T’au Empire vs Ultramarines 1500pts | Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report

Avatar The Chef October 9, 202141  53 41 Likes

YouTube video

It’s James’ debut game on Freeview and as a fully fledged member of the Tabletop Tactics Crew, but will his T’au be able to educate Beard and the Ultramarines on the field of battle?

00:00 Intro

01:31 T’au Empire Army List

04:31 Ultramarines Army List

06:49 Mission – Sweep and Clear

07:53 Game Intro

10:17 Game

1:34:49 Your New Screensaver

🦠 Details on how we are keeping safe with our new COVID-19 working methods

🎥 Want even more Tabletop Tactics videos? Check out our website and sign up for On Demand!

🏆 Make sure to follow along with the League Rankings and even more gameplay stats here!

(Spoiler Warning! The Rankings are updated with every release so don’t read it until you’ve watched the game!)

🎲 Like to roll in style? Tabletop Tactics Merchandise

🛒 For all your hobby and gaming needs, visit Tabletop Tactics’ sponsors Element Games

🗺 Game Mats provided by gamemat.eu

🎨 For professional miniature painting commissions see Siege Studios

The Army Lists are lost in the warp somewhere. The Inquisition has been dispatched.

Philippe Boulanger
Philippe Boulanger
4 days ago

All-star game 🤛🏻

Dylan Keller
Dylan Keller
8 days ago

After that comment on rating his dice rolls think “The Judge” would work well, lots of word play, could also quote a famous judge played by some guy named stallone

Sam Reed
Sam Reed
8 days ago

– such powerful energy! Good luck on the team, you are going to be a champ!

Robert Sildatke
Robert Sildatke
8 days ago

Also from me: “Welcome aboard Commander James”. Great debut. You look very personable and harmonize very well with Joe! Both thumps up! And folks, I need this screensaver!!!!!!

David Barrett
David Barrett
8 days ago

Great to see the Ultramarines back on the channel. And good work on this battle report James!

TheGeekary
TheGeekary
8 days ago

Thinking James nickname should be Chesney, as he rolls ‘the ones and only’. 🎶 🎵
Showing my age there with that classic early 90s hit

Zaius
Zaius
8 days ago

Welcome aboard! Great debut

Shas'O Myenshi
Shas'O Myenshi
9 days ago

Cool to have a new tau player on the team.

Nick Kirkham
Nick Kirkham
9 days ago

Firstly, James, welcome on board, looking forward to seeing more of you!

Beard, good job with the Blue boys. Excited to hear there are some more reinforcements for them. Tig smashed it as usual, and you did well remember most of his rules, I always forget the -1. He gets +1 to his psychic tests and denies as well as his inherent re-roll, think it might have been relevant for MoH early doors. Either way, good job pal, look forward to seeing you take them out more often! Keep up the good work

max driemer
max driemer
9 days ago

Welcome to the channel James! I really enjoyed the Batrep! Also I have never seen a better acting representation of a “smart” missile system James 😂

Joshua Mcewen
Joshua Mcewen
9 days ago

Well that was a lot of fun !!!

Valheru
Valheru
9 days ago

Great bat rep! Loved the banter. Loads of fun – looking forward to more!

Thijs Schrijnemakers
Thijs Schrijnemakers
9 days ago

Nice one, 5 / 5 J’s, but are those Joe’s of James’? Only Tzeentch knows

Ferax
Ferax
10 days ago

Welcome James, and what a great start! Really enjoyable to watch, I’d rate it 5 J’s. Looking forward to more 🙂

O Brother J
O Brother J
10 days ago

Brilliant bat rep, was very enjoyable to watch as the fun you three were having was so infectious (don’t tell nurgle!). James is gonna fit in well me thinks.

Brett Pettitt
Brett Pettitt
10 days ago

James, you remind me if Smilin Stan S. Stanman from Monkey Island with the permanent smile and the hand gestures. Made me chuckle

40k.nomad
40k.nomad
10 days ago

Mega game, great hosts, very enjoyable!

Chad Rondeau
Chad Rondeau
10 days ago

I’m really looking forward to a game with Jinx against James. I imagine that’d be filled with all sorts of shenanigans and glorious combat! Also, I think Stockton slap is what Beard should start calling his melee equivalent to tracer fire. 😛

Optimisticpaint
Optimisticpaint
11 days ago

Aw man I just wanna put the newbies in a jar and shake it until they fight!
… or you know, a Jinx vs James game would be nice please.

Dave Cullen
Dave Cullen
11 days ago

James add’s a great dynamic to the team! Great Batrep guys!!

Colin OB
Colin OB
11 days ago

I laughed practically the entire video! You guys seemed to be having fun the whole match. Great Batrep gents.

Johan Røikjer
Johan Røikjer
11 days ago

Great to see James as a presenter!
And a great game ! I feel bad for Tau BS 4+ though.. that -1 to hit destroys them!

Jared Bonter
Jared Bonter

James ‘Snake Eyes’ Jordan

Owl The Molfar
Owl The Molfar
11 days ago

Thank you for the battle report!
So, as you found T’au Commnder! Will he take the engram chip of the assassinated by the Deathwatch team Crusade Commander? So the Crusade can continue? I miss Crusade reports…

Mozno1
Mozno1
11 days ago

James Jordan…. 2 first names? Whats up with that?
What a dude, great game!
On a slight side note loving the little touchs you guys are putting into the reports, Beard’s dial tone had me in stiches!
I think the Tau bonding knife ritual happens before they go into battle and bonds groups of Tau together, its then those bonds that keep them in combat.

Last edited 11 days ago by Mozno1
Adam Dobson
Adam Dobson
11 days ago

Great addition to your team!

SonofDorn55
SonofDorn55
11 days ago

A great game as always, I think James fits in great and add another manic personality like Beard (which I enjoy thoroughly). I can see areas where Tau need help, crisis suits need more wounds, better strats and buffs but I do not want to see Tau go back to where they started as being ridiculously OP in shooting, etc. And welcome back to the Emperors light Mr. Beard, it seems your dice have been suitably cleansed and consecrated by the Inquisition, very good rolling especially with those dice lol. It was a joy to watch and both armies looked… Read more »

TheWarhamming_Merk
TheWarhamming_Merk
11 days ago

Very good battle report, fully enjoyed the great scenes and I look forward to what James can bring for a tau league report. Thank you gentlemen.

Miles Scholl
Miles Scholl
11 days ago

Side note: simply put the bonding knife is a representation of the bond they have with the selected cadre they are assigned to. It’s like a spiritual bond, in the book Empire of Lies they note young fire caste warriors getting separated from their group is akin to losing family.

Farsight will often use it for other purposes (such as saving others in odd situations) and they note it’s not it’s intended purpose.

Meadt
Meadt
11 days ago

Really liked the dynamic between James and Beard. Excited to see even more variety in presenters and play styles.

Corruption
Corruption
11 days ago

T’au really are in a sorry state right now. I hope the new Codex comes soon and significantly improves their performance. We need: flat damage 2 on plasma rifles and SMS, an extra wound on Crisis Suits and at least some way of getting mortal wound output outside of Seeker Missiles. A native -1 AP on pulse weaponry wouldn’t go amiss either. At present half of the data sheets are irrelevant due to under-efficiency or over-costing. The Sept tenets need a complete overhaul so that we see something other than Farsight Enclaves on the tabletop. I’m waiting for the rumoured… Read more »

Last edited 11 days ago by Corruption
Francis Cowper
Francis Cowper
11 days ago

What do you mean, last time, James? The warp is fickle…

Cazza
Cazza
11 days ago

Was Beard forced to play smurfs

Matthew Jarvis
Matthew Jarvis

Haha. I thank you. Im here all week 😅

Miles Scholl
Miles Scholl
11 days ago

So happy to have a Tau player back! Go Rippy T! For the Tau’Va!

Matthew Jarvis
Matthew Jarvis
11 days ago

I think James nickname may have to be Neo, because of his affinity for the One! 😂. That and Jinx is taken 😅

Daniel Griffiths
Daniel Griffiths
11 days ago

That Ultramarine sergeant though! I think he’s got a base ld 8 as an intercessor sgt, then +1 for being a blueberry, and +1 for the stratagem, so that’s ld 10. Easily overlooked in the codex supplement so I tip my hat to Beard!

Leo Strube
Leo Strube
11 days ago

Telling your opponent you´re overcharging after rolling for the hits is just bad manners…
Lovely armies. Agree with Brett. Hope the new codex represents them better.

Brent
Brent
11 days ago

I propose James’ nickname be Bond after that spectacular bonding knife showcase.

Brett Pettitt
Brett Pettitt
11 days ago

I still think Tau do not do what they are supposed to do very well. Hopefully in their new codex they either get +1 Bs or ignore modifiers to shooting.

Tian
Tian
11 days ago

YAY! Looking forward to sitting down and getting stuck into this one! 💖