Ultramarines vs Orks 2000pts | Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report

Avatar The Chef March 20, 202144  102 44 Likes

YouTube video

Beard and Bone throw down with a classic Green Tide and Ghazghkull, against the noble warriors of Ultramar!

**ATTENTION: Please note that whilst we would have loved to have released a Drukhari Preview Battle Report for the new Codex, we unfortunately have not yet received a Review Copy from Games Workshop. As soon as we get our hands on it we will aim to get a Report out as soon as possible!**

🦠 Details on how we are keeping safe with our new COVID-19 working methods

🎥 Want even more Tabletop Tactics videos? Check out our website and sign up for On Demand!

🎲 Like to roll in style? Tabletop Tactics Merchandise

🛒 For all your hobby and gaming needs, visit Tabletop Tactics’ sponsors Element Games

🗺 Game Mats provided by gamemat.eu

3x Mek Gunz
3x Gun: Smasha Gun

++ Total: 2,000pts ++

Ultramarines

++ Battalion Detachment ++

+ HQ +

Primaris Captain: Warlord- Paragon of War, Relic- The Honour Vehement, Master-crafted Power Sword, Master-crafted Auto Bolt Rifle

Primaris Captain: Hero of the Chapter- Adept of the Codex, Power Fist, Plasma Pistol
*NOTE* – You can’t take more than 1 Captain per Detachment, Beard and Bone only remembered this after the game was finished, and we didn’t want to scrap or refilm it as otherwise you lovely lot wouldn’t be getting a game at all 🙂

Primaris Lieutenant: Master-crafted Power Sword, Neo-volkite Pistol, Storm Shield

Primaris Lieutenant: Master-crafted Auto Bolt Rifle

+ Troops +

5x Intercessor Squad: Auto Bolt Rifle

5x Intercessor Squad: Auto Bolt Rifle

5x Intercessor Squad: Auto Bolt Rifle

+ Elites +

6x Bladeguard Veteran Squad

Redemptor Dreadnought: Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod

+ Heavy Support +

Repulsor: Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Twin Lascannon

+ Dedicated Transport +

Razorback: Twin Lascannon, Hunter-killer Missile

Razorback: Twin Lascannon, Hunter-killer Missile

Razorback: Twin Lascannon, Hunter-killer Missile

++ Total: 1,990pts ++

SchnitzelHip
SchnitzelHip
23 days ago

Great game! Ghaz is limited to taking 4 wounds per phase, not being wounded 4 times per phase so at 1h 25m Ghaz should have rolled to shrug all 6 mortals with only a maximum of 4 being applied rather than take 4 and shrug down to 3. Realistically it would have left him on 4 wounds rather than 5 meaning he could’ve been cleared up next turn but it didn’t really change much.
I was expecting an Ork army to have a lot more krumpiness!

Tim Martin
Tim Martin
25 days ago

Hi Guys, another good bat rep, however I would just like to note that I’m having difficulty seeing many of the dice rolls for the game. I know that it is hard without having a third person in the room however at this point, I think that I would prefer that you go back to the dice trays just so that we (I) have a much greater chance is seeing what is being rolled.

Tim Martin
Tim Martin
25 days ago

Please note that for future videos, the warning note at the start of the video needs to be much BIGGER!!!!

Imperial Grunt
Imperial Grunt
25 days ago

Great game guys and very fun! Need a rematch between Calgar and Ghaz next time though. Let the good times roll!

Luis Fantarella
Luis Fantarella
26 days ago

With Codex Warfare I don’t think using adaptive strategy allows you to score points as the wording of the secondary says “The doctrine that is active for your army”.

Luis Fantarella
Luis Fantarella
26 days ago

The bone rolls an uncanny amount of ones….

Johan Røikjer
Johan Røikjer
26 days ago

Epic 😂

SeraphTC
SeraphTC
27 days ago

https://youtu.be/lp17vt9B9gM?t=1850 – ‘…it did the mrs but put on a bloody good show’ bahahahaha classic Beard! (it might have been ‘misses’ but who’s to say!?)

Jon Shaw
Jon Shaw
27 days ago

Awesome game, ending and general shenanigans. Love the scenery too – where is that crashed battleship from?

Dylan Keller
Dylan Keller
27 days ago

GaBronie love it, makes me wonder when “El Beardo” is coming back

Sev
Sev
27 days ago

I think Ghaz might be the first time I don’t really care for how you guys have had a model painted up.

I’m not saying it isn’t very well painted from a technical standpoint, the all green scheme on the armor just doesn’t work for me. Looks a little plague orky to me.

Luke Mc Govern
Luke Mc Govern
27 days ago

Good game guys, it was a closer one in the end. Beard’s first turn shows how rolling can seem so bad but actually be close to the average.

He had 8 las and 3 hkm shot the bone breaker some through dense for 12 damage. Ignoring the command reroll and dense but including martial precision the average is ~9

G8Keeper
G8Keeper
27 days ago

Very strange with the codex, second time after DA. Especially when other reviewers seem to have got theres on time. Mostly actually.

James Padbury
James Padbury
28 days ago

Highlight had to be Beards commentary and insight into the local history of the battlefield.

James Padbury
James Padbury
28 days ago

Weird rules interaction, not sure at 29:00 if the wounding roll can be rerolled. Smasha gun is ‘instead of rolling to wound’. For sure id argue should be able to reroll based on intention, but not sure the CP reroll would cover it?

Ollie Forster
Ollie Forster
28 days ago

Bone should be the voice of Orks in every movie and tv show

Autarch
Autarch
28 days ago

I love how Beard is getting angry on behalf of his opponents’ armies’ silly rules now too 😂 Orks are great if you can roll 6s about 5 times in a row! Great game though, really think the bone/beard combo have nailed the army balancing recently.

Philip Brown
Philip Brown
28 days ago

Top tier 40k entertainment.
Well done lads.

max driemer
max driemer
28 days ago

Haha, can we have a special episode every now and then in which Beard does guided tours around the different table setups? 😀

Callum Seymour
Callum Seymour
28 days ago

What an ending! Thanks guys. That was great! 👍

Robert Kriszun
Robert Kriszun
28 days ago

“pain provides healing where we don’t expect it.”

Inquisitor Heidegger

Pain = All the ones and twos with the Razorbacks
Healing = killing Makari with an exploding Repulsor

Jonathan Shilling
Jonathan Shilling

“OH FLIPPIN ‘ECK” – Ork Beard Boy

Adrián Perez Martínez
Adrián Perez Martínez

Great game!!

SlipperyWeasel
SlipperyWeasel
29 days ago

Get in there Beard!!! This is what happens when your dice aren’t being silly sausages. Next, it’s time to crush the spiderling! To be honest. I think he is more of a daddy-long-legs in disguise! Crush him!

Andrew Million
Andrew Million
29 days ago

Greetings I’ve been watching your content on freeview for a while now and have recently made a subscription here the one thing I personally would like if you could do videos on the different armies that you have because obviously you swap things in and out as you play depending on the points and everything I think it would be interesting to see what all you’re working with and what you’re kind of drawing from if you have something like this in an older video if you could please give me a link to that I would appreciate it.

Dan Parker
Dan Parker
29 days ago

Did anyone actually see Makari’s body? Nope? Capering about, cheering on Ghaz while enthusiastically waving his banner – giant explosion and then he’s just gone when the smoke clears, how convenient.

The sneaky little jabroni outwitted the smurfs and all Beard can hear as he collects the geneseed of the fallen is that high pitched cackling echoing from out of a storm drain.

Matt Hall
Matt Hall
29 days ago

The Marine tank running over the poor grot was the win for me😅

Jon Wilson
Jon Wilson
29 days ago

It was a bit of a silly game, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, thanks fellas. And a win for Beard! Well done, Beard! My favourite part was when you called Makari a jabroni.

rynar
rynar

Beard won the Draw!!!! XD lovely game Ladz 😉

MajorGem
MajorGem

Show me the way to Devon 😂🤣😂

Cazza
Cazza

This was brilliant guys. Beards disdain for Makari was great

Enhanced Ignorance
Enhanced Ignorance
29 days ago

Beard, my guy, my friend, those were some awful dice rolls but you played well and I can tell you are getting better with my favorite smurfs. If I may give a couple pointers sir, 1: sons of guilliman is great for an intercessor squad. Allows them to reroll hits 2. If you are running a squad of bladeguard take an ancient and give him standard of macraage for a +1A that is always in effect even with shock assault! 3. Where are the named characters? Most of UM power lies in their characters. Taking chief librarian tig or just… Read more »

David Garneau
David Garneau
29 days ago

Nice fun game, really enjoyed this one guys.

Francisco Michels
Francisco Michels
30 days ago

You know what one of the fun things about this video is today? We just had the Twitch Preview and they showed off those new Ork Squig Riders and ork trailer.

Azaiel
Azaiel
30 days ago

Well if both Beard and Lawrence think Orks are a bit silly, wait until the Beast Snaggas arrive. LOL

Brett Pettitt
Brett Pettitt
30 days ago

Poor Spider, I was looking forward to the look of joy on your face as you unleashed the new codex.
This game was bound to be fun with beard and bone on screen and bringing Gazzy the gazmyster was just a krumping good topping.

CMO
CMO
30 days ago

The Vic and Bob of wargaming. Excellent game, really enjoyed this.

Darren Fahey
Darren Fahey
30 days ago

With the hint of Orks getting more squig models today. Its good to see Orks bringing the waaaaaaahhhh

byron howell
byron howell

Thanks guys, great game!
Im sure you get asked this a lot but I would love to see the Obsidian Dragons run as Black Templars. Some impulsor, blade guard, judicier devout push shenanigans would be pretty neat!

Sean Pierce
Sean Pierce
30 days ago

In the eventual orks codex I hope Makari keeps his 2+ invulnerable save even though there’s a sensible move away from it across the game in general purely for the comedy value that grot has one of the best saves in the game.

30 days ago

A Bone&Beard batrep, the best way to spend my saturday of absolute lazyness!

Last edited 30 days ago by Stefano
Khi Burgess
Khi Burgess

Sad no Drukhari oh well.

Karmu
Karmu
30 days ago

Oh yeah! Love seeing a disclaimer like that when I have my coffee on hand Saturday morning =)

Guy Pascoe
Guy Pascoe
30 days ago

So, have you been blacklisted to not receive the drukhari codex or?? 👀

Nick Kirkham
Nick Kirkham
30 days ago

Great game guys, really enjoyed it! Beard, you can tell you’ve played a few more games with the Ultramarines, you’re defo getting better with them! Love the Bladeguard, they can do some real work! Enjoying the quiet expansion of the Ultras too, Guillimans boys are always a welcome sight! Keep up the good work!

Mattia Sanguedolce
Mattia Sanguedolce
30 days ago

Mr Beard remember to use the stratagem from the ultramarine supplement that Is called son’s of Guillman on a troop, especially if u use the Rapid Fire stratagem on them. Thank you for all your work guys love you

Daryl Haynes
Daryl Haynes

Just finished a very busy 14 hour night shift, am I sleeping? Waaaaaaaaagghhhhh

Daniel Bromley
Daniel Bromley
30 days ago

What an amazing game! You guys make me laugh so much! Love Orks.

Apathetic11B
Apathetic11B
30 days ago

Absolute blast of a game! Always love seeing some Orks on the table. Would love to see some Orks vs Necrons too! The unkillable horde of warriors vs the unending green tide! Plus Chef playing against Bone’s Orks would be a hilarious banter episode.

wimaro
wimaro
30 days ago

I very much enjoyed the character work for the Sensible Orks and Insecure Ghazghkull. Love it!