Studio Update: COVID-19 New Working Methods | Tabletop Tactics Backstage

Avatar Tabletop Tactics June 23, 2020149  191 149 Likes

Lawrence explains the Studio’s new COVID-secure working methods. Guidance has been taken from the following published advice laid out by the UK Government and industry experts (links below):

British Film Commission: Working Safely during COVID-19 in Film and High-End TV Drama Production

TV Production Guidance published by PACT (the trade association for independent production companies): Managing the Risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Production Making

UK Government: Working Safely During Coronavirus (COVID-19)

UK Government: Working Safely During Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Offices and Contact Centres

Auldare
Auldare

I am happy to see the dropping of gloves. They can be a false sense of security, it is much more advisable to wash your hands regularly, you will be surprised how much you subconsciously touch your face. I will have to finish watching this video before I say anything redundant heh.

Will Burch
Will Burch

As much as we appreciate the effort this is all a crock of shit. Rolling dice on the table and having to see interactions from across the room sucks. However I know you have to do what you have to in order to keep the ball rolliny. Thanks for keeping on keeping on.

Voytek
Voytek

Little Ork King: do you know who is responsible for Coronapocalispse?

CrispyFrogLegs
CrispyFrogLegs

I mean, I appreciate you guys taking the matter serious, but I feel it’s a bit overboard and unnecessary. I would have never expected you guys to do all this for my approval. I hope your fans aren’t giving you guys a hard time about being Covid friendly. If you all are hunkering down for the past months and none of you have it, you’re not going to spread it to one another. Hey, if it makes all of you feel safer, then by all means. I guess I just dont understand the overly cautious approach. Like, you’ve been around… Read more »

Last edited 10 months ago by CrispyFrogLegs
Jamie
Jamie

Thanks for making the effort. It really is much appreciated. Thank you.

Val Peterson
Val Peterson

Thanks for explaining the new processes. You’ve done a great hob keeping the channel going during all of this cluster, and I cannot express how much I appreciate all your efforts. You all rock!

Hellios
Hellios

It’s no easy feat making this work in a contained place of work. Spent 3 weeks making things ready for my team of legends at work and it’s totally worth it. Leading from the front Lawrence! Great stuff.

Jitswithhits
Jitswithhits

Really appreciate the update chaps.The great content you guys produce has definitely helped keep me sane during this ongoing pandemic. Stay safe guys and thank you for all that you do.

WaaaaghRizor
WaaaaghRizor

Thank you for the updates. I am happy you and Bone get a little back up (I imagine mentally you are on wits end). Most importantly, glad you are all safe.

Baron Sathonyx
Baron Sathonyx

Thank you for the update.Amazes me that this update is more concise and professional than most governmental broadcasts we have seen through this crisis. While I am super happy to have Chef and Beard back I am going to miss Spider being on camera. I know you’re not going anywhere but thoroughly enjoyed the lockdown content. I wouldn’t worry too much about Bone’s sanity – he didn’t have much to begin with!!!! The safety procedures sound great, the intro in the first bat rep was well done (I did miss the banter between the players but won’t complain since it’s… Read more »

Gavin Crane
Gavin Crane

Im sure what ever you guys do to make it work it will be golden. Miss cast of Players but im sure it will be worth the wait to see what comes next…. mabi a final insanity point haha ?.
Stay safe and all the best.

Ben H
Ben H

Really good to see so much thought going into making sure everyone is safe. Looking forward to seeing what comes out. Also yay dice trays!

Andrew Davis
Andrew Davis

Best of luck guys. I hope bone and yourself use this as a good chance to get some well deserved rest!

Sinister_Raz19
Sinister_Raz19

Good luck fella’s! It will be great to see everyone back and see the garden grow.

Bonemaw
Bonemaw

I think Lawrence should do Public Government announcements for the nation.

Russ Vasey
Russ Vasey

Super professional as ever, Thanks for the update. Great to hear you can get the guys back and do it safely. I’m almost saddened by the news of dice trays. The spiders rolls shouldn’t be shackled by a tray, They should fly free all over the board like majestic bison roaming a Montana prairie, flock and opponents models be damned. Dice need to travel at least 7inches in order to reach their maximum Luck threshold it’s a fact people.

Francisco Michels
Francisco Michels

thanks for the update, good luck moving forward with the adjustments to the studio.

bart wasteels
bart wasteels

Part of my job now is to check if companies are following the coronarules in my country. I’m excited to see how you guys will adapt.

Keep up the good work

David Mastall
David Mastall

Thanks for the update. You created really awesome content during lockdown and you should be proud of yourself for that. Well done guys.

Ian Sharma-Cook
Ian Sharma-Cook

Great update! Glad you can all keep safe and still produce such excellent content!

David McGeever
David McGeever

Great stuff. I’m sure this has been a huge undertaking of your time to get the work environment Covid secure, all alongside doing the “normal” day job! It’ll be good to see the wider team.

Starkiller
Starkiller

Fantastic to hear labs! Glad that you two are going to get some relief from The increased workload. Can’t wait to see those dice trays in action, LOL

superallumette
superallumette

This is amazing that you put such efforts to keep providing us your unvaluable content. Please continue to take this crisis seriously and take all necessary security measures to protect yourselves and thank you so much for keeping the show going on !

Stephen Carter
Stephen Carter

Fair play to you all. Very professional. Stay safe all of you

rorybc
rorybc

:–)

Rus’el
Rus’el

Professional as ever. Well done TT Team!

Hamnurgler
Hamnurgler

Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication, especially these past few months. It’s been a godsend in helping to retain a bit of my ever-dwindling sanity. Happy to hear you will have some relief coming shortly. You are all awesome!

tim whitney
tim whitney

Thanks to you and your team. Just curious were you reading that off a teleprompter? Good practice for future world domination plans ?

LiamTyson
LiamTyson

Thank you for updates it is great to see the Chef and Beard back soon. Keep up the fantastic job thought lock down guys. You guys have saved my sanity. Keep up the great job guys. P.S say hi to Grotty from me.

Mumb
Mumb

Thank you for informing us! Great job as always. Nice, clear presentation while keeping that Tabletop Tactics feel. Keep up the great work, guys!

Ralldis
Ralldis

kings

Simon Horrocks
Simon Horrocks

nice one lads, professionalism levels high

Ralle Reloaded
Ralle Reloaded

“Thank you for your time”???
Thank you for your WORK!

doKtor_kALT
doKtor_kALT

jake rowsell
jake rowsell

Good to see you are prioritising safety, hopefully nobody gets sick and the precautions aren’t necessary!

Chris Coleman
Chris Coleman

Well done guys. Keep the windows open 🙂

Brendan
Brendan

Who gets the Clowns? Bone or Spider? Can we do a live stream “draft” like US sports do for new players? An army draft would be pretty funny

Double 1s
Double 1s

You are all great, thanks for sharing your passion for the game with us during this challenging time. Heroic.

Paul Ditchburn
Paul Ditchburn

You and Bone have been doing a great job at keeping us hungry fans fed with content and are just glad you are all safe and doing well. It will be great to see chef and Beard back as well. 🙂

AquitaineUA
AquitaineUA

you are great!

Jack Whorton
Jack Whorton

Nice one guys!

geord88
geord88

“We’ll be dividing up the armies, codex and dice”
You should have a draft!

Reece West
Reece West

Guys thank you so much for all your hard work you guys have been incredible! Time to take a week of i think Laurence and Bone!!

Modulus
Modulus

Just when I think you’re at the top of your production game, you step it up a notch and produce a vid like this. Your dedication to the welbeing of the crew and your determination to produce content for your fans make you a credit to your industry. Thank you.

Aparach
Aparach

The enormous effort you have put down in these extraordinary times have not gone by unseen and you have earned your fair bit of rest. I think I speak for many when I say that you really have been some 40k troopers and dug deep to deliver your content under extreme conditions. I salute you!

DanDee
DanDee

You’ve both provided such genuine fun filled entertainment throughout the lockdown and its been fantastic to have laughter and good gameplay throughout. Great job guys!

Ross Patrick
Ross Patrick

Lawrence and Bone deserve medals for the amount of work they’ve put in during lockdown…
And Mrs Spider definitely deserves multiple medals for having put up with them both together for so long!

Richard Babbage
Richard Babbage

Can’t fault any of that and can’t thank you guys for the shows you have put out.I think you and Bones need a break asap and let Beard and Chef take the reins for abit. Even just a week.
Massive WELL DONE and THANKS for all your hard work.

Swires.in.miniature
Swires.in.miniature

‘None of Beard’s technology works’ made my afternoon.
Stay safe guys, looking forward to it and appreciate the update!

connor dominey