Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report: Grey Knights vs Necrons 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics December 7, 201924  64 24 Likes

Spider and Bone clash with two armies that have been struggling throughout 8th edition, to field test their new points drops from Chapter Approved 2019!

For custom high quality terrain: https://javelin-terrain.com

The Army Lists are:

Grey Knights

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium – Grey Knights) ++

+ HQ +

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight: Dreadfist, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Greatsword

+ Troops +

++ Total: [136 PL, 1CP, 2,000pts] ++

Aris D
Aris D

Dayum I really want that Roku objective set 😀

Cwak
Cwak

All of the factions? Have they actually done Harlequins yet? Because if it was that tiny grain of sand sized content in eldar book I’ll not be happy.

Fraser Steen
Fraser Steen

It’s generous of the ham handed hyperfelcitous Spider to play with the differently able carny handed Bone and the one and only ones Mr Beard.

Andrew Davis
Andrew Davis

At the end you guys mentioned the new PA changes. From what we have seen for the blood angels getting combat doctrines do you think GK might get them or something similar and would the extra AP on storm bolters from turn 2 be a great benefit to them.

doKtor_kALT
doKtor_kALT

I can’t wait for that Grey Knights Terminators Tactica now! Well done all <3

Gerald Cloud
Gerald Cloud

Wait did Bone and Spider Eiffel tower Chef at the end of the video? I thought that kind of content was strictly for On demand….

Gerald Cloud
Gerald Cloud

Wow. The new discounts are crazy, but never thought of the perspective that the other armies gaining them as well just kept everything the same. I see Bone really utilizing the D in Dragon to it’s full effect this game, well done mate. GW needs to start pumping out the supplement updates for each army on a monthly basis, at least for the older books, it is getting out of hand with the disparity between new and old. Hope every book is on calibur with the new sisters book, arguably the most well written and balanced book in 8th. Good… Read more »

Judgethunder

Laurence. Don’t Inquisitors have full smite?

Why not add in an inquisitoror two? Surely you have a couple lying around.

MasterWis

@37′ – Not to spoil but maybe the best moment of this Channel – to be kept in the history book / Spider giving first turn and what happens with the first unit to fire ? I just can’t stop laughing.
You are obviously rusty – you need to play more on the channel!

Bloodgrave

Great game guys. Spider you need a big ol’ Land Raider Redeemer in there, T8, Assault Cannons and Flamestorm Cannon (maybe x5 terminators and the brother-captain in the back, can double up as a nice road block too.) Have you ever thought about swapping out one of the Dreadknight weapons for the Heavy Incinerator? Your not shy with their distance, so it would nearly always be in range.

Fitz
Fitz

I just wanna say before I dive in: Chef, your hair looks great

Jeffrey Hart
Jeffrey Hart

OMG the landing pad dice roll slays my ears with headphones on Bone!

Thanks for the batrep guys. Super fun watch.

RobFromFenris
RobFromFenris

Bone, pat yourself on the back. That first turn was brutal! Well played.

Token Bastard
Token Bastard

I feel like a Psychic Awakening book with Grey Knights can only improve them through a combination of additional psychic powers, relics, warlord traits, and stratagems, since that’s what these books seem to be doing most often for armies on the table. Hypothetically, Grey Knights could get their own version of Combat Doctrines (which would help them immensely, I feel), though I feel like this is unlikely. I tell you what would help them a lot given the price of their stratagems: either a warlord trait or relic that allows for CP farming.

Bellchump
Bellchump

Great to see Lawrence making an appearance on 2 consecutive battreps. Not quite enough horrendous puns for my liking though

Outbrake
Outbrake

WOOOOHOOO the two “worst” armies in 40K!!! Arguably the Necrons are vastly worse than the gray knights now thanks to the buffs going to marines in general. In my opinion Necrons have fallen so far as to be nearly unplayable.

War Womble
War Womble

Great game! Love seeing the Grey Knights in action!! Well played by you both!

ghostvalley
ghostvalley

Not magic…an illusion (final countdown begins to play) 🤣

Bone vs Spider – I hadn’t realized how much I missed it.

Tomatoes
Tomatoes

WOOP WOOP!!!!! THE SPIDER IS FINALLY PLAYING GAMES AGAIN!!!!! Although he is only ever on freeviews…

Steven Plagman
Steven Plagman

I’ve mentioned this in other forums, but I really feel that Psybolt Ammunition should be an alternative to Smite for the Grey Knights. Instead of an incredibly overpriced stratagem, it should be a default psychic power that every unit inherently knows. “Psybolt Ammunition has a warp charge value of 5. If manifested, the Strength and Armour Penetration characteristics of any boltguns, storm bolters, heavy bolters and hurricane bolters that unit fires are improved by 1 until the start of your next Psychic phase. A unit may not cast this power and Smite in the same turn. This power can be… Read more »

Aaron Wilson
Aaron Wilson

Loved seeing the spider back on the channel, excellent game, b-bone played really well and that turn one was brutal. Love how hard spider works in games, despite how far he gets behind he just continues to play.

The Pyramid Dance is golden. Well worth the critical hit to Chef soul :D. I think the comment made by Lawrence about the fact that if everything drops in point nothing changes in the balance sum perfectly the effect of CA… well, maybe it could help a little in balancing some armies against the marines, but I believe that those are the armies the already have a fair chance to compete. As I was saying in a previous post I feel that the real missed opportunity is the PA series… it could really improve things while we wait for the… Read more »

Gene
Gene

Oh my God chef. Where comedy goes to die! Chef should seriously go to an improv class and learn the principle of “yes, and….”. Also somebody give him a hug

Trogdor
Trogdor

I’ve had some luck with adding a Ordo Malleus in Terminator Armor into my GK lately.

They have Terrify which can cancel overwatch, can deep strike in with a paladin bomb, have a psychic powers that generated CP and can raise Ld for nearby units (so with the banner + terrify + warlord trait, you’ll be dealing an average of 3 more mortal wounds from Purge soul)

TrevorOfBaal
TrevorOfBaal

Only just started watching this, but I’m all ready excited! Loving the Pyramid dance! That should so be a regular thing.
Looking forward to seeing what the Hammers do!

SilverShire
SilverShire

Big points drops for these armies. Another army with more subtile points drop but significant for named and key units are Space Wolves. Will we be seeing any Woofy Viking goodness anytime soon?

Martin
Martin

Poor Chef;)

Love this channel!

michael swain
michael swain

Bones I know sometimes some things are missed I am relatively new to the game itself so this is a question and it is a game and considering you play 23 armies at any one time I would understand… So I am not trying to have a dig…. But my question is….. I notice your wraiths are modeled with whip coils…. So the question is did you take the wraiths with whip coils or not? If you did you should have probably had a lot more attacks like another 3 per model and when you lost wraiths… at least with… Read more »

Akrabra
Akrabra

In regards to the re-roll all failed hits vs hits, they didn’t even change up Dante’s in the Blood of Baal book, so go figure. Grey Knights seem to be coming up in the next part of Psychich Awakening though, with Thousand Sons and Dark Angels. Lets hope for some goodies for them. Though not too optimistic. The game Kinda went the way I thought It would. GK seems like the only army that does not have the firepower to make sure reanimations can’t happen, along with maybe TSons. Also in Bones first salvo with the destroyers I’m counting 24… Read more »