Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report: Tyranids vs Tallarn 1500pts

Avatar Tabletop Tactics May 30, 202056  111 56 Likes

Steel plating clashes with chitinous armour in this classic match up!

Want even more Tabletop Tactics videos? Sign up for On Demand here: https://tabletoptactics.tv/membership-account/membership-levels/

The Army Lists are:

Tyranids

++ Battalion Detachment ++

Hive Fleet: Kronos

+ HQ +

Broodlord

Tervigon: Massive Scything Talons, Stinger Salvo

The Swarmlord: Warlord- Adaptive Physiology (below)

+ Troops +

15x Genestealer: Rending Claws

15x Genestealer: Rending Claws

28x Termagant: Fleshborers

+ Elites +

4x Hive Guard: Impaler Cannons

+ Heavy Support +

Exocrine: Adaptive Physiology: Voracious Ammunition

Exocrine

++ Total: 1,499pts ++

Tallarn

++ Battalion Detachment ++

Regimental Doctrine: Tallarn

+ HQ +

Company Commander: Warlord- Grand Strategist, Relic- Claw of the Desert Tigers, Plasma Pistol

Primaris Psyker: Force Stave, Laspistol

Rough Rider Sergeant: Hunting Lance, Chainsword, Laspistol
9x Rough Rider: Hunting Lance, Chainsword, Laspistol

++ Spearhead Detachment ++

Regimental Doctrine: Tallarn

+ HQ +

Company Commander: Chainsword, Laspistol

Tank Commander: Tank Ace- Slow and Purposeful, Executioner Plasma Cannon, Lascannon, 2x Plasma Cannons

+ Heavy Support +

3x Heavy Weapons Squad
Heavy Weapon Team: Lasgun, Missile launcher
Heavy Weapon Team: Lasgun, Missile launcher
Heavy Weapon Team: Lasgun, Missile launcher

3x Heavy Weapons Squad
3x Heavy Weapon Team: Missile launcher

3x Heavy Weapons Squad
3x Heavy Weapon Team: Autocannon

Leman Russ Battle Tank: Battle Cannon, 3x Heavy Bolter

++ Total: 1,500pts ++

Grouchoben
Grouchoben

A HIGH rate of LOLs, thanks Mr Spider & Mr Bone!

David Fullwood
David Fullwood

58:40 for Bone Plant

Jake 'FaultyOptics' Logan
Jake 'FaultyOptics' Logan

This might be way out there, but what if you ran the Tallarn as a Genestealer Cult? That way you could still use all your regular dudes, tanks are a-ok, have the option to sneak in a few converted characters, some awesome outflanking rules which would be quite fluffy for the Jackals, and best of all… The rough riders could be actual Jackals! (hell, the ogryn are abborants too, while we’re at it) Might be way too ‘counts as’ for the channel, but would work strangely well. Also I don’t think I’ve ever laughed as much as I did during… Read more »

MasterWis
MasterWis

The story of those 1500 pts game. BBone vs red gem dices ep 3

Daniel Southern
Daniel Southern

This was hilarious. The BBone plant would fit well in the garden of nurgle.

William Gann
William Gann

Excuse me BBone, your Slaaneshi corruption is showing.

joel silverberg
joel silverberg

That tongue zoom in was truly horrifying

Last edited 5 months ago by joel silverberg
Mljj89
Mljj89

Loved the batrep but makes me so sad to see how squishy Tyranids are without a Maleceptor, does TTT have one? and if not I’d love to donate one to the channel when things go back to normal just to see one be used in that awesome colour scheme.

Bonemaw
Bonemaw

This was just just great xD i love when BBone becomes a plant hahahaha

thejudge
thejudge

Wouldn’t it be nice if there was “Larry the Lictor” sneaking up behind these pesky Heavy Weapons Teams, charging them, beheading two of them and tagging the other squads so they cannot shoot the next round?

John Barber
John Barber

The jammiest thing about Lawrence is that he rolls stupidly high when he needs too (and even when he doesn’t) AND then has the temerity to roll LOW when he needs too as well (and even when he doesn’t).

Grimdark_Legends
Grimdark_Legends

A game developer once said, “the best games are ones that stay fun even when you lose.” When the games get lopsided you guys manage to get angry without pouting. I love it!

Andrew Davis
Andrew Davis

Bone has became one with the plants, the plants have become one with Bone!

Optimisticpaint
Optimisticpaint

You can tell the games Lawrence brings The Dice of the Spider.

SpiderDice.png
Andrew Johnson
Andrew Johnson

I’M BECOMING A PLANT!!!!

…THIS is the reason that you guys are my favorite channel to watch!

(Seriously, how the hell can you guys use the same dice and Spider roll so much better?!?!?!)

Vincent
Vincent

B-Bone “My scared, very scared Tyranid horde” –> What kind of Tyranids are you playing????

Vincent
Vincent

Can we write lists for you???

Nicholas Lucas
Nicholas Lucas

Honestly Bone, who doesn’t like your lost writing? That boggles my kind. There has been one MAYBE two lopsided games and one of those games a Brass Scorpion messed everything up how are people going to blame you for that? Keep doin you my dude ✊✊

Danny Fahy
Danny Fahy

3 minutes in, I really feel that it’s not fair that bone insists on writing the lists. The public gaslighting on Lawrence really is quite astounding to watch. Spider, I’m here if you need to talk.

Toohat
Toohat

Ok. Real talk here…..

Is there a set of rules for when you do:

Bah-bah-BAH-bah-BAAAAAAH

as opposed to:

Diddl-liddl-lididdl-deliddl?

Other than never leave a bro hanging….

Jacob MacGregor
Jacob MacGregor

Outstanding Battle report. you guys have been a great crew to watch and listen to through these weird times. Thanks!

moonalex17
moonalex17

B-Bone, I love you as a plant!

Nébal
Nébal

Sammy and Terry have such cool names, they should have a 2+ invulnerable.

benlampard
benlampard

This is great, but I am definitely starting to fear for your sanity!

Tobias Osterhaug
Tobias Osterhaug

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate you guys continuing to put out so much content. Don’t be afraid to take a break, we’ll all understand 🙂

Sgt. Ophaniel Drexus, 1st Legio Astartes
Sgt. Ophaniel Drexus, 1st Legio Astartes

Bone, I totally understand as Black Adder once said… Sometimes I believe that my path is strewn with cow pats from the devil’s own satanic herd.

I am with you…. as I used to say when I was a kid…. it’s not fair…not fair…not fair…. I am going out to the garden and eat some worms. Why I said this has been lost in the annals of time.

But good news … Covid-19 shelter in place is lifted in the UK today…..Hooray!

Serpent
Serpent

The huge Bullgryn shields are the 3+ ones, the small shields are the 4++ ones…

Anthony Polley
Anthony Polley

Long-time watcher, first-time poster. You guys are the best, and I absolutely love this channel. You’ve made this lockdown situation far more tolerable, and I love your videos. In a self-interest mode though, are Chaos Daemons on the horizon for your projects? I know you have Nurgle and Khorne units, but I don’t even see them very often. And of course if you added Slaanesh and Tzeentch, that’d be pretty sweet too…Thanks for all that you do!

Jonathan LaCross
Jonathan LaCross

Always fun to see the Tallarn on the battlefield! Bone, you are loved and we care for you! Spider, *bats on the hand* No! Bad villian!

Tilmann Quast
Tilmann Quast

Did you touch up the Tyranid force? The paintjobs look sharper or is it just the new camera setup?

Thank you very much for your hard work anyway!

Jon Wilson
Jon Wilson

Aw, Bone! I feel so sorry for you, man, playing against Ranald Lawrence and his blessed dice. But these battle reports are never better than they are when you’re having an absolutely terrible time. In a more enlightened age, of course, Lawrence would have long since been burnt at the stake by a mob of angry peasants for that kind of witchy dice-rolling. Excellent work as always chaps! Thanks very much for keeping it all going. As several kindly folk have said below, I’m sure no-one’s fussed if the schedule slips a bit so you fellas can have a rest.… Read more »

Jacob Holmström
Jacob Holmström

Brilliant show as always! Just a couple of things to think about for next Nid time: Exocrine: -There is a strat for moving and shooting as having been stationary, extremely useful. -The exocrine’s weapon beast rule does not ignore heavy weapon negative modifier when moving, that would be the tyrannofex’s bio tank rule. -They get plus one to hit when stationary, so it would hit on threes for the most time. -The new symbiostorm (extra hits on fives) spell is amazing when combined with the exocrine -Voracious ammo is nice, but I’d say Dermic symbiosis (5++ and count wounds twice… Read more »

Huw Tindall
Huw Tindall

Lockdown could quite possibly have taken the standard battle report banter to the next level. The new edits with close ups etc are gold. If anyone fast forwards to the actual batrep out of choice they have no soul.

Last edited 5 months ago by Huw Tindall
DavidM
DavidM

Poor bone. I see Spiders constant beating of the dice odds are starting to take their toll. Keep strong buddy ?
Don’t forget Exocrines get +1 to hit if they don’t move. You’d have got a few more hits in a couple of turns there.
Good fun report though. Enjoyed watching on a sunny Sunday afternoon. ?

The_Hog_Daddy
The_Hog_Daddy

Over the course of quarantine who would’ve thought Bone would break before Lawrance ?

Aaron Wilson
Aaron Wilson

Oh my god I’ve never laughed as much as I have. You two are actual comedy gold, though it seems to be at the cost of bones sanity. Thank you so much for keeping the content up durng this period, I quite like the 1500 games and if it works for you guys awesome 😀

Churchward
Churchward

Jeeeezzzz Bone Let Lawrence write the lists again! Stop hogging all the list writing goodness in your vegetable patch. My conspiracy theory is that you’re the big bad of the channel, a puppet master if you will and you secretly have a hold over poor old Lawrence. You’ve taken over the lists, you roll around in his lovely flower beds, you moved into his house what will you take next Bone what will you take next !!!!!!.

P.S The B in B, Bone stands for Baddy…. Obvs.

Zelun
Zelun

I’ve been in the “don’t let Lawrence write the lists ever again” camp since you started doing it Bone. That’s been because I genuinely think you writing both lists has resulted in an increase in quality of the channel. You have a great flair in creating interesting, balanced armies that result in a close and entertaining game. I don’t miss the days of the, “this is really quite a fluffy list” intro followed by an inexorable two turn tabling!

Jeremy Lee
Jeremy Lee

I know this might not be kosher but has Bone ever demanded that he uses Lawrence’s red dice for a game? Lol.

Aparach
Aparach

You may have lost the game Bone, but you have won our hearts <3

chaoticflanagan
chaoticflanagan

Bone, don’t forget your Exocrines if they don’t move get +1 to hit so they’d hit on 3s normally. You only missed 2 shots on that Hellhound 🙂

And against the Bullgryns, even with the Nightshroud power, would hit on 4s.

Gerald Cloud
Gerald Cloud

I AM ONE WITH THE PLANTS, I AM TURNIP!!! It sounds way more bad ass when you yell and channel that rage toward the spider.
So orks are fungus and tyranids are turnips, Bone has spoken, change my mind.

Philip Hargrave
Philip Hargrave

When you killed the primaris psyker with the stealers should have spent the stratagem for d3 cp

Nick Guthrie
Nick Guthrie

Hot take but Ben always seems to write lists that are actually super enjoyable to watch play each other

Bellchump
Bellchump

Poor Bone

Last edited 5 months ago by Bellchump
Mark
Mark

Any update on when the forum will be coming back?

Stefan Marmion
Stefan Marmion

The music stands to hold codices is genius.

Alex Andersson
Alex Andersson

Hey team 🙂 Haven’t been posting as much as usual lately, but still enjoying and watching all the batreps! You guys are doing phenomenal, but dont break your backs over this. Take it from someone who knows, working very long weeks over time can take It’s toll, and you might have to pay the price a lot later then you think. So do take care to reduce the work hours to more sustainble levels 🙂 I for one and looking forward to subbing to you guys for many more years to come. On a related note I think It’s very… Read more »

BradyR
BradyR

???. ??☠️??

Warsmith Magoo
Warsmith Magoo

B-Bone is my spirit animal. That is all!