*NEW CODEX* Chaos Space Marines vs Astra Militarum | Warhammer 40k Battle Report

Avatar The Beard May 11, 202471  24 71 Likes

YouTube video

Servants of Chaos rejoice as the Dark Gods have blessed us with a brand new Chaos Space Marine Codex! First order of business – the Black Legion face off against the Astra Militarum in a recreation of the fall of Cadia!

🎥 Want even more Tabletop Tactics videos? Check out our website and sign up for On Demand!

📱 Download our App for videos on the go, or to take part in the League! Available on Android and iOS

🎲 Like to roll in style? Tabletop Tactics Merchandise

🛒 For all your hobby and gaming needs, visit Tabletop Tactics’ sponsors Element Games

🎵 Music is licensed from their respective Artists at Premium Beat

📝 Be sure to watch the video for the players’ Army Lists

Khree
Khree
3 days ago

Doesn’t the Baneblade have 4 lascannons?..or am I just a confused old man that remember things wrong?

Kyle Roach-Smith
5 days ago

This was a really fun report to watch! You guys looked like you were enjoying yourselves so much!

Adam Duncton
Adam Duncton
5 days ago

Abba-DON…. Or “a bad ‘un” because he’s … well… a bad un ain’t he!?

Alexander Campbell
Alexander Campbell
6 days ago

You guys a great! I played 40k back 4th and 5th edition and loved it. I haven’t played it in years but you guys certainly made me want to play it again. I was wondering if you guys could do a painting tutorial of the Demon Prince model you used in this battle, because it’s stunning and i would love to paint that model, with that style. Shout out to Fletcher!

Joe Riddiford
Joe Riddiford
6 days ago

I felt for you Bard in that first turn. That shooting dice rolling was painful to watch! 😂

Bob Whatever
Bob Whatever
6 days ago

Please paint up Lord Solar so Bard can run a decent set of orders.. he’s the only source of decent orders for tanks this edition

Giuseppe Muratori
Giuseppe Muratori
6 days ago

The paint job on that demon Prince is amazing!!!!!

John Hayes
John Hayes
6 days ago

I love watching everyone play on tabletop tactics, but I do have to say beard and bard have some of the best on screen chemistry, you guys are great.
Keep up the amazing work.

PunchieCWG
Lodge Member
7 days ago

two things…
First: I want the soundbite of beard saying “Eat my las!” (it’s around the 10 minute mark)… New notification sound for the app maybe? 😀
Second: The cheeky laugh track on “Abba-Dabba-Don’t worry about it” made me laugh pretty hard.

TheGeekary
TheGeekary
7 days ago

It’s all about the Cow-tipping, awesome batrep.
The fun Beard was having was so powerful is could be felt out of my screen.
And that Daemon Prince is AMAZING!!!!!
Any chance Fletcher could share some of the wizardry he used for that glow emanating from his face holes

Colin Clarke
Colin Clarke
7 days ago

Well done on saying abbadon correctly joe

Hi Im Fluffyy
7 days ago

Thats no Hellhound, ITS A DEVILDOG. KEEP THE VARIANTS ALIVE

the_Scriv
Lodge Member
the_Scriv
7 days ago

Beard and Bard are so fun to watch. You guys are awesome. Thanks for the great content!

Romer
Romer
7 days ago

Mentioned this before but overwatch doesn’t trigger born soldiers Bard. You have to remain stationary which is a choice that can only be made in your turn.(look at remain stationary in the movement section). Great to see both Guard and new chaos on the table though!
Edit: Also the LRBT can reroll 1s or all hits with all the weapons, not just the cannon.

Last edited 7 days ago by Romer
Wolf
Wolf
7 days ago

Great report! can’t wait to see what other detachments you play with

Last edited 3 days ago by Wolf
Beau Huval
Beau Huval
7 days ago

This game was truly great and further, the jokes really hit. I laughed a lot. Great stuff folks thanks.

King In Yellow
7 days ago

Cadia broke before the Guard did!!!

James Patterson
7 days ago

Looking forward to this one. Hopefully will get to watch it here in a bit.

Quick question…I know those basilisks have been around a long time. Where did y’all source the sandbags? I like the look of those.

John Barber
Lifetime Member
7 days ago

What a great game, although all I can really see as a criticism (and it’s not really one of those) is that Havocs are tougher than the regular Marine, and well, are T5. Unless those Rough Riders of Tallarn(!) have some super horsies that are S5, I find it unlikely that they are wounding Havocs, in melee, on 4’s. lol Great to see the new Dex in action, but it’s also great to see the Guard able to trade so effectively with this new dex too, so it’s good to see that GW haven’t gone too crazy I think with… Read more »

Ian Dodds
Ian Dodds
8 days ago

Looking forward to this! Me and my mate played a very similar game on Wednesday with all tanks Vs all Terminators (and Abaddon).. it ended up being a bit one sided in the guard’s favour so maybe we should adapt it to this.

Kyle Mackenzie
Kyle Mackenzie
8 days ago

New csm looks fantastic. 7/8 detachments are competatively viable and all of the detachments are really fluffy

Thomas Azula