Death Guard vs Grey Knights | 2000pts Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report

Avatar The Chef November 20, 202135  56 35 Likes

YouTube video

Its stink vs shine as Chef and James battle it out, but will it be toughness or psychic might that takes victory?

00:00 Now available in store!

00:31 Intro

02:17 Death Guard Army List

05:37 Grey Knight Army List

08:38 Mission – Battle Lines

09:44 Game Intro

10:36 Game

🦠 Details on how we are keeping safe with our new COVID-19 working methods

🎥 Want even more Tabletop Tactics videos? Check out our website and sign up for On Demand!

🏆 Make sure to follow along with the League Rankings and even more gameplay stats here!

(Spoiler Warning! The Rankings are updated with every release so don’t read it until you’ve watched the game!)

📖 Learn the ways of war with our in depth Tactical Guides!

🎲 Like to roll in style? Tabletop Tactics Merchandise

🛒 For all your hobby and gaming needs, visit Tabletop Tactics’ sponsors Element Games

🗺 Game Mats provided by gamemat.eu

🎨 For professional miniature painting commissions see Siege Studios

The Army Lists are:

Death Guard

++ Battalion Detachment ++

Plague Company: The Ferrymen

+ HQ +

Death Guard Daemon Prince: Warlord- Hulking Physique, Relic- Plague Skull of Glothila, Helforged Sword, Foetid Wings, Power- Miasma of Pestilence

Lord of Contagion: Plaguechosen- The Droning, Manreaper, Orb of Desiccation

2x Purifier: Incinerator

5x Purifier Squad
Knight of the Flame: Nemesis Force Sword, Storm Bolter
2x Purifier: Nemesis Force Sword, Storm Bolter
2x Purifier: Incinerator

+ Flyer +

Stormraven Gunship: Twin Heavy Plasma Cannon, Twin Multi-melta, 2x Hurricane Bolters

++ Total: 1,997pts ++

Thijs Schrijnemakers
Thijs Schrijnemakers(@thijs-schrijnemakers)
12 days ago

Thought the GK had it, well fought back Chef =) thanks for the batrep

Joshua Mcewen
Joshua Mcewen(@joshua-mcewen)
13 days ago

I don’t have much interest in either of these factions. Still highly entertaining and engaging. Another example of what makes the table top tactics team so extraordinary.

Luke Watkinson
Luke Watkinson(@luke-watkinson)
13 days ago

I really wish we could get an MP3 of chef going ” oh you have a character? DEAD!” because it will make a beautiful text tone

Scorn for the weak
Scorn for the weak(@jack-pawsey)
13 days ago

Almost every time James makes a joke i think “aww, bless”.

Jinx and Bless for nicknames?

Scott Dominey
Scott Dominey(@scott-dominey)
13 days ago

Well played gents. Liked the camera work Jinx. Always a joy.

Philippe Boulanger
Philippe Boulanger(@philippe_boulanger)
13 days ago

Thanks for taking the time to respond. The quality of the show is just bonkers. You must be doing something right ☺️

Khi Burgess
Khi Burgess(@khiburgess)
14 days ago

This dialled in format is excellent I know it is not returning and I understand why but I still prefer and misd the old army list intro. But if it means I forgo the old army intro for this beautifully rendered and very well conceived format I happily pay it. Lawrence you have my apologies this is deffinatley the winner for me pal!!!

Maj. Boredom
Maj. Boredom(@daniel-payne1988outlook-com)
14 days ago

Loving the new format of showing the moves for each army at the start of your turn.

Richard Dodd
Richard Dodd(@richard-dodd)
14 days ago

how come i can’t download this one?

SonofDorn55
SonofDorn55(@sonofdorn55)
14 days ago

Great game, love the new format. James is a great addition. I know GK list wasn’t optimized but still hate DG, too resilient and tough, reducing damage and toughness of opponent (?). Plague Marine taking out Voldus easily…

Francisco Michels
Francisco Michels(@francisco-michels)
14 days ago

Good game, really enjoyed the death gaurd list.

Mozno1
Mozno1(@mozno1)
14 days ago

Should Crowe have fought first in the fight phase due to Martial superiority? I dont think it would have made a difference though. Great game, I always feel for Chef with his rolls though… DG vs GK is a match i play quite a bit (from the GK side), dont know what you guys think but i feel i have to make maximum use of MWs in my psychic phase (making taking a libby bomb almost insta pick)? With the lack of range and the DG’s making most GK stuff 1D and then reducing toughness in combat, really seems to… Read more »

Last edited 14 days ago by Mozno1
Matt Hall
Matt Hall(@matt-hall)
14 days ago

If you dropped two blight Terminators and put them in one unit you could get a unit 18 of pox walkers,have to drop a combi plasma and a blight launcher though.. ,just love the pox Walker’s think there the best unit for there points in the game.

Last edited 14 days ago by Matt Hall
Benoit Cappez
Benoit Cappez(@benoit-cappez)
15 days ago

Great game !! So many up and downs along the turns… Awesome.
The new format is getting better each time. I was painting when listening so I lost some details, like Voldus’s demise because sountrack only doesn’t help. My bad.

Clive Carrington
Clive Carrington(@clive-carrington)
15 days ago

I think a good nickname for James would be “the Bard” he reminds me of the bard from the witcher and also annunciates like his on stage when he gets excited. Very entertaining!

Philippe Boulanger
Philippe Boulanger(@philippe_boulanger)
15 days ago

Great show guys ! Out of curiosity, why did you guys make the change to the format ? Is it a response to a technical issue or a popular request or ? I like it, I’m just genuinely interested. I like that the players are describing the plays now (as opposed to a neutral camera person) but for me, the entertainment value would go up if the third person would chime in a bit more. Jinx did it a little more in this batrep and it was good. Not a complaint : I know you like constructive feedbacks so there… Read more »

Jack Kypreos
Jack Kypreos(@jack-kypreos)
15 days ago

Loved the non meta lists. I love infantry heavy GK. Only thing i wouldve done differently woulda been spamming the Purifying ritual for a quick maxxed secondary. Its too good and i may be incorrect here but shouldnt Crowe have fought first because of his rule? Regardless Ive been keen to see James battle Chef and was even better to see him use my Favorite army. The crew is on point with the editting! Epic

Cassteel
Cassteel(@scott-hadley)
15 days ago

I really like “The Moose” for James’ nickname.

Last edited 15 days ago by Cassteel
Jared Bonter
Jared Bonter(@jared-bonter)
15 days ago

As a Canadian, I am extremely offended by this episode. The Moose is a majestic creature whose eggs provide much needed nourishment in the winter months

Cassteel
Cassteel(@scott-hadley)
15 days ago

I love the commercial at the beginning! It was awesome 🙂 Can I expect videos at the end of upcoming videos to have the gang singing Christmas carols? That would be awesome! 🙂

Wayne Englouen
Wayne Englouen(@wayne-englouen-4733)
15 days ago

“Video unavailable” now I’m sad.

Leon Wait
Leon Wait(@leon-wait)
16 days ago

When I got up this morning I had plan to order a Christmas jumper so I guess it was meant to be 👍

Miles Scholl
Miles Scholl(@miles-scholl)
16 days ago

Whole team is on point rn, James and Katy are fitting in so well

Doddy
Doddy(@james-dodd)
16 days ago

Really like this format. Works well. Seeing the movements is much better imo.

bison_mechanicus
bison_mechanicus(@david-bruce)
16 days ago

Chef, the “bad luck” quick edit made me choke on my coffee, great job everyone! Such a fun batrep, James is such a great addition to the team!

Richard Dodd
Richard Dodd(@richard-dodd)
16 days ago

james is like the sound effects dude from police academy lol

Stuart Hay
Stuart Hay(@stuart-hay)
16 days ago

@42:35, there unfortunately seems to be an audio issue. Warp tainted scrapcode in the vox maybe?

Stuart Hay
Stuart Hay(@stuart-hay)
16 days ago

Currently crying with laughter at Chef’s comment that James is actually a goldfish piloting a human robot suit. xD
James’s nickname suggestions: Goldfish (“fish” for short) or some variant thereof.

Jon Wilson
Jon Wilson(@jon-wilson)
16 days ago

Smashing game folks, thank you! Cool to see a few different things come out to play, the paladins, stormraven, etc. I’d forgotten how smol the Myphitic Blighthaulers are. Adorable.

Kim Møller
Kim Møller(@kim-moller)

good fun batrep for sure ! wp all 🙂
1 note : since you only have 1 dicetray, the 2 of you have to change places all the time. that gives me as a viewer a chaotic/clunky feeling and i sometimes had to double check wich players turn we were in the middle of. i would give the only-1-shared-dice-tray concept a second thought.

Stefano(@eidein)
16 days ago

Thank you, Chef! You brought a list that it’s very different from the one I usually play, and it was really interesting to see how it worked. I thought to try again to use things like the Plague Marines, but since I don’t have that much time I tend to use my main list to have it ready when I go to tournaments. It’s great to see different things in action thanks to your batreps.
Nice to see James again, I’d say that he is feeling right at home with the team already!

Last edited 16 days ago by Stefano
Funkblasta
Funkblasta(@bonner-secrest)
16 days ago

I keep getting a Video Unavailable error. If I go straight to YouTube I can watch it tho, just not on the app.

Erik Ramvi
Erik Ramvi(@icecool)

Owned, James Owned

Todd Nelson
Todd Nelson(@todd-nelson)
16 days ago

Great game. Chef losing his shit priceless😂 that jumper came off real quick with those dice rolls…

Jack Kypreos
Jack Kypreos(@jack-kypreos)

For titan!!!!

Jonathan Archer
Jonathan Archer(@jonathan_archer)
16 days ago

The editing in this is SUBLIME! There’s so many subtle jumps in the timeline with effective cuts that you don’t notice at all (unless you know editing ofc). It makes it so easy to watch.

Chef, your skills do so much for this show, I must commend your work.
Edit: and jinx and beard, apologies for missing you out!

I’ll stop fanboying now.