Warhammer 40,000 Highlight Report: Harlequins vs Orks 2000pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics May 19, 202096  102 96 Likes

Welcome to an *ALL NEW* show we now produce in addition to our regular Battle Reports – The Highlight Report! Designed for those of you that want a fast and furious Battle Report that can be watched in under an hour, we dive right into the action. In the debut we throw down with the newly updated Harlequins against a brutal Ork Mob!

Want even more Tabletop Tactics videos? Sign up for On Demand here: https://tabletoptactics.tv/membership-account/membership-levels/

The Army Lists are:

Harlequins

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari – Harlequins) ++

Masque Form: The Soaring Spite: Serpent’s Blood

+ Stratagems +

Enigmas of the Black Library (2 Relics)

+ HQ +

Shadowseer: Shuriken Pistol, Soaring Spite: Skystrider, Twilight Pathways, Warlord, Webway Dance

Shadowseer: Fog of Dreams, Shards of Light, Shuriken Pistol

Solitaire: Cegorach’s Rose, Harlequin’s Caress, Harlequin’s Kiss

++ Total: [105 PL, -3CP, 1,999pts] ++

Orks

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Orks) ++

Clan Kultur / Specialist Mobs: Bad Moons

+ Stratagems +

Specialist Detachment: Dread Waaagh!

+ HQ +

+ Elites +

Tankbustas
Boss Nob: Rokkit Launcha
9x Tankbusta: 9x Rokkit Launcha, 9x Stikkbombs, 9x Tankbusta Bombs

+ Heavy Support +

Battlewagon

Morkanaut: Kustom Mega-blasta, Kustom Mega-zappa, 2x Rokkit Launcha, 2x Twin Big Shoota
Kustom Job: Sparkly Bitz

Fob Rorbes
1 day ago

Loved it! Fantastic additional format. Perfect for a lunch break 👍

MagicMan
MagicMan
7 days ago

Really enjoyed this quickfire format!

Only suggestion from me would be less dice rolling, more chat. But that’s probably a hard balance to strike. Keep it up!

Danny Fahy
8 days ago

this was much better than the previous short form and a great way of watching a quick brutal battle. The previous short for I found it a real struggle to keep up with what was going on but this was great. Well done on the editing, fantastic job. As variety is the spice of life, as well as enjoying this I’ll probably enjoy the long form more as a result of watching this. Thanks very much. With you on the long form being better, really enjoying the tacticas these days to, the overhead cam working really nicely. The ways you… Read more »

Altansar
Altansar
9 days ago

Unless the Big Mekk has a BS 4, he only hit with 2 because you got the -1 to hit power off. Might not have made a difference because of the d6 damage though.

JulietOscarEcho
JulietOscarEcho
10 days ago

I’m into it. Fan of the graphics in the phase summary shots, reminds me of reading White Dwarf bat reps. Does the shorter format make it less labour intensive for you guys to produce or no different really?

Ian Buchanan
Ian Buchanan
11 days ago

Love this format! I agree about leaving side text up for a little longer, great way to learn about other armies!

OllyVanAndrews
OllyVanAndrews
12 days ago

It was good, I still the perfect length is the new Tactica series you’re running with. I enjoy when you talk about the decision making more. This will def suit some people’s tastes though who are stuck for time.

I’m thinking of taking a Supreme Command detachment of Harlequins to go with my Ulthwé, think it would be interesting indeed.

Urbi
Urbi
12 days ago

I really like this format! An hour is perfect to squeeze in! I would not mind more of these! Good job guys! Keep it up!

fulgrimatic
fulgrimatic
13 days ago

Love it.

Is this filmed differently than a normal batrep, or a result of a different editing process, iow you could take the raw footage and still produce a regular batrep?

Killershrub
Killershrub
13 days ago

Enjoyed the format! I’d like to see the text stay on the screen for a few seconds longer if possible. Some of it was pretty dense.

Jimbo Picklefart
Jimbo Picklefart
13 days ago

I’m a fanboy, but I gotta give honest feedback. Similar to the previous modification to the Tactica format, I felt like this was a bit rushed and frantic. I’ve never been in a situation where I had to watch a battlereport in an hour, so the benefits of this condensed format are a bit lost on me. As others have said, these condensed/shortened formats take a away from your greatest (and unique) asset: your personalities. I did enjoy some of visual advancements, but even they were absolutely necessary. I believe this cliche applies here: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix… Read more »

Hrimfar
13 days ago

I really like this format. It’s a Nice change to the regular 2h+ shows! Keep upp the good work! ❤️

Jamess9
Jamess9
13 days ago

Hi guys, I was a bit critical of the experimental tactica 1 and I admit I was a bit sceptical of this concept at first, but having seen it I think you got the balance exactly right. The editing cut out the unnecessary bits but kept all the meat. It was really enjoyable and felt very similar to a normal bat rep. Thanks again for the amazing work 🙂

Leroy_Infinity
Leroy_Infinity
13 days ago

Controversial idea (please don’t hate me everyone) but couldn’t you guys film a battle and then edit it to be all of the formats? That way people could watch the format they prefer the most and you’d cater for all the different tastes and everyone could watch all the battle reports (if people don’t wanna watch a long arse tactica they won’t ever see that battle). It might mean some tweaking to the way you structure the filming but it could be a more efficient way of producing content.

Samuel Aster
Samuel Aster
13 days ago

will there be an analysis of the new harlequin rules?

BradyR
BradyR
14 days ago

Very nice! The new format worked well and had a good flow throughout the game. Looking forward to Deathguard 🦟 making an appearance in a Highlight battle report. 😀

Shane Smith
Shane Smith
14 days ago

I’ll still prefer your standard Battle Reports but this was great! Loved the explosions on the overheads. It’s the little things!

Arduil
Arduil
14 days ago

Love the new format 🙂 The explaining text between some of the phases is a great addition.

Unclefester89
Unclefester89
14 days ago

This was executed perfectly, and k enjoyed not immensely. I get why people want shorter reports but I would rather they were all 2 hours plus!

Studious Abandon
Studious Abandon
14 days ago

Great format, great match up! Keep it up guys!

Sergey_S
Sergey_S
14 days ago

Great format, I’d prefer this format over regular BR, which I also enjoy )

Evan Tomchin
Evan Tomchin
14 days ago

Just wanted to say that this format is perfectly finessed. Glad you guys were willing to experiment a bit – it’s definitely paid off. Looking forward to more of these, the longer tacticas and your usual long-form reports. So, pretty much all of your content. Cheers!

Pete
Pete
14 days ago

Nice addition to the other formats

Huw Tindall
Huw Tindall
14 days ago

Good format gents! Still plenty of banter and a wee bit of tactics but just in a shorter format. Assuming it’s not much more time consuming to produce then a worthy addition as some people just don’t have, or want, to spend 2 hours plus and a traditional battle report or tactica.

HereBeDragons&Bert
HereBeDragons&Bert
14 days ago

Good day to you sir, ah yes! A new member here, I’ve stumbled on your channel on youtube because I’ve recently started painting miniatures and I wanted to get some insight in the game. At first I couldn’t follow any of it, but the banter was top entertainment. The more I watched the more I wanted to see. Thanks to you, I’m really interested in the game and the combination of fun and “education” i can get on this channel is absolutely perfect! I really enjoy the normal battle report. The tactica reports are really interesting, especially with the new… Read more »

Marc Griggs
Marc Griggs
14 days ago

‘Twas fun! Pleased that it’s just in addition to the regular output. Even though it was enjoyable, I still much prefer the longer format with discussion on your lists (and arguing about who Lawrence can beat up in 40k of course!) along with in battle talk and extended banter.

Never shorten the most winning part of your formula – youse guys!

Adam
Adam
14 days ago

Thumbs up from me dudes.

Rus’el
Rus’el
14 days ago

Bravo Tabletop Tactics! 👏🏼 Such a well crafted format. You guys are really knocking it out of the park now. 👌🏼 I spent some time ‘researching’ other Battle Report channels, and whilst I did appreciate aspects of the other channels’ production, no one touches you guys. TT have (IMHO) the best quality content from the level of production to the gorgeous armies (all of which have their own character and story). But importantly, above all of that, TT has the best hosts. Never insipid or irritating, always humble and hilarious. This is the real game changer and USP that takes… Read more »

Cwak
Cwak
14 days ago

Some interesting things in the harlequins, no doubt you’ll do a voxcast on it. Curtain fall is very interesting but I feel that they are still lacking some things to give them reliability and flexibility: Still the only elite army that can’t get any kind of reroll (shooting) hits, auras or masque form. Flexibility, a weird one I know but listen, at str 4 bikes really can’t do much against anything toughness 8 or more. Unless you have a troupe master with them, as a foot slogger this is quite the restriction. If you look hard then in combat they… Read more »

RobFromFenris
RobFromFenris
14 days ago

GG boys! The mortal wound output is no joke! How do you think they’d match up against Knights? I think they would be very interesting

Outbrake
Outbrake
15 days ago

Great format! Personally i would prefer to hear the players go over their lists in the beginning (quickly), mainly focusing on Relics, Artifacts, and Warlord Traits (or other list highlights). If time gets short i think a list walk through is better than some dice rolling IMO. Much love TT team!!!

Optimisticpaint
Optimisticpaint
15 days ago

How was that only an hour? So much happened! The format is great, thanks for all your hard work guys.

Jordan Kleemaier
Jordan Kleemaier
15 days ago

love the new show format, for myself I’d love to see two of these a week lol but I understand with every other show you guys are doing that’s probably not going to happen xD

Bigj5274
Bigj5274
15 days ago

Love the format. Easy to follow the hard cuts are at a minimum witch make it flow better than the last short report. Only thing for me is when showcasing new rules armies/units it nice to have that pregame list rundown with the players or the preview vox cast yo have a better grasp of where and what the new stuff does

CMO
CMO
15 days ago

Excellent format to have alongside the longer reports. The main thing about the longer reports is the audience getting to know you guys as players and presenters, and the value of that you really can’t replace. I only buy into the short version because I feel like I’ve got some knowledge of who you are as players from the longer form reports. Just to echo others – the graphics, the birds eye view, the side bar comments and the way the shots of units moving were edited in really allows immersion into the game. Bonus points for how many times… Read more »

ROk
ROk
15 days ago

love the new format! nicely complements existing battle reports & tactica when i want a quick diversion.

one suggestion: it would be great to have some marker to indicate when models flee from table! seeing handful of green gretchen leave a green board from overhead was a bit difficult 🙂

Paul
Paul
15 days ago

Great work on the editing. Good amount of banter. Definite improvement over the last iteration.
Thanks for your hard work, team TT.
Surely you must be running low on time during the week to play games let alone film and edit them though?

Jack Whorton
Jack Whorton
15 days ago

Like it but obviously not to replace the full fat reports please! I like to watch while painting so the longer the better 🙂

Tarantoga
Tarantoga
15 days ago

i prefer the longer battle reports but you guys did a stunning job with this format. will be happy to watch them besides the normal format 🙂
thx for your great work guys!
ps: the latest tactica you did was the best format i ever saw and your narrative stuff is always great 🙂

baoluofu
baoluofu
15 days ago

Really liked this format. I would have no problem with this becoming the primary format for bat reps. Only thing I would say is that perhaps allow time for discussion before and after specifically when you are showcasing newly released rules.

William Osle
William Osle
15 days ago

I have ti say, WOW! You cleaned up and tweaked the format, and it runs smoothly. Great job, guys. I hope the editing was not too much of a nightmare. Also, shout out to Beard and Chef, hope madness has not set in.

WitchDoctor
WitchDoctor
15 days ago

If you had the usual banter at the start of this format, it would be the perfect Batrep… for me – but im all for more content either way

Churchward
Churchward
15 days ago

You have turned my Americano into an an Espresso and I love it. loads of info in the side bar, still lots of great interaction, and a win for the quins. Whats not to like. Well done chaps.

Captain_Valerius
Captain_Valerius
15 days ago

I really really like the new format! The top down camera addition has improved all formats, however, this one here benefits the most and makes it super easy to follow despite the condensed reporting.

Cheers and looking forward for the next one.

Brian Ellis
Brian Ellis
15 days ago

Love the format. Can actually feel the flow of the back and forth battle because it’s so uninterrupted and action-focused!

It felt a little bit like a race at the beginning, but soon calmed down a bit and it was glorious!

Matthew
Matthew
15 days ago

If I was not already subscribed, I would subscribe all over again for this format!

Cathal Mulvenna

Fantastic

TheSeekingOne
15 days ago

Ok guys, the updated Tactica format was 10/10 – this one is 11/10! Or maybe 20/10, I don’t know ) It’s just wonderful. First of all, those masterful cinematic inserts at the beginning of each turn, with brief glimpses of models being moved in Movement phase as well as occasional dramatic close-ups, HUGELY improve the overall feeling of being present at the game. I’d really recommend you to at least consider incorporating them into all other formats, even Tactica. I know they probably take crazy amounts of time to cut and edit, but imho they bring the visual experience to… Read more »

15 days ago

Fast, furious, and fun! Enjoyed the format, a Harlequin victory, and looking forward to more lunch-break watches 🙂

UseLess
UseLess
15 days ago

I liked the format, it worked very well! The info provided by Grotty was really good as it allowed for the pace of the filming to just continue. Minor point of feedback: you tended to often/only summarize failed charges and failed overwatch attempts in the charge phase. So when we were told that first 2 Troupes didn’t make it and then the third was rolled, it was kind of overly obvious this one would make it. Removed some of the excitement out of long distance charges (like the double 6 on the Solitaire). If you alternate between fails and successes… Read more »