Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report: Deathwatch vs Tyranids 1750pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics April 25, 202028  143 28 Likes

Bone debuts the updated Deathwatch rules, but will Spider and Hive Fleet Myrmidon withstand their onslaught?!

Want even more Tabletop Tactics videos? Sign up for On Demand here: https://tabletoptactics.tv/membership-account/membership-levels/

The Army Lists are:

Deathwatch

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP ++

+ HQ +

Watch Master: Warlord- Vigilance Incarnate, Relic- Tome of the Ectoclades, Guardian Spear

Watch Master: Guardian Spear

1x Hellblaster: Plasma Incinerator
4x Intercessor: Auto Bolt Rifle

++ Vanguard Detachment ++

+ HQ +

Chaplain: Crozius Arcanum, Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack

+ Elites +

Redemptor Dreadnought: Heavy Onlsaught Gatling Cannon, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod, 2x Storm Bolters

10x Reiver Squad: Grav Chutes
Reiver Sergeant: Combat Knife, Heavy Bolt Pistol
9x Reiver: Combat Knife, Heavy Bolt Pistol

10x Reiver Squad: Grav Chutes
Reiver Sergeant: Combat Knife, Heavy Bolt Pistol
9x Reiver: Combat Knife, Heavy Bolt Pistol

++ Total: 1,748pts ++

Tyranids

++ Battalion Detachment ++

Hive Fleet: Leviathan

+ HQ +

Tervigon: Massive Scything Talons, , Stinger Salvo, Power- Catalyst

The Swarmlord: Bone Sabres, , Prehensile Pincer Tail, Powers- Catalyst and Paroxysm

+ Troops +

28x Termagant: Fleshborers

28x Termagant: Fleshborers

28x Termagant: Fleshborers

+ Heavy Support +

Tyrannofex: Powerful Limbs, Acid Spray, Stinger Salvo

Tyrannofex: Powerful Limbs, Acid Spray, Stinger Salvo

+ Dedicated Transport +

Tyrannocyte: 5x Deathspitter

++ Supreme Command Detachment ++

Hive Fleet: Leviathan

+ HQ +

Hive Tyrant: Warlord- Adaptive Biology, Relic- Resonance Barb, Monstrous Scything Talons, Prehensile Pincer Tail, Two Devourers with Brainleech Worms, Wings, Powers: Psychic Scream and The Horror

Hive Tyrant: Monstrous Scything Talons, Prehensile Pincer Tail, Two Devourers with Brainleech Worms, Wings, Powers: Catalyst and Onslaught

Malanthrope: Grasping Tail

++ Total: 1,749pts ++

MasterWis

Someone did the stats of those Turn 3 saves from LAWRENCE??

Carl Peterson
Carl Peterson

this is just awesome craic!!! Larwences face when he accidentally called it the terry

Geo
Geo

Epic intro guys! Great game as well!

Carl Peterson
Carl Peterson

this is just awesome craic

Grodmun
Grodmun

Awh! I can’t find the WD review! Where is it?

Maeglin
Maeglin

Awesome close game guys. Nice fun lists too, very much what you’d find in your local store.

The Deathwatch changes actually tempted me but I’ve got too many armies already 🤣 Harlequins (my main army) are going to be interesting in White Dwarf since there’s nothing to copy and paste in.

Alan Shroue
Alan Shroue

One of the top 5 best intros!!! Ever!,

Plus if you find a good stash oil let me know please, thank you.

JulietOscarEcho
JulietOscarEcho

Poor Lawrence. Undiluted lock-down Bone. If your friendship survives this…
Thank you for your service guys! Loving the overhead cam stuff.

Storm96
Storm96

Fantastic batrep as always guys. Best $10 (after conversion) a month I’ve ever spent and I’ve never had that in doubt since the day I joined. Sincere platitudes out of the way, its on to Deathwatch. My my. GW what have you done you bunch of lazy sods. You tout these as new rules for the Deathwatch and all you’ve done is give them the standard marine rules they should’ve had all along and somehow expect us to fall for the word “new”. If I’m completely honest I’m actually ok with no “super” doctrine. I get the fluff behind Deathwatch… Read more »

Robin Jespersen
Robin Jespersen

Bone: It’s getting weird now
Me: “Spits out coffee” Woah woah woah…

Tarock

Got to say guys, great game! That was right down to the wire!
Pat on the back for whoever is writing these balanced and thematic lists :p

Pete Cole
Pete Cole

Good game guys. Swarmlord still doesn’t feel as nasty as he should be I think. Thanks for more entertainment!

Capfa
Capfa

After what Spider did to Chefs Phobos List he should have to play with a Reiver / Rhino Spam List. To have max Phun add an assassin in there too. Best day for this would be his Birthday. XD

grazgoul
grazgoul

Absolutely loved the battle report guys, amazing as always. Is there anyway we can get a cheeky aos battle report? I know you said you dont have enough armys to do it full time but I would love to see a preview game.

Aaron Wilson
Aaron Wilson

Oh my god, as fast I was to give feedback about the new format for tactica I have to gice credit for this bat rep. This is why I watch, love and support TTT. You two together are genuine comedy gold, backed by a really good game of 40k, gorgeous armies and competent generals.

This is TTT at it’s best, keep up the good works bosses!

Bobamelius
Bobamelius

Malcolm the Malanthrope?

Modulus
Modulus

“Have you ever considered, allowing people to feel like they have a fighting chance?

– Lawrence “The Spider” Baker, 2020 (Following circa 30 days in lockdown with the B-Bone, the madness was beginning to show).

Brian Ellis
Brian Ellis

Deathwatch are one of my two main armies and this release just made me feel even more “meh” about them as a faction. I don’t want to be more powerful than everyone else on balance (just getting a small bump to become viable in 2020 is needed), I just want Deathwatch to not feel so limited. The Corvus Blackstar is one of the coolest looking models but also one of the worst units in the Imperium—couldn’t we have gotten something to help make it a viable way to drop in vets? There is just no creativity here. It’s the bare… Read more »

chaoticflanagan

Friendly correction for the Spider – Leviathan only confers the 6++ FNP if you are within 6″ of a Synapse Creature; not simply being in Synapse.

Lemquy
Lemquy

Lawrence Terri would kill you if you tried to fight her, just saying.🍻

Muphesto
Muphesto

I have to say guys, these last few weeks of batreps have been some of the funniest and most entertaining things I’ve ever seen. Keep up the good work!

Nicholas Klein
Nicholas Klein

here is my problem with giving Deathwatch the doctrines, all SIA that increases the AP of weapons has a cap for the AP value, most of the inbuilt AP on the intercessor rifles mixed with SIA already maxes out the AP allowed by the SIA, and I’m not sure if the doctrine allows you to push past that cap. It effectively makes SIA less attractive. Also the Strats continue to promote primaries (which is no surprise). yet I’m not sure death watch have access to half the primaris units, and the ones they do have just don’t feel overly like… Read more »

Philippe Boulanger
Philippe Boulanger

That was amazingly entertaining. Very funny, great game. A+

bullyboy
bullyboy

A separate video discussing the new deathwatch? ….. You sit on a throne of lies!!! I can’t wait for this one, and I am ready to hit that reply button so, so quickly!

Shayne Unger
Shayne Unger

Suffer not the Spider to constantly humiliate the Bbone! Quit picking on him already. He’s lost his bloody mind. Nice moustache though.

Jason Cornell
Jason Cornell

Where did you guys get your shelves that hold your armies? Would be perfect for my gaming cave

Andreas Benson
Andreas Benson

I dont think bone kan take mutch more of this lockdown

Creative Name
Creative Name

It was actually stressful watching this game because I was rooting for bone. I can’t imagine dealing with spider making all those saves in the later turns! You deserved the win Bone

Angus Chalmers
Angus Chalmers

“Does not affect game outcome” – ahhh I see he nids are about to get slapped then

Nébal
Nébal

Nice battle report.

(And her name is obviously Terry.)

Enrique Ambriz
Enrique Ambriz

We need to crowdfund our way into getting bone a record deal for a full version of the dance/song at 30:50 😂

Gerald Cloud
Gerald Cloud

“You can have fun with lists.” The pain and sorrow in Lawrence’s expression there really jumped through the screen and made the viewer feel the emotion. 🤣

Sakluce
Sakluce

Thanks for this fun report, was good to see someone else command the Deathwatch (Love Beard but good to see army played with a different general). The addition of litanies and doctrines and some of the marine codex stratagems is nice for Deathwatch but we should have gotten that on release along with every other marine codex when they FAQ’d the new marine codex. I would liked to have seen a new relic and warlord trait with some deathwatch flavour, access to the new phobos units and our psychic powers revisited. We’re stuck with vanilla marine psychic powers and yet… Read more »

Matthew M
Matthew M

If it wasn’t for this channel I would have already fallen to Chaos with everything going on.

skovira88
skovira88

I’m going to comment this now so I don’t forget. Lawrence brush your beard with a stiff bristled brush. You would be surprised at how effective that is. Also beard conditioner works well. Once you grow you beard for a week it’s smooth sailing.

I was just (re)watching Aliens, and here come the ‘nids! A pity that good old Beard didn’t watch the movie, I see it (and the first one) as a WH40k film as much as Event Horizon.
Love the Deathwatch, I’ve yet to see the new rules but to me the things they lack the most are some units like Eliminators or Invictor Warsuit, and especially Relics… If they didn’t get some new one I’ll be a little upset.
Thank you for the game!

1ThirstyZerker
1ThirstyZerker

Holy wow- I’m just watching the intro and gotta say- the weathering effects on the Redemptor is fan/TASTIC/! I’ll be starting my own Ultramarines Redemptor in the next month or so and I hope I can get mine even half as sexy as yours right there.

Björn Karlsson
Björn Karlsson

Great game. Keep up the good work.
Is harlequins in the same White dwarf?

ghostvalley
ghostvalley

Beard Balm. Works great for me.

And Lawrence – they may be your army, but she is Terry. That’s just her name. 🤷‍♂️
🤣🤣

Pullena
Pullena

I’ve been making a Deathwatch army over the last 6 months, I love the idea of the army. The ‘new’ rules will make DW much stronger, that isn’t a problem for me, but it was obscenely lazy. They could have just had an FAQ with the old Space Marine rules and added the Deathwatch keyword.

Gluon
Gluon

Hilarious report fellas.

I’m pretty sure Bone should have used 40k Lawrence instead of the Watchmaster, as he would not only provide an 9 inch aura “Treat all rolls as sixes” but also killed the Swarmlord in the close combat… provided one of the reaver guys would lend him his knife.

Archmike
Archmike

“We’ve done a full review of it that we’ve released over on on demand”

*checks shows*

LIES!! LIES AND DECEIT!!

^_^

Azaiel
Azaiel

Loved the battlereport! Was great to see the Men in black back again. As a DW player I do feel cast aside by GW. The “new” strats we got in a White Dwarf are exactly the same as codex marines Pre-FAQ. Thats right, they couldnt even bother to copy and paste the revised versions. And these could have been released not long after codex SM for DW, there was no reason to give us this copy-paste job 7-8 months later. DW got nothing new or unique, our Librarian powers are the worst and in one of the cases, which allude… Read more »

James Holder
James Holder

Cracking game guys close to say the least !

Mike Cooper
Mike Cooper

You can use special issue ammunition if you are in half range found this ages ago on Warhammer community( Note: Note that the normal rules for Rapid Fire weapons, as described in the Warhammer 40,000 core rules, continue to apply when shooting a Rapid Fire weapon with special issue ammunition)

Lord Sleepee

You want beard oil fellas!

Simon Cooper
Simon Cooper

As a long time Deathwatch player I wasn’t upset with the lack of Deathwatch strats because everything we got in the new book has only made us stronger and there’s some really nasty tricks we are gonna be able to do.
I personally think the list that was being used wasn’t the best but well done for the win.
Next time I’ll lend you my army Bones and you can really hurt spider

Scopedog
Scopedog

I think Bone is doing a great job of creating appropriately powerful lists. 40k is so wildly unbalanced that there has to be a degree of curation, and whenever I saw one of Spider’s Dark Eldar lists (which we’ll charitably describe as “optimised”) I could largely predict the outcome before a single model had hit the table. 40k can be a fun game with an incredibly rich universe and awesome models, but it basically doesn’t really function as a competitive game as first turn advantage is so powerful and there is little to no reactive play. It’s almost trivial to… Read more »

Mozno1
Mozno1

Someone tell Lawance to condition his beard to stop the itch already!
Bone, oil that bad boi up!
A lot of truth is said in jest…. all i’m saying. 😀
Another great report guys!

Charybdis
Charybdis

Sweet baby Emperor Bone I’ve had an epiphany!! I was gazing enraptured at your glorious soup strainer when it hit me!
You need to go for a full van dyke. Just imagine how bitter with jealousy Lawrence will be having to see that facial fuzz making you look like a roguishly handsome musketeer throughout lock down.

Always good to see the DeathWatch in action, intrigued to see how their PA will effect them.