Adeptus Mechanicus vs Death Guard 2000pts | Warhammer 40,000 League Report

Avatar The Chef July 24, 202171  124 71 Likes

YouTube video

Stig returns to the Studio with upgrades fresh from the Forge Worlds, but will the feared Ad Mech be too much for Beard in his first League outing with the Death Guard?!

00:00 Intro
01:39 Adeptus Mechanicus List
04:31 Death Guard List
07:19 Mission- Sweep and Clear
08:35 Game Intro
10:07 Game
1:33:04 He’s got the what now?

🦠 Details on how we are keeping safe with our new COVID-19 working methods

🎥 Want even more Tabletop Tactics videos? Check out our website and sign up for On Demand!

🏆 Make sure to follow along with the League Rankings and even more gameplay stats here!

(Spoiler Warning! The Rankings are updated with every release so don’t read it until you’ve watched the game!)

🎲 Like to roll in style? Tabletop Tactics Merchandise

🛒 For all your hobby and gaming needs, visit Tabletop Tactics’ sponsors Element Games

🗺 Game Mats provided by gamemat.eu

🎨 For professional miniature painting commissions see Siege Studios

The Army Lists are:

Adeptus Mechanicus

++ Still downloading from the Noosphere ++

Death Guard

++ Brewing in Papa Nurgle’s vats ++

Bjornen
Bjornen
1 month ago

Stig is such a gentleman, very polite and positive no matter what happens in the game, an Beard is just a human sized happy puppy! Great job guys, and a great game!

Philippe Boulanger
Philippe Boulanger
1 month ago

Nice to see you Stig. How you keep track of all those rules is beyond me.

Solid game all around 🤟

Phantomspy
Phantomspy
1 month ago

What a game! Nailbiter, absolutly great! Did not expect this outcome after Turn 2.

UseLess
UseLess
1 month ago

Great game guys, it was an exciting one! Gratz Beard on your first win in the League! Chaos Lord Beard clearly is your true form.

D J kiepura
D J kiepura
1 month ago

My god its so hard to follow all the ad mech stuff 🤣🤣🤣. Nothing to with TTT but by the old ones, GW have really dropped the ball here. Very hard to follow

Jon Wilson
Jon Wilson
1 month ago

That was ABSOLUTELY superb. What a game. Really well done, Beard! that was a helluva comeback, and a lesson to us all. I played a game on Sunday and all looked lost after my poor Aeldari ate huge amounts of T’au fire, then fluffing their charges whilst losing more on overwatch. But came back to squeak a win by two points! Felt a bit sorry for my mate, tbh. Commiserations, Stig! And big thanks to you both.

Burii
Burii
1 month ago

Nice batrep. Didnt see that twist coming. Like the admech how they are played at the moment. Maybe bot strong but this will even out with the next codex coming.

Quick question. When my manipulus is performing the action to switch to the advanced holy order. Can he still buff one unit with the galvanic field as this is not an aura and does not stop performing actions to fail?

judgernaut
judgernaut
1 month ago

What a great game! Well done guys! Beard’s beard is starting to get pungent!

James Wildman
James Wildman
1 month ago

Absolute belter of a game – really good fun to watch and great that it was so unpredictable. Cheers guys!

Erik Ramvi
Erik Ramvi
1 month ago

BaTallion Beard?? Is this cause Bone is gone..
🙂

Joshua Mcewen
Joshua Mcewen
1 month ago

Oh no. Sanga name has been taken off the list !!!! I was looking forward to seeing him in a battle report.

Great game as always gentleman.
Great game .

Jeroen Meijboom
Jeroen Meijboom
1 month ago

A very fun and good game to watch! Thanks Beard and Stig!

More league reports please 😉

Marko
Marko
1 month ago

Fantastic game. Good lesson for never giving up.

Terry Thorley
Terry Thorley
1 month ago

Amazing game well done Mr Beard, well fought victory. I honestly thought Admec had that game.

Thanks again and look forward too watching the next battle/league report.

SlipperyWeasel
SlipperyWeasel
1 month ago

I know there are cries of outrage at every new codex at the moment, DG and Drukhari were both accused of being OP.
But these Admech seem to be a bit disgusting… and I wondered if you guys thought they are broken or just in need of a small tinker?
It seems they have re rolls on everything at all times and are stupidly complicated…

Muchos love
Weasel

Framfram
Framfram
1 month ago

Another great league game. They are becoming my favorite reports to watch and cannot wait for the coaching series with the spider.
Who is taking over the space wolves now? Would love to see the spider try to make a go of them in a league game.

Miles Scholl
Miles Scholl

1) Love me some Stig

2) Admech is filthy

3) SO MSNY BLESSED NUMBERS

Zaius
Zaius
1 month ago

Was not expecting that outcome when I saw the Administration Mechanicum list but kudos to Beard and that turn 3. Great game guys!

Shas'El Bo'Drop
Shas'El Bo'Drop
1 month ago

Gotta say, the plethora of synergies in the AdMech book (and the doggo calvary) have me wanting to start a new army… my poor wallet. Also, fun game to watch, interesting to the end!

Last edited 1 month ago by Shas'El Bo'Drop
Patrick Kelly
Patrick Kelly

Great game gents.

Matthew Norris
Matthew Norris
1 month ago

Good game, I can’t believe how strong those Skitarii blobs are! Not only are Ad-Mech one of the strongest shooting armies around the number of defensive buffs they can dish out every turn is frankly alarming!
Well played Mr Beard, I was worried for you in turn 2 but you managed to really turn it round!

Matthew Jarvis
Matthew Jarvis
1 month ago

Stig old pal! Great to see the ad mech out but did you forget the Mars reroll hit? I think you forgot the Mars reroll hit. 😅. Not that it’s needed. Ad mech are too good.

Owl The Molfar
Owl The Molfar
1 month ago

Thank you for the battle report!
It simultaniously sad for Mr. Stig loss and glad Mr. Beard finally break his loosing series in the League.
But then I thought: AdMech is like Orks. They never loose, just collect valuable battle date in any case, so it is win-win situation!

Matthew Walker
Matthew Walker

Great game

Now that the restrictions are getting a little more relaxed, it would be good to see the lists section return to pre covid status (if you are allowed).

I used to really enjoy the banter aspect of commenting on each others lists.

Angus Chalmers
Angus Chalmers
1 month ago

An excellent game – well played beard!

Lachlan James
Lachlan James
1 month ago

Great classic TT, great game Gents. Glad to see you finally get a League win Beard, you deserve it mate

Chad Rondeau
Chad Rondeau
1 month ago

I love watching the Death Guard in action. Try out a Foul Blightspawn w/Revolting Stench-vats in the Ferryman company and abuse the strat that will extend that aura of never having counted as charging out to 12″ 😛

Jeremy Taylor
Jeremy Taylor
1 month ago

Stig and beard bat reps = best bat reps. What a fun game to watch! Thank you do much for weathering the heat to bring us this!

TheMadGinger
TheMadGinger
1 month ago

I don’t know what new equipment you all picked up, but the picture is really great in this one.

LoD
LoD
1 month ago

What a great nailbiter of a game 😻 congrats to Mr. Beard for your first league victory 🦾

Stuart Hay
Stuart Hay
1 month ago

I might be wrong, but I don’t think a Daemon Prince and a Lord of Virulence can be in the same detachment.

Shane O’Shea
Shane O’Shea
1 month ago

Well done Beard I thought you were going to concede at one point but you stuck it out. 👍👍👍

Jim
Jim

Great fight back beard

Adam Adair
Adam Adair
1 month ago

What would we do without chef?

I watch you guys for the fun but also to learn as much as I can about the game so when I finally get my ork army finished I will have so idea how to play at least competently…I hope, so thanks for the updates throughout the games.

Johan Røikjer
Johan Røikjer
1 month ago

I dont know if you catch it later (im min 25)- but discusting force does AoE mortal wounds on 4+!
Also, poxwalkers can shrug mortal wounds from mutant strain AND spread the sickness:)
Good showing so far with a new army though beard! Let’s go!

Tony Walker
Tony Walker
1 month ago

That was amazing! Its great to see my DG have a chance after all lol. Well played both of you, best league game so far!

David Gwynn
David Gwynn
1 month ago

Beard, I think all those brave outings with our poor underpowered Iron Warriors really paid off in this game, you looked very at home piloting the Death Guard and it must’ve felt nice having Chaos Marines that could take a bit of a battering

Colin Clarke
Colin Clarke
1 month ago

Well done beard, that was an impressive comeback!

Florian
Florian
1 month ago

I like the to the last change!

Andrew Bennett
Andrew Bennett
1 month ago

Do the Brits not believe in Air Conditioning?

Metalfist
Metalfist
1 month ago

you can take both enhanced data-tether and omnispex? didn’t know that

David the Disco Lord
David the Disco Lord
1 month ago

So glad to see Beard really show off his competitive play side! Still the same bubbly character but playing really well against the current top dog army of 40K. And of course Stig did an excellent job with the Ad Mech too, luckily he has a whole lot of proof on the channel that he was playing them before they were the in thing

1 month ago

Great match up, one I was waiting for! My AdMech have become headache inducing… I’m becoming too old to keep all those things in mind. Good job for navigating them so well, Stig! I have to admit that seeing all the broken things going on (especially with Lucius, but not just there) I don’t feel like playing them so they are sitting on my shelves waiting for the nerf just like I did with the Iron Hands at the end of 8th. Really cheers for Mr. Beard, you played well and did not give up… great game from you! I… Read more »

Crash_Test
Crash_Test
1 month ago

How on earth did Stig get 17 VP on his first turn?!?!

John McTavish
John McTavish
1 month ago

What a game, what a turnaround! Really enjoyed Beard piloting the DG, hope he uses them a lot more in the future.

Tomgar
Tomgar
1 month ago

AdMech terrify me. I mean, Drukhari were silly but AdMech are just plain nuts, especially since GW saw fit to give Skitarii even more buffs in their stupid DLC book.

HereBeDragonsAndBert
HereBeDragonsAndBert
1 month ago

Good and fun game from the both of you! I really enjoyed that. To the victor the spoils!!!

Bill Sullivan
Bill Sullivan
1 month ago

He’s baaaaaaaack. Been following your progress on The ‘Gram, Stig! Lovin it, man

Princeps Augustus
Princeps Augustus
1 month ago

This one was an excellent game! Good work, gentemen!

Brett Pettitt
Brett Pettitt
1 month ago

Looking forward to watching this later. It should be a good match up.

I am glad Drukhari are taking a back burner right now too, although they are devastating, getting to grips with a hoard of new rules and units for these armies, I think, is the best way before another match up.

Now I do wonder, will Katie be replacing B Bone and become the Queen of Plagues on top of the Norn Queen?