Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report: Ynnari vs Salamanders 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics May 9, 202020  135 20 Likes

Spider unleashes his all new Ulthwe Ghosts army, taking a mix of units and fielding them as the reborn against Bone and an Adrax Agatone led Salamanders force!

Want even more Tabletop Tactics videos? Sign up for On Demand here: https://tabletoptactics.tv/membership-account/membership-levels/

Check out Joe’s Instagram: @jjonesnpp

The Army Lists are:

Ynnari

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari – Craftworlds) ++

Craftworld Attribute: Ynnari

+ HQ +

Spiritseer: 0. Smite, 4. Unbind Souls, Shuriken Pistol

The Visarch

Warlock Skyrunner: 0. Smite, 5. Shield of Ynnead, Shuriken Pistol, Twin Shuriken Catapult, Witchblade

+ Troops +

Exarch Power: Decapitating Strike

Howling Banshees
4x Howling Banshee: 4x Power Sword, 4x Shuriken Pistol
Howling Banshee Exarch: Shuriken Pistol & Executioner
Exarch Power: Decapitating Strike

+ Dedicated Transport +

Wave Serpent: Crystal Targeting Matrix, Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones, Twin Bright Lance

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Aeldari – Craftworlds) ++

Craftworld Attribute: Ynnari

+ Stratagems +

Artefacts of Death

Exalted of Ynnead

+ HQ +

Autarch Skyrunner: Hungering Blade, Power sword, Twin Shuriken Catapult, Warden of Souls, Ynnari Warlord

Farseer Skyrunner: 0. Smite, 1. Gaze of Ynnead, 3. Word of the Phoenix, Shuriken Pistol, The Lost Shroud, Twin Shuriken Catapult, Walker of Many Paths, Witchblade

The Yncarne: 1. Gaze of Ynnead, 4. Unbind Souls

Intercessor Squad: Auto Bolt Rifle
9x Intercessor: 9x Bolt pistol, 9x Frag & Krak grenades
Intercessor Sergeant

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad: 4x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant, Flamestorm Gauntlets

Aggressor Squad: 4x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant, Flamestorm Gauntlets

Invictor Tactical Warsuit: Fragstorm Grenade Launcher, Heavy bolter, Incendium cannon, 2x Ironhail Heavy Stubber

+ Dedicated Transport +

Repulsor: 2x Storm Bolters, Auto Launchers, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Ironhail Heavy Stubber, 2x Krakstorm Grenade Launcher, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Twin lascannon

++ Total: [103 PL, 1,999pts] ++

MasterWis
21 days ago

BBone, turn 1 – SALAMANDER REROLLS

Imperial Grunt
Imperial Grunt
22 days ago

Yes! I think the Obsidian Dragons heard about the foul Imperial/Xenos alliance on CM-9 and in a Universe of compromise, some men don’t. They put and end the Xenos. How will they deal with their brothers?

Sam Shand
22 days ago

Great entertaining game. What changes would it take to make the wraithknight viable? Strat for +1 invulnerable? better weapon profiles?

RobFromFenris
RobFromFenris
22 days ago

What a cracking game! That Ynnari getting back up on a 4+ and then regenerating wounds seems a bit much!

Keep up the good work

Chris Gale
Chris Gale
22 days ago

oh man, im seeing marines hit banshees on 3’s but shouldn’t they it be on 4’s with the minus 1 to hit with war shout from the exarch? i know its hard to keep up with all the special Aeldari rules

Also love the Wraithknight… soooo pretty!

Sam Shand
22 days ago

I hope once all this social distancing is over we can see some guests bring some true coloured chapters to the channel and not some grey proxies. Would love to see some Green Salamander, Black Raven Guard & Iron hands grace the screen.

Bellchump
Bellchump
23 days ago

Great batrep as usual. Loving the ‘new’ Eldar. Just wondering whether you guys can easily release the freeview vids using the on demand platform as well? Recently I have been getting pop-up ads when I watch your content on youtube. I guess it means that your vids are becoming pretty gosh darn popular, which can only be a good thing.

Philippe Boulanger
Philippe Boulanger
23 days ago

That game had everything. The intro was just pure genius comedy !

Jack Stephen
Jack Stephen
23 days ago

love the new ghost army! honestly what a great game too. can’t wait to see how u run them in the tactica

dneuhoff87
dneuhoff87
23 days ago

I didn’t realize how much I needed more B-Bone singing the Ghostbuster theme song in my life until this moment.

Vaske_bjarke
Vaske_bjarke
23 days ago

*Spider writings his diary* Dear diary It is now day 463 of the lockdown, it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep my sanity. I’m starting to hear voices. One of them is saying “wooooow” sounding a bit like Owen Wilson. It is not ghost, as Mr. Wilson is not dead. Or is he? I’ve lost track with the outside world. Sometimes, at night, I swear I hear the sound of dice being thrown around in the Studio, and a voice saying “I am a peanut, everytiiime, statistics doesn’t apply to you, do they?” Oddly enough, I miss Bone *Bone enters… Read more »

James Dowson
James Dowson
23 days ago

More disco phases needed in future, thanks for that glorious editing

Nébal
Nébal
23 days ago

Great battle report. Ynnari seem fun.

Optimisticpaint
Optimisticpaint
23 days ago

It was so great to see the Wraithknight out to play, TWICE!
I am greedy and would love to see an Imperial Knight on Eldar Knight battle.

D J kiepura
D J kiepura
24 days ago

Great to see the Eldar out again. Imagine the ynnari traits and relics on wraithseers ^^. I run yvraine with 2x wraithseers pretty much as standard now. Lord of rebirth on one and lost shroud on the other with d canon. Great fun and mean units. One thing to mention RE rules: spirit seer aura does not work like normal aura… The spirit seer has to be within 6″ of the target enemy according to the codex. Also the extra attack strat only works if you have one of each cwe, DE and harleys detatchement. Meaning the only source for… Read more »

Bobamelius
Bobamelius

Can confirm, Mr. Bone’s face does indeed make me happy

SephirothCC3
SephirothCC3
24 days ago

a 5 man squad of banshees couldnt even kill 1 primaris, and then they hit back and wipe the squad. even with bad rolling thats still ridiculous. the fact that a basic primaris with no buffs has more attacks than a banshee is hilariously stupid. GW really dropped the ball with aeldari PA as a whole, especially with harlequins not even getting a real book and ynnari actually just getting nothing.

Mort3n
Mort3n
24 days ago

1:24:34 the yncarne gets back up with Back from the Brink- sadly, this is just for infantry/biker characters, so she can’t reset unfortunately 🙈

Nonetheless, supreme work as always guys, I love how you sound like an old married couple ❤️

jake diewald
jake diewald
24 days ago

Bone, you’re a human peanut.

Forget salamander rerolls for an entire turn? /sigh

Warp5p1d3r
Warp5p1d3r
24 days ago

if Yvraine can get in any transport can she cast psychic powers from the back of a venom?

also why does everyone think she is rubbish? she can cast two with a built +1 and hits like an autarch in combat?

Michael
Michael
24 days ago

I’m really enjoying this batrep, it’s lovely to see some of the old Ulthuan Ghost models dusted down and deployed on the tabletop.

Dean Brereton
Dean Brereton
24 days ago

I am still not sold on the Repulsor, think its far too expensive and too much of a target. Giving it a 5+ is a bit too much though, maybe reducing damage by 1? I would also like to see its movement increased to 14 as its too slow for its points

Błażej Kucharski
Błażej Kucharski
24 days ago

Cool batrep as per usual!
Lawrence, you seem to forget Runes of the Farseer here and in Ghostmaker final 😉

Sebastian
Sebastian
24 days ago

Unfortunately, Ynnari cannot use the new Exarch powers.

The only “new rule” Ynnari players got in Psychic Awakening was “you cannot use any of the new rules in this book for any reason, thank you for your 30 quid”, lol.

Also, the +1 attack strat requires you to have a Ynnari army that includes Drukhari and Harlequins as well as Craftworlds.

Rune Kappel
24 days ago

Very Beautiful armies. The Ghosts look incredible.

Bone, did you have 2 cp, when the Yncairne deployed? Because.. Auspex Scan. It was actually a pretty bad move setting her up, as the closest target to the aggressors.

Simon Malone
Simon Malone
24 days ago

41:10 – Loving the power up 😂 Great work team!

Thomas Kirchner
Thomas Kirchner
24 days ago

With all the talk about the Busting of Ghosts, and the Getting to the chopper, I imagine Poor Beard sitting at Home Alone, even more confused then usual.

Outbrake
Outbrake
25 days ago

I think someone should sew some stripper titty tassels on Bbones shirt. It would make his excited dance that much better!

Gerald Cloud
Gerald Cloud
25 days ago

That’s the disco I wanted to hear! It makes every report better. Also the spider doing the Beegees bit about making the saves was clutch.

Outbrake
Outbrake
25 days ago

Bone doing the Ghostbusters Theme should be the home page for the channel. Epic.

ColdestNight1231
ColdestNight1231
25 days ago

Bravo on sneaking out the kingslayer Bone! Bravo, Brava, Bravisimo!

Akrabra
Akrabra
25 days ago

Jeez those saves, savage.

Zelun
Zelun
25 days ago

Just wanted to say that I’ve appreciated the effort put into tightening up the dice rolls on camera recently. Seems like something you changed/noticed around the new experimental format for tactica?

Michael Wills
Michael Wills
25 days ago

Did bone actually say with a straight face Repulsors should have a 5+ invulnerable save! Did we learn nothing from Iron Hands.!!?

CMO
CMO
25 days ago

Excellent content as always gents. Seeing Wraith Knights (and Stormsurges) makes me sad because they were so good, and now they’re so, so bad. I look at the amazing stuff Imperial Knights get and the xenos codex superheavies often just seem like an error left over from index days. I often look at my Obelisk with sadness (not a euphemism, honest). A shame GW have had 3 years, Vigilus, 3 Chapter Approved, and Psychic Awakening books in which to fix these pointless but beautiful models, but haven’t addressed them at all. Not to criticise them too hard – they’ve cranked… Read more »

patrick logan
patrick logan
25 days ago

quick question us it better for you guys to watch the freeview vids on youtube with the ads ? i am happy to watch a few ads if it helps your channel more than watch on here

ThePsychopath
ThePsychopath

Oh my lord that Intro is golden… Don’t worry Bone, I was singing along

Andrew McFarlane
Andrew McFarlane
25 days ago

Great batrep as always, good to see the Ynarri out again. One question about them though, I always see them played as Craftworlds (or ‘Quins) and I’m sure I’ve heard you comment on the Drukhari Ynarri combo before, do they really not work well as the dark kin?

Rus’el
Rus’el
25 days ago

Loving the updated Ghosts. Another fantastic looking TT army.

Will you guys be doing any army showcase episodes in the future. Would be great to see each of your armies in their full glory.

waterhou1
waterhou1
25 days ago

Nice to see the Wraith Knight and some Banshees grace the tabletop.
It does just make me sad how some units in the game are still virtually unplayable, wish they would address that, all codexes have some units that could use tweaks.

Thanks for churning out these batreps, one of the few things keeping me sane right now

James Jefferson
James Jefferson

“Feel it deep inside, it’s a 6” 🤣

George Fava
George Fava
25 days ago

glad to see the Ynnari back in action. super entertaining as always!

stefanvit
stefanvit
25 days ago

Great report, thanks a lot, this was the best one in a while. It’s been quite static movement wise lately in your reports, the armies move a bit for a turn and then stand still mostly and shoot… I guess this one was quite a bit that way too… You met up in the middle and duked it out. But still very promising with a Ynnari army! I’ve been playing them a lot lately. And use some of the units you had too. I added two units of Howling Banshees just becaue GW never can get them right. They seemed… Read more »

Laura Forbes
Laura Forbes
25 days ago

Bone’s launching into Ghostbusters theme and dance very nearly made me ruin my laptop with the tea I was drinking.

Nicholas Lucas
Nicholas Lucas
25 days ago

Thank you both for putting these on even during the COVID crisis, YOU are both actual mega bosses. Yessss, Salamanders!! Love seeing Flamestorm Aggressors, they are so much fun rolling buckets of dice. Great game, mostly because I love watching Flamestorm Aggressors. I have my own Salamander successor called the Ebonheart Conclave, maybe they will meet the Obsidian Dragons on the battlefield! http://imgur.com/gallery/0PyuNfz Also Bone I know you play a lot of armies so take this as a friendly tip 😊 :take a look at Crucible of Battle (+1 to wound for any Salamanders unit) it is one of the… Read more »

Hrimfar
25 days ago

As always – great batrep! I must say that I’m getting a bit tired of the space marines – the more I play them and see them played, it always feel like they have like 125% more on the board power wise than any other army. There were at least as many primaris models as there were eldar models on the table – and they are better at everything. I feel like GW must do something about this soon…

I guess it doesn’t help that the main 2 guys I’m playing have tournament class primaris space marine armies.

Corruption
Corruption
25 days ago

I think in honour of B-Bone the Salamanders should have a new strategem ‘more Drakka’ 😀

DelinquentBunny
DelinquentBunny
25 days ago

I know the text says “Grotty says…” but did anyone else read that in Chef’s voice?

0MaxK0
0MaxK0
25 days ago

Ah damn, the Ynnari are my favourite army lore wise because of the sheer potential they have to alter the very nature of the narrative of 40k… That said they just dont do anything on the table. Whilst this game looked close there were a substantial number of rules mistakes which altered the game the main two were: Back from the brink, it can only be used by infantry and biker characters. This means that the aggressors would have killed the Autarch outright and forced Lawrence to deal with them. Exarch powers, unfortunately they cannot be used by Ynnari (on… Read more »

25 days ago

Damn you, Bone, now I have to watch Ghostbusters again…. Great game, really funny! I see that the crazyness in Bone’s eyes is reaching Joker’s level… will Lawrence survive? As I commented in the past, I’m always in pain when I see (or play) the Repulsors: I love them, but as Bone said for the points they costs they should have 5++. As they stand they are too easy to blow up and that is a huge part of a marine army. I’m also exasperated with GW cause they don’t release the Suppressors, that might act as a support antitank… Read more »