Warhammer 40,000 Vox Cast: Flesh Tearers List Analysis

Avatar Tabletop Tactics April 23, 202010  48 10 Likes

Spider lays down the foundations for his Flesh Tearers to the Bone in this List Analysis of his upcoming personal army!

Want even more Tabletop Tactics videos? Sign up for On Demand here: https://tabletoptactics.tv/membership-account/membership-levels/

For custom high quality terrain: https://javelin-terrain.com

The Army List is:

++ Battalion Detachment ++

+ HQ +

Captain: Warlord- Artisan of War, Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Jump Pack

Sanguinary Priest: Relic- Sorrow’s Genesis, Chainsword, Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack,

+ Troops +

5x Incursor Squad: Paired Combat Knifes, Oculus Bolt Carbine

5x Incursor Squad: Paired Combat Knifes, Oculus Bolt Carbine

5x Incursor Squad: Paired Combat Knifes, Oculus Bolt Carbine

+ Elites +

Sanguinary Ancient: Honoured by Baal-  Standard of Sacrifice, Encarmine Axe, Angelus Boltgun

10x Sanguinary Guard:
5x Sanguinary Guard: Encarmine Axe, Angelus Boltgun
5x Sanguinary Guard: Encarmine Sword, Angelus Boltgun

++ Battalion Detachment ++

+ HQ +

Captain: Hero of the Chapter- Of Wrath and Rage, Armoury of Baal- Severer of Threads, Death Visions of Sanguinius, Storm Shield, Jump Pack

Chaplain: Jump Pack

+ Troops +

5x Incursor Squad: Paired Combat Knifes, Oculus Bolt Carbine

5x Incursor Squad: Paired Combat Knifes, Oculus Bolt Carbine

5x Incursor Squad: Paired Combat Knifes, Oculus Bolt Carbine

+ Elites +

13x Death Company: Jump Packs
10x Death Company Marine: Chainsword, Bolt Pistol
3x Death Company Marine: Thunder Hammer

Invictor Tactical Warsuit: Incendium Cannon, Heavy Bolter, 2x Ironhail Heavy Stubber, Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

++ Total: 2,000pts ++

Samuel Rowland
Samuel Rowland

Where’s the Khornate Party Bus in this list? Haha

Iain MacLeod
Iain MacLeod

I think instead of the second Captain a Librarian in Phobos Armour with Master of the Vanguard through Hero of the Chapter will be better for this type of list. Given Tenebrous Curse and Mind Raid in the first instance he will be very useful overall…Helping Incursors with the charge in turn one, slowing and fixing threat enemy units in place, and a source of mortal wound and CP stealing…pretty good…! In addition, do you think by dropping one Invictor Warsuit to run the Incursors in 3 units of 10x and then having 3 units of 5x Scouts fill out… Read more »

vermintide
vermintide

Sanguinary Priest narthecium shenanigans spotted by a brother on the B&C forum a couple days ago-

“on a 4+ you can return one destroyed model from that unit to the battlefield with 1 wound remaining, placing it within 3″ of this model and in unit coherency.”

If you Upon Wings of Fire a damaged jump pack unit 9″ away from the enemy and have your Sanguinary Priest in the right position, you could resurrect a casualty and place that model within 2″ coherency but as close as possible to the enemy charge target.

6″ charge on your DC 😉

Mr.Blather
Mr.Blather

You might want to do the Sanguniary Guard with an Erelim theme, there are only meant to be 5 but I have 8, it fits with the twisted BA theme.
They are Astoraths personal guard and fulfil the same function.
Here’s an example – https://imgur.com/gallery/GTOhgCA

Hokage13

RE: Axe/Swords vs PF. You don’t want to be too efficient in what you kill as it could leave you open and exposed to massed fire.

Jack Owens
Jack Owens

I wanna see a relic contemptor dread with a huge seth style chainsword, could play it as a chainfist

DGehring0809
DGehring0809

Chaplain Dreadnoughts with twin lascannons. Get your litanies (meh) get two BS2+ Lascannons, get the character rule for protection. Also grants another +1 to S if it’s in combat with other units, which stacks with your Sanguinary Priest. Also, why always the Standard of Sacrifice. It’s so easy to charge out of the range of it (it’s only models within 6″, not units) when you drop in. Plus its costing you an extra CP to take it anyway in Flesh Tearers. Why not use the Icon of the Angel, which let’s you reroll any of the charge dice. Or drop… Read more »

Iain MacLeod
Iain MacLeod

Interesting point from the Youtube posting by a Justin Mullinix regarding the use of Armoury of Baal. It states in the codex Blood Angels successor chapters CANNOT use it! Therefore, you can’t merely pay CPs to gain extra relics from the same source… I believe this is a correct reading of the rule which is VERY odd and often overlooked. However, I also believe Rules As Written (RAW), in both the Codex and Blood of Baal, as a Blood Angels Successor AND a Flesh Tearers you are able to have ONE Relic of Cretacia, ONE Special-Issue Wargear, and ONE Relic… Read more »

SeraphTC
SeraphTC

It’s an interesting list, but I make it 2005pts, what am I missing (or rather, what have I accidentally added?)

B C
B C

Happy birthday to ME. I’ve been waiting for this!

Michael Wemken
Michael Wemken

I definitely like this list. It has the potential to be really nasty. Take notes, Bone. Incursors work well with Wolves too

Christian Engø
Christian Engø

Hey Lawrence! Love your list! But why dont you magnetize the sanguinary guard? And Artisan of war is a Blood Angel Warlord Trait. How can you give that to your Warlord? But you can take the Cretacian born Warlord trait to negate overwatch maby?I Play my Flesh Tearers as Blood Angels because we are so punished by being a successor. Looking forward to see the list in action!

Kevin Balchin

Love the list! Will be similiar to mine once I go full Primaris. Lawrence, heres a link to my Fts on my Pinterest. Havent updated it for awhile as Im currently creating an Instagram account for my hobby side and my Fts will be heavily featured 💪🏻 On the link you’ll see my converted Sanguinary Guard. As you know Fts dont really use them but thy do have an equivilant unit that Seth just calls ‘Honour Guard’. I imagine these are just as well trained and equipped. Let me know what you think!

Alsarion
Alsarion

Looking forward to seeing this on the table! Flesh Tearers are definitely one of the most interesting chapters out there.

Qucik question about the warlord trait though, I thought Flesh Tearers had to choose from their own trait-table, rather than being able to take a Blood Angel trait?

If that’s not the case, brilliant – if it is though I guess you could take Cretacian Born over Artisan of War for the ignores overwatch.

Stuart Brown
Stuart Brown

Nice bed head Bone. Living the dream of sleeping 10 metres from your ‘office’ in these troubled times.

I’m 100% with Lawrence when he said that successor chapters should not pay a bonus CP for original chapters relics… they already can’t use the special characters. Obviously I’m biased on the matter, cause I play a primaris Ultramarines successor chapter. Speaking of the list, I have a feeling that it it doesn’t have many anti tank options, but I am not that great of a player so I would not press this point further. What I would ask you is this: don’t you think they would transition to pure Primaris in the near future, so making a mixed list… Read more »

SanguineSword
SanguineSword

Great to finally see the Flesh Tearers starting to take shape!
Would have to agree with Bone, fists beat swords in almost all situations. For reasons many others have already explained. As an original Blood Angel player I’m just glad to see you utilising some of the Primaris as the are hugely benefitted by our chapter rules and relics. Lets see some batreps soon!

Bob Jacobs
Bob Jacobs

I love these kind of video’s, thanks guys.
Stay safe!

Paul
Paul

“twisted reflection of the Blood Angels”
Sounds a tad heretical to me.

James Shapiro
James Shapiro

Loving the flesh tearer action! As a long time flesh tearer player, the librarian dreadnaught with wings of sanguinous, quickening and the warlord trait to ignore overwatch is a turn 1 berserk killing machine, whereas chaplains have always felt a bit substandard for me, so I agree with bone on the swap there.

Cant wait to see this army in a bat rep one day!

Iain MacLeod
Iain MacLeod

Hmmm, no Seth, no Aggressors, no Shooty-fist Dreadnoughts (Lascannon/Fist Contemptor or Deredeo with Pavaise to further protect Aggressors), no Company Veterans with Stormshields to protect footslogging characters – such as Seth?! Hmmm, you call this Flesh Tearers… 😉 Sanguinary Guard need some Power Fists, you will find the 4+ to wound vehicles very annoying just using swords and axes. Some axes are a good idea versus MEQ though… Instead of the Chaplain how about a second Priest with Jump Pack carrying the Icon of the Angel for the unit bubble to re-roll charges? A second Priest also allows you to… Read more »

Klod
Klod

I see Flesh Tearers as more of a footslogging/Rhino riding army. Maybe take a couple of Impulsors? They have some anti-tank options as well.

Johann Cloarec
Johann Cloarec

Hello Spider. Very nice list. I play BA for a long now and with the new Blood of Baal it’s a blessing! But I don’t agree sith you about the encarmine axe, I find that the lack of AP isn’t worth it, now with the Chaplain we can reroll everything, this can mitigate the -1 of the power fist. And I can’t play without my captain using Quake Bolt Relic. +1 to Hit, with the reroll of the sanguinary guard… nothing can withstand the power of the angel’s host. Furthermore when you have to face some gaunts or cultists they… Read more »

James Holder
James Holder

Nice list I look forward to seeing it in action and the narratives will be great 👍

Absolution
Absolution

I’m with the Spider on the Sanguinary guard weapon choices, the axes are comparable with the fists when dealing with tanks, but a lot more reliable when facing off against other units.

Can’t wait to see them on the tabletop!

Corruption
Corruption

Interesting list Lawrence. I foresee a bloody clash in the not-too-distant future where the Flesh Tearers throw down against Bone and the might of the Farsight Enclaves 🙂

Rus’el
Rus’el

Have been looking forward to this one! 🧛🏻‍♂️