Warhammer 40,000 Tactica Vox Cast: Grey Knights at the Bournemouth GT

Avatar Tabletop Tactics February 13, 202019  81 19 Likes

Spider sits down with Bone to discuss his recent outing with the Grey Knights at the first Major ITC event of the Season!

Want even more Tabletop Tactics videos? Sign up for On Demand here: https://tabletoptactics.tv/membership-account/membership-levels/

For custom high quality terrain: https://javelin-terrain.com

ZackAttack
ZackAttack

that eldar player should have moved his tanks up enough to deny you deep striking onto the middle objective under that archway, or making it so that youd have to expose them to deploy onto it

Robert Pickin
Robert Pickin

Nice work Spider! Love these analysis vids of tournaments you’ve been to by the way.

Huw Tindall
Huw Tindall

Is there a Tabletop Tactics trophy cabinet now?

Jack Burlison
Jack Burlison

Well done Lawrence! Would love to see a tactica matchup against a meta iron hands list!

George Fava
George Fava

absolutely fantastic work Lawrence!! really looking forward to watching how you do throughout the season with the hammers of titan.
this was a great format btw. loved how you broke down the matches and talked through the opponents and lists. very nice.

ALSO….when can we expect the 7th round grudge match vs Vik???? 🙂

War Womble
War Womble

Excellent, excellent work! Nicely done 😎

Muzzatroll
Muzzatroll

Congratulations! It’s a couple of my mates that run 40k Brawl. I taught them everything they know about running tournies! 😄 You should come to my next event, the theme even matches your army!

D J kiepura
D J kiepura

Congratulations good sir!

UseLess
UseLess

Congrats on the placing! I love these tournament reports, so the more the better. Keep ’em coming.

DObkeratops
DObkeratops

Thanks for the run down on the tournament play. Find this content really interesting and enjoyable 😀

Corruption
Corruption

Congrats Lawrence and well played! Could you enlighten us as to how you would adapt this list to play effectively at 1750 points, or even at 1500 for someone who is interested in building a Grey Knight list using this strategy?

Brian Rae

*Hums happily while dusting off units that haven’t seen the outside of their box since the start of 6th. Contemplates how this army list is the perfect army for new players in terms of financial investment, and yet distressing awful in the hands of new players. Pauses. Thinks: Hmmm. I’m not going to do anywhere near as well with the list as Lawrence. Shrugs. Thinks: What the Hell. I’ll take a 3/6 record at any tournament if it means I get to play my favorite faction again.* Fun (and completely irrelevant) Fact: I’ve been rocking Grey Knights since the first… Read more »

Wu1fie
Wu1fie

I also took note of the bro-capt. stern points difference and made that exact change in my 1750pts list. I’m really looking forward to seeing more of the HAMMERS OF TITAN! keep up the good work!

joseph woodland
joseph woodland

Lawrence, would you say then that when you throw your round two punch then that the best way to deal with it is to kill everything that isn’t the paladins, sure they will hurt but if you kill 5 strike teams instead of the paladins and 2 strike, just to re-establish board control

Jim Howard
Jim Howard

Spider do a tactica vs Iron hands with this list!

Gian-paolo Cassarino
Gian-paolo Cassarino

Fantastic spider I stared collecting again since 4th because I saw you playing GK from 2 years ago and followed you since, GK in now my main and I’d love to see a list of this so I can try running it. Fantastic score and run down of it 😀 keep up the great work and can’t wait for you to top the faction board for this fantastic army

Daniel Davis
Daniel Davis

Congratulations Lawrence I’m happy to see that the grey knights have some teeth once more. I started playing grey knight because of you guys and they are fun to play now they’ll are fun but deadly! Keep up the good work guys

patrick logan
patrick logan

great to hear the debrief i was one of the 4 / 5 who knew nothing fantastic job. Fills me with pride to be a tbt subscriber its proper life affiming to not only talk the talk but also nail the walk ! Youll always be joint first in my eyes

Nathanael Macdonald
Nathanael Macdonald

Another plea to make these Into podcasts so we can drive/run/commute and listen to them please!

Jamess9
Jamess9

Hi Lawrence, massive congrats on your amazing success. I’ve been following your GK quest for a long time and am super stoked to see you succeed with them. Thanks also for the fantastic content (as usual) and I really like these tournament reports. 🙂

Andrew Davis
Andrew Davis

Congrats on the wins! Looking forward to see how you evolve the list as the meta will inevitable shift as more PA books come out.

Dale Campbell
Dale Campbell

Great review, thankyou for the amazing game. I definitely went first haha however I wish I hadn’t, should if let you come to me. Look forward to a rematch in the future.
Just remember Orks is never beaten, we will be back again to fight another day

Wojciech Grabowski
Wojciech Grabowski

Congrats on tournament, solid victories, Emperor is proud of you, he actually slightly moved during your game against James.
Should invite James to studio for rematch and Vic for final shadow round, true finalls! Right now his victory is not final, its hard to call it true victory…
Keep Crushing!!!

Kbarnes2
Kbarnes2

If you swap out the captain for stern, you can swap out the apothecary for a brotherhood ancient (although he wouldn’t be able to take the falchion) but that would be 2k on the nose

Michael 'The Scorpion'
Michael 'The Scorpion'

The famous ‘red gem dice’ were no doubt used for the seize in the final game! Great job 6-0 with Grey Knights!
I’d love to see this list matched up against Iron Hands and Tau in two separate Tactica reports. I’d happily watch 2-3 Grey Knights Tacticas to see how this meta busting list performs!

Krezzlar

Congrats Spider, nice breakdown, blah blah, yadda, yadda. The real question I need answered is how long has Bone been practicing that Beard impression???

Gerald Cloud
Gerald Cloud

Great job Spider and congrats! Bone just surprise him for the tactica and play iron hands.

Tropic Thunder
Tropic Thunder

Congrats, Lawrence. Well done!

I think a strong counter to your GK army would be an Alpha Strike Blood Angels list. Their built-in 6+ FNP coupled with a Librarian and named Psykers would help mitigate the Smite spam you can put out. How would you cope with that kind of aggression?

SappyCamper
SappyCamper

I think this means you better make LVO 2021! Your reputation will need to be defended

SappyCamper
SappyCamper

Well done Lawrence!

Sean Starr
Sean Starr

Very nice

Creative Name
Creative Name

I aspire to be a player like the Spider: a player who wants to play a good competitive game but still remain true to the fluff. Congrats well deserved

Andrew Johnson
Andrew Johnson

I would love to see a Tactica Game versus the Toga! I’m trying to wrap my head around a hard counter with the Greater Good, I’ve come up with few ideas but can’t quite see how to surmount this list of GK’s (not counting the insane dice rolls Lawrence usually produces).

Congrats on your (rusty) weekend, Mr. Spider!!

Bethany Taylor
Bethany Taylor

Well done Lawrence on the win and it is a cracking list hopefully I’ll get to see it in April more then likely die to it as I have daemons haha xD

Horst
Horst

Lawrence, in every game it seems you’re very, very aggressive with your Paladins. I’m curious if you ever considered just being more cautious with them? On paper, it seems like you could just cast Astral Aim on your Psycannon paladins and fire out of terrain, and on the other Paladins you could Gate them forward, fire the storm bolters, and then cast the shoot and move power to move into another building, so you don’t take any return fire at all. Granted, this assumes you have 2 buildings you could use, but in theory it looks like you could basically… Read more »

Princeps Augustus
Princeps Augustus

And he seizes the initiative… how rude… XD

Congrats, Lawrence!
As always an awesome voxcast…. Looking forward to see the next entries in this serie, too!

Jiankun Dong
Jiankun Dong

Congrats! About the T’au vs GK game, would BBone consider bringing 3 128 stormsurges for that 36 mortals on hit? Sure he’ll kill many of your screening units on turn 1, but then with marker lights you’ll be hitting on 2s and rerolling 1s with flat 3 mortal missiles. And 128s are not bad killing strike teams either. I’d also consider bringing early warning override, since you know they are coming down and charge you. Honestly all the other conventional weapons T’au has doesn’t do that great against GK. Maybe with the volume of fire of the 88s (maybe take… Read more »

ProsperosMemory
ProsperosMemory

Congrats Lawrence! Love when you guys do vox casts!
BBone, as you know your drones can FNP against the shooting, I think you can give it a good go man, I am really excited to see your ultimate tau list against the grey knights

nairul
nairul

Thanks for this rundown! I’m about halfway through, so forgive me if you already answer these questions towards the end. 1) Didn’t it hurt not having Draigo’s reroll aura? Did you find Ethereal Manipulation was a working substitute for Draigo’s aura? 2) Do you think a 10-man Terminator or Strike Squad would work as well in place of your 2nd Paladin bomb? They’d have the same shooting output. It sounds like your further-back Paladin unit never got too much attention from the opponent’s firepower, so I’m wondering if you could cut corners by downgrading their survivability but maintaining a 10-man… Read more »

Alex
Alex

Damn you Lawrence being number 1 Grey knight player. I’ll just have to surpass you at SN’s GT 🙂

William Osle
William Osle

Great job Spider! Bringing the GK back into the public eye in STYLE!