No Retreat Legends Recap! | Warhammer 40,000 Backstage

Avatar The Chef November 17, 202141  36 41 Likes

YouTube video

Join Spider as he talks he recent journey to Gibraltar to take part in the No Retreat Legends Tournament!

00:00 Intro

01:40 The List!

09:14 Game 1 – Julien (“Heavy”) – French Wargame Studio

14:50 Game 2 – Tom – Hellstorm Wargaming 20:21

Game 3 – Winters – Winters SEO/DZTV 29:44

Game 4 – Shaggy – SN Battle Reports

33:03 Game 5 – Antonio – Deep Games Spain

39:34 The Final Standings!

40:16 Tournament Wrap Up and List Review

42:52 Outro and Shout Outs!

🦠 Details on how we are keeping safe with our new COVID-19 working methods

🎥 Want even more Tabletop Tactics videos? Check out our website and sign up for On Demand!

🏆 Make sure to follow along with the League Rankings and even more gameplay stats here!

(Spoiler Warning! The Rankings are updated with every release so don’t read it until you’ve watched the game!)

📖 Learn the ways of war with our in depth Tactical Guides!

🎲 Like to roll in style? Tabletop Tactics Merchandise

🛒 For all your hobby and gaming needs, visit Tabletop Tactics’ sponsors Element Games

🗺 Game Mats provided by gamemat.eu

Raider: Dark Lance

Raider: Dark Lance

++ Total: 2,000pts ++

Jonathan Haynes
Jonathan Haynes(@jonathan-haynes)
8 days ago

Keep forgetting to comment. Glad to hear you did so well. Do you think Kabalites can still hang post balance datasheet?

Doddy
Doddy(@james-dodd)
11 days ago

I was following your games as best i could on the day and I was hoping for you to do well. Glad you had fun.

Ben H
Ben H(@benjamin-hunt)
13 days ago

Hoping for a TTTTTT collaboration sometime around the LGT, if not before 😉

Aaron Borer
Aaron Borer(@aaron-borer)
13 days ago

Thanks for the recap and congrats to you mr. Spider. Could have gone either way!

UseLess
UseLess(@useless)
15 days ago

Oh these are always excellent. Congratulations on the great result and the painting award! I’ll voice a request I’ve made earlier again based on that. I think it’d be great if you had an army showcase on your website with photos of the (studio) armies that you have. I’d love to just have a look at all the models, conversions and paint jobs that you guys accumulated over the years.

Thanks for drawing against the Sisters list, I didn’t know who I wanted to win that game considering my love for Sisters and support for you, haha.

cadtalfryn
cadtalfryn(@kyle-burleson)
18 days ago

Loved this. Would be great to see these tournament reports more often. I hope the other hosts join in too!

USS Sylvester
USS Sylvester(@christopher-sylvester)
18 days ago

Great job spider glad to see you back and glad to know you had a good time and I’ll watch the games and saw you accept best painted models as-well it was done really well and glad to see the money go to a good charity 🙂

Philippe Boulanger
Philippe Boulanger(@philippe_boulanger)
18 days ago

Good job Spider-man ! I like the tournament reports, keep em coming 🖤

SlipperyWeasel
SlipperyWeasel(@gareth-smith)
19 days ago

I must admit, I was watching it and rooting for you to win! But I guess the spirit of the event wasn’t to win. Would love to see the team there next time! As a Blood Angels player I would also like to see The Blood Angels Commander get an invite…

Khi Burgess
Khi Burgess(@khiburgess)
19 days ago

@Lawrence it was an awesome event I thought that Ork list was going to romp home until it hit that immovable object in the form of Winters. 😂 As an aside just an idea would you consider offering a tournament preparation “pack” a series of lets say 20 games all designed just for upcoming tournaments. Those folks who are interested in such things could pay you guys a seperate fee (a one off fee for each module of tournament games) for viewing these games given that these people are buying to view the tactics strategy prep etc…I am sure there… Read more »

Andreas Jensen
Andreas Jensen(@andreas-jensen)
19 days ago

Isn’t reroll to-hit and reroll to-wound the same math-wise?

Hi Im Fluffyy
Hi Im Fluffyy(@hi-im-fluffyy)
19 days ago

im actually very curious for your first game vs Argent Shroud, did he play disembarking from transports and still treating himself as remaining stationary for his Order Doctrine? ive heard against this and thats in part a massive reason why i dont really play AShroud currently.

Stefano(@eidein)
19 days ago

Thank you for this recap, Lawrence! I love this kind of videos. And cheers for your result, it was a great run!

Benoit Cappez
Benoit Cappez(@benoit-cappez)
19 days ago

I understand… Obsidian Rose FTW and the fun! I love the fluff and flavour of your list. Awesome paint job too

Dusan Radujko
Dusan Radujko(@dusan-radujko)
19 days ago

I loved this recap! Very entertaining, great insights, would love to see more if the tournaments keep comming!

Lee Maddison
Lee Maddison(@lee-maddison)
19 days ago

The term you’re looking for on standings/placement is ‘strength of schedule’*. It’s supposed to take your W-L-D into account, but also accounts for who you’ve lost to. So if you lose to someone that ends up coming top, ideally you should also place higher in the table. I’m a big fan of that for final rankings/placements/matching games over battle points.
*or was when I was more involved in ccg/swiss events

kevin flower
kevin flower(@kevin-flower)
19 days ago

Great run down and great list. I feel you I am mainly a Kabal player too. Like the aesthetic. SN boys are the other channel I sub to so seeing you and them all together was a great weekend.

Francis Cowper
Francis Cowper(@francis-cowper)
19 days ago

Great video, love the recap + photos. Excited for the batrep with the list!

Richard Greathead
Richard Greathead(@richard-greathead)
19 days ago

Valrak claims everyone brought filth lists!

sean dollard
sean dollard(@sean-dollard)
19 days ago

Your game against Winters SEO was very entertaining!