New Report Format Channel Update | Tabletop Tactics Backstage
Hi folks! Your friendly neighbourhood Spider here 🙂
I’ve posted this on our social media outlets, but for you bosses that might have missed that, thanks for the feedback on our new format Battle Report released on Christmas Day! As many of you have guessed, the new format is a step towards our new Live Streaming format to release in addition to our regular reports next year 👀 Please note, that it will not be a replacement to our regular filmed Reports but a cool compliment that we can add to our show line up for you guys.
I’ve collated all the feedback and have a plan for version 2 that should accommodate the best of all the tastes. You can expect the following:
- Run’N’Gun player cam as per old style, for the more immersive at the table experience. Yes that means the first person point of view will be back with a camera in the player’s hand to cover their opponent’s turn ✅
- We will complement the Run’N’Gun camera with 3 other fixed camera angles, all of the board to show the extra pretty models/terrain and to help capture dice rolls that the active player cam sometimes struggles to follow (dice being thrown randomly with a camera in hand etc). Top down camera will only be used to emphasise tactical movements and actions with our previously used graphics. ✅
- Shorter Movement Phase/Summary. We will only show you the highlights of the movement, by showing the unit’s before and after positioning. Any relevant tactical decisions/spent command points will be shown to help you track at home. ✅
- Score banner to either come in as a pop up (rather than run the whole time) when players use a CP or Score a VP, with end of turn full points summaries. Alternatively, I will see if I can add some transparency to it, to make it as least invasive as possible. ✅
- Pre-game List Analysis with both players sitting and talking will still be dropped from the Reports for now, however we are returning with the List Analysis show where you will get us sitting and talking about all sorts of lists and chewing the fat much more regularly. This also then gives us the time to shoot high quality miniature footage to accompany all of our talk shows – including Faction Focus and the soon to be regular Backstage, which will be full of banter and shenanigans. ✅
So what does this all mean for you guys?
It means I’ve heard your feedback, adapted, and made the show even better. Everything you loved about the old format is basically back in one form or another, whilst also enabling us to produce other shows with an even higher quality. It means you get more of the shows you love, in a quality higher than it has ever been before.
Much to look forward to in 2021!