Why Tyranids are the Best 40k Faction | Warhammer 40,000 Faction Focus

Avatar The Chef July 22, 202130  58 30 Likes

YouTube video

In this first of a new series, Beard and Katie talk Tyranids, and why the think they’re the best 40k Faction!

🦠 Details on how we are keeping safe with our new COVID-19 working methods

🎥 Want even more Tabletop Tactics videos? Check out our website and sign up for On Demand!

🏆 Make sure to follow along with the League Rankings and even more gameplay stats here!

(Spoiler Warning! The Rankings are updated with every release so don’t read it until you’ve watched the game!)

🎲 Like to roll in style? Tabletop Tactics Merchandise

🛒 For all your hobby and gaming needs, visit Tabletop Tactics’ sponsors Element Games

🗺 Game Mats provided by gamemat.eu

🎨 For professional miniature painting commissions see Siege Studios

Adam Imeson
Adam Imeson
3 days ago

The best faction?!?! Too Destroy! Call the Inquisition this video is filled with heresy!.

Marko
Marko
4 days ago

Carnifexes and genestealers would definitely make it into my top 3. My last spot would go to hormagaunts, since I love the idea of a carpet of bladed gribblies ont he table (actual effectiveness aside 🙂 )

Arazlam
Arazlam
5 days ago

Good interview yall! I do look forward to this series going forward, and am wondering if there will be any guest appearances for some of the factions 🤔

Ben Pooley
Ben Pooley
5 days ago

I totally agree with your top 3 there, the world needs more carnifexes!

Matthew
Matthew
6 days ago

KATIE!!! The love for Tyranids that you bring validates everything I yell at my screen when I watch batreps… MORE hive guard! Warriors! And warriors! And MORE warriors! I run 2 9-man warriors blobs fully kitted out and with enhanced resistance as Leviathan to make them even harder to kill (that and 18 zoanthropes 🤣). All of that being said, I can only hope that the new Tyranid codex gets the Necron treatment… It needs a full overhaul. Shadow in the Warp needs to be scarier, and affect more than just psykers (it affects everyone, just psykers more)… they need… Read more »

Ted
Ted
6 days ago

They’re coming out of the Goddamn walls!

The Greater Goose
The Greater Goose
6 days ago

Feels weird to see the swarmlord being called a classic. I still think of it as one of those shiny newfangled things that have only just appeared. In an unrelated note, my main tactic against tyranids is shouting at them to get off my lawn.

Jonathan Archer
Jonathan Archer
7 days ago

I remember playing against my mate’s tyranids in 4th ed. His carnifexes were genuinely scary. I would lose to them every time. Shame to see them such a minor unit now.

Porthos
Porthos
7 days ago

Really great to hear why players love their factions! Thank you Katifex.
I look forward to Katie’s video on what her second favourite faction is, and why it’s the Raven Guard!

Laughing Forest
Laughing Forest
7 days ago

GSC player here. But what I do love most about the Tyranids is they are the most innocent species in the game. No pride, no lust, no greed, no betrayal, no evil, no good…just hunger, evolution, and survival.

Terrifying, but actually innocent relative even to humanity (and Tau are secretly evil, right?)

Tropic Thunder
Tropic Thunder
7 days ago

Good to see some Tyranid love on the website. They were the first army I bought (though not the first I ever had), so Tyranids will always hold a special place in my heart. 🙂 Katie, if you want to try a good close combat set of rules for the army, try a custom army that uses the Synaptic Augmentation and Hypermetabolic Acceleration hive fleet traits. The second is straightforward (you can reroll Advance rolls), but the first is nifty and seldom used. It requires a decent spread of Synapse and/or Psyker units on the board so you can have… Read more »

christopher medalis
christopher medalis
7 days ago

I love my ‘Nid army! I am a GSC fan first and foremost, but you need the rest of the Hive come to rescue them!
I’ve been working on speeding up my painting and finally got down to the bare-bones so I can crank out small bugs en-masse in about 15 minutes each on average. 😀

Lee Maddison
Lee Maddison
7 days ago

TT: starts doing ‘Nid related content.
Me: <insert Gandalf ‘Don’t tempt me Bilbo Baggins!’ meme here>

Christopher Moyzio
Christopher Moyzio
7 days ago

Guys. Wait. A new Presenter?
A Tyranid game followed by a Faction Focus Tyranids?

WHATS GOING ON?

Love you guys!
Keep it up!

Mark Orosz
Mark Orosz
7 days ago

Katie you know what nid is good in combat? The toxicrene with the prey sight prey sight custom hive fleet trait!

Also Beard I think you did a good job on the interview.

ChrisFrosin
ChrisFrosin

*Cough* Necrons *cough*

Stuart Dickson
Stuart Dickson
7 days ago

If you have a predominantly white army you neeeeed an airbrush. Will save you so much time and your sanity

Khi Burgess
Khi Burgess
7 days ago

I will see your hive guard and raise you a Dimachaeron, this models brilliant and so I have been advised highly competative.

Last edited 7 days ago by Khi Burgess
Khi Burgess
Khi Burgess
7 days ago

I found a very easy way of smashing gaunts out I just painted loads really quickly, get an Artis Opus dry brush large and just smash the paint on then stiple with a small dry brush using the same brush to add edge highlighting as long as you use the dampening pad you dont get the chalky effect. For the shading I use Bitume from Abteilung 502 put it all over the model then use a cotton bud to remove the excess. I reckon if I whent full clip not including assembly, no airbrush couple days to bang out a… Read more »

PunchieCWG
PunchieCWG
7 days ago

That explains why the carnifexes are suddenly being brought out! I am still routinely tempted to buy the old 2nd edition screamer killer carnifex. All tentacles and yelling 🙂

Martinb
Martinb
7 days ago

I don’t play nids admittedly. But am currently painting 30 (maybe 60) hormagaunts as a batch for a birthday present. And it’s so therapeutic just doing them to his colours. Terrifying too, thinking they’ll be coming my way.

Valheru
Valheru
7 days ago

Love this series already, very easy to watch and relatable.
This version of Katie presenting is AWESOME – real and genuine. Feels a lot more natural than the forced “no, I win” type of banter in the recent BatRep.
Well done Katie!

Nathan Whitchurch
Nathan Whitchurch
7 days ago

Nidzilla is the best. We all love big bugs and we cannot lie. Its not competitive, but I do enjoy a 15 carnifex list led by Old One Eye. Its just good fun.

Steven Baker
Steven Baker
7 days ago

With new blast rules I can’t imagine how horde can be buffed enough. Going to be interesting

Chuckard
Chuckard
7 days ago

I think Tyranids can stay squishy, at least the little bugs, but need to be given more deep strike or reserve options. I always imagine them swarming from all quarters, underground, and dropping from the sky. That and maybe some free model regeneration options for the small weak hoarde units for that endless tide feel.

Mikhail Davis
Mikhail Davis
7 days ago

So Katie, if there was a second faction you’d want to play, which one would it be?

Jake Toner
Jake Toner
7 days ago

I really hope our new codex makes horde spam really viable and special for us. We should be the faction with way more models than anything else!

Ryan Muza
Ryan Muza
7 days ago

This is totally not going to be biased 😉