Deathwatch vs Tyranids 2000pts | Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report

Avatar The Chef May 1, 202160  56 60 Likes

YouTube video

It’s a bug hunt as Beard brings out some new units for the Deathwatch, but will Bone and the Hive Mind adapt quick enough to deal with these new foes?!

🦠 Details on how we are keeping safe with our new COVID-19 working methods

🎥 Want even more Tabletop Tactics videos? Check out our website and sign up for On Demand!

🎲 Like to roll in style? Tabletop Tactics Merchandise

🛒 For all your hobby and gaming needs, visit Tabletop Tactics’ sponsors Element Games

🗺 Game Mats provided by gamemat.eu

🎨 For professional miniature painting commissions see Siege Studios

The Army Lists are:

Deathwatch

++ Battalion Detachment ++

+ HQ +

Chaplain: Chapter Command: Master of Sanctity, Inferno pistol, Jump Pack, Litany of Hate, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter

Lieutenants
Lieutenant: Jump Pack, Master-crafted boltgun, Power sword, The Beacon Angelis
Primaris Lieutenant: Dominus Aegis
Neo-volkite pistol, Master-crafter power sword and Storm Shield: Neo-volkite pistol

Primaris Captain: 1. Vigilance Incarnate, Warlord
Heavy bolt pistol, Master-crafted power sword and Relic shield: Master-crafted power sword, Relic Shield

+ Troops +

Fortis Kill Team
4x Hellblaster w/ Assault plasma incinerator: 4x Assault Plasma Incinerator, 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
Intercessor Sergeant: Auto Bolt Rifle
4x Intercessor w/ Auto Bolt Rifle: 4x Auto Bolt Rifle, 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
Outrider

Fortis Kill Team
Intercessor Sergeant: Auto Bolt Rifle
5x Outrider: 5x Astartes Chainsword, 5x Frag & Krak grenades, 5x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 5x Twin Bolt rifle

Proteus Kill Team
Deathwatch Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Power fist
Cyclone missile launcher and Storm bolter: Cyclone missile launcher
Deathwatch Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Power fist
Cyclone missile launcher and Storm bolter: Cyclone missile launcher
Deathwatch Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Power fist
Cyclone missile launcher and Storm bolter: Cyclone missile launcher
Deathwatch Veteran: Deathwatch Boltgun, Storm shield
Deathwatch Veteran: Deathwatch Boltgun, Storm shield
Deathwatch Veteran: Deathwatch Boltgun, Storm shield
Deathwatch Veteran: Deathwatch Boltgun, Storm shield
Watch Sergeant: Deathwatch Boltgun, Storm shield

+ Elites +

Redemptor Dreadnought: 2x Storm Bolters, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Redemptor Dreadnought: 2x Storm Bolters, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Eradicator Squad: Melta rifle
2x Eradicator: 2x Bolt pistol
Eradicator Sgt

Eradicator Squad: Melta rifle
2x Eradicator: 2x Bolt pistol
Eradicator Sgt

++ Total: 1,996pts ++

Tyranids

++ Eaten by Bone, he was getting in character ++

Uddhava
Uddhava

couple minutes in, I find the constant scorecard pretty distracting. Makes my eyes constantly move to the side of the screen to see if something changed. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited 2 months ago by Uddhava
Lewis Elmes
Lewis Elmes

What a battle!! Amazing!

tim whitney
tim whitney

Great game. Those death watch are looking very fine Beard 💀 👀 ❤

D J kiepura
D J kiepura

Sweet bat rep. Did not expect this result. Wanted to send bone a dust pan first half of the game lol. Cheerio fellas!!

Rannok
Rannok

5 points to Sanga for the gravitas he brings to the intros

JDR_thats_me
JDR_thats_me

Sick game. Very entertaining. Good job

Jon Wilson
Jon Wilson

Really enjoyed that, thanks very much chaps! Good to see the ‘nids make an appearance. I quite like the idea of them as a third army, but we’ll see what the new codex looks like, whenever the hell that happens. It’ll be a valuable piece of research, testing the age-old question “how much expensively-shaped plastic can I fill our house with, before my wife finally snaps and bludgeons me to death?”.

War Womble
War Womble

Fantastic game!!

USS Sylvester
USS Sylvester

Great Game love watching it and great to see Deathwatch come out and play and bones and beard need someone to give them luck for dice rolls so many ones lol xD

Dusty Macdonald
Dusty Macdonald

Right at the end making that wound rolls for hive guard Vs contempor Bone looked like his hands were shaking with excitement! Quite the nail biter! Well played guys!!

Regarding the score card. I prefer it popping in and out. Although it wouldn’t stop me watching the videos either way.

Sean Baxendale
Sean Baxendale

Dont like the scorecard, it doesnt add anything. I preferred it when it pops up when it changes

CMO
CMO

Really enjoyed this. Recently fell out with 40k to some extent, but this gives me hope that there can be good, exciting, fun games.

I like the score card at the side – I think 9th edition is less immersive in the story of what’s going on (aside from Crusade games), so the score card helps keep me engaged with what’s at stake.

Daniel Sandsjö
Daniel Sandsjö

Great game guys! I don’t feel like the permanent scoreboard is necessary, but it didn’t really bother me either. Maybe consider making it a bit smaller if it is going to be permanent, because it does take up a lot of space right now 🙂 Keep up the good work you bosses!

Luke Mc Govern
Luke Mc Govern

Great battle report beard and bone, i always love to see the Tyranids.

I like the permanent scorecards and i watch on my phone.

@Beard i don’t understand why you have two lieutenants or any. Surely mission tactics with tome of the ecctoclades (sp) is enough​.

@Bone you should squeeze in a lictor for secondaries. Like chef said recently about master artisan being an autotake lictors are so good for deploy scramblers or engage.

Benjamin Dixon
Benjamin Dixon

Either way with the scorecard banner is fine for me, I’ve gotten used to it but I don’t need it on screen all of the time. Also, I love the new dice trays but I think the rule to reroll dice which land on the board instead of the tray is unnecessary. If the point is to make the dice rolls easier and faster, and you’re having to reroll flat dice that land near the dice tray, is it really an improvement than when you were just rolling on the board?

TheMadGinger
TheMadGinger

Hey Beard, is there any chance of seeing a Librarian brought to the Deathwatch? Premorphic Resonance and Fortified With Contempt are FANTASTIC powers for an Indomitor killteam.

Paul Lisamore
Paul Lisamore

Maybe be me but some reason I can’t cast this video on Chromecast. all other videos are fine ☹️ anyone else with problems?

B3stie
B3stie

Was one of the best Battlereps ever! Really loving this! I would like to see that heavy intercessors soon. Great Job for all of you.

Duncan Christie
Duncan Christie

Just a quick thought, would it be worth getting some stock shots of all your different units that chef could then edit in to any video rather than having to remember to do it all before each battle? Figure it’d save you all time in the long run and prevent missing shots in the army lists. Not a gripe or anything, just a thought. 😀 keep up the good work peeps. Oh and sorry to hear bones going, seriously considered applying for the job but it’d be a bell of a commute from North Wales lol

B3stie
B3stie

I do not need the points on the side all the time 🙂

Aron Rowley
Aron Rowley

I dont mind the score card being o all the time. However. I watch your videos most of the time while I’m at the boozer via my phone. It does sort of make the screen a fair bit smaller in that regard.

Marko
Marko

Fantastic games guys. You both had times when I thought you’d clinched the win. I like the score display. It’s not overly obtrusive and it’s good to be able to see the score.

Marc Griggs
Marc Griggs

Great batrep as always, Bone and Beard being their usual boss selves!
As far as the counter, I know it’s a trial, but not a fan. It draws on peripheral vision and takes away space to see your gorgeous boards and models, and handsome faces!

Marc Mullin
Marc Mullin

Watching deathwatch while painting deathwatch. I do enjoy Saturdays like that.

kevin flower
kevin flower

Dang what a back and forth battle. Enjoyed this one a lot. In regards to the trial of the score I prefer without it always on but after about half way I didn’t notice it as much. But I watch on a TV most of the time. I’m sure with some tweaks or a see through mini score card in the bottom corner you could please both crowds maybe. Good stuff anyways boys!

Great game! Your Redemptor are so cool, I watch mine (also black) and they look so plain in comparison… I’ll have to work on them again. Also, every single time you play Tyranids I feel the urge to watch Alien+Aliens again. You are ruining my saturday evening!
Regarding the “always there” points counter I don’t dislike it, but I watch all your shows on my desktop and my screen is quite big… maybe the guys watching on tablets or phones can give you a more valuable feedback.
Thank you for the game!

Stuart Dickson
Stuart Dickson

I’m not fussed about the score board to be honest. My question would be how much time it saves just having it constantly there rather than popping in and out?

André Orthmann
André Orthmann

Regarding the score board: better stay with the current mode of letting it pop out when relevant. I like the fullscreen view on the battlefield more + its coming up often enough.

Greg Sholtz
Greg Sholtz

Sooo happy to see the Deathwatch back at it again and with some new shiny bois

Tobias Hill
Tobias Hill

Beard and Bone – why did the Tyrannofex survive on Turn 2? Beard rolled 15 damage – triple 3 and a 6.

John Wszolek
John Wszolek

Brilliant game! Well played lads.

Erik Ramvi
Erik Ramvi

Good batrep as allways 🙂
Im curious, how long does it take to film at 1.5 hours batrep in real time?
Your biggest fan Erik

Khi Burgess
Khi Burgess

Queue the down votes….constructive criticism can we go back to the scorecard appearing when things change rather than being on screen permanently it really does distract and take up way too much of the screen especially on mobile…understand if you cant or its more popular to keep just though I would ask.

Ollie Fox
Ollie Fox

How do you find the bugs and controlling synapse with this style of list?

Khi Burgess
Khi Burgess

I want GW to bring out a new Swarm Lord and a Norn Queen model with Knightesque stats, then im pretty sure I will be a nid player forever!!!

Holydevigner86
Holydevigner86

Looking forward to this 😀 👌

Martin Sullivan
Martin Sullivan

Huzzah! I love the Deathwatch!

the_nerdy_dwarf