enjoyable I have watched so far!

Mr. Beard.. Your Master of Executions is becoming as successful as my Keeper of Secrets… that’s alarming to say the least.

Flapdoddle
Flapdoddle
1 year ago

Ulrik and his balms. he’s been to Lush and he’s ready to crush.

Jamess9
Jamess9
1 year ago

Beard, your Noctalith Crown looks awesome! Looks great. Thinking about getting one just as a terrain piece.

Phil
Phil
1 year ago

Great game again, you’ll get the next one Beard!

Lector27
Lector27
1 year ago

woooow this game made me want to start up a space wolves army of my own, what a nailbiter, and god those Wulfen are awesome. Well played gents, and I must say the quality of the battle reports this past week has just been outstanding – you guys always bring a great spirit to these games, but the hype train of these most recent ones has just been off the rails, so entertaining, and on top of that you’ve been bringing really well-matched and surprising lists! Y’all deserve every cent of the support coming in for the new studio and… Read more »

Lemquy
Lemquy
1 year ago

Great game, love the wolves, so many twists.

Jay Kay
1 year ago

What a game! This is one of favourite games to watch for quite a while, great stuff chaps!

Stuart Dickson
Stuart Dickson

Beard hilariously miscounting those dice at 43:32

Osserg
Osserg
1 year ago

Beard, you definitely should pick Death Hex against such armies. 3+ invulnerable everywhere is just too strong while your firepower is solid but still not enough to make them sink in dices.

Francois Lalonde
1 year ago

I know it’s largely a meme at this point, but watching Beard roll ones hurts my soul. Beard, please sacrifice a goat at the next full moon.

Hrimfar
1 year ago

Yay! Iron warriors! When week we see big brother abby next?

Steve1611uk
Steve1611uk
1 year ago

So close beard!! Still… another great battle ??

Bobabear
Bobabear
1 year ago

For Russ and The Allfather!!

Token Bastard
Token Bastard
1 year ago

Love it, guys. You two always seem to have the closest swingy-est batreps on the channel, and never fail to entertain.

Owl The Molfar
Owl The Molfar
1 year ago

Thanks for battle report! That was just so INTENSE!!!!! I have no words! Terrible roll from both, followed by brilliant ones. Back and forward, all the game! You both should have some cold beer after the match, enjoying the moment of relaxation!

Matthew
1 year ago

I can’t wait to potentially come down the new studio have an opportunity to play against you guys

Richard Caine
Richard Caine
1 year ago

After turn two I was expecting a roll over. Pleasant surprise on that one. Leviathan Dreadnaught redemption. Still think you should have interrupted with the Master of Executions. If only to pass his curse onto Ulrick. :3

kaplsauce
kaplsauce
1 year ago

Poor Cadmus, it really was RUFF for him!

John Barber
John Barber
1 year ago

Do Chaos Marines in their default loadout have pistols as well as boltguns? I’m just thinking with your chaos marines tangled up with the Wulfen guy at the ‘bottom’ near the end of the game (1:49 hour mark) probably could have peppered him with shots at the end, and, by virtue of it not being the close combat phase, not have the Wulfen guy attempt to stab them as he dies.

John Barber
John Barber
1 year ago

Imo Beard you should have spent those two cp to interrupt and attempt to kill Ulrik with your master of executions. One reason is because Bbone killed your new unit in the first turn so it’s only fair and Two; he was keeping on going on how cool he was haha. Especially since killing your character makes them (bloody) Blood Angels too! (I guess that’s kinda fair, Astaroth makes Blood Angels Space Wolves too, but only one turn but doesn’t need to kill a char to do it).

Are you sure Ulrik’s thing lasts all game? That’s phenomenal.

greyjim
greyjim
1 year ago

Not to hijack this thread but have you guys missed a tau batrep with stormsurge and riptide? Been looking out for it since I saw the Facebook post.

Osserg
Osserg
1 year ago

Master of Execution is cursed for sure. Feels bad.

Charles Quintanilla
1 year ago

Well Bone you’ve done it again. My daughter hasn’t been interested in you since your music intro ceased but that howl brought you back into her good graces (she’s 2 and was captivated by the howl). I’m loving this one already haha

Icarus
Icarus
1 year ago

Looking forward to the new spin off show where Beard and Bone try and market real-estate in the grim dark future.

Cheers for the bat-rep guys, Beard the Crown looks great, nice job!