**NEW CODEX** Adeptus Custodes vs Genestealer Cult 2,000pts | Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report

Avatar The Beard January 8, 2022100  67 100 Likes

YouTube video

It’s a double whammy as the esteemed Custodes take on the insidious Genestealer Cults in this New Codex Showdown!

For even further details on these Codexes, be sure to check out our free in depth Tactical Guides!

Adeptus Custodes Tactical Guide!

Genestealer Cults Tactical Guide!

00:00 Intro
02:25 Adeptus Custodes List
06:31 Genestealer Cults List
11:02 Mission – Scorched Earth
12:01 Game Start
14:55 Game
2:15:46 The mighty martial stances of the Adeptus Custodes

🦠 Details on how we are keeping safe with our new COVID-19 working methods

🎥 Want even more Tabletop Tactics videos? Check out our website and sign up for On Demand!

🏆 Make sure to follow along with the League Rankings and even more gameplay stats here!

(Spoiler Warning! The Rankings are updated with every release so don’t read it until you’ve watched the game!)

📖 Learn the ways of war with our in depth Tactical Guides!

🎲 Like to roll in style? Tabletop Tactics Merchandise

🛒 For all your hobby and gaming needs, visit Tabletop Tactics’ sponsors Element Games

🗺 Game Mats provided by gamemat.eu

🎨 For professional miniature painting commissions see Siege Studios

The Army Lists are:

Adeptus Custodes

++ Battalion Detachment ++

Shield Host: Dread Host

+ HQ +

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike: Warlord- Superior Creation, Victor of the Blood Games- Radiant Mantle, Relic- Auric Acquillas, Captain-Commander- Tip of the Spear, Salvo Launcher

Allarus Shield Captain: Warlord Trait- All-Seeing Annihilator, Relic- Obliteratum, Castellan Axe

+ Troops +

4x Custodian Guard: Guardian Spears

4x Custodian Guard: Sentinel Blade, Praesidium Shield

3x Sagittarum Custodians

+ Elites +

4x Allarus Custodians: Castellan Axe

Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought: Eternal Penitent, Twin Adrathic Destructor, Achillus Dreadspear

Vexilus Praetor in Allarus Terminator Armor: Vexilla Defensor

+ Fast Attack +

3x Venatari Custodians: Kinetic Destroyer, Tarsus Buckler

++ Total: 2,000pts ++

Genestealer Cults

++ Battalion Detachment ++
Cult Creed: Rusted Claw
+ HQ +
Patriarch: Warlord- Entropic Touch, Relic- The Nomad’s Mantle, Powers- Mass Hypnosis, Might From Beyond
Primus: Leaders of the Cult- Alien Majesty
Goliath Truck
Goliath Truck
Goliath Truck
++ Total: 2,000pts ++

James Bowles
James Bowles

When chef said that tanglefoot is only on infantry where is that from because the rules just say enemy unit?

SchnitzelHip
SchnitzelHip

Amazing game, love the chemistry between the players and I always love to see the custards getting a run out. That solar watch scheme is _gorgeous_. Great way to introduce the two books. On the tall helmets – traditionally tall helmets are used to give “presence” (think the UK bobby bell helmet) so the sheer size makes them more imposing and terifying. Given that those alchemical man beasts are larger than the poor cultists on bikes _already_ it seems a little overkill. Praetor was a rank in the roman judiciary; below a consul and were assumed to have wide ranging… Read more »

Mark Merfield
Mark Merfield

One of the funniest bat reps I’ve watched in a while. Really enjoyed it

Martin Payne
Martin Payne

Awesome game, really entertaining. Custodes seem to be the unstoppable force, who would be their immovable opposition, hmm.

Adam
Adam

Lovely batrep. They are very slick these days. Great job.
I also love how the Avatar of Khaine dropped his poop everywhere.

Matt Hall
Matt Hall

Tiger upper Emperors knee👁

Bem258
Bem258

Great report as alwyas guys. I wondered, would you ever create a report with a Sisters of Silence army. Would be interested to see how they play!

Jesse Kent
Jesse Kent

Such a fun game to watch! Loved the seeing both of these armies and I’m glad to hear Chef will be bringing them more often.

UseLess
UseLess

Oh that was so entertaining! Great game guys, the fun you had just poured from the screen. And damn the GSC are tempting. Not looked into the book in detail but what I’ve seen so far looks like so much fun to use! If only I could paint a million times faster, then I’d be buying into GSC for sure. Very excited to see them feature more regularly now!

Grimwoldus
Grimwoldus

Great game. One of the best ever.
Chef smiling all the way with his Genestealer Cult.
Beard on song as usual.

Top quality.

Pol

max driemer
max driemer

Just 12 minutes in but seeing how excited chef is already puts a smile on my face.

Tormund the Brute
Tormund the Brute

Why do Custodes have such weirdly shaped helmets? BECAUSE THEY ARE IN FACT BANANAS IN DISGUISE!!!

Viktor
Viktor

Great report, so much fun, I just feel like the custodes are in a rough spot, just like every “Elite” army now and the Codex has been more of a sidegrade than an upgrade for most of the stuff. Now -1D is everywhere, everybody gets disgustingly-resilient-waveserpent-dreadnaught-like rules. Even with the new codex Custodes are still struggling with anti-tank, one shooting phase, and a few lascannons and you’ve lost like 40-50% of your army, so the resilience department is also pretty bad. I would understand giving custodes +1 wound across the board. like 4 wound troops, 5 wound termies, that wouldn’t… Read more »

Riley Fitzgerald
Riley Fitzgerald

Chef looks so happy playing GSC! New favorite army, Chef?

Ben H
Ben H

“Are you going to hit R1 at the right time?” I love that Chef is an FF8 fan (or at least can make jokes about it).

Really enjoyed watching this game. Both books look to have plenty of depth, but neither seems obviously broken like some which shall remain unnamed.

James Wildman
James Wildman

Great report guys!

If it helps, “Praetor” in Latin is a rank relating to civil government.

I can’t confirm this with any books or googling, but my guess is that since both the Vexilla bearer and the bikers are canonically veterans, the “Praetor” in their name is some kind of veteran rank signifier.

[What does veteran even mean when your basic troops are immortal demigods who might be 1,000s of years old? Good question]

Thijs Schrijnemakers
Thijs Schrijnemakers

The fun you guys had is palpable. I liked Chefs outflanking. Fun to watch, thanks for the video

OK
OK

This was fun although cult buggies having -1 dam is ridonk

Matthew Wilkinson
Matthew Wilkinson

Nice! New subscriber here. Loving the content. I really want to do a cult army but I must finish my waaagh! First

Joseph Hawkins
Joseph Hawkins

Brilliant job getting all of these articles and the game out so quickly, really enjoyed all of your content, particularly as I play both armies! Thanks guys.

TrenchFever
TrenchFever

Look. Look. I’m not saying I would eat a custodes any any given day. But. Given the chance, I’m just saying that if one was going to eat a custodes, you’d want them cooked in the armour to seal in the juices. the Chef is of course, true to his nom de guerre.

Brett Pettitt
Brett Pettitt

Thanks for all these videos this week guys. The best thing here is my friend is a GSC player, I have a full custodes list with spares to build and all the information given in all these videos is going to be a major help.
And we both get to see how they do against each other.
My big question for you is how you think the blade champion will fit in?

Daniel Bromley
Daniel Bromley

Great game guys, really enjoyed that.

bison_mechanicus
bison_mechanicus

Awesome release batrep! I was great seeing how genuinely happy Chef was explaining all the shenanigans. Cant wait to see more GSC in the near future!

alonso Madrigales
alonso Madrigales

Sorry chef but I hope beard wins. Spider destroying custodes last game was rough lol.

Marcus Cross
Marcus Cross

Early days but looking interesting for the Talons forces. Certainly some good tools in there, great report!

Chris Cubley
Chris Cubley

Am I the only one who was expecting Chef to sprout a third arm when they were explaining how Beard got 15 points for his secondary?

Capfa
Capfa

What a fantastic release schedule. The Guide section is a really good addition. Watched the game to minute 38:00 and I ask myself if Beards move with the bikes is scripted to show off all the good stuff from the kult Codex or just his tactical genius.

James Perry
James Perry

Another great report. Cool to see the two new books in action.

I am hoping GW is keeping the ‘Tracer Rounds BABY!’ Strat for the new Guard codex.

Jonathan Haynes
Jonathan Haynes

Timing. I’m actually thinking of dreadhost custodes as my second army.

Scorn for the weak
Scorn for the weak

A match generations in the making! Heck yes!

Connor Guy
Connor Guy

Great way to start the weekend

Karmu
Karmu

Embeded video is only showing a link. Really looking forward to this game!!!
nvm. fixed