Iron Warriors vs Tallarn 2000pts | Warhammer 40,000 Battle Report

Avatar Tabletop Tactics January 23, 202145  70 45 Likes

It’s a classic match up with Bone and Beard as these old foes clash over the deserts sands!

Details on how we are keeping safe with our new COVID-19 working methods can be found here:

Want even more Tabletop Tactics videos? Sign up for On Demand here: https://tabletoptactics.tv/membership-account/membership-levels/

The Army Lists are:

Iron Warriors

++ Eaten by Grotty ++

Tallarn

++ Eaten by Grotty ++

Ian Hayman
Ian Hayman
1 month ago

This is how 40k is meant to be played both players having fun, great report, and beard you inspired me to convert my own chaos lord from the abandon kit for my hounds of nurgle

Pritchard
Pritchard
1 month ago

So I think this might be one of the best examples (outside of some of the spiders matches) about how prevalent the transport playstyle is prevalent in the 9e missions. As someone who is starting their army of Alpha Legion, how important is it to still field those transports if you have options to pregame move/redeploy/have extra defense at range? Is it just extra precaution or wasted points? Thanks for any feedback

jake diewald
jake diewald
1 month ago

I feel like if you want to go mech guard you have to drop the leman russ totally, they just cost too much and don’t have enough extra durability over chimera chassis vehicles. Looking at trying a catachan brigade mixing straken/priest/bullgryns (just 6, it’s all I have models for) and 6x infantry in 2x HF chimeras with a mini artillery park of harker, 2x full payload manticores, and a basilisk. It seems like no matter what though, unless you’re running 120+ infantry you’re gonna bleed points. I really think they need to disallow double dipping, on secondaries as well as… Read more »

Last edited 1 month ago by jake diewald
Rory Gallagher
Rory Gallagher
1 month ago

This is what I’m talking about! Good work on the guard list today bone, I will say that heavy bolters are absolutely not worth the points for guard especially on BS 4 platforms. How many did you shoot on turn 1 and they did absolutely nothing? For 5 more points the plasma sponsons are much better on tank commanders and I really don’t think paying for sponsons on normal lemans is worth it. I think mechanized infantry is the way to go with guard right now. I do think your chimeras would have performed a lot better with 2 heavy… Read more »

André Orthmann
André Orthmann
1 month ago

One of the best games during the last months i guess. Really fun to watch. In addition its always nice to see when 1. bone plays his Tallarn + 2. beard plays his Iron Warriors… in combination… its just better. Epic battle.

Last edited 1 month ago by André Orthmann
Choppa
Choppa

Absolutely mega game!!!!

Studious Abandon
Studious Abandon

‘A double 6 is commonly called boxcars, or occasionally a “Damm it Lawrence”‘
This is the peak content we are here for…

Justus Hölscher
Justus Hölscher
1 month ago

Lovely batrep, really enjoyed it. Just a shame that guard are just so bad at the moment.. the punishers really underperformed in turns one and two.

Dave Henderson
Dave Henderson
1 month ago

Excellent game, which is great to see given this enduring grudge match! Can I just ask where are those trees from?

GreaterChickenofTzeentch
GreaterChickenofTzeentch
1 month ago

Great game. Spitespitter on Ignis at all times, please. So fun. Not to mention he’s usually deployed with a shooty unit.

Adam Anzaldua
Adam Anzaldua
1 month ago

Am I missing something about unit coherency? It that line of infantry in Bone’s deployment legal?

Johan Røikjer
Johan Røikjer

Awsome😎

Brian Rae
Brian Rae
1 month ago

I do just want to add that I think this one of the tensest, most exciting and closest games for a while. Good job guys.

Brian Rae
Brian Rae
1 month ago

So, Bone. A couple of thoughts on your list and tactics: The main problem at the moment with Mechanised guard lists is that, even with post FAQ changes to bring it down., your vehicles are still worth too many Victory Points. For example, each Chimera is still worth two VP (one for Bring it Down, one for Thin the Ranks) which mean Beard is double dipping into two secondaries for each one he kills. You might have been better off spending those points on yet more Infantry and Veteran squads, so that Beard could only potentially max out Thin the… Read more »

Last edited 1 month ago by Brian Rae
Luke Mc Govern
Luke Mc Govern
1 month ago

This was a really enjoyable batrep. An absolute nail bitter. The terrain setup was top notch, that gorge in the centre really forced decisions of which way to go.

If a leman Russ has 12w then the WL should have been dead from the 10 from the first havocs plus overheating on two turns. This could have freed up the second havocs unit to kill the HW teams.
If a leman Russ has more wounds then it should have been dead from the second set of havocs as only beasts swarms and infantry get the benefit of area terrain.

Stuart McIntyre
Stuart McIntyre
1 month ago

i think the Choas list could benefit from some investment in a bigger variety of HQ choices. A dark apostle, and Master of possession can give you rerolls and the valuable +1 to hit in shooting which makes everything much more efficient.
I also can’t wait until they get rid of vengeance for Cadia, that strat is so broken.

Warp Wasp
Warp Wasp
1 month ago

Fun stuff gang. Beard, question for you. Do you feel you’re getting back what you want from all the obliterators? Just seems as if with as swingy as they are and as pricy as they are you might be better served with either some type of cicarian or predator tanks, or better yet Terminators. I know you mentioned not as familiar with the terminators but they should be a bit more sturdy and consistent in their output. Also, you may want to see about getting the quad laser version of your rapier battery back in the list. The heavy bolters… Read more »

skovira88
skovira88
1 month ago

Nice game lads. Nice game lads. But ah i want to be the first to break the news on the comments section. I hope Sanga has been busting out Some Dark Angels models, specially Deathwing. I saw on the GW website. DA codex supplement will be dropping this Saturday. You guys ready? Cuz I am balls to the wall excited. PS I already know / have the feeling there will be no Lion. I would be entirely shocked if they released him. Fingers still crossed for an updated Azrael though. Seeing how he is still available in the store. I… Read more »

Last edited 1 month ago by skovira88
Nick baril
Nick baril
1 month ago

Just wondering how come some videos can’t be downloaded and or casted onto a TV? Is it just an app glitch?

Phantomspy
Phantomspy
1 month ago

Can tell me why the Download Button is not Shown for this episode especially?

Ludwig Tress
Ludwig Tress
1 month ago

Is this because of my audio being crappy or does the micro really struggle to cope with Bone’s loudness in the last few videos. I can’t remember this being a thing in the past. Sorry if it’s just on my end.

Brett Pettitt
Brett Pettitt
1 month ago

I really love these close games, keep me watching until the very last second. Thanks for the fore warning as I cover the speaker until the volume dropped again.
And I love the lock and load sound for CP, though I know a lot are not a fan.

The Woodsman
The Woodsman
1 month ago

Awesome game lads! Always a pleasure to watch the Iron Warriors/Tallarn grudge matches, and that HH novel is spankin’ as well, you can just picture it… so cool!

Tobias Hill
Tobias Hill
1 month ago

What a great game, gents! Bravo! Very much miss the super-heavy showdown though

Viktor
Viktor
1 month ago

Who needs Eldar physiology or to be a Genestealer when you have a company commander to shout at you so that you could outrun an aircraft. just supersonic guardsmen

Mike Oade
Mike Oade
1 month ago

B Bone weilded desert power with the same casual aplomb as Paul Atreides. Has the sleeper awakened? Is Chef the mentat from Geidi prime? That would make: Beard = Duncan Idaho, Stig = Liet “The Emperor’s planetologist and of course Spider = Shadout Mapes the lovable Fremen housekeeper.

Patrick Biron
Patrick Biron
1 month ago

Not going to lie, and absolutely zero disrespect to the other bosses on the channel, but reps between ‘stralia carny hands and space bun grimdark Jesus are a special kind of favorite for me.

fulgrimatic
fulgrimatic
1 month ago

Fun game to watch. Nice use of the different types of terrain.

bison_mechanicus
bison_mechanicus

Wow amazing rep, guys!

Jack Adamson
Jack Adamson
1 month ago

Wouldn’t the 2nd command squad at around the 45 minute mark have hit 4 times, due to the 3+ bs of the veterans?

André Schacht
André Schacht
1 month ago

Ok stupid question. What Lascannons are the Havocs using? What kit do they come from. I’m building mine right now and i those doesn’t seem to use the backpack of the GW kit?

Bradley Pringle
Bradley Pringle
1 month ago

Wowzer! Incredible, all the sweat has drained from me that was edge of the seat stuff. Nice work dudes.

Dale Wilsher
Dale Wilsher
1 month ago

Sorry how do you download on the app

Andreas Benson
Andreas Benson

dual 6 is called boxcars for some reason

Firefox396
Firefox396
1 month ago

Beard you got my hopes up! I saw iron warriors and I was like “he’s finally trying my list”😅 either way great game gentlemen

Axalender
Axalender
1 month ago

Don’t forget that frag grenades are blast weapons, so minimum 3 shots vs the guard squad in turn 4. Could have made a big difference!
Also, why not pop smoke on the rhinos at any point in the game??

Huw Tindall
Huw Tindall
1 month ago

Ah wow that’s the most exciting batrep in a while I reckon! Up the Guard!! Love games where there isn’t a massive alpha strike and it goes down to the last turn.
Think it’s been asked before but are you guys going to do Open War missions as well for some extra spice or just stick to the Main Rule Book and GT pack?

MajorGem
MajorGem
1 month ago

Best comment ever…..oh no I’ve been thinking about it too much it’s all about to go wrong LMAO 😂🤣

rynar
rynar
1 month ago

An incredible edge on the seat game gents!!! Really enjoyable!

Brian Rae
Brian Rae
1 month ago

Beard is always at his best playing the armies he loves. Looking forward to watching this after work.

Last edited 1 month ago by Brian Rae
1 month ago

Such a nice game, it’s always fun when things are so balanced!

James Marsden
James Marsden
1 month ago

So much fun!! Great game guys!

Stumanks
Stumanks
1 month ago

Can someone please inform beard that the dreadclaw can’t start the game on the board lol he’s always worried its gonna die turn one….it can drop his turn 1 anyway 🤣🤣

HereBeDragonsAndBert
HereBeDragonsAndBert
1 month ago

Good game guys. Pretty clutch with some great laughs. Thanks!

Alex Andrews
Alex Andrews
1 month ago

Such a close game. Decided by the penultimate dice roll. So good! Well done chaps and and extra special big thanks for everything you are doing! Keep it up!

Jonathan Archer
Jonathan Archer
1 month ago

You’re right, Beard. You can amass as many Victory Points as you can, but you can’t take them with you.
Yolo

Colin Clarke
Colin Clarke
1 month ago

Great game guys, very close. I do think that the plasma tank commander actually took another mortal wound from overheating that wasn’t recorded, which might have made a difference, but it was a good game anyway

Hiran Devlia
Hiran Devlia
1 month ago

Shiny! I cant wait, this’ll be fun to watch when I finish work today!

Dean Brereton
Dean Brereton
1 month ago

Oh yes, this will be good

Pod Melia
Pod Melia
1 month ago

Classic match! I can’t get enough of both these armies!