Grey Knights vs Necrons | Season 1 EP4 | Warhammer 40,000 League Report

Avatar The Chef September 3, 202283  54 83 Likes

YouTube video

It’s Game 4 of the League as Bard and the Grey Knights face off against Chef and the Necrons!With some significant changes to their first round lists, who will emerge victorious?!

🎥 Want even more Tabletop Tactics videos? Check out our website and sign up for On Demand!

📖 Learn the ways of war with our in depth Tactical Guides!

🎲 Like to roll in style? Tabletop Tactics Merchandise

🛒 For all your hobby and gaming needs, visit Tabletop Tactics’ sponsors Element Games

🗺 Game Mats provided by gamemat.eu

🎨 For professional miniature painting commissions see Siege Studios

Grey Knights

++ Battalion Detachment ++

Brotherhood: Blades of Victory

+ HQ +

Brotherhood Librarian: Warlord- Psychic Epitome, Relic- Sigil of Exigence, Wisdom of the Prognosticars- Gem of Inoktu, Nemesis Force Halberd, Combi-Melta, Powers- Purifying Flame, Vortex of Doom

Kaldor Draigo: Powers- Gate of Infinity, Empyric Amplification, Warp Shaping

++ Total: 2,000pts ++

Necrons

++ Supreme Command Detachment ++

Dynastyic Code: Dynasty: Szarekhan

The Silent King: Warlord The Triarch’s Will

++ Outrider Detachment ++

Dynastyic Code: “ObSekh” (Relentlessly Expansionist & Eternal Conquerors)

+ HQ +

Chronomancer: Relic- Veil of Darkness, Cryptic Arkana- Countertemporal Nanomines, Aeonstave

Technomancer: Rarefied Nobility- Implacable Conqueror, Staff of Light, Canoptek Cloak

+ Elites +

+ No Force Org Slot +

Canoptek Plasmacyte

++ Total: 2,000pts ++

Imperial Grunt
Imperial Grunt
26 days ago

Love the League reports and this was a good game! Looking forward to the next one!

Khi
Khi
29 days ago

Well Chef any chance the lists can be added to the description assuming you managed to get home at a reasonable time of course.

David Orr
David Orr
29 days ago

Intense game. Necrons are crazy strong.

Bonemaw
Bonemaw
29 days ago

Just want to mention something I have been seeing for a long time now. But I think it could be good to train some of the tabletoptactics staff in some strategy, like when I watch a batrep I almost always know the outcome before the game has even started just by who is facing who unless there is a big skew in the list/armies power creep. Like in the current league report it is evident that spider is taking the least powerful army of the bunch to try and level the playing field a bit. My current ranking of tabletop… Read more »

Brendan Walker
Brendan Walker
29 days ago

Hi Chef, my wife just wanted to say she was glad your eyes are looking better! Hope you’re doing well! Lots of love from Australia :).

Mark Johnson
Mark Johnson
1 month ago

Have you consider illuminor szeras instead of the technomancer? 2 rez’s a turn without CP, some high AP and dmg shooting, and the buffs can be key with how many core units there are

Dwight Hall
Dwight Hall
1 month ago

League is killing it so far, looking forward to Nids and Tau entering the arena. Cheers.

Christopher Krueger
Christopher Krueger
1 month ago

When it gets to the point where the winner is known but you are playing for points, I’d like to see you guys play through it. Hearing the options, seeing why you do what you’re doing, I think would be useful to us. Especially since it seems like you play through it anyway.

Joshua Mcewen
Joshua Mcewen
1 month ago

Loving the league reports. The tabletop tactics team being absolute bosses. As usual .

Dragon2439
Dragon2439
1 month ago

Loving this new league format. Cant wait to see how it turns out. Chef, I feel you with the heavy destroyers. They look good on paper and fill a needed role in necrons but then I use them and they are just meh. Also, Scarabs for life.

SlipperyWeasel
SlipperyWeasel

The league games are awesome! Love the format. Great stuff

Elliott Lansdown-Bridge
Elliott Lansdown-Bridge

i have gone too deep into the Votann Well

Elliott Lansdown-Bridge
Elliott Lansdown-Bridge

Great game guys – anyone else excited for Votann .. woohoo

USS Sylvester
USS Sylvester
1 month ago

Great game I’ll enjoy very much 🙂 Good win for the necrons and it hard to stop them scoring that primary and there secondary as they just be everywhere but to be fair bard dice hated him in that game lol 😂 everything he need just like not for you lol 😂 I’ll like bard list I’ll only have a suggestion defo put one Grand master in dreadknight back in just him as I’ll feel he is great unit plus get re-roll ones and a great threat on the board honestly 🙂

Rus’el
Rus’el

Another fantastic League game! 🫡

Thijs Schrijnemakers
Thijs Schrijnemakers

scarabs for life. Scarabs are life. nice one Chef

Adam Stewart
Adam Stewart
1 month ago

man, you guys have nailed this format

Tom Clark
Tom Clark
1 month ago

so i play against crons a lot, my buddy leans heavily into canoptek, he swears by 1-2 canoptek spyders. Especially with loads of scarabs. not sure if they’d be a help with where chefs at but throwing the idea out there. As usual awesome game guys, love your content!

Matt Quinones
Matt Quinones
1 month ago

These new league games are quickly becoming the uploads I look forward to the most. Love the tactica explanations!

Jared Bonter
Jared Bonter
1 month ago

Great game guys! Inspiring more list building for me!

Wu1fie
Wu1fie
1 month ago

The silver armoured son of titan vs the silver tide of the silent king… very nice indeed. I think the wraith with the whips should have said “knees are for the weak, my arms are spaghetti” 😀 keep up the good work!

Ben H
Ben H
1 month ago

Worth flagging for Bard that Gem of Inoktu only gives 2 on Dominus powers. Purifying Flame is Sanctic so wouldn’t get the bonus. Didn’t make a difference this game as you rolled a 6 for flame, but one to bear in mind if it frees up some points.

I like this list though. I think there’s still value in at least a GMDK. It adds decent ranged horde clear (despite now not being so good into tougher things) and is a beat stick and/or distraction carnifex dependent on how you use him.

Thomas Stockdale
Thomas Stockdale
1 month ago

We all make noises moving our models Chef. Pretty sure it is in the rules (Gorkamorka rules anyway)!

Zaius
Zaius

Great game! You need new dice Bard. Lol 😂
I’m anxious to see Chef face off against Tyranids. You guys rock and thank you for not doing live stuff! Sometimes it’s nice to hear super chats get answered in real time but mostly it’s just disruptive and annoying.
Keep that great content coming

ANDREA CARRIERI
ANDREA CARRIERI
1 month ago

not to be “that guy”, but gw layout has “full closed” big ruins, no windows on the front

Aaron Borer
Aaron Borer
1 month ago

If only Bard would have embraced the waaaggh …the orks fit him like a glove …not some grey umie gits… since there are no Orks in the league, i root for chef and the necron (painting some up at the moment)
Awesome Games as always.

DObkeratops
Lodge Warrior Member
DObkeratops
1 month ago

Next Tabletop Tactics T-Shirt. Spider says ‘just roll a six…’

Great Game xD

Commissar Pen
Commissar Pen
1 month ago

Bard, did you forget to purify your dice before the game?

Lodge Warrior Member
1 month ago

The League is really the best, I especially love the analisys and explanations. Already can’t wait for the next match!
P.s. Speaking of League…. the Votann are awesome, I am so looking forward to collect them all!

Last edited 1 month ago by Stefano
Richard Dodd
Richard Dodd
1 month ago

wait….you had more obsec models on the obj but bard still held it…? how come? thought it came down to models with obsec not total model count with obsec vs obsec…🤔

Robert VanGee
Robert VanGee
1 month ago

I’m loving the League format you all are using! I’m curious though, what limitations are you using to make sure you can’t change your list to counter a specific opponent? Thanks for the awesome content!

Crazyshak48
Crazyshak48
1 month ago

Been very excited to see this match up! Also, Chef’s quote at the beginning might be from Sovereign, but I can’t help but hear the Shadow Broker’s theme whenever The Silent King shows up. Excited to see how the changes to both lists play! Edit: And that was indeed a fantastic game! Btw Chef, if you’re looking for other changes going forward, I’ve been hearing good things about Tomb Blades as well. With gauss blasters, shadowlooms, and shieldvanes, they’re fast and tough to shift, and they’re very competitively priced right now (31 points per model with full gear). Just another… Read more »

Brett Pettitt
Brett Pettitt
1 month ago

As ever the content is great. These armies are gorgeous to watch on the table (I wish I could afford mine to be painted,) and the banter is always second to none. I did notice at 59 minutes that James’ knights had 0vp and 24 cp. Saving them for what buddy? 🤣🤣
I love Chef’s ability to pull out rules for most things. He is the me from my dnd group and I really respect that ability.
I’m sorry Chef, but I am looking forward to codex votaan review by you lot

Joakim Backlund
Joakim Backlund

Bard nooooo 🤣🤣🎲🎲 i was devastated to see 4 paladins fall to first shooting 🤯🤯

4thegr8erpud
4thegr8erpud
1 month ago

Can’t wait to download this and watch it this evening

Baron_Gustav
Baron_Gustav
1 month ago

I can’t believe how much I look forward to these league games. And that excitement competes with House of the Dragon and the Rings of Power. 🙂

Jack Kypreos
Jack Kypreos
1 month ago

The Gentlemen of Titan!! Purify the xenos!!

Jonathan Haynes
Jonathan Haynes
1 month ago

Come on Bard. Purify and Purge the filthy Xenos.