Warhammer 40,000: Adepta Sororitas List Analysis

Avatar Tabletop Tactics May 7, 20206  57 6 Likes

Bone and Chef sit down to discuss not one but TWO Sisters of Battle Lists, tackling two sides of the game- the competitive and the outrageous!

Want even more Tabletop Tactics videos? Sign up for On Demand here: https://tabletoptactics.tv/membership-account/membership-levels/

For custom high quality terrain: https://javelin-terrain.com

The Army Lists are:

Chefs’ Sisters of Battle

++ Battalion Detachment ++

Order Conviction: Bloody Rose

+ No Force Org Slot +

Repentia Superior: Neural Whips

+ HQ +

Canoness: Warlord- Indomitable Belief, Relic- Mantle of Ophelia, Blessed Blade, Inferno Pistol

Canoness: Heroine in the Making- Beacon of Faith, Open the Reliquaries- Litanies of Faith, Power Sword, Bolt Pistol, Rod of Office

+ Troops +

Sister Superior: Chainsword, Boltgun, Hand Flamer
2x Battle Sisters: Boltguns, Bolt Pistols
2x Battle Sisters: Storm Bolters, Bolt Pistols

Sister Superior: Chainsword, Boltgun, Hand Flamer
2x Battle Sisters: Boltguns, Bolt Pistols
2x Battle Sisters: Storm Bolters, Bolt Pistols

Sister Superior: Chainsword, Boltgun, Hand Flamer
2x Battle Sisters: Boltguns, Bolt Pistols
2x Battle Sisters: Storm Bolters, Bolt Pistols

+ Elites +

Imagifier: Open the Reliquaries- Book of St. Lucius, Venerated Saint- Tale of the Stoic and Tale of the Warrior, Boltgun

Imagifier: Tale- Tale of the Warrior, Boltgun

Battle Sanctum

++ Total: 1,998pts ++

Bones’ Sisters of Battle

++ Battalion Detachment ++

Order: Valorous Heart

+ HQ +

Canoness: Warlord – Indomitable Belief, Chainsword, Condemnor Boltgun, Brazier of Holy Fire

Missionary: Chainsword, Autogun, Laspistol

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium – Adepta Sororitas) ++

+ Configuration +

Order Convictions: Order: Valorous Heart

+ Stratagems +

Open the Reliquaries: Additional Relics of the Ecclesiarchy

+ HQ +

Canoness: Heroine in the Making- Beacon of Faith, Relic- Brazier of Eternal Flame, Chainsword, Bolt Pistol

Canoness: Chainsword, Bolt Pistol, Brazier of Holy Fire

+ Troops +

Sister Superior: Boltgun, Bolt Pistol
3x Battle Sister: Boltguns, Bolt Pistols
Battle Sister: Meltagun, Bolt Pistol

Sister Superior: Boltgun, Bolt Pistol
3x Battle Sister: Boltguns, Bolt Pistols
Battle Sister: Meltagun, Bolt Pistol

Sister Superior: Boltgun, Bolt Pistol
3x Battle Sister: Boltguns, Bolt Pistols
Battle Sister: Meltagun, Bolt Pistol

+ Elites +

Imagifier: Open the Reliquaries- Book of St. Lucius, Tale- Tale of the Stoic, Boltgun

Imagifier: Tale- Tale of the Stoic, Boltgun

Imagifier: Tale- Tale of the Stoic, Boltgun

+ Dedicated Transport +

Immolator: Immolation Flamer, Heavy Bolter

Immolator: Immolation Flamer, Heavy Bolter

Immolator: Immolation Flamer, Heavy Bolter

++ Total: [101 PL, -2CP, 2,000pts] ++

B C
B C

Chef’s list is very close to my own Bloody Rose plans, so let’s see some of that Daughters of Gorefather action. Maybe against a World Eaters force. Blood!

Nicholas Klein
Nicholas Klein

hey bone, I know you dont need more flamers, however, if you give one dominion squad flamers, you probably will have the points to give the superiors for the dominion squads a combi weapon, for the two melta squads this would be a combi flamer, and for the one flamer squad a combi melta, if you fire both profiles it allows the squad to make use of “holy trinity” and get those meltas wounding on 2+ for most things. just food for thought.

Darius Choksy
Darius Choksy

Dang that sister’s list is easily over $1000 dollars in plastic… My csm were like $600 not including conversion bits. I love sisters but idk if I could do that, especially with 9 tanks…

Paul McDonald
Paul McDonald

So, I have played against Bone’s list (minus the immolaters) and it was one of the most frustrating and unejoyable games I’ve played. I was using Chaos Knights and it was a real struggle to kill any of the sisters, in combat and shooting. It is definitely survivable, but I wouldn’t bring it to your local gaming club.

Mikhail Davis

I would love to see both lists in a battle report, definitely would love to see Bones list go up against either imperial fists, iron hands, or raven guard, as well as tau or maybe Knights? Can’t wait to see the sisters finished, HURRY UP SANGA!

Philippe Boulanger
Philippe Boulanger

Chef, when you are in that super enthousiastic mood, you are the crème de la crème. Nice job to both of you

Nick Kirkham
Nick Kirkham

As someone who is currently buying and building a Sisters army, this gives me some food for thought. I think the Immolator list is cool in it’s own way, tank rushing up the board but I dont think I could paint that many tanks and my wallet certainly wouldn’t cope with it. I like chefs list for the fluff as much as anything else, crazy warrior nuns and penitents just charging up the board like madwomen! Cool as.

Kellen Seaman
Kellen Seaman

The last time there was this much gushing about synergy and fun combinations was the iron hands review……

Danielpattenden
Danielpattenden

I think what’s funny is, when chef wrote this he was like “this is fun”, turns out its closer to the competitive sisters list atm. I like bones list but immolators for me just don’t pull their weight even ignoring ap-2, your better off with bodies. I run VH double Battlion with a vanguard of BR, I have big blobs of 15 girls and they are a pain to kill.

Rogue Sun
Rogue Sun

I think Valorous Heart is most powerful as a primarily infantry horde. With Excorcist or even Knight support for some long range firepower. Having to chew through that many 3+ saves without -1 or -2 rend would be extremely difficult for so many armies. Add in Triumph of St. Katherine in there for another layer of buffs and some celestians to take any sniper shots that may find their way to Imugifiers and it gets frustrating really quickly. Maybe not the flashiest army, but certainly effective.

Hamfingers
Hamfingers

I like chef’s list more. The problem with Bone’s is that an opponent can charge 1 immolator, then tag others on the pile in. If that happens 3 units are shut down for a turn. In my experience Immolators look scary on paper, but if you touch them they’re almost useless. I think it would have a problem with a horde army, just being able to spread out and just touch tanks and disable them is devastating. If a model get’s taken “hostage” bone’s list is in trouble. Not chef’s list. That one is going to go get that hostage… Read more »

Phil Winterbourne
Phil Winterbourne

Of the two I like Chef’s best. Probably because it’s fairly close to my actual (now painted – I stick some pics on TT FB) list. I went Valorous heart, 3 x exorcist, 9 repentia, 4 mortifiers 6 x 5 lady min squads, 2 dominions one sith SB and one with melta. rwo imaginifiers, one missionary, 3 canoness and celestine. Think there is a rhino too. Oh and one seraphyn to drop in with the big C

I think Immolators costs too much for what they offer, and if they are outside of the imagifier bubble there are many weapons that could shred them quickly… and if you are running up the board it’s difficult to keep the imagifier near them. Imagifiers are also quite easily dispatched by snipers, that’s why I don’t give relics to the two I play. Also if you are against armies with a huge output of MW (like eldars) or with many heavy wapons (some admech, like the list I play) or with high rate of fire I think the Immolators would… Read more »

Tropic Thunder
Tropic Thunder

I like the ingenuity of both lists, but the one I would like to play more would be Chef’s. To see such a melee centric option out of Sororitas is very intriguing. Now that I can order online from GW I believe I need to add this codex to the list, especially after I found out what Mortifiers are (backstory, especially). 😀 I don’t remember if I heard the suggestion here or read it elsewhere, but I really hope GW changes things up so there’s another generic 1CP stratagem available to all armies that can be used to add a… Read more »

Marko Vidovic
Marko Vidovic

Man, would you guys consider doing a reaction video to the new twwh II Trailer about the Orks? I would totally watch the shit out of that!!!!!

ColdestNight1231
ColdestNight1231

I really want to see Immolater spam. And Chef has to play against it.

kickingbird
kickingbird

Great to see some SOB love going on. Personally I have really being loving the possibilities of the SOB book. I feel the rules were met with a lukewarm reception when they were first released but people are really starting to see the possibilities now. For those interested in finding out more I suggest listening to the Sister Act podcast on Apple Podcasts (no affiliation). It’s still relatively new but those guys really know their stuff and have produced some great content so far. BBone, as a list suggestion, if you ever play this list against The Spyder and his… Read more »

Archmike
Archmike

What do you guys think about the best of both?
1 Battalion of Valourous Heart to stand on objectives and be all “No” and 1 battalion of Bloody Rose full of frothing lunatics to give your opponent nightmares?

Also Celestine very conspicuous by her absence in those lists! That’s probably a very good sign for the health of the book 🙂

Having said that Valourous Heart with 4++ on top of ignoring -2s and a 6 shrug? Yummy….

James Shapiro
James Shapiro

The ‘bonkers’ list is pretty close to the seraphim/zeraphim/repentia build that is doing pretty well.

There is also a 2x Valourous heart battalion and Bloody Rose Vanguard build that is doing pretty well in the meta, which has a few hundred points of flexible slots so you can customise the list. There is a growing consensus in this build that the TRIUMPH is extremely competitive, and having played 5-8 games with it i can confirm that the triumph is great and competitive when surrounded by bloody rose repentia.

Seth Pruter
Seth Pruter

Time travel is weird and all because the bonkers list turned out to be the competitive list according to the most recent tournaments. Love both of the lists though even if I have my apprehension on Immolators, Valorous Heart is probably the best faction for a person who wants to field them.

The Woodsman
The Woodsman

While I don’t play Sisters myself, I’d be inclined to go for a Bloody Rose build. There’s something about battle-frenzied melee nuns that really ticks my boxes. I feel Repentia have a lot of potential, Have you looked at Arco-Flagellants, Chef? While they don’t benefit from the Conviction themselves, I feel they would add great support. With a Priest (or Missionary) close by and by using the max attacks stratagem, they can dish out a helluva lot of S5, -1AP attacks… I’m not sold on the Zephyrim… sure they can deep strike in and have good movement, but I don’t… Read more »

James Holder
James Holder

Nine immolaters is a must see everybody get painting !!

UseLess
UseLess

That’s quite the old video haha. I cannot wait to see those gorgeous warrior ladies on the table slaughtering all sorts of heretics! GW did a great job with the codex. I enjoy playing them so much and you can make all sorts of lists.

How about the first two videos with the Sisters will be a regular report featuring Chef’s list and a tactica with Bone’s list? 😉

speedr369@yahoo.com
speedr369@yahoo.com

The real question is, when will we actually see them on the table? I’ve been waiting for a good Sisters batrep ever since they came out.