** NEW CODEX** Chaos Space Marines: Top 5 Changes | Warhammer 40,000 Faction Focus

Avatar The Beard June 25, 202270  65 70 Likes

YouTube video

Veterans of the Long war rejoice!!  The Chaos Space Marines Codex is finally here and Beard & Chef are here to talk you through all the exciting contents of this hefty heretical tome.  Sit back, relax, and let the gifts of Chaos wash over your mortal soul…

Be sure to get the full details with our in depth Tactical Guide here!

00:00 At long last, the Long War continues…
01:19 Intro
04:44 Detachment & Army Rules
16:20 Battle Forged Rules- Stratagems
21:12 Battle Forged Rules- Marks of Chaos
25:30 Battle Forged Rules- Relics
30:44 Battle Forged Rules- Psychic Disciplines
36:01 Battle Forged Rules- Warlord Traits
37:21 Datasheet Changes
55:01 Points Changes
57:08 Final Thoughts
1:00:52 Wrap Up

🦠 Details on how we are keeping safe with our new COVID-19 working methods

🎥 Want even more Tabletop Tactics videos? Check out our website and sign up for On Demand!

📖 Learn the ways of war with our in depth Tactical Guides!

🎲 Like to roll in style? Tabletop Tactics Merchandise

🛒 For all your hobby and gaming needs, visit Tabletop Tactics’ sponsors Element Games

🗺 Game Mats provided by gamemat.eu

🎨 For professional miniature painting commissions see Siege Studios

Tango Immortalis
Tango Immortalis
15 days ago

Late to the conversation, but happy to finally be here! I was moving the first couple weeks of July, but I was stoked when TT announced Chaos Week. Noticed the Lodge Campaign, the beautiful new facilities featured, and heard about your plans to provide a space for community play. Huge +1 to the TT team, am happy to support such a cause. Looking forward to picking up some objective markers and TT dice to be used alongside my Disciples of Be’Lakor! (The torturous wait for the Daemon Codex is surely a test of my devotion to Chaos Undivided…)

Last edited 15 days ago by Tango Immortalis
The Phantom
The Phantom
1 month ago

Disagree entirely with terminators they are now total rubbish. as someone with 50 terminators 30 with combi meltas and 20 with combi plasma they are now unplayable.

SchnitzelHip
SchnitzelHip

Darth Beard. Shivers

_ewar_
_ewar_
1 month ago

Great review. I’m very happy for you heretics. Loyalists turn to be green with rule envy. I want T9 Landraiders and Lamecannons to be good again!

James Marsden
James Marsden
1 month ago

I honestly hate to be negative given how much enthusiasm you guys have but i’m very down on 40k in general and there are some specific things in this book which feel like more nails in the coffin. Gutted about the jump pack lord/sorcerer. Very confusing decision by GW. If their argument is that they don’t sell one anymore, then can someone please show me the exalted champion with combi-melta and power axe model that must surely exist. There’s some other stuff i’m not massively happy about. There being No such thing as an undivided daemon prince apparently, being one… Read more »

Jack Beaman
Jack Beaman
1 month ago

Beard reflects us all hahaha – I’m so hype! Our time is now! Word Bearers looking very very strong, Creations of Bile getting my long-shot hopes for World Eaters but looking very fun! Even sticking to pure World Eaters, I’m incredibly excited for the shake up in list building this new book brings – I’ve already built a daemon prince that can 1-shot a knight with average dice, and the -1 to wound relic on a unit of possessed looks dirty. Can also build a very hard to kill Disco Lord with Gorget, True Berzerker and an Apostle friend (1+/4++,… Read more »

NurgleBlort
NurgleBlort
1 month ago

Never stop with the TRANSHUMANPHYSIOLOGYYYY and similar name edits. They get me every time.

Ritchie Balan
Ritchie Balan
1 month ago

Dam you beard…. I was going to stick with my blood angels and my cult until the next edition ….. however that intro means I’m now pulling the iron warriors back out and just crippled my bank account…..

Jamie Jackson
Jamie Jackson
1 month ago

Great review chaps. Glad to see the impression is generally positive – happy for chaos players. Shame about the jump pack models and indeed a bit inconsistent with the firstborn marines – wonder if they will be disappearing as options in marine codex 9.5? I am perplexed by the accursed weapons. Not because it’s necessarily a bad idea (and indeed power weapons in loyalist books may follow suit) but more because it varies between units. Havocs / raptors/ legionaries get varying access to the wargear list for their champions, terminators have power fists as normal and chosen just have everything… Read more »

chaosadnd
chaosadnd
1 month ago

Seeing beard so happy in all of these videos is worth the price of admission.

Veratu
Veratu
1 month ago

Beard cry to the æther was just the mental pick me up I needed today. This quiet offends Slaanesh!

Paul Flory
Paul Flory
1 month ago

Brilliant one of the best review videos I you have done that intro brilliant. As I am sure as all true veteran of the long war will be so excited for this codex. So many fun and interesting builds to try

Kurt King
Kurt King
1 month ago

Is it true chaos terminators can no longer take lightning claws? Rip to my lightning claw cataphractii blob if so 😢

Ægir Kristjánsson
Ægir Kristjánsson

yeeees…..Yeeessss…….YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!

Sharrakor
Sharrakor
1 month ago

Love the intro and love the codex. Can’t wait to get the codex and play

Jeremy Taylor
Jeremy Taylor
1 month ago

Beard, BEARD! DONT. EVER. STOP. BEING. YOU.

Tim O'Flynn
Tim O'Flynn
1 month ago

The jump pack thing is a worrying trend for GW now taking away some options when it comes to characters. Ork book hit me with this your telling me my boss in mega armour can only have a big choppa but his lads he’s walking around with in their armour get to have a big killy klaw?

IM DA BOSS GIV ME DAT KLAW!

Uzeir Demo
Uzeir Demo

Kings!

Thom Ashworth
Thom Ashworth
1 month ago

How does Beard have such powerful energy with a weeks old baby?

DC
DC
1 month ago

Preordered mine today, super excited after this video. 5 attacks on my Warp Talons!

Pretty disappointed my Night Lords jump pack Lord doesn’t exist anymore, who is making that call at GW? However, we have already decided to ignore the ridiculous new chapter approved rules on relics and warlords (like the rest of the world) so what’s one more house rule.

Looking forward to all the other CSM videos and articles

Jason Hoy
Jason Hoy
1 month ago

Can we have voice modulated Beard every time he plays Chaos please?

Kaibong deity
Kaibong deity

Agree, its looking so fun and fluffy . Great to see Beard so happy

Southpaw
Southpaw
1 month ago

Regarding the jump pack nonsense, there is precedent for GW bowing to (polite) pressure from players about this sort of thing. See the Autarch wargear debacle when the Aeldari book landed.
I recommend emailing Warcom (community@gwplc.com) and or the 40k FAQ/feedback email address (40kfaq@gwplc.com). Hopefully if we make enough noise, we’ll be given back our jump packs. If we make LOTS of noise, they might even let us have matching sets of combi weapons on our terminators. 🙂

Slikolas
Slikolas
1 month ago

As mentioned, best intro ever.

Sven Hegenbart
Sven Hegenbart

Love Beard style in each vid – this is really his hour to shine ^^
As Word Bearer player im super hype about this codex

ChaosViking
ChaosViking

Best… intro… ever!!!

Jonathan Haynes
Jonathan Haynes

Yay.

Marcus Cross
Marcus Cross
1 month ago

Just a quick point on the accursed weapons discussion, whilst I agree in general that is a good move to simplify the profiles, with the sample you mention of models with all lightning claws (e.g. a Tartaros Terminator unit), only one of five can take double accursed weapons, so you can’t run the other four with double weapons as before nor as WYSIWYG. A minor point maybe in grand scheme of things but as with jet packs, does make another tranche of units not able to be run without pre-discussion/marking.

James Wisnesky
James Wisnesky
1 month ago

Awesome. Makes me want to start another army…………………….

I-Am-Alpharius
I-Am-Alpharius
1 month ago

“And his battle cry is heard… Daemon Save!”

Nephelym
Nephelym
1 month ago

I can already hear Beards conversation with Siege. “Hello, so you know the Iron Warrior Lord on pg.x of the new codex? Yeah I want that one please thank you bye.”

Balroc
Balroc

Best. Intro. ever.

1 month ago

Ok, I won’t even wait to look it all before commenting:
Chaos Lord Beard’s intro is one for the ages! Let the Galaxy burn!
[edit] Chaos names and strats sounds always so much as black metal/djent…. awesome.

Last edited 1 month ago by Stefano
sean dollard
sean dollard
1 month ago

I can’t wait to dust off my 3rd edition iron warriors! Iron within, iron without

Thomas Azula
Thomas Azula
1 month ago

ITS BEARD BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !

Justin Mathews
Justin Mathews
1 month ago

You guys don’t have access to the June White Dwarf with the berserker and kharn rules yet? Our LGS got those in (like two weeks ago)with a release date of last Saturday. Good to know all the rules will be available tho

Ciaran
Ciaran
1 month ago

Great video guys. I’m so excited to get my hands on this codex 😁

James Marsden
James Marsden
1 month ago

This video is private, apparently. Works on youtube but not on the tt app

Benoit Cappez
Benoit Cappez
1 month ago

Hello there… From my browser, only a YT link on a private video… The eightfold path is straight around us on this !

James Wildman
James Wildman
1 month ago

Hey team – this is currently saying “video unavailable” (Tabletop Tactics app running on pixel 4). YouTube works though so imma watch it there for now.