Astra Militarum vs Tyranids 4000pts Multiplayer Game! | Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report

Avatar The Chef July 31, 202167  108 67 Likes

YouTube video

It’s Katie’s debut on Freeview and with a mighty horde of Tyranids (and the Spider), can they breach the steel legions of the Imperial Guard as Chef and Beard set out to defend the planet Draconia?!

00:00 Intro

01:27 Mission

02:38 Game Start

04:03 Game

2:12:02 What you having for dinner tonight Beard?

🦠 Details on how we are keeping safe with our new COVID-19 working methods

🎥 Want even more Tabletop Tactics videos? Check out our website and sign up for On Demand!

🏆 Make sure to follow along with the League Rankings and even more gameplay stats here!

(Spoiler Warning! The Rankings are updated with every release so don’t read it until you’ve watched the game!)

🎲 Like to roll in style? Tabletop Tactics Merchandise

🛒 For all your hobby and gaming needs, visit Tabletop Tactics’ sponsors Element Games

🗺 Game Mats provided by gamemat.eu

🎨 For professional miniature painting commissions see Siege Studios

The Army Lists are:

4000pts long and complicated, it’s a multiplayer game BAABBBYYY – Beard

Alex Gess
Alex Gess

How do you do an astra militarum warband with an inquisitor and so many assassin’s? Is it using the specific assassinorum detachment with the inquisitor taking up an imperial ally slot?

Ted
Ted

That was incredible! What a game! Love watching the Guard do what they do best and HOLD THE LINE!

Andrew Macdonald
Andrew Macdonald

Great battle report! Though I must ask.. does objective based games ever somewhat bore you compared to annihilate everything ones? An army such as tyranids should just be holding back going gun to gun against the guard! They should be always moving forward to absorb more biomass and kill for the hive Queen!

Bjornen
Bjornen

Great game! @Katie, well done! This seems to be more you. More relaxed, nicer and funny – this was much better than the first games with the sometimes mean comments. Just be you. 🙂

Adrián Perez Martínez
Adrián Perez Martínez

Omg I’m still laughing at this one, so many epic moments difficult to pick one!
Btw i love Jinx! That a well earned nickname hahahha

SchnitzelHip
SchnitzelHip

Amazing report, awesome banter over the table. Really really enjoyed this. C O N S U M E

ubbsy
ubbsy

This was the funniest report this edition. I was laughing and cheering all game. Jinx better stick!

Philip Brown
Philip Brown

Top notch report.
With all your language language tomfoolery ( I watched so much TT that now I find myself constantly rearranging the order of the names of almost everything, the wife “loves” it); props to Katie for uttering my absolute favorite British saying – “I need to have a lie down” sp?.
Well done all, Katie is an excellent addition to an already phenomenal team.
Thank you!

Worldspawn
Worldspawn

Are Jinx and Beard related?

laurence senter
laurence senter

DOOOOOOOMBAR

Michael Whiffin
Michael Whiffin

Welcome to the crew Jinx. Its official, you can’t get rid of it. Out of curiosity why did Beard not overwatch the swarmlord….with a punisher tank with what appeared to be 3 heavy flamers? Think it would be have been a fun way to spend 2 cp to hit on 5s 😀

Brawny Starfish
Brawny Starfish

Incredible game and incredibly entertaining. One of my favorite presentations in the recent past. Glad to see Jinx finding her groove.

Jack Whorton
Jack Whorton

Not even all the way through but this game is great. Shows that the more people the better. Like the return to 3 person setup has been great, this is even better. Proper 40k.

Sam Reed
Sam Reed

Another cracker – lovely to see the team pinging off each other – looked like alot of fun.

Particularly the Doombar and Dirty Burger.

Daniel Wright
Daniel Wright

This was great, although with 4 players it’s sometimes hard to catch what anyone is saying at times! Beard cracks me up so many times every battle he’s involved in (his narrating on the Tau Vs Nids match was excellent too!), and the end-credits clip is pretty special! It’s good to know that there is still comedy gold to be mined, even without Bone. Nice to see the Baneblade finally power up and kill some stuff too. Moment of the game has to be Nork headbutting a Genestealer to death – best use of a CP I’ve seen! Nice work… Read more »

Vaske_bjarke
Vaske_bjarke

@Katie
I like the throwing technique

Matthew Percy
Matthew Percy

As I Tyranid player, I feel slightly vindicated watching Lawrence get more and more annoyed at the Tyranids lack of any strengths. Culmanating with a “WHAT ARE WE GOOD AT?!”

Simon Cooper
Simon Cooper

Corrrr that was well funny to watch and I’m loving the new comedy duo of Beard and Chef.

Huw Tindall
Huw Tindall

Two hoardy armies @4000 points = deployment zones not big enough to fit the armies!

Jamie sherrard
Jamie sherrard

I for one love the 2v2 style. I hope it becomes a semi regular thing ☺️

Samuel
Samuel

Love the 4 players games, fantastic job guys!!!

Bryan
Bryan

This style of game I love, I hope you are able to do more of these in the future. Really enjoyable to watch. Didn’t think it could get any better, then you added the clip of Beards burger dance at the end!😂 Thanks guys.

Aparach
Aparach

Holy cowbug, what an epic game! Gotta say that the synergy between Katie and the rest was excellent in this one. Also, the Jinx is a pretty cool nick for someone that messing with minds all the time

joshua Ivy
joshua Ivy

Im really enjoying the large point epic games. Especially when each commander is taking 2,000 points of different factions that are on the same side. For next game Tyranids and the Cult, vs Astra Milatarum and Sisters/Marines/Custodes or Admech would be awesome.

UseLess
UseLess

Fantastic game! I’m definitely in for more of these bigger games. They are top notch entertainment! And yes, Jinx will be the nickname for Katie henceforth.

Daniel Sandsjö
Daniel Sandsjö

Epic game guys! Really enjoyed this! Katies nickname should be JINX!

And I hope Beard got is burger haha 😉

James Foster
James Foster

I thought you said you didn’t get any GT footage, Katie’s rolling was the visual representation of Spider’s round 6 game at Gibraltar 😀 too soon?! All in good jest.

Thanks for the great fun battle report – Nork Deddog headbutting a genestealer to death was a true celebratory laugh out loud moment.

Framfram
Framfram

Brilliant to see the nids how they should look, a horde charging forward.

Very funny and entertaining barrel guys!

Jon Vaughan
Jon Vaughan

half way thru am loving it guys girls and reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eddy. Awesome game !!

Cynical
Cynical

I love these larger games but beard please put your basilisks around the right way

Figaroose
Figaroose

Dirty burger for meeee! 😂

Caleb Wood
Caleb Wood

That was fantastic, edge of the seat stuff! One of the best batreps I’ve seen in a while – from the game to the team chemistry it all came together so well! Congrats!

Jack Kypreos
Jack Kypreos

That roll for the 6 reminded me of the glorious save bone did for Kharn. Stop, pause, breathe, bam!!

Tyler Carrillo
Tyler Carrillo

When are you guys going to play a real apocalypse battle?

Adam Imeson
Adam Imeson

Love the large point games with standard 40K rules never like the apocalypse rules fantastic team ups hope we get to see more of the Spider Queen vs the Bearded Chef!

Dan Hubbell
Dan Hubbell

Why didn’t y’all do an onslaught game?

Wael Riad
Wael Riad

I was watching on YouTube what an epic game, that was the best BR I have ever seen, I thought the gard would win 🏆 with all that epic rolling 👏😎. @hive Queen 👸, I think the best players are the ones that role bad as they have to depend on thier game play not thier luck. @chef, the editing is on point 👍. @spider, let’s make 4000 point game on Christmas 🎄 🤣. @Beard, did you get feedback regarding my Idea 💡, to have 3 votes each week on which army to fight and let the community decide? I… Read more »

Churchward
Churchward

It was worth watching until the very end! Who doesn’t love a dirty burger and a Doombar, I hope you do the dance when your ordering beard!

Cassteel
Cassteel

This was AWESOME!! Please do more of these!
I think Jinx is a GREAT! nickname for Katie! 🙂 It has my vote!

HereBeDragonsAndBert
HereBeDragonsAndBert

Yeassss! More carnage! More epicness!

rynar
rynar

#I love you Sarge… gave me starcraft flashbacks 🙂
Good game Gents and Jinx 😉

Gernot Hinterhofer-Kober
Gernot Hinterhofer-Kober

It seems Katie is truly inheriting Bones Dice Skills

Stuart Dickson
Stuart Dickson

Highdaegger is the freaking best!!! Please do a crusade with him as a character, voiced by none other than beard ofcourse. Really love these epic games, would love to see these sprinkled in once a month or so.

David Treen
David Treen

I was grinning the whole time, great game and crew! Thanks!

Harley Stevens
Harley Stevens

You have to go with jynx

Adam Imeson
Adam Imeson

The Jericho maneuver!!!

Wil Sterling
Wil Sterling

More than anything else it’s the chemistry between this cast that keeps me coming back. Katie, you’re fitting right in already and it’s a joy to see you already matching the lunacy of the resident yahoos.

I know games like this are a logistical and resource nightmare to produce, but this was one of the best TTT batreps. Please consider trotting this format back out now and then.

Jared Bonter
Jared Bonter

Great game! Love these larger points game as a splash here and there. Reposting from Instagram but I vote no for “Jynx” and vote yes for “Lady Luck”.

Stuart Hay
Stuart Hay

Jinx! I love it!

PunchieCWG
PunchieCWG

Rerolling a one to a one is just… the worst, CaptainHoltGif . That being said the reactions were so funny.